Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
1450 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 8089491300
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Honolulu hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/honolulu
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)romantic (93)notable wine list (69)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (13)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Expecting Much MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014While your food was delicious, your ambience would have been better if music and guest wasn't as loud. But I do admit the noise did calm down about half way through our meal. Hostess was great and friendly! However, the waitress was absolutely rude. Her attitude was very poor. It was as if we were rushed into our dinner and needed to be out within an hour. Also, if she explained earlier about the dessert menu that your specials were baked fresh and needed to take at least 30 minutes We not only needed to wait for our waitress to take our order but found out then that it would take 30 minutes to prepare our order!Special Features:
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Amazing food & service! They surprised us with a table peppered with "happy birthday" confetti & a customized menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Went there for my birthday and the staff really made me feels special. Printed up menus with my name on them and free birthday souffle! My lamb chops were perfect and not overdone. My wife wanted her steak cooked a little more and the host took care of it immediately, no problem. Great customer service. To top it off, I used my Landry's card and got $50 off for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & foodLove2eatDined on 9/26/2014Server was very knowledgable about the food. She knew exactly what kind of sauce went with each menu. Food was cooked to perfection. Steak cooked exactly how we wanted it and fish was cooked perfectly and not overcooked. Desserts looked so delicious but we had no room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents 60th AnniversaryLeenyDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful time and had the private room and got the Silver Menu for our prefix menu. All of the staff was very accomodating and friendly. Chris was our waiter and did an outstanding job. My parents felt very comfortable there and the whole family had a nice time.Special Features:
- Quality has declined...MEalohaDined on 9/21/2014Quality of steak - flavor and texture - not worth the price. My medium rare filet mignon was overcooked, stringy, and flavorless. $50 worth! I expect a filet to be so tender that I hardly have to chew it! Our waiter was sweet and offered a replacement (as did the very loud waiter to his guests at the table next to us) but I don't like the idea of waste. After this long in the business, they should be consistent...especially with their steaks. Sorry, but I can't recommend you going here.
- great eveningimalittlepeaDined on 9/19/2014I had a good time here, everything I had to eat was perfect, only thing that topped it was the fantastic service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sending son off to college!Mariko54Dined on 9/17/2014There were 10 of us for dinner to celebrate.In spite of 4 of us being early for our reservation & 1 who was held up and arrived a half-hour late-we were all given the royal treatment-from the host/wait staff.We were given ample time to make our selections & the food for all of us was served at the same time-no one had to wait to eat.Mark, our server, was attentive & friendly in spite of being responsible for several large groups.The personalized menus & confetti on the tablecloth were nice touches, & the photographer was very very nice & accommodating, taking several group shots & also some with our cameras.Our only gripe was that a server assisting Mark was rather rude & took shortcuts with serving & ignored our waves for drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, butoli808Dined on 9/14/2014I suppose planning to give 4-5 stars rating. However, I just found out they used our credit card to pay for another table as well. Now I need to go through all the troubles to fix their mistakes. That is why I only can gave them 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERSERVICE4USSUPERSERVICE4USDined on 9/14/2014It was a classy & memorable evening! We ate in the special room that sat about 40 people and our waiter was Koa. We had champagne, Pinot Noir, fresh brewed coffee and Filet Mignons...OUTSTANDING! Our desserts were incredible, too! Loved the personal touch on the menu and the take home photo. WE LOOK FORWARD TO COMING BACK TO MORTONS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Awesome menu for self proclaimed foodies. Dining room is a bit small, so it makes things feel crowded. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasiontpkmiamiDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a quiet dinner for two after getting married and the manager and his staff went above and beyond to make our dinner special and memorable. It was an absolutely amazing experience and the perfect end to a magical day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014this is my first time here, and i must say this place is awesome!!! great service great food! i would recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:
- RayLDined on 9/13/2014Great steaks and service but prices dictate only special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemini2Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food & great service as usual. One of the better steak houses in Honolulu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014The service was very attentive as usual, and we were greeted by waiters who had served us on past occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work AnniversaryJustvisitingDined on 9/9/2014We had an overall nice experience. My office staff was overall very pleased with the food, not so much with the service. I was not as impressed, as I have visited Morton's steakhouse in other States (Florida and California), with impeccable service and better quality of food. I had the feeling that due to the size of group (small) and the guaranteed 21% gratuity the Morton's wait staff didn't seem that motivated to work for itSpecial Features:
- Gr8 Steak!LesWDined on 9/9/2014Absolutely the most tender steak I have had in years! Plus very tasty!Special Features:
- Celebrating 20th b-day.LovediningDined on 9/7/2014Green beans were old and shrunk and some were even brown in color, not the kind of quality we expected at Morton's. Panda Chinese fast food had better beans. Very disappointing. I was celebrating my daughters 20th b-day and it didn't feel that special.Special Features:
- Best managed restaurant in HawaiiMartinimanDined on 9/7/2014Mortons is, without a doubt, the best managed restaurant in Hawaii and perhaps the world. Cudos to Z and his crew in both the bar & restaurant. We have dined all over the USA and most of Europe. No restaurant can compare to Mortons Ala Moana in service, quality, value, and clubby romantic ambiance. Every employee is thoroughly trained & personable. Thanks for switching the music back to Sinatra style uptown jazz - far more appropriate for an upscale steak house. All you need now is a live piano in the dining room, and expanded happy hours to include Saturdays. The menu is great, but make no mistake Landry's- it is the specials ike the "End of Summer" $40 value that ensures our loyalty and keeps us away from the formidable competition.Special Features:
- Delicious food, bad atmosphereborn2eatDined on 9/6/2014The summer special was a great bargain. Three of us upgraded our filet to the porterhouse or bone-in ribeye and the steaks were excellent and cooked just the way we ordered it. The salmon was moist and the desserts were the perfect ending to a great dinner. It was a busy night and it was quite noisy. It was difficult to have a conversation with the members in our party. Too bad the neighboring diners weren't so courteous. We were celebrating my husband's birthday but no one sang happy birthday to him when they brought out his birthday soufflé. They sang happy birthday at the other tables tho. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Quiet Little DinnerRockyDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent however, the service was extremely slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good...JLSCDined on 9/5/2014WIth those prices, dining there is for special occasions only. Chris is an excellent server. But the employee who really shines is the hostess who takes the photos. She is SO warm & genuine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddining1Dined on 9/4/2014The service was excellent. The food was delicious. We went for the special so the prices were right. We went several months ago for the last special. We were a little reluctant to go back because on that visit the service was pretty bad. We felt like we were being ignored. They forgot to bring our desert and we had to finally ask what was taking so long. It was not a good dining experience. This last visit renewed our faith in the restaurant.Special Features:
- kamahinaDined on 9/2/2014my porterhouse, filet side excellent as always but the 2nd half/side was chewy. Service was and is always, "the greatest" Generally Morton's steaks go beyond satisfaction. But this time it was over priced for what we did end up getting. Especially wife's $50 platter, with 2 scallops, 3 shrimp, a a tiny filet. Business was surprisingly slow, consequently we had lots of attention and enjoyed a quite atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014The food was nice but the after dinner mints were hardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fitting for any celebrationFoursomeDined on 8/29/2014We were well greeted even if we were a bit late (20min) due to Friday night traffic. I did call in about expecting to be late and accommodations were made. The person waiting on us was remarkable and thanked us for coming back to celebrate my friends birthday again this year. It was awesome last year as it was this year 8/29. Thank you! The food was perfectly cooked, presented and very tasty!Special Features:
- As expected!!luvmysweetsDined on 8/29/2014Hadn't been to Morton's in years & nothing has changed. The food & service are excellent & just as I remembered. Their cuts of meat are among the best on the island & they have excellent desserts which are delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not spectacularJimbo808Dined on 8/25/2014The food and service was very good. But, for the price and hype, we expected so much more. Afte a $375 tab for 3, we'd at least like to remember one great dish. But, nada. It was OK, but not memorable at all. Zero "wow" factor for the money spent. Probably could've had the same dining experience at half the price at about a dozen other Honolulu restaurants. Disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Family Birthday TraditionLacyLadyDined on 8/24/2014For the past 5 years, we have been celebrating my two sons' birthdays at Morton's. We make this a tradition because of the "special touches" that Morton's provides and maintains---which makes my family feel special . The food is delicious and the service is superb. No doubt, this is the BIRTHDAY DESTINATION for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014There is a very nice attention provided for special touches that made our anniversary dinner memorable. Personalized menu and complimentary photo and dessert were most appreciated. Excellent service!Special Features:
- Awesome!maka1103Dined on 8/19/2014Morton's is my "go to" restaurant to take foodies to enjoy. All aspects are excellent. Top notch restaurant with good food, great service, and all expectations are met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet dinnerMangoMomVIPDined on 8/16/2014Hubby and I took advantage of an "End of Summer" special at Morton's. I had requested a quiet table and was very pleased to see that they had opened their private room and had a few tables in use there - we shared the room with about 5 other tables of diners so the noise level was nice and quiet and we were able to relax and enjoy conversation. Excellent (although pricey) cocktails, perfectly cooked steak. The server was over the top when she offered my husband an alternate dessert because the first was not outstanding for him (wife tried to talk him out of the mousse because I know it's not his favorite). This was above and beyond and finished off a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary celebration1stAnniversaryEveningDined on 8/16/2014Morton's really made our evening special. From the personalized menu to the decores on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 experienceForewaDined on 8/15/2014I've had great experience with the Morton's since the 1980s including the Chicago home restaurant. The Honolulu Morton's was no different till this year as the steak was not as tasty as before. It was exclusively good with respect to the taste of their steak and food, but this year the taste did not differentiate from other steakhouses.Special Features:
- 35th Wedding Romantic Dinner!2KailuaSweetheartsDined on 8/12/2014Mahalo for a memorable and enjoyable 35th Wedding Anniversary dinner! Friendly Hostess upon arrival, Smiles everywhere, Perfect table for two, personalized menu, memorable photos, sweet heart confetti on the table, Erin, our Server - sweet, personable, accommodating. Night Manager - friendly and personable as well, all of the staff were totally energetic in service and cared for all patrons. Great wine list, delicious and appetizing meals set before us that were cooked to perfection. Loved and enjoyed every minute. Hard working staff. We wished we had more stomach space! Delicious! We will definitely celebrate at Morton's the Steakhouse - Honolulu, again! Thank you so much for a beautiful evening! aloha nui wale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NothingSpecialVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was ok (steaks should have been hotter), lead waiter was annoying and slow
- Nothing Beats a Stock Yard SteakBestSonVIPDined on 8/11/2014Nothing beasts a stock yard steak and that is what Morton's serves. "Chicago Style" Where can you find a bone in filet? Here at Morton's! Twelve ounces to boot.Special Features:
- Always ElegantDonluvs2eatDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I enjoy Morton's a lot. We always have a great meal whether it is a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary, or just our date night. The steaks are of course the best, always perfectly prepared, but the sides are also wonderful. Top it all off with dessert and you cannot miss. I would be remiss if I did not mention the great service--we are always treated well. Cannot wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great1956fernandoDined on 8/9/2014Morton's is always great. NYC, Miami, Chicago, Honolulu, S. Juan de P. Rico,....never diisappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.