Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles
735 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2135534566
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Dining Room:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Please call for details.
- Special Events: Morton's in Los Angeles (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/losangeles
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles
Morton's, The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (36)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (22)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great for Girls night out!bindygrlDined on 8/23/2014Perfect setting for being pampered, served, and adored as girfriends get caught up after a long week. No rush, just good sense of humor, and timing as we meandered through our meal, topped by an awesome cheesecake split between us.Special Features:
- DAVID QUINTANAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Awesome experience. Took two CEO's out for one's birthday. They took a picture of us and gave us back our menu's wrapped in a ribbon along with the photo in a birthday frame. Then brought an awesome pice of cheesecake for the birthday boy. I am going back for the next birthday celebration that comes along.Special Features:
- Food - Fantastic...Service - SubparBusinessdinnerAug82014Dined on 8/6/2014Outstanding food, while expense it's worth the money. When spending $120/person for dinner I expect exceptional service...unfortunately it's far from what we recieved...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good meal at MortonsChanceVIPDined on 8/2/2014There were three of us dinning that evening. We had left home early because of traffic but arrived about 20 minutes early. Valet parking is handled by an independent firm and they were busy. We were seated immediately for dinner and all of us had Steaks. My nephew had the Ribeye and my wife and I both had Filets. All of the steaks were prepared to order. The service was the usual Morton's standard even though our original server went on break in the middle of our meal. We don't eat at this Morton's very often since we don't frequent downtown. Would recommend if you lke a good steak.Special Features:
- Celebration, Great Steak & Service2dine4Dined on 7/27/2014Easy reservation process and confirmation through OpenTable for Morton's The Steakhouse DTLA. The attentive server made our birthday celebration extra special. The crab cake, salad, broccoli side, and key lime pie were yummy. The filet mignon was exceptional. We also had an excellent selection with the Dine LA Week special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingiluvfoodDined on 7/22/2014I came for Dine LA and the food and service were amazing. I definitely plan to come back and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The filet mignon with the truffle butter was delicious. The bacon mac-n-cheese on the side was the best I've had-it was better than mine, and I make delicious mac-n-cheese. The potatoes were tasty, and the french onion soup had smoky flavors as well- Not too salty, just the right amount of onions. The service was excellent- our waiter was Mickey, and he had a great sense of humor and really helpful. I always say, if I can make what I order, then it wasn't worth it, and I don't think I can replicate that meal- it was a great way to end Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineLAJReneeDined on 7/19/2014Tried Morton's for the first time after seeing them on dineLA. It was a great experience. Service was great; I had the jumbo shrimp with stuffed crab meat... Life changing!! Definitely something you should try if you haven't already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here and they made it such a special experience. They custom printed the menu with "Happy Birthday NAME" on top! They also took a photo of us, printed it out and framed it. On top of all this special attention, the food, wine, and service were outstanding. Keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Steakhouse in Downtown LAJasonMDined on 7/19/2014I have eaten before at Morton's, which was why it was really a surprise to find that the one in downtown LA was quite average. The food was just OK, but taken in the context of $300 for a meal for two, seems way overpriced. I had the Cajun Ribeye which is marinated for 48 hours prior to being served. It has a nice flavor, with some "kick", but was nothing to try again. It didn't help that the food when it arrived was only lukewarm, and not hot. This was also surprising, since the steak had a very nice sear on it, and was cooked as ordered on the inside, so it was most likely a delivery issue. The restaurant appeared slow, but our server was very distracted for some reason that I couldn't identify. Would not recommend this location.
- DeliciouslovegoodfoodDined on 7/19/2014Morton's comes highly recommended by two of my colleagues for their steak. My husband loves steak and I wanted to make his birthday special. I have absolutely no reservations....this place has great service, tasty food, and a romantic settings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business lunchLad50VIPDined on 7/17/2014Excellent lunch fare, great service, etc. This Morton's is always terrific.Special Features:
- Bad steaknottryingthisagainDined on 7/16/2014As a steakhouse Morton's burned and overcooked my steak. I think I can do a better job myself.
- Theater findsharDined on 7/16/2014We had dinner here on Wednesday before heading to the theater. The reservation was for 5:30 and due to traffic we were thirty minuted late. I called to explain and they pushed our reservation back. This set the tone for the evening. Everyone was so helpful and polite. The restaurant was very quiet at 6pm but did get busier although never too loud. We were lucky enough to be there during dine LA and availed ourselves of the $45 special. There were a lot of choices and all our dishes tasted delicious. The stuffed shrimp were amazing and all the portions were large. Filet steak melted in the mouth and unfortunately we had eaten so much that we could not finish the delicious key lime pie! Amazing value, great ambiance .Special Features:
- Yummy food and fabulous servicesliyummyDined on 7/13/2014When to Morton's with a group of 9 for birthday gathering. Food and service were excellent. Morton's made the night special with extra surprises. Would go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningAeroflyerDined on 7/12/2014My overall experience was just fine. I was hoping to have a better experience. We need to call on the waiting staff a few times.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Celebrated my son's 21st birthday and couldn't be happier. Great food, nice ambiance. Definitely coming back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchFoodieOverloadDined on 7/11/2014My family and I had a wonderful time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidSimimichaelDined on 7/5/2014this restaurant is just what you need 4a good steakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014I went to dinner with my wife, sister and brother-in-law. The food was amazing. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 7/3/2014No valet parking at lunchtime. Walk from parking structure can be far for some people.Special Features:
- Great steak!HungrydudeVIPDined on 6/28/2014I had the 24oz porter house oscar style and it was amazing!! 5 stars!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I will always remember our visit to MortonsSpecial Features:
- amazingCarlsbadDined on 6/24/2014This is without question my favorite restaurant. Experience is always amazing!Special Features:
- Great DiningBobbDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful service and cconsistly great food. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocoKay2Dined on 6/15/2014I think this location is great for celebrating a special ocassion for two or small crowd. The atmosphere is quite and the staff is friendly. Will serve as a choice for a relaxing dining experience on a Sunday evening before returning to the daily grind. My husband absoutely loved the ribeye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The only thing that saved the night was another waiter that came to our aid, after we asked for our waiter. I will not return.
- ServiceLuvsteakeDined on 6/13/2014Everything was super especially the food, the only thing what I and my friends found not so good was the waiter. We think it was not his day, hie motivation to serve us was only 30% .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in servie and diningPickyeaterDined on 6/13/2014Excellent experience in all aspects. Try the cajun rib eye for an unbelievable entree, and add the sautéed brussels sprouts as a side dish. The service is impeccable, but not intrusive - this is a very special place for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice lunchChristineDined on 6/13/2014We came for a farewell party. It was just the three of us.. the menu was printed with a goodbye message, which was very nice. The food was great and the service was excellent. I've been to Morton's many times before, but this is my first time for lunch there. Definitely will come back again..Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningMannyDined on 5/31/2014Came to this restaurant to celebrate with friends. Dining experience and service were excellent. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- 1st TimerIG323Dined on 5/31/2014I worked close by (DTLA) for 3 years and had never been as this was not normally in the budget. I was celebrating my engagement with my new fiancee. The server was very informed on the every item on the menu, she explained to my date the different cuts of steak and made us feel confident in what we ordered. We were not a fan of the vegetable we ordered so we switched it out and loved the replacement. Hands down the best steak I've ever had, included my own steaks I grill at home. I will definitely go again, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved Our Experience...HappyDinerDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I went to Mortons, downtown LA location on Saturday, May 24, 2014, to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary... Everything about our experience was outstanding...we arrived about 30 minutes late for our reservation, which we called to inform the restaurant of...upon arrival, we spent a short time in the bar area waiting for a booth...our bartender was "Keith", and he was fantastic...great personality, great mixologist, very good ambassador for the organization...our table was ready shortly thereafter and we were seated in a very nice booth location...our server was "Mike", who was also very engaging and provided wonderful service throughout the evening... The food was superb and we had a very enjoyable time all the way around...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing it's touch.LoveTheSteakDined on 5/24/2014Mortons used to be a place where I celebrated a special occasion. Because of the great food/service, I made it a point to dine at Mortons much more often. Unfortunately, the steak and service have gotten progressively worse. Just in the past year, Ive dined there around 8-10 times. More often than not, my steak is overcooked. I don't like overcooked food. Im a big fan of very rare steak. So much so, that I always ask for it "Blue." Not "Black and Blue." Just "Blue." This passed Saturday, not only was it Medium, but it was charred on the outside. I didn't return it because I was with guests celebrating their 5 year anniversary. The particular steak I had was the Double Cut Porterhouse. Should have been pretty simple to cook to my liking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2014Our server was superb and very attentive. We had a great experience and of course great food.Special Features:
- Great Crab Cakes In A SteakhouseSLODinerDined on 5/22/2014I took my wife to Morton's for an anniversary dinner before a show at the Los Angeles Music Center. They greeted us with a happy annversary personalized menu when we walked in the door, later the manager stopped by and again wished us happy anniversary. They took a photo and presented us with a special souffle on the house. They even asked when we wanted to leave for the play and made sure everything happened on time without ever feeling rushed. GREAT service. We were looking to eat light and went with the Crab Cakes - outstanding. Paired with a split caesar salad and a nice bottle of pinot gris. Could not have been a nicer evening. It is pricey but you get what you pay for in service and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONluv2dine1Dined on 5/22/2014Morton's Staff went out of their way to make us feel extremely special. The food was fabulous, the service was fantastic, and the atmosphere was divine. We will definitely be coming back for more celebrations or just to dine in the evening. From the Menu's wishing us a Happy Birthday, to the picture they took of us and how special they decorated the frame the picture was in, we felt like Stars... =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the quality we expecteddisappointedDined on 5/16/2014the $45 ribeye was thin, full of gristle and large hunks of fat, chewy and not cooked right. this was the case of all 3 ribeyes at our table. It seemed that most things on the menu had either some sort of heavy cream sauce, cheese , or bacon. way over priced for the poor quality and experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic special occasion dinnerChristyVIPDined on 5/15/2014Made a last minute reservation on a Thursday night to celebrate a birthday. The service staff here really go out of their way to ensure you have a great time and that the food and beverage are to your liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 857 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Los Angeles reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014The food was outstanding. I loved the saute mushrooms and the diced spinish saladSpecial Features: