Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
41 E. Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3172294700
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Indianapolis hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/indianapolis
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (65)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (29)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent First-Time Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We chose Morton's as part of the Devour Downtown offerings. It was an opportunity for an adult night out with friends to celebrate a birthday, an anniversary and reaching a 5 year remission mark (all big events). Our table was perfect (we made reservations for 5:30 on Sunday) and the attention to detail and level of service was beyond amazing. Our server Adam, was outstanding. He was attentive, informative, made sure everything was taken care of and addressed, but unobtrusive and just seemed to appear and disappear. The quintessential top shelf guide for our evening. The food was spectacular, the wine recommendation on spot and the evening was in a word, perfect. Looking forward to going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Love love love this place. The service, food and atmosphere are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Had a gift certificate And decided to use it in Indy. Overall the food was wonderful but the service was less than good. We ended up waiting for every aspect of the meal. Waits 10 minutes or more for drinks, then our appetizers, our meal, even our check at the end. When spending over $200 for dinner, we expected more than that as far as service.Special Features:
- Always perfectIndydinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Management has a great deal to do with a high end restaurant. This place has it down. The service is always excellent, the food perfect and an exceptional wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our service was good but our server could have used just a little bit of class.Special Features:
- Happy 48th AnniversaryMemory3Dined on 8/27/2014Everything was an absolute delight from making the reservation until the valet brought our car around when we left. The atmosphere was elegant and our service impeccable! Lori, our server was very attentative explaining the menu, making suggestions, and answering our questions. Dick left his eyeglasses in the car and the valet retrieved them before our order was placed, talk about service!! Our water was refreshed appropriately and nary a crumb on the table. Our food was appetizing, temperature correct (filet was melt in your mouth) with the presentation picture perfect. The margarita was the best I ever had, so smooth and sweet. The evening was over the top with a picture taken and printed for a memory to take home and treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtown Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014I otherwise could not afford to dine at Mortons, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Awesome restaurant. Great food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour DelightDevourDiners4Dined on 8/23/2014We were a party of 4. We enjoyed the intimate bar for a drink. We were seated in a timely fashion. The wait service was outstanding. All staff interaction was friendly. The food was superb. We shared the shrimp cocktail and crab cocktail, and both were delicious. The main courses were great-filet, shrimp pasta. Sides and deserts were also delicious. The evening was a great success for everyone in our party.Special Features:
- Served Like a KingLoveIndyFoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were amazed by the level of attention and detail by our server and staff. After noting we celebrated our wedding anniversary, the server took a photo of us, presented it in a "souvenir" paper frame, and printed a take home menu that says "Happy Anniverary". Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in Indy!NeziDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Morton's more than a dozen times over the past 3 or 4 years. They NEVER have disappointed us. The food as good as it gets and service is, simply, top notch. This is NOT a cheap or even moderate place to eat. But when nothing but the best of the best will do this is THE place.Steaks were great and the sides were very, very good - especially the bacon, onion and mac! In a perverse way, it's good this costs as much as it does because if it didn't we would go there all the time. And that would mean I would weigh 300 pounds (if not more)!!Special Features:
- Just for special occasionsCuisineQueenVIPDined on 8/22/2014A group of us who used to work together met here for dinner on a Friday. We loved our server; she personalized the experience for us! However, 2 of us ate off Devour menu, which with some of the additional options, wasn't that much of a savings. One of us got the large filet & was disappointed for the $52 a la carte price; it didn't have much flavor - we could have done better on the grill at home. Brussel sprout side was a little tough. Would just come here once in a great while because atmosphere is nice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndyBobDined on 8/21/2014We had dinner at Morton's on 8/21/14 with Devour Downtown - Indianapolis. Even with the special rate we felt that the restaurant was over priced, the steaks very average and not that tasty and the noise level almost overpowering. I don't think that we'll return to Morton's.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Don't waste your money or your time if you are thinking about asking for the "Devour Downtown" menu. You are not a good enough guest at that pointSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerwmdealDined on 8/20/2014We came here to celebrate my birthday dinner and they had the table already decorated for us. The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. They even took our picture and printed it off for us to take home. Food was phenomenal! Definitely a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Mmmm mmmm mmmmmHungry317Dined on 8/18/2014Morton's was amazing. My husband and I love steak and its always a great experience when we dont have to ask for steak sauce. The flavor was outstanding and I literally could've cut my steak with a spoon. The mashed potatoes changed my life, the butter and bacon took them to a whole other level. As soon as I left I told my father he had to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Morton's has never disappointed me. Especially when I'm in the doghouse with my spouse. Morton's always gets me out (smile).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent customer service, staff really knew the menu! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealJwrichteDined on 8/15/2014Thought the steak was excellent, the Ice Cream Sundae was good as well. The overall feel of the restaurant isn't fantastic as there are no windows, but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great Date Night Out!Mascot1982Dined on 8/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic date night out at Morton's. The service level was top-notch with special care taken at noting my reservation requests. Morton's personalized a menu for us, and our waitress, Meghan, was on point and paced our dinner appropriately. She made several, fantastic recommendations.Special Features:
- Carnivore's delightHungryHappyDined on 8/10/2014Even though there are several things that sound fantastic for entrees on this menu, we always have to go for the Prime quality red meat, which is also perfect. This time I added the Black Truffle butter to my filet, on the waitress's recommendation, and it was awesome! Another thing we never skip is the bacon wrapped grilled scallops, either as an appetizer (3 scallops), or an add on to one of the steaks (2 scallops). Morton's has turned into our favorite place in town. Join the Landry's rewards program to get credits back on your birthday, etc.Special Features:
- Great Place for an Anniversary!nicole08Dined on 8/9/2014They made our anniversary special between the customized menus, confetti on the table, the personalized photo and the dessert, they made us feel special and well taken care of! The crab cake appetizer was amazing. The sundae for dessert was to die for! Our meals were spot on. We had a lovely time and will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent chefCarrieVIPDined on 8/5/2014I ordered a filet medium well and it was cooked to perfection. Phenomenal flavor and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always GoodMikeDined on 8/4/2014We have had up and down experiences at most of the high end steakhouses, but Morton's seems to be the most consistently good with quality food and good service.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Morton's in Indy is the 1st restaurant we think of for special occasions. Saturday was our 45th wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. Excellent service, delicious food and drink and we did not feel hurried so that they could turn over the table. We had a wonderful evening from start to finish and were even presented a card with our photo commemorating the evening and the event.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantDeirdreDined on 8/2/2014I am always a little hesitant to recommend chain restaurants, however...if you want fantastic food and great service, I highly suggest Morton's in Indianapolis. I have been to other Morton's locations throughout the states, and the Indianapolis location is by far the best.Special Features:
- Only place to eatMeanJoeGreenSaysDined on 8/2/2014Morton's is the only place to eat nationwide. Every city in every state that has a Morton's will have excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/foodFrankDined on 8/1/2014Outstaning service and food. Highly recommended. Valet service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex/Nancy WrightnancywDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary! The wait staff was attentive and I felt like everyone knew my name! I will definitely go back again and again!! The Dessert was out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special eventIndydiner32Dined on 7/28/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary there and the staff did a great job of helping to make it a special night for us. Daniel, our server, was very attentive to our needs without being intrusive. The food was outstanding. They even took a picture of us and put it in a special frame for us. I highly recommend Morton's if you want to celebrate a special occasion with a great meal and personal service.Special Features:
- PerfectionIndydinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014Perfect food and service. Best steaks in town. Nothing else needs to be said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDaveDined on 7/6/2014As always, it was a pleasure to dine at Morton's. The special was outstanding and especially the smaller portions. The wine list is outstanding. The special blend for Morton's was excellent. We enjoy dining at Morton's and will return soon.Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Steak quality was poor and chocolate cake was dry.
- First TimeScottB737Dined on 7/2/2014My faith has been restored for a great steak in Indy. This was my first visit to morton's. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nite OutAardvark7Dined on 6/30/2014This is the second time in about 3 months that we have gone to Morton's. My wife likes her steak well done. The first time we went there it came out under done. This time it was right on the mark. She had the onion soup and I had a salad. Both were excellent. Both of us had the chocolate moose for desert. It had enough dark chocolate to over come the milk chocolate for her. Service was great as always.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in IndyOzsaleemDined on 6/27/2014I find Morton's to be the best steakhouse in Indy. The vibe is perfect, with a good mix of people in suits as well as comfortable in jeans. There isn't a blue collar vibe though, just a good representation of Indianapolis. The food and service is always excellent, with the waitstaff making you feel very special and accommodating menu requests (gluten free, no pork etc).Special Features:
- B/Dready2goDined on 6/21/2014We LOVE Mortons. They take great care to do everything just right. They make you feel very welcome. Best of all the food is really, really good. The steak tenderloin is outstanding. This was the first time I've ever had a round ice cube in a drink...fun! The Mortons after dinner special coffee is amazing. Can't wait for another excuse to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SteakJay22Dined on 6/16/2014I had the Filet Mignon and it was so juicy and tender it cut like butter. I also had the hash brown potato side and the fudge brownie dessert which were mediocre. Nothing special in the sides but the steak was amazing.Special Features:
- Old friends had a great timeDWWantzDined on 6/11/2014I announced that we were three old guys who needed some quiet so we could hear each other. It was a gentle tease. The wait staff was patient and happy, teasing us as gently back.Special Features:
- It's a Morton'sSteveHVIPDined on 6/9/2014A typical Morton's experience. Good steak. Good service though a bit overwhealming (they could have left us alone once in a while). Overall, a good experienceI would recommend this to a friend.