Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford
852 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (860) 724-0044
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 5:00pm
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available M-F from 5:00 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Hartford hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/hartford
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 20 ounce New York sirloin and a 14 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (23)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (18)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always OutstandingPoppyDined on 11/15/2014Once again Morton's delivered an exceptional evening. I took my wife and our best friend to Morton's for their birthdays which in the same week. Our friend had not been before so it was an extra special event. As usual, the staff was attentive, the food outstanding and the attention to detail (personalized menus, birthday decorations and complimentary dessert) off the hook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service DisappointmentSteakhouseFanVIPDined on 11/8/2014We dine at this Morton's 2-3 times per year. The food is always excellent and met our expectations, but the service level was extremely slow on this occasion. The restaurant didn't appear to be as busy as the slow service warranted. We waited a very long time for drinks, to actually order, and the wait for each course was way too long. I guess they had some issues in the kitchen on this particular evening. On a positive note, the management sensed the problem and apologized to us personally along with extending a couple of comps for dessert and valet parking. We'll eventually go back and hopefully they will get their service issues rectified.
- Outstanding!CabissiDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I wanted a great meal for our anniversary. We chose Mortons for it's reputation and we were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in, till the time we left we could have not been more pleased. We dine at many of the fine restaurants in the North East and I must say this one was near or maybe the top of our list for a great meal. To top things off, I was contacted the next day and asked about our experience. Great service and great food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonwinerDined on 11/2/2014Great restaurant especially for special occasions since it is a bit pricey. Service is definitely what you would expect from a high end restaurant. Food and wine selections are more than adequate. I'm certain we will be back even tough it is a 50 mile ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open floor plan made it loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Not the place for a dinner with friends that want to talk to each other. Open dr was noisy.Special Features:
- Anniversary Giftdairyfarmer2Dined on 11/1/2014A wonderful opportunity to celebrate our anniversary from our daughters. A delicious dinner at Morton's The Steakhouse, concert tickets to Fleetwood Mac and a hotel night so we wouldn't have to make the long drive home. Thank you to our great daughters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as other Morton'sRickDined on 11/1/2014Went there for a pre-event meal, so knew the importance of reservations, so we made them. Arrived on time, then sent to the bar, where we had to ask the bartender twice about looking into our table. Finally seated 30 minutes after the reservation time.Special Features:
- Great value, good serviceWellTraveledDinerDined on 10/31/2014This was a spur of the moment decision to go on Halloween...but no regrets. The special menu for the evening was perfect...a good choice and excellent quality. The wine choice was also excellent. The evening was topped off by excellent and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not typical of Morton'sDineOutsideDined on 10/25/2014We visited Morton's on 10/25 and it was not what we expect from Morton's. We had a steak and seafood special we saw online. The steak was good, not great. We expect great from Morton's, especially considering the price. Also, the service was very slow. All in all, we didn't think the experience met our expectations, and think we could have received similar quality with better service elsewhere at half the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton"s in Hartford, ConnMaryBDined on 10/24/2014I had a difficult time finding the restaurant, even with using my GPS! The filet mignon was amazing! In fact everything was wonderful for a great dining experience! I treated two of my co-workers to dinner, and having experienced the Morton's in Richmond, VA and Boston, Ma, I knew it would be an exceptional pleasure for the palate! I was not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!!MaryQDined on 10/16/2014We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary with friends. Morton's Hartford, CT went above and beyond with Service, Special Personal Menu's, table decorations, Champagne! Very SPECIAL Experience! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great 25thRickinCheshireDined on 10/14/2014Restaurant added some nice touches to make our anniversary dinner special. Steaks are some of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Food was coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Menu was great. Many options. Salad was boring Steak was cold
- Sad decline in qualityluv2fellowshipDined on 9/13/2014I have celebrated special occasions with Morton's in varying locations including Nashville, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Hartford since 1990. Saturday night was, by far, one of the most disappointing meals of my life. In fact, my food was so bad I took one bite of the Oscar and didn't even try the steak (which I ordered 'medium' and knew immediately something was wrong since the steak came out with blood oozing. The $18 Crab Cake was mushy and not jumbo lump crab at all. We went to celebrate out daughter's back to school - no celebratory mention (even though I did note on the reservations). The manager did comp my meal but we still spent $250 for husband and children. What a terrible experience. I will not spend my dollars here again.
- NiccollsDined on 8/29/2014The service and food was excellent and professional. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate service/High PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The food was good, but way over priced. The service was not adequate for the price of the food.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary. The food came out perfect, It was a little pricey but it was for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MilobearDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten in numerous Morton's and have always enjoyed the food! This experience continued the chain of very good food experiences. Unfortunately, management had understaffed the wait service so that we had long pauses when there should not have been. It seemed, on a busy Saturday night, that the kitchen could not get the food together for the very full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's let us downsteakeaterDined on 8/16/2014We have been to many different Morton's locations and the Hartford one let us down. The food was not up to their usual standard that we have become accustomed to over the years. I hope this is not an indication of future service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSteakloverDined on 8/14/2014This is the second time we have been here for our anniversary dinner and , again, it was great. Nice touch with the "Happy Anniversary " menu, picture and comped desert. New York strip was cooked perfectly and mixed grill was outstanding. Plan on returning again.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightHartfordluvDined on 8/13/2014A great place to spend our 9th anniversary. The food was awesome. The wait staff was attentive.Special Features:
- good food, great servicemilaDined on 8/13/2014The lamb chops were excellent but the chilean sea bass was average and not worth the price. Our waitor was excellent. Our experience was a bit marred by a bunch of atrocious drunk men who were unfortunately seated across from us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!CTCaroleDined on 8/6/2014Went to dinner at Morton's to celebrate my birthday. It was FANTASTIC!! The food and service were excellent - as always. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Simply SaidLindaDined on 8/2/2014The setting of this restaurant did not present a good ambiance. Enclosed with what appeared to be no window, this restaurant was a bit loud due the acoustic effect of the room. It offered a semi enclosed bar area, private rooms for small parties and the main dining hall. All food was prepared well, and seasoned to taste, however, the 8 oz. Filet and the 16 oz. Pork chops were found to be a bit dry and were not as flavorful as anticipated. 16oz Double-Cut Prime Pork Chop well portion, great appearance, great color and seared well. The pork chop was well seasoned with multiple flavors and balance but extremely dry. 8 oz. The filet was dry, seasoned to taste, but not flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZeldaDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful evening. Everyone chose the Taste of Hartford Menu. It was fabulous. Service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014When is Hartford always go to Mortons. It's worth the money you pay especially when you compare it to other steakhouses in Hartford. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The French Onion soup is delicious and the filet mignon is cooked perfectly everytime.Special Features:
- Loved everything except the table!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I had a great experience I made reservations for 4 asking for a good table it's was my husband's birthday and this was our first time at Mortons they gave us a little table where nothing could fit on the tables and we look over and there is a party of 2 at much bigger tables just didn't make any sense to me and it really did annoy me but overall the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceprincessDined on 7/31/2014server was not very attentive as to timing of food/drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabydollDined on 7/28/2014Portions leave much to be desired. Been here twice. Will try other restaurants in neighborhood. This one is overpriced yet not at all impressive.Special Features:
- The following 749 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Hartford reviews archive.
- Excellent food & serviceaer1985Dined on 7/28/2014This was my first time dining at Morton's. My boyfriend and I decided to visit for their summer Taste of Hartford prix fixe menu, but ended up ordering off the full menu because the options were too tempting. Everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The service was beyond friendly and accommodating from start to finish. The prices really make this a "special occasion" restaurant for me. But between the excellent food and service, you definitely get your money's worth. We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!Kate808Dined on 7/26/2014Best steak I've ever had in my life- the Chicago styled ribeye. The peppered strip steak was also amazing, but maybe a little too thick of a pepper crust and definitely sat in the shadow of the ribeye. The chopped salad I got I personally didn't enjoy at all, but my date ate my plate for me and evidently loved it. The bacon Mac and cheese was everything you could hope for for a Mac and cheese, definitely a must-order, as well as the legendary sundae. Very kind service, and I think the manager even stopped at every table to see how people were doing. I sat next to the kitchen and could watch the steaks being prepared, that was a very neat aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be beatTime2dineDined on 7/26/2014As always, steak cooked to perfection. Almost can cut it with a fork. Service impressive. Couldn't ask for anything more. Taste of Hartford menu is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable steak, as expectedzzvalikaDined on 7/25/2014We came here during restaurant week to fulfill a craving for steak we both had been having. We were completely blown away. We know Morton's is known for their steaks, but the meat surpassed all our expectations. Didn't try anything else on the menu, though the accompanying mashed potatoes were excellent as well. Service was excellent. Word of advice: medium here implies a fair more amount of red / pink meat inside compared to other (albeit lower quality) restaurants. Ambiance is relatively dark lighting without any windows to give sort of a candlelit feeling. Some may like this and some may not. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:
- Reader29VIPDined on 7/24/2014I have always had a great dining experience at Morton's and this time was no different, except the waitress remembered me from my last visit (a pleseant surprise). I can't say enough about our waitress, Sarah C. She was attentive, personable and made us feel very welcomed. I had a friend join me who had never been to Morton's. She was immediately impressed and vows to return with her husband. Finally, it was clearly a team effort to Nicholas, Neftali and Sarah C. and of course the managers checking in to ensure we were happy. We really enjoyed ourselves. We enjoyed the 6oz filet oscar style (melt in your mouth) and the double pork chop (wow), cheesecake and key lime pie were very good too. Thanks again!!Special Features:
- Taste of Hartford treatLorrieinBoltonDined on 7/24/2014The food at Morton's is outstanding and their Taste of Hartford menu is a both a treat and a bargain.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014I realize that there's an expectation for this restaurant to be of high quality. However there's a decent price to be paid for quality and then there is just too much. The prices at this restaurant are simply ridiculously high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fork tender steakfantasticVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is our first time at Mortons as part of Taste of Hartford 2014. Very pleasantly surprised. After using valet parking, we were greeted, asked wether we wanted a booth or table and seated promptly. Although Restaurant Week menu's are smaller that their regular menu, the choices were very adequate and proviuded plenty of food. Why steak houses put a huge steak knive in front of you is an puzzle, as our filet could have been cut with a fork. As we were celebrating our son's birthday, the hostess provided us with a picture of the occasion as we left. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishMely77Dined on 7/16/2014Everything was wonderful from the service, our appetizer and dinner. It was a very nice time out for my husband and I. The carrot cake was superb and I was able to share it at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Nice dinning for that special occasion or entertaining clients. Very pricey but food is superb. Veal Chop and Rack of Lamb were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceKitty2267Dined on 7/5/2014Food and ambiance was great. Service was near perfection. Had a special birthday dinner and my husband picked out the place. I do feel that the price was a bit steep for what we got but it was a special occasion.Special Features: