Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
41 E. Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (317) 229-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Indianapolis hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/indianapolis
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (73)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (38)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Once again we celebrated at Morton's and we will continue to celebrate special occasions with them. From the moment we walked in we were treated to excellent service and amazing food. They treated us to a dessert, created special menus, and even presented us with a picture to remember the evening. A romantic evening and a memorable meal. Can't say enough about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No other steakhouse comparesLillyVIPDined on 11/18/2014Always the best steak cooked to perfection -- consistent and wonderful service to match the high food quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's never disappointsLisaDined on 11/18/2014Enjoyed a nice dinner before attending the Champions Classic at Bankers Fieldhouse. We had a reservation for 5:30 and were seated promptly when we arrived. We were met immediately by friendly faces pouring water and bringing us bread. We started with cocktails and shared a shrimp cocktail. Very big, plump shrimp with amazing cocktail sauce! We both ordered steaks. I ordered mine medium + at servers suggestion and it was perfect. The other steak was a little undercooked at medium. Sides were generous and flavorful. We ended by sharing a crème brulee which was just OK nothing special. Our service was outstanding!!! Very nice meal in a great atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again great food and service!NeziDined on 11/16/2014Food cooked perfect - superb taste - super service - one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad experfencOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014The food was very good as was our server. However, the noise level was so great that it was nearly impossible to hold a conversation. It was also unfortunate that we had the table closest to the front door/isle/hostess station. The management acknowledged that the situation was not good and promised a better table the next time. However, a special night was pretty much ruined and we live 100 miles from Indy so it is doubtful that we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's DinnerReuss7Dined on 11/7/2014Ate at Morton's for dinner on Friday night. From the salad to the dessert everything tasted great and service was top notch. Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffJeffandDianaDined on 11/1/2014Great night out. Felt welcome from the time we walked in. Great bartenders. Waiter was very courteous and service was excellent. Most of of all was the best steak in Indy. We highly recommend and will return on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014This is my all time favorite restaurant. The food is always amazing and the staff is always attentive. The steak is the best I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- Outstanding SteaksIndyDined on 10/31/2014Morton's has the best steak of any restaurant in Indianapolis. Service is outstanding. Cozy atmosphere and helpful staff.Special Features:
- QualityRACHDined on 10/25/2014I've been eating in Morton's since I was a kid. I've seen how the quality has gone down as years go by, the problem is that the prices have gone up. I went with my family on Sunday and were really disappointed. Definitely what you pay is not what you get. Too bad for Morton's....Special Features:
- Iconic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Wish I could get here more often, great food, wait staff is excellent, and the atmosphere is enjoyable. It took much too long for our food this time out but it is always worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBSJBS1Dined on 10/21/2014They made a wonderful evening for us; spectacular food and great service.Special Features:
- DisappointingSchmanetVIPDined on 10/21/2014We recently ate at Morton's prior to a concert. I ordered the filet and lobster tail combo, which at $55 should have been amazing, but sadly it wasn't. The filet was dry looking, and tasting. The lobster tail was OK, but was a little on the dry side. My husband had a ribeye which he said was just OK, and at $49, should have been excellent. We were just at Ruth's Chris 2 weeks ago, and similar food was fabulous, so I expected more. The pureed cauliflower side was quite good, as was the chopped salad. The food was very slow coming to the table, which our server said was because the kitchen was backed up due to so many people going to the concert. I would think they would be used to this since they are so close to the venue.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Horrible service! Not a place for an anniversary dinner.
- a true STEAK houseWellDoneDined on 10/16/2014I enjoy steaks that are well done. When I order "well done" at a fine restaurant, I expect it to still be pink and to have to send it back. Pleasantly surprised I was, that the steak set before me was perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious! Great flavor. We also highly recommend the au gratin potatoes. They were incredible. Thank you, Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great place and food. The crab appetizer is worthy of Maryland. totally delicious with great service.Special Features:
- jimboflex57Dined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed it. It was for my wife's birthday. From the tablecloth and the photo along with her birthday dessert. Well done and thank you. Jim GoffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerdiningoutindyDined on 10/10/2014Great food as usual for my wife and I. Stopped by the bar for drinks before dinner and as usual, great selection and staff. Overall, the exceptional level of service we always expect from Morton's.Special Features:
- TravelLoversLocalLoversDined on 10/8/2014Morton's made my husband's birthday an extra special treat this year! The personalized menu, photograph of the two of us and free dessert were all great additions to the yummy meal! And now that we signed up for the rewards card, we'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDavesopinionDined on 10/1/2014Had a great night. Had surgery the next morning and that helped me out the night before. And it was awesome food service everything was great and my surgery went great. Thanks mortonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS CONSISTENT & AMAZINGLillyVIPDined on 9/20/2014The best steakhouse in Indianapolis. I had the NY Strip and it was twice as big as the same steak at Ruth Chris. Everything was perfect -- cooked to perfection. I have some to expect only the best at Morton's and they always deliverSpecial Features:
- djmartinDjmartinDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere and service was fantastic, but the steak did not meet expectations. The filet was one over cooked and two had a line of gristle.Special Features:
- DeirdreDined on 9/20/2014Morton's in Indianapolis is by far the best Morton's location ever. You are not rushed and they are very welcoming...my favorite steak placeSpecial Features:
- great restaurantfairies19Dined on 9/19/2014Food, service, and atmosphere were superb! The waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. She gave just the right amount of space during my husband and I' s rare date. The food was great. I suggest the Chicago mash potatoes twice over!Special Features:
- Felt like royalty!SandyMDined on 9/19/2014This place is high quality! My steak was was perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. The cocktails were tasty and generous. I love Mortons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The service was amazing. The food was fabulous. Everything was wonderful. We went to celebrate my birthday. From the appetizer to the dessert the food was amazing. The oysters were fresh, cleaned (no grittiness or sand left behind), the filet was like butter so delicious. The hot chocolate was to die for!!! The server took our picture and printed it out for us as a keepsake of the evening. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just 1 little oopsjimiDined on 9/2/2014Other than the bartender serving me a mojito instead of a mimosa, it was 5 stars all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First-Time Experience!GreatNightDined on 8/31/2014We chose Morton's as part of the Devour Downtown offerings. It was an opportunity for an adult night out with friends to celebrate a birthday, an anniversary and reaching a 5 year remission mark (all big events). Our table was perfect (we made reservations for 5:30 on Sunday) and the attention to detail and level of service was beyond amazing. Our server Adam, was outstanding. He was attentive, informative, made sure everything was taken care of and addressed, but unobtrusive and just seemed to appear and disappear. The quintessential top shelf guide for our evening. The food was spectacular, the wine recommendation on spot and the evening was in a word, perfect. Looking forward to going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Love love love this place. The service, food and atmosphere are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...not great servicesms241Dined on 8/30/2014Had a gift certificate And decided to use it in Indy. Overall the food was wonderful but the service was less than good. We ended up waiting for every aspect of the meal. Waits 10 minutes or more for drinks, then our appetizers, our meal, even our check at the end. When spending over $200 for dinner, we expected more than that as far as service.Special Features:
- Always perfectIndydinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Management has a great deal to do with a high end restaurant. This place has it down. The service is always excellent, the food perfect and an exceptional wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our service was good but our server could have used just a little bit of class.Special Features:
- Happy 48th AnniversaryMemory3Dined on 8/27/2014Everything was an absolute delight from making the reservation until the valet brought our car around when we left. The atmosphere was elegant and our service impeccable! Lori, our server was very attentative explaining the menu, making suggestions, and answering our questions. Dick left his eyeglasses in the car and the valet retrieved them before our order was placed, talk about service!! Our water was refreshed appropriately and nary a crumb on the table. Our food was appetizing, temperature correct (filet was melt in your mouth) with the presentation picture perfect. The margarita was the best I ever had, so smooth and sweet. The evening was over the top with a picture taken and printed for a memory to take home and treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtown Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014I otherwise could not afford to dine at Mortons, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Awesome restaurant. Great food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour DelightDevourDiners4Dined on 8/23/2014We were a party of 4. We enjoyed the intimate bar for a drink. We were seated in a timely fashion. The wait service was outstanding. All staff interaction was friendly. The food was superb. We shared the shrimp cocktail and crab cocktail, and both were delicious. The main courses were great-filet, shrimp pasta. Sides and deserts were also delicious. The evening was a great success for everyone in our party.Special Features:
- Served Like a KingLoveIndyFoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were amazed by the level of attention and detail by our server and staff. After noting we celebrated our wedding anniversary, the server took a photo of us, presented it in a "souvenir" paper frame, and printed a take home menu that says "Happy Anniverary". Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in Indy!NeziDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Morton's more than a dozen times over the past 3 or 4 years. They NEVER have disappointed us. The food as good as it gets and service is, simply, top notch. This is NOT a cheap or even moderate place to eat. But when nothing but the best of the best will do this is THE place.Steaks were great and the sides were very, very good - especially the bacon, onion and mac! In a perverse way, it's good this costs as much as it does because if it didn't we would go there all the time. And that would mean I would weigh 300 pounds (if not more)!!Special Features:
- Just for special occasionsCuisineQueenVIPDined on 8/22/2014A group of us who used to work together met here for dinner on a Friday. We loved our server; she personalized the experience for us! However, 2 of us ate off Devour menu, which with some of the additional options, wasn't that much of a savings. One of us got the large filet & was disappointed for the $52 a la carte price; it didn't have much flavor - we could have done better on the grill at home. Brussel sprout side was a little tough. Would just come here once in a great while because atmosphere is nice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndyBobDined on 8/21/2014We had dinner at Morton's on 8/21/14 with Devour Downtown - Indianapolis. Even with the special rate we felt that the restaurant was over priced, the steaks very average and not that tasty and the noise level almost overpowering. I don't think that we'll return to Morton's.Special Features: