Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
41 E. Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3172294700
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Indianapolis hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/indianapolis
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)romantic (74)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (38)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Iconic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Wish I could get here more often, great food, wait staff is excellent, and the atmosphere is enjoyable. It took much too long for our food this time out but it is always worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBSJBS1Dined on 10/21/2014They made a wonderful evening for us; spectacular food and great service.Special Features:
- DisappointingSchmanetVIPDined on 10/21/2014We recently ate at Morton's prior to a concert. I ordered the filet and lobster tail combo, which at $55 should have been amazing, but sadly it wasn't. The filet was dry looking, and tasting. The lobster tail was OK, but was a little on the dry side. My husband had a ribeye which he said was just OK, and at $49, should have been excellent. We were just at Ruth's Chris 2 weeks ago, and similar food was fabulous, so I expected more. The pureed cauliflower side was quite good, as was the chopped salad. The food was very slow coming to the table, which our server said was because the kitchen was backed up due to so many people going to the concert. I would think they would be used to this since they are so close to the venue.
- a true STEAK houseWellDoneDined on 10/16/2014I enjoy steaks that are well done. When I order "well done" at a fine restaurant, I expect it to still be pink and to have to send it back. Pleasantly surprised I was, that the steak set before me was perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious! Great flavor. We also highly recommend the au gratin potatoes. They were incredible. Thank you, Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great place and food. The crab appetizer is worthy of Maryland. totally delicious with great service.Special Features:
- jimboflex57Dined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed it. It was for my wife's birthday. From the tablecloth and the photo along with her birthday dessert. Well done and thank you. Jim GoffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerdiningoutindyDined on 10/10/2014Great food as usual for my wife and I. Stopped by the bar for drinks before dinner and as usual, great selection and staff. Overall, the exceptional level of service we always expect from Morton's.Special Features:
- TravelLoversLocalLoversDined on 10/8/2014Morton's made my husband's birthday an extra special treat this year! The personalized menu, photograph of the two of us and free dessert were all great additions to the yummy meal! And now that we signed up for the rewards card, we'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDavesopinionDined on 10/1/2014Had a great night. Had surgery the next morning and that helped me out the night before. And it was awesome food service everything was great and my surgery went great. Thanks mortonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS CONSISTENT & AMAZINGLillyVIPDined on 9/20/2014The best steakhouse in Indianapolis. I had the NY Strip and it was twice as big as the same steak at Ruth Chris. Everything was perfect -- cooked to perfection. I have some to expect only the best at Morton's and they always deliverSpecial Features:
- djmartinDjmartinDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere and service was fantastic, but the steak did not meet expectations. The filet was one over cooked and two had a line of gristle.Special Features:
- DeirdreDined on 9/20/2014Morton's in Indianapolis is by far the best Morton's location ever. You are not rushed and they are very welcoming...my favorite steak placeSpecial Features:
- great restaurantfairies19Dined on 9/19/2014Food, service, and atmosphere were superb! The waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. She gave just the right amount of space during my husband and I' s rare date. The food was great. I suggest the Chicago mash potatoes twice over!Special Features:
- Felt like royalty!SandyMDined on 9/19/2014This place is high quality! My steak was was perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. The cocktails were tasty and generous. I love Mortons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The service was amazing. The food was fabulous. Everything was wonderful. We went to celebrate my birthday. From the appetizer to the dessert the food was amazing. The oysters were fresh, cleaned (no grittiness or sand left behind), the filet was like butter so delicious. The hot chocolate was to die for!!! The server took our picture and printed it out for us as a keepsake of the evening. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just 1 little oopsjimiDined on 9/2/2014Other than the bartender serving me a mojito instead of a mimosa, it was 5 stars all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First-Time Experience!GreatNightDined on 8/31/2014We chose Morton's as part of the Devour Downtown offerings. It was an opportunity for an adult night out with friends to celebrate a birthday, an anniversary and reaching a 5 year remission mark (all big events). Our table was perfect (we made reservations for 5:30 on Sunday) and the attention to detail and level of service was beyond amazing. Our server Adam, was outstanding. He was attentive, informative, made sure everything was taken care of and addressed, but unobtrusive and just seemed to appear and disappear. The quintessential top shelf guide for our evening. The food was spectacular, the wine recommendation on spot and the evening was in a word, perfect. Looking forward to going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Love love love this place. The service, food and atmosphere are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...not great servicesms241Dined on 8/30/2014Had a gift certificate And decided to use it in Indy. Overall the food was wonderful but the service was less than good. We ended up waiting for every aspect of the meal. Waits 10 minutes or more for drinks, then our appetizers, our meal, even our check at the end. When spending over $200 for dinner, we expected more than that as far as service.Special Features:
- Always perfectIndydinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Management has a great deal to do with a high end restaurant. This place has it down. The service is always excellent, the food perfect and an exceptional wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our service was good but our server could have used just a little bit of class.Special Features:
- Happy 48th AnniversaryMemory3Dined on 8/27/2014Everything was an absolute delight from making the reservation until the valet brought our car around when we left. The atmosphere was elegant and our service impeccable! Lori, our server was very attentative explaining the menu, making suggestions, and answering our questions. Dick left his eyeglasses in the car and the valet retrieved them before our order was placed, talk about service!! Our water was refreshed appropriately and nary a crumb on the table. Our food was appetizing, temperature correct (filet was melt in your mouth) with the presentation picture perfect. The margarita was the best I ever had, so smooth and sweet. The evening was over the top with a picture taken and printed for a memory to take home and treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtown Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014I otherwise could not afford to dine at Mortons, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Awesome restaurant. Great food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour DelightDevourDiners4Dined on 8/23/2014We were a party of 4. We enjoyed the intimate bar for a drink. We were seated in a timely fashion. The wait service was outstanding. All staff interaction was friendly. The food was superb. We shared the shrimp cocktail and crab cocktail, and both were delicious. The main courses were great-filet, shrimp pasta. Sides and deserts were also delicious. The evening was a great success for everyone in our party.Special Features:
- Served Like a KingLoveIndyFoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were amazed by the level of attention and detail by our server and staff. After noting we celebrated our wedding anniversary, the server took a photo of us, presented it in a "souvenir" paper frame, and printed a take home menu that says "Happy Anniverary". Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in Indy!NeziDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Morton's more than a dozen times over the past 3 or 4 years. They NEVER have disappointed us. The food as good as it gets and service is, simply, top notch. This is NOT a cheap or even moderate place to eat. But when nothing but the best of the best will do this is THE place.Steaks were great and the sides were very, very good - especially the bacon, onion and mac! In a perverse way, it's good this costs as much as it does because if it didn't we would go there all the time. And that would mean I would weigh 300 pounds (if not more)!!Special Features:
- Just for special occasionsCuisineQueenVIPDined on 8/22/2014A group of us who used to work together met here for dinner on a Friday. We loved our server; she personalized the experience for us! However, 2 of us ate off Devour menu, which with some of the additional options, wasn't that much of a savings. One of us got the large filet & was disappointed for the $52 a la carte price; it didn't have much flavor - we could have done better on the grill at home. Brussel sprout side was a little tough. Would just come here once in a great while because atmosphere is nice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndyBobDined on 8/21/2014We had dinner at Morton's on 8/21/14 with Devour Downtown - Indianapolis. Even with the special rate we felt that the restaurant was over priced, the steaks very average and not that tasty and the noise level almost overpowering. I don't think that we'll return to Morton's.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Don't waste your money or your time if you are thinking about asking for the "Devour Downtown" menu. You are not a good enough guest at that pointSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerwmdealDined on 8/20/2014We came here to celebrate my birthday dinner and they had the table already decorated for us. The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. They even took our picture and printed it off for us to take home. Food was phenomenal! Definitely a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Mmmm mmmm mmmmmHungry317Dined on 8/18/2014Morton's was amazing. My husband and I love steak and its always a great experience when we dont have to ask for steak sauce. The flavor was outstanding and I literally could've cut my steak with a spoon. The mashed potatoes changed my life, the butter and bacon took them to a whole other level. As soon as I left I told my father he had to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Morton's has never disappointed me. Especially when I'm in the doghouse with my spouse. Morton's always gets me out (smile).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent customer service, staff really knew the menu! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealJwrichteDined on 8/15/2014Thought the steak was excellent, the Ice Cream Sundae was good as well. The overall feel of the restaurant isn't fantastic as there are no windows, but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great Date Night Out!Mascot1982Dined on 8/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic date night out at Morton's. The service level was top-notch with special care taken at noting my reservation requests. Morton's personalized a menu for us, and our waitress, Meghan, was on point and paced our dinner appropriately. She made several, fantastic recommendations.Special Features:
- Carnivore's delightHungryHappyDined on 8/10/2014Even though there are several things that sound fantastic for entrees on this menu, we always have to go for the Prime quality red meat, which is also perfect. This time I added the Black Truffle butter to my filet, on the waitress's recommendation, and it was awesome! Another thing we never skip is the bacon wrapped grilled scallops, either as an appetizer (3 scallops), or an add on to one of the steaks (2 scallops). Morton's has turned into our favorite place in town. Join the Landry's rewards program to get credits back on your birthday, etc.Special Features:
- Great Place for an Anniversary!nicole08Dined on 8/9/2014They made our anniversary special between the customized menus, confetti on the table, the personalized photo and the dessert, they made us feel special and well taken care of! The crab cake appetizer was amazing. The sundae for dessert was to die for! Our meals were spot on. We had a lovely time and will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent chefCarrieVIPDined on 8/5/2014I ordered a filet medium well and it was cooked to perfection. Phenomenal flavor and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always GoodMikeDined on 8/4/2014We have had up and down experiences at most of the high end steakhouses, but Morton's seems to be the most consistently good with quality food and good service.Special Features: