Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
1450 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 8089491300
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Honolulu hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/honolulu
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (81)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (13)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Fitting for any celebrationFoursomeDined on 8/29/2014We were well greeted even if we were a bit late (20min) due to Friday night traffic. I did call in about expecting to be late and accommodations were made. The person waiting on us was remarkable and thanked us for coming back to celebrate my friends birthday again this year. It was awesome last year as it was this year 8/29. Thank you! The food was perfectly cooked, presented and very tasty!Special Features:
- As expected!!luvmysweetsDined on 8/29/2014Hadn't been to Morton's in years & nothing has changed. The food & service are excellent & just as I remembered. Their cuts of meat are among the best on the island & they have excellent desserts which are delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not spectacularJimbo808Dined on 8/25/2014The food and service was very good. But, for the price and hype, we expected so much more. Afte a $375 tab for 3, we'd at least like to remember one great dish. But, nada. It was OK, but not memorable at all. Zero "wow" factor for the money spent. Probably could've had the same dining experience at half the price at about a dozen other Honolulu restaurants. Disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Family Birthday TraditionLacyLadyDined on 8/24/2014For the past 5 years, we have been celebrating my two sons' birthdays at Morton's. We make this a tradition because of the "special touches" that Morton's provides and maintains---which makes my family feel special . The food is delicious and the service is superb. No doubt, this is the BIRTHDAY DESTINATION for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014There is a very nice attention provided for special touches that made our anniversary dinner memorable. Personalized menu and complimentary photo and dessert were most appreciated. Excellent service!Special Features:
- Awesome!maka1103Dined on 8/19/2014Morton's is my "go to" restaurant to take foodies to enjoy. All aspects are excellent. Top notch restaurant with good food, great service, and all expectations are met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet dinnerMangoMomVIPDined on 8/16/2014Hubby and I took advantage of an "End of Summer" special at Morton's. I had requested a quiet table and was very pleased to see that they had opened their private room and had a few tables in use there - we shared the room with about 5 other tables of diners so the noise level was nice and quiet and we were able to relax and enjoy conversation. Excellent (although pricey) cocktails, perfectly cooked steak. The server was over the top when she offered my husband an alternate dessert because the first was not outstanding for him (wife tried to talk him out of the mousse because I know it's not his favorite). This was above and beyond and finished off a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary celebration1stAnniversaryEveningDined on 8/16/2014Morton's really made our evening special. From the personalized menu to the decores on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 experienceForewaDined on 8/15/2014I've had great experience with the Morton's since the 1980s including the Chicago home restaurant. The Honolulu Morton's was no different till this year as the steak was not as tasty as before. It was exclusively good with respect to the taste of their steak and food, but this year the taste did not differentiate from other steakhouses.Special Features:
- 35th Wedding Romantic Dinner!2KailuaSweetheartsDined on 8/12/2014Mahalo for a memorable and enjoyable 35th Wedding Anniversary dinner! Friendly Hostess upon arrival, Smiles everywhere, Perfect table for two, personalized menu, memorable photos, sweet heart confetti on the table, Erin, our Server - sweet, personable, accommodating. Night Manager - friendly and personable as well, all of the staff were totally energetic in service and cared for all patrons. Great wine list, delicious and appetizing meals set before us that were cooked to perfection. Loved and enjoyed every minute. Hard working staff. We wished we had more stomach space! Delicious! We will definitely celebrate at Morton's the Steakhouse - Honolulu, again! Thank you so much for a beautiful evening! aloha nui wale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NothingSpecialVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was ok (steaks should have been hotter), lead waiter was annoying and slow
- Nothing Beats a Stock Yard SteakBestSonVIPDined on 8/11/2014Nothing beasts a stock yard steak and that is what Morton's serves. "Chicago Style" Where can you find a bone in filet? Here at Morton's! Twelve ounces to boot.Special Features:
- Always ElegantDonluvs2eatDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I enjoy Morton's a lot. We always have a great meal whether it is a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary, or just our date night. The steaks are of course the best, always perfectly prepared, but the sides are also wonderful. Top it all off with dessert and you cannot miss. I would be remiss if I did not mention the great service--we are always treated well. Cannot wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great1956fernandoDined on 8/9/2014Morton's is always great. NYC, Miami, Chicago, Honolulu, S. Juan de P. Rico,....never diisappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Withheld Summer SpecialsGotaspecial808Dined on 8/9/2014We had a nice time at dinner. We were not expecting to spend over $600.00 on our Birthday dinner. If we had been informed that there was a Summer Special available to us we may have ordered it. We saw the special advertised after we had our dinner. It angered us that no one mentioned it. A happy occasion soon turned sour. A valuable lesson was learned that "Mortons" does not inform its guests about all that is available to order.Special Features:
- Decent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Food quality was satisfying. Their service? Not good enough for their price setting. I won't come back again.Special Features:
- RoscoeDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary and was impressed with a personalized menu along with a picture and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oK- ButreinkailuaDined on 7/26/2014We order the bone in filet, medium rare. It did take quite a while to arrive and that was ok but when it arrived it was basically room temperature or slightly above. I think it had been sitting while waiting for our table guests meals to be ready. About one half of the steak was less than medium rare and would be better called rare. One of our table guests received his steak and it was not warm and he sent it back. When it returned it was hot but over cooked, which he told the waitress ( who was very nice). The manager did check on the table and was nice enough not to charge our table guest for his steak. We have eaten here before and hosted a large group in the private dining room in the past. In the future we will stay in the bar.Special Features:
- Specail Nightlive2eatDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I have a standing date night for the weekend between our respective birthdays and this year was no exception. We strive to make the evening something very special - in this case (with the help of Morton's) we out did ourselves. The food, service and ambience with outstanding. the waitor was personable as well as knowledgable; the menu tailored to our specail event (birthday greeting for the two of us across the top) birthday confetti sprinkled on the table - it made an already specila occassion even more special - just when we thought it couldn't get any better they provided us a complimentary birthday photo and a lighter than air souffle. If you are looking for something a cut above I strongly recommend Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfarmer12Dined on 7/26/2014Morton's as always treated us like we were the only guest that they had that night. Numerous times we were questioned by management if everything was to our liking. Our server could not have been more professional yet personable the whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaktacular!MauiGirlDined on 7/25/2014Every time we visit from Maui, Morton's is a must for us at Ala Moana. The steaks are perfection and my daughter absolutely loves the double baked, Au gratin potatoes. And don't forget to leave room for the molten chocolate cake. I appreciate the manager stopping at every table at some point during the meal to make certain everything is up to Morton standards of excellence. Of course we will return on our next shopping trip to Oahu.Special Features:
- morton's did not let us downPoipuGirlDined on 7/19/2014great food, service and overall character of restaurant as well as staff....glad we got to enjoy a great meal thereSpecial Features:
- Birthday Celebration Success!tanakainmauiDined on 7/19/2014The wait help was very friendly and treated the children with respect and patience. My 11yr old ordered the 8 oz filet and said that it was too peppery for her, but she ate most of it anyways. My 13yr old ordered the lobstr bisque which she normally loves. She said it had too much of a wine flavor in it. I ordered my lambchops medium rare and it was delivered at rare. We enjoyed the broccoli. The asparag was a little tough--they used the big ones--but the mac&cheese was delicious. The carrot cake was a great dessert! They did give us personalized menus with my daughter's name on it and also, they took two photos of the group and gave that to us at the end. That was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary !!!RobimakiDined on 7/18/2014Terrific service and great Food! Marc was knowledgeable with great personality, Bravo!!! 12 Oysters super fresh and Tasty,The Filet Mignon melted in the mouth! Management took a picture of us plus a complementary Dessert! Thank you so much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair food and overpricedlccmomVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I dinned at Morton's on a weeknight. In spite of having made a reservation, we had to wait 15 to 20 minutes to be seated. We selected our drinks from the menu (no prices...) and proceeded to order our food. It was correct and nothing more. If anything, one of the two crab cakes I was served was burnt on the bottom and not very tasty. Our total bill was over $250 (before tax and tip ) for 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 cocktails and two glasses of wine...Had the dishes been well executed, the bill would have been irrelevant but, I found it very expensive for poorly prepared dishes. I will certainly not return to any of the Morton's locations.
- 1st class steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014excellent service, presentation and food quality. always consistent and, if anything off, they will make it right. wine list is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Service and Good Food.PonoDined on 7/8/2014We had a great time, I took out of town friends from Japan, they loved it. Our waitress was great always there to serve us. One of the best customer service. Also the GM called on my cell and left a message to see how our dinner went. That was great also. This is the second time in the last month, and will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's steakhouseJamieDined on 7/7/2014We go there every year to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Morton's is a classic American steakhouse. Expect and received great service, food was high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- Fabulous....as usualmyreviewDined on 7/6/2014We've been customers of Morton's for over 20 years so when they opened this one on Oahu we were thrilled and visit as often as possible. The food is beyond compare and the service is magnificent! Go see for yourself....you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MORTON'S Anniversary SpecialmitmaVIPDined on 7/6/2014Anniversary pre-fix menu - good selection to choose from. 1) Filet Mignon cooked perfect. 2) French Onion Soup - bitter, not enough cheese. 2) ceasar salad should be kept in refrigerator - room temperature is a no-no; 3) Chocolate Mousse - delicious! Thanks to Matt, who apologized for the many mishaps we encountered and offered an after dinner beverage. Because of his concern, we will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing Specials!Greatspecials4uDined on 7/6/2014It's wonderful that Morton has such great specials that pair low cost with excellent food! Keep up the generous offers and we'll keep bringing our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not fantasticHappyShopperDined on 7/6/2014We came for the 4th of July weekend special. The salmon was delicious, steak was perfectly cooked. Mashed potatoes were boring and they got our wilted salads wrong. Overall the service was good except for the host eating at the hostess stand when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!DWJWDined on 7/5/201435th anniversary special was awesome! Good selections to choose from and food made to perfection! Service is awesome! Food Portions were great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sKeikorellieDined on 7/5/2014Went for wedding anniversary. Personalized menus, complementary photo and dessert was a nice touch. Ambience was romantic and they gave us a nice booth. Morton's salad was not very tasty and my steak was a but over cooked but my husband's salmon was good. Key lime pie was delicious as was complementary soufflé. The server at table next to us was very friendly to the couple but our server seemed overwhlemed. Overall, I was pleased with our experience and would go back again but only for special occasion.Special Features:
- 35 YEAR CORPORATE ANNIVERSARYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014We came into celebrate Morton's 35 years Jenny was an excellent server and the whole staff was very attentive and not over bearing The food was good, however we were surprised at the small portions.I should have ordered the excellent $ 59 special menu that runs throughout the year. See you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but could have been betterJwL808Dined on 7/4/2014The staff was excellent. And restaurant was nice and clean. The food, however, was lacking. The steak had a slight after taste. We both ordered medium steaks. One came out medium well and mine came out medium rare. For the steak to be a med. rare, it was really tough to cut. Not sure if it was the meat or a full knife. The Mac and cheese was great. The fries had too much seasoning on them. We barely ate any of them. They also came out halfway through our dinner service. The warm chocolate cake with ice cream was fantastic. Our wait staff was great. Very helpful. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Host and hostess were very friendly and made us feel welcome. Our table was nicely decorated and it Had a very special touch since it was my husband's birthday. We all had a wonderful time and our food was very delicious and prepared just the way we ordered it. The wait staff was very accommodating and informative and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreathulamoonDined on 7/3/2014Consistency is the mainstay at Mortons. Good food and great service don't waiver. It is always an excellent choice for a holiday, a special occasion or for just being spoiled!Special Features:
- perfect dinner!DesiDined on 7/3/2014What started the great night, was the delicious martini at the bar. When we set on the table, I was gladly surprised to see my name and happy birthday typed on the menu! First time I see that in a restaurant, and I just loved it! Made me feel special! The steak and chocolate mousse were delicious. And now I have nice souvenir photo to keep! (which was free!).Special Features: