Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack
Riverside Square Mall, One Riverside Square
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (201) 487-1303
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 4:30 - 10:00
Thursday 11:30 - 10:00
Friday and Saturday 11:30 - 11:00
Sunday 12:00 - 9:00
Monday - Wednesday 5:30 - 10:00
Thursday 11:30 - 10:00
Friday - Saturday 11:30 - 11:00
Sunday 12:00 - 9:00
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available Daily from 4:30 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Hackensack hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/hackensack
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (49)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (25)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Has lost some lusterFranKeyDeeDined on 11/15/2014I have been a huge fan of Morton's for years - a couple of decades in fact. Have thoroughly enjoyed their Cajun Ribeye as the quintessential steak. Over the last visits the steak has become pretty average and certainly not commensurate with the price tag - which I never had a problem with before. Somehow I keep hoping the quality will return to the way it used to be, but alas I find it not to be the case. I will likely continue to keep giving it a try but in good conscience would not recommend to anyone at this time. There are numerous other steakhouses that offer tastier cuts and a more palatable price point.
- birthday dine outArtmontiDined on 11/13/2014Food overall good, NOT Recommandable for a weekly dine-out...good for special occasion only. Food good, drinks commonly found elsewhere, menu rather limited in choices and very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good timeCDCIVDined on 11/10/2014Waiter was on top of the service. Food was as expected from Morton's. Table by us was slightly louder than would have liked but that could be at any restaurant. Will be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent Morton's visitBoomerDined on 11/9/2014The most recent visit was not the best dinner I have had here. Some of that may be my own fault also. I ordered the Onion Soup, not good at all, lumpy and way to thick, plus over heated (like microwave over heated), Scorching. Should have stuck the the usual Lobster Bisque. They had a steak special, a bone in Manhattan cut (NY strip) but not a good cut at all, chewy no flavor and very small cut and tiny bone for $66. Ate about half and made mention about the cut. They were kind enough to remove from the bill. I should have gone with the Cajun Ribeye. My Daughters NY Strip was over cooked dry and flavorless, normally this is a great cut. Oh well sometimes it's an off night. Service was very good, sides were excellent.Special Features:
- Kathy1Dined on 11/8/2014From the greeting at the entrance to restaurant to the quality of the food to the constant attention given us by the staff including the waitress, busboy and maître de, Morton's was a great experience. I would highly recommend Morton's to anyone celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014the food was wonderful but the service did not live up to expectations for a top rated steakhouse. Our waiter never brought the second glass of wine we ordered, even though my glass sat empty the entire meal. At the end of the meal we waited more than 10-minutes to complete the payment process. The manager stopped at our table and asked how we enjoyed the meal, when I replied the service was poor he just proceeded to the next table without asking the reason for our dissatisfaction. First and last time to this location but will try another morton's location in future.Special Features:
- Love the specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Love the occasional specials they have on the 3 course menu! So worth the price!Special Features:
- steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We have found Morton's to be more and more mediocre and therefore overpriced compared to other steak restaurants we have visited.
- the best of the better steak housesFRGETMDined on 10/7/2014The menu was just right. Not too long with just the right amount of appetizer and dinner options to choose from. Each meal was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beDRosenVIPDined on 10/5/2014Drinks were primarily ice. Bread only when asked for and then quickly removed. Prices outrageous.
- Everything was great, but bartenderAllieDined on 10/3/2014steve was amazing! We were early for our reservation, Steve made easy work of our drink requests at the bar. Through dinner he personally delivered our drink orders to our table, stopping to chat throughout. For dessert I ordered the Morton's coffee, but requested modifications. He was more than happy to try making it for me, and not surprisingly, the drink was fantastic. Dinner was delicious, oddly enough the matchstick truffle fries were our favorite side, and the shrimp cocktail was a great starter. Steaks were cooked perfectly, and overall the meal was just simply enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was very good. I wouldn't say the best steak I had but the service made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal & ServicedhymanprDined on 9/20/2014My meal was exceptional! I had the spare ribs, brussell sprouts and baked potato. You won't find this combination on the menu, however, the chef accommodated our request. Every bite was tasty! Although I was satisfied with the meal, I ordered the carrot cake to go. It was delicious! The meal is a bit pricey but it was well worth it. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating. Overall, F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!Special Features:
- Big Time Disappointment!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This was the worst dinner at Morton's I have EVER had!! Ordered porter house steak for 2 at( $116 )medium and it came well done on a cold plate.!! Meat was definitely NOT a prime cut. Sides were equally as bad-tasteless and cold. Even the cheesecake was terrible!!. New owners, please bring back chefs, menu, caliber of steaks! Also a clue Morton's is going down hill is that, we were there on a Saturday night at 8pm and it was empty!! I remember the days when the line was out the door!! Ruth Chris has you beat HANDS DOWN! Maybe hire their management to reorganize and rehire!!!Special Features:
- Not excitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Usually a great experience but service this time was poor. Waitress brought us the watermelon salad when we asked for the tomato and onion salad. How do you miss-hear that? Then she forgot my seafood add-on with my filet and our knives for the steaks. She also took much too long to ask me if I wanted a second drink and then I waited for my wine. Food is always great but this night was not epic in any way.Special Features:
- Anniversary GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and could not have selected a better place. I made a reservation online and noted that we were celebrating the occasion. They printed a special menu for us as a keepsake (along with the regular menu to order from). They took our picture and gave it to us in a folio - another keepsake. The service was first rate and the food was excellent. Although my steak was a little undercooked in the middle initially, the waitress took the half eaten piece back and it was recooked to perfection. The manager even brought over another order of hot green beans and apologized for the inconvenience. Nice touch!! We had a wonderful and memorable dinner and I would highly recommend dining there.Special Features:
- Old dependablejustinDined on 9/13/2014You know what you get when you go to Morton's. They always have great food and excellent service. It is our night out for birthday's, our anniversary, and special occasions. They have the best lava cake for dessert. I make sure to order it first. I get the lava cake even when my meal comes with some other free dessert, its that good.Special Features:
- Rivals Ruth ChrisTheTrailmasterDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to Morton's and we were not disappointed. The wine and cocktail lists were very diverse. The Oysters Rockefeller were succulent and the Filet Mignon cooked to perfection. Both were superb! I do need to say that you need to bring a fat wallet here as you pay for everything a-la-carte. Well worth the price though!Special Features:
- Nice RevisitJET630Dined on 9/11/2014Its been some time since we dined at Mortons. One thing we missed was the tray showing the various cuts of meat etc. It was a great way to consider what to eat. Our serve was really great - even fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Every thing was so nice except the dessert serve. our waiter was too busy for other table order taking and Souffle was not hot when she served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceVacationbuddyDined on 9/10/2014Me and my wife visited Morton's for our 1 year anniversary and I was amazed. The staff took care of our every need and made our occasion super special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sorry not worth itleena104Dined on 9/6/2014The food is good, not great. I have had more flavorful steak at Arthurs for less that half the price. The steaks average around $69. My appetizer (cold shell fish) was approximately $30.00. Expect to spend at least $350/couple without dessert and coffee. We did not have dessert so I cannot comment. I will say that our server was wonderful. He was extremely attentive, warm and skilled. The surface was exceptional but honestly, we would not return. I expect exceptional food for the price of this meal and I tasted nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- Best Date NightBlowUpDoIIDined on 9/6/2014I took my man out for a treat to Morton's for a surprise "man date." This place was great. We got dressed up and were excited to try something new. Turns out they treated us like royalty! They pulled the table out for us to comfortably get into our booth and tended to our every need. The Cajun ribeye, horseradish mashed potatoes, and Morton's coffee were spectacular. Dee was our waitress. We couldn't have asked for a better waitress. She was perfect. This date couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MORTON'S IS TOP NOTCHattoniDined on 8/31/2014Another spectacular dinner at Morton's. Went for the $40 special which is on till the middle of September. Great price for a 3 course meal. Had caesar salad. filet mignon, mashed potato, and desert. Husband had wedge of lettuce, bacon with blue cheese, filet mignon, garlic & green beans and desert. Food never disappoints. Service is spectacular. Diane our server is awesome. This is the second time we had her and she is a gem. Morton's should be proud.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 8/30/2014Never disappoints me. Always the standard all steakhouses should strive to be like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorableDenzel20Dined on 8/30/2014It was a night to remember. Vanessa was wonderful and very attentive. Although our first time here she took the time to explain many features which were very helpful. We thank her and the all the staff who assisted in our first experience. Definitely will not be our last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FILETREZ1Dined on 8/30/2014W e ordered the $41 special and found it outstanding. The steak was done to perfection and the salad was crisp with a delicious dressing. Only fault is that the place is too noisySpecial Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Was there to celebrate a friend and my own birthday on the same date. They not only provided great food and drinks but took keepsake pictures for us and candles to make a wish on in a delicious cheesecake. Really nice touch.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerweluvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We were looking for a nice place for our Anniversary dinner & we hadn't been to a nice place in a while. I have been to the Morton's in Baltimore, but that was many years ago. The Maitre de greeted us knowing what the occasion was and sat us at a very nice e table. He then produced a customized menu for us noting our anniversary which was a very nice touch. The water was pleasant & knew his food. The food was awesome and there was plenty. I highly recommend this place & will be going there very soon to take my son for a nice steak dinner. Great job all around by the Chef & the staff. thank you for a wonderful evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Surprised at the food quality and service. Have not been there in 2 years and was disappointed in the changes to the quality and service. I ordered the classic NY strip and could have sworn it was a rib eye. In the past the Morton's NY Strip was my favorite steak but this did not resemble anything I had in the past, was very disappointed. Service was also disappointing seemed the waiter was training and just did not have enough experience to know everything on the menu. Waiter was nice but had to keep going to the back to see if they offered things we were asking for which were specials. I was very disappointed at the overall experience and will not be coming back.
- An excellant selection...TheRockDined on 8/22/2014Joe and the service team were excellant and the food was as well...how wonderful the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precooked LobstergeorgeDined on 8/22/2014We were excited to visit Morton's for their Lobster special . Unfortunatley the Lobster was precooked , taken out of the shell , pieces were then put back in the main shell and served cool . The Lobster meat had a grizzly taste . We expected a fully cooked fresh Lobster . On top of that the bar area was packed and "Happy Hour" was unavailable so we made double the price for drinks .Bringing this situation to the attention of the Manager resulted in him being dismissive . we will not return .
- Great for CelebratingKennyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere is romantic and the food and wine list are outstanding. Service is timely and the wait staff fills up you glass of water without being asked. If you like white linen tablecloths and great food - this is your place to go!Special Features:
- Always amazing!Teres119Dined on 8/15/2014We come to Mortons quite often and enjoy it every time! The service and staff are wonderful and the food is delicious! Their seafood dishes are just as amazing as their steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too DimMachomannDined on 8/10/2014The steaks are outstanding & the service is great! The lighting in the restaurant is HORRIBLE! The lighting throughout the restaurant is so abysmal that one can barely see or read the menu offerings!Special Features:
- goodbootsDined on 8/9/2014expensive......waiter did not mention a special offer - this is poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of a disappointmentnjnavigatorDined on 8/8/2014We usually go here for special occasions. Went for spouse's birthday, asking three weeks in advance for a booth. Arrived - no booth since "everyone who wanted one got one". We replied "obviously not". Waited 40 min for a booth to open up. Staff tried their best to make up for mgt's mistake but everything seemed a bit off that night. Hopefully the next visit will be back up to their usual standard.Special Features:
- The BestCLM22VIPDined on 8/3/2014I have never been to a restaurant that is so focused on customer service and providing the gold standard for a fine dining experience. The food is great…go there and enjoy. Take advantage of their special menu that offers the "deal of the century" periodically throughout the year. I'd eat there every week if I could.Special Features:
- Great filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The steaks were great. Perfectly cooked. Prices are steep. Probably worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dragged onOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/2/2014Chicago bone in rib eye was outstanding. Everything else was average. Service too slow and unresponsive had to request drinks and wine multiethnic times. Dinner took over 3 hours??? AND whats with screaming toddrs at an expensive steakhouse! Not enjoyable when I'm spending $400 for 2. Won't return too many better options. This was my second Mortons visit inudong NYC and probably done with chain all together.