Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford
852 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 8607240044x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available M-F from 5:00 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Hartford hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/hartford
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 20 ounce New York sirloin and a 14 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (28)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not typical of Morton'sDineOutsideDined on 10/25/2014We visited Morton's on 10/25 and it was not what we expect from Morton's. We had a steak and seafood special we saw online. The steak was good, not great. We expect great from Morton's, especially considering the price. Also, the service was very slow. All in all, we didn't think the experience met our expectations, and think we could have received similar quality with better service elsewhere at half the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton"s in Hartford, ConnMaryBDined on 10/24/2014I had a difficult time finding the restaurant, even with using my GPS! The filet mignon was amazing! In fact everything was wonderful for a great dining experience! I treated two of my co-workers to dinner, and having experienced the Morton's in Richmond, VA and Boston, Ma, I knew it would be an exceptional pleasure for the palate! I was not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!!MaryQDined on 10/16/2014We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary with friends. Morton's Hartford, CT went above and beyond with Service, Special Personal Menu's, table decorations, Champagne! Very SPECIAL Experience! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great 25thRickinCheshireDined on 10/14/2014Restaurant added some nice touches to make our anniversary dinner special. Steaks are some of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Food was coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Menu was great. Many options. Salad was boring Steak was cold
- Sad decline in qualityluv2fellowshipDined on 9/13/2014I have celebrated special occasions with Morton's in varying locations including Nashville, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Hartford since 1990. Saturday night was, by far, one of the most disappointing meals of my life. In fact, my food was so bad I took one bite of the Oscar and didn't even try the steak (which I ordered 'medium' and knew immediately something was wrong since the steak came out with blood oozing. The $18 Crab Cake was mushy and not jumbo lump crab at all. We went to celebrate out daughter's back to school - no celebratory mention (even though I did note on the reservations). The manager did comp my meal but we still spent $250 for husband and children. What a terrible experience. I will not spend my dollars here again.
- NiccollsDined on 8/29/2014The service and food was excellent and professional. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate service/High PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The food was good, but way over priced. The service was not adequate for the price of the food.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary. The food came out perfect, It was a little pricey but it was for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MilobearDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten in numerous Morton's and have always enjoyed the food! This experience continued the chain of very good food experiences. Unfortunately, management had understaffed the wait service so that we had long pauses when there should not have been. It seemed, on a busy Saturday night, that the kitchen could not get the food together for the very full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's let us downsteakeaterDined on 8/16/2014We have been to many different Morton's locations and the Hartford one let us down. The food was not up to their usual standard that we have become accustomed to over the years. I hope this is not an indication of future service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSteakloverDined on 8/14/2014This is the second time we have been here for our anniversary dinner and , again, it was great. Nice touch with the "Happy Anniversary " menu, picture and comped desert. New York strip was cooked perfectly and mixed grill was outstanding. Plan on returning again.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightHartfordluvDined on 8/13/2014A great place to spend our 9th anniversary. The food was awesome. The wait staff was attentive.Special Features:
- good food, great servicemilaDined on 8/13/2014The lamb chops were excellent but the chilean sea bass was average and not worth the price. Our waitor was excellent. Our experience was a bit marred by a bunch of atrocious drunk men who were unfortunately seated across from us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Simply SaidLindaDined on 8/2/2014The setting of this restaurant did not present a good ambiance. Enclosed with what appeared to be no window, this restaurant was a bit loud due the acoustic effect of the room. It offered a semi enclosed bar area, private rooms for small parties and the main dining hall. All food was prepared well, and seasoned to taste, however, the 8 oz. Filet and the 16 oz. Pork chops were found to be a bit dry and were not as flavorful as anticipated. 16oz Double-Cut Prime Pork Chop well portion, great appearance, great color and seared well. The pork chop was well seasoned with multiple flavors and balance but extremely dry. 8 oz. The filet was dry, seasoned to taste, but not flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZeldaDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful evening. Everyone chose the Taste of Hartford Menu. It was fabulous. Service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014When is Hartford always go to Mortons. It's worth the money you pay especially when you compare it to other steakhouses in Hartford. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The French Onion soup is delicious and the filet mignon is cooked perfectly everytime.Special Features:
- Loved everything except the table!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I had a great experience I made reservations for 4 asking for a good table it's was my husband's birthday and this was our first time at Mortons they gave us a little table where nothing could fit on the tables and we look over and there is a party of 2 at much bigger tables just didn't make any sense to me and it really did annoy me but overall the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceprincessDined on 7/31/2014server was not very attentive as to timing of food/drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabydollDined on 7/28/2014Portions leave much to be desired. Been here twice. Will try other restaurants in neighborhood. This one is overpriced yet not at all impressive.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceaer1985Dined on 7/28/2014This was my first time dining at Morton's. My boyfriend and I decided to visit for their summer Taste of Hartford prix fixe menu, but ended up ordering off the full menu because the options were too tempting. Everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The service was beyond friendly and accommodating from start to finish. The prices really make this a "special occasion" restaurant for me. But between the excellent food and service, you definitely get your money's worth. We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!Kate808Dined on 7/26/2014Best steak I've ever had in my life- the Chicago styled ribeye. The peppered strip steak was also amazing, but maybe a little too thick of a pepper crust and definitely sat in the shadow of the ribeye. The chopped salad I got I personally didn't enjoy at all, but my date ate my plate for me and evidently loved it. The bacon Mac and cheese was everything you could hope for for a Mac and cheese, definitely a must-order, as well as the legendary sundae. Very kind service, and I think the manager even stopped at every table to see how people were doing. I sat next to the kitchen and could watch the steaks being prepared, that was a very neat aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be beatTime2dineDined on 7/26/2014As always, steak cooked to perfection. Almost can cut it with a fork. Service impressive. Couldn't ask for anything more. Taste of Hartford menu is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable steak, as expectedzzvalikaDined on 7/25/2014We came here during restaurant week to fulfill a craving for steak we both had been having. We were completely blown away. We know Morton's is known for their steaks, but the meat surpassed all our expectations. Didn't try anything else on the menu, though the accompanying mashed potatoes were excellent as well. Service was excellent. Word of advice: medium here implies a fair more amount of red / pink meat inside compared to other (albeit lower quality) restaurants. Ambiance is relatively dark lighting without any windows to give sort of a candlelit feeling. Some may like this and some may not. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:
- Reader29VIPDined on 7/24/2014I have always had a great dining experience at Morton's and this time was no different, except the waitress remembered me from my last visit (a pleseant surprise). I can't say enough about our waitress, Sarah C. She was attentive, personable and made us feel very welcomed. I had a friend join me who had never been to Morton's. She was immediately impressed and vows to return with her husband. Finally, it was clearly a team effort to Nicholas, Neftali and Sarah C. and of course the managers checking in to ensure we were happy. We really enjoyed ourselves. We enjoyed the 6oz filet oscar style (melt in your mouth) and the double pork chop (wow), cheesecake and key lime pie were very good too. Thanks again!!Special Features:
- Taste of Hartford treatLorrieinBoltonDined on 7/24/2014The food at Morton's is outstanding and their Taste of Hartford menu is a both a treat and a bargain.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014I realize that there's an expectation for this restaurant to be of high quality. However there's a decent price to be paid for quality and then there is just too much. The prices at this restaurant are simply ridiculously high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fork tender steakfantasticDined on 7/21/2014This is our first time at Mortons as part of Taste of Hartford 2014. Very pleasantly surprised. After using valet parking, we were greeted, asked wether we wanted a booth or table and seated promptly. Although Restaurant Week menu's are smaller that their regular menu, the choices were very adequate and proviuded plenty of food. Why steak houses put a huge steak knive in front of you is an puzzle, as our filet could have been cut with a fork. As we were celebrating our son's birthday, the hostess provided us with a picture of the occasion as we left. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishMely77Dined on 7/16/2014Everything was wonderful from the service, our appetizer and dinner. It was a very nice time out for my husband and I. The carrot cake was superb and I was able to share it at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Nice dinning for that special occasion or entertaining clients. Very pricey but food is superb. Veal Chop and Rack of Lamb were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceKitty2267Dined on 7/5/2014Food and ambiance was great. Service was near perfection. Had a special birthday dinner and my husband picked out the place. I do feel that the price was a bit steep for what we got but it was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceGourmandDined on 7/5/2014Eating at Morton's in downtown Hartford is always a special experience. The service is extraordinary, and the food is delicious. I ordered the 35th anniversary course, starting with a perfectly dressed Caesar salad, then the tasty filet mignon with broccoli as a side, and ending with the small but satisfying chocolate mousse dessert. To accompany my meal, I tried the Cabernet special for $16, the most I've ever paid for wine but also the best red I've ever had. The cappuccino I ordered to go with the dessert was hot and foamy. The dining room has an upscale but relaxed vibe. I would strongly recommend Morton's, especially to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Morton's Delivers Quality&ServiceInfinityDined on 7/3/2014Recently ate at Morton's in Hartford. Food was it's fabulous high quality and great taste as is the trademark of Morton's throughout the USA. Staff is very knowledgeable and attentive, and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Top of the line entrees, especially the steaks, and a great wine list to go with it. I recommend this to anyone who wants the best there is in a very nice setting.Special Features:
- The following 737 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford reviews archive.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/1/2014This was once our go to high end streak house.....not any more. Very disappointed in steak, wasn't cooked properly and you needed a knife to cut this filet (unlike prior visits). Potatoes had so much horseradish we couldn't eat them. However, I did not complain as we were dining with others and didn't want to make an issue of the food. Will be a Ruth Chris customer going forward.Special Features:
- Best steak in Hartford, period!Mhotchkiss4Dined on 6/29/2014I've been to 8 different Morton's all over the world and every time I've had a fantastic meal. They do a fantastic job of being consistently great, no matter where you dine, from Hartford to Hong Kong. In the immortal words of Arnold Schwartenager ... I'll be back.Special Features:
- my dining experiencetastebudsDined on 6/15/2014My children and me recently took my husband to your restaurant for Father's Day. We had a wonderful time. The meal was delicious and the service impeccable. We were especially touched by the attention to details given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedNicoleDined on 6/15/2014Scallops were over cooked. Lobster was literally three bites and was also over cooked. Steak was okay and onion rings not bad. Overall just not worth the money. I wouldn't go back. I prefer J Gilberts.Special Features:
- funhungrygirlDined on 6/15/2014First time at Morton's Hartford, and first time at a Morton's. We decided to go after a show at the XL Center on a Sunday afternoon. I made reservations thru Open Table on my phone while we were waiting for the show to start... it was that quick and easy. It was a short walk on a gorgeous day but we were a bit nervous while walking tho. I would definitely recommend the valet. The food was delicious... bread, salad, steaks cooked to perfection, sides and dessert. We ordered specialty drinks which were absolutely fabulous. The service from the time we walked through the door was outstanding. Would definitely visit another Morton's. Would "maybe" visit Hartford if it were during the day again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerFoodie2Dined on 6/14/2014I recently moved back to CT from San Diego,CA. Morton's was one of my favorites and continues to be. I was so very pleasantly surprised that in Hartford, the same excellent service and food is maintained at this restaurant. I took my girlfriend for a belated Bday dinner and it was amazing. Love the food and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic night of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014There are not enough words to describe the wonderful experience dining at Morton's provides. The food is phenomenal. Even the side dishes raise the bar to an entirely new level. The steaks were prepared perfectly. The grilling technique left them tender and flavorful. The portions are large and satisfying. It is worth the price in ever respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.