Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack
Riverside Square Mall, One Riverside Square
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2014871303x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 4:30 - 10:00
Thursday 11:30 - 10:00
Friday and Saturday 11:30 - 11:00
Sunday 12:00 - 9:00
Monday - Wednesday 5:30 - 10:00
Thursday 11:30 - 10:00
Friday - Saturday 11:30 - 11:00
Sunday 12:00 - 9:00
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available Daily from 4:30 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Hackensack hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/hackensack
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (72)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MORTON'S IS TOP NOTCHattoniDined on 8/31/2014Another spectacular dinner at Morton's. Went for the $40 special which is on till the middle of September. Great price for a 3 course meal. Had caesar salad. filet mignon, mashed potato, and desert. Husband had wedge of lettuce, bacon with blue cheese, filet mignon, garlic & green beans and desert. Food never disappoints. Service is spectacular. Diane our server is awesome. This is the second time we had her and she is a gem. Morton's should be proud.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 8/30/2014Never disappoints me. Always the standard all steakhouses should strive to be like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014It was a night to remember. Vanessa was wonderful and very attentive. Although our first time here she took the time to explain many features which were very helpful. We thank her and the all the staff who assisted in our first experience. Definitely will not be our last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FILETREZ1Dined on 8/30/2014W e ordered the $41 special and found it outstanding. The steak was done to perfection and the salad was crisp with a delicious dressing. Only fault is that the place is too noisySpecial Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Was there to celebrate a friend and my own birthday on the same date. They not only provided great food and drinks but took keepsake pictures for us and candles to make a wish on in a delicious cheesecake. Really nice touch.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerweluvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We were looking for a nice place for our Anniversary dinner & we hadn't been to a nice place in a while. I have been to the Morton's in Baltimore, but that was many years ago. The Maitre de greeted us knowing what the occasion was and sat us at a very nice e table. He then produced a customized menu for us noting our anniversary which was a very nice touch. The water was pleasant & knew his food. The food was awesome and there was plenty. I highly recommend this place & will be going there very soon to take my son for a nice steak dinner. Great job all around by the Chef & the staff. thank you for a wonderful evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Surprised at the food quality and service. Have not been there in 2 years and was disappointed in the changes to the quality and service. I ordered the classic NY strip and could have sworn it was a rib eye. In the past the Morton's NY Strip was my favorite steak but this did not resemble anything I had in the past, was very disappointed. Service was also disappointing seemed the waiter was training and just did not have enough experience to know everything on the menu. Waiter was nice but had to keep going to the back to see if they offered things we were asking for which were specials. I was very disappointed at the overall experience and will not be coming back.
- An excellant selection...TheRockDined on 8/22/2014Joe and the service team were excellant and the food was as well...how wonderful the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precooked LobstergeorgeDined on 8/22/2014We were excited to visit Morton's for their Lobster special . Unfortunatley the Lobster was precooked , taken out of the shell , pieces were then put back in the main shell and served cool . The Lobster meat had a grizzly taste . We expected a fully cooked fresh Lobster . On top of that the bar area was packed and "Happy Hour" was unavailable so we made double the price for drinks .Bringing this situation to the attention of the Manager resulted in him being dismissive . we will not return .
- Great for CelebratingKennyDined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere is romantic and the food and wine list are outstanding. Service is timely and the wait staff fills up you glass of water without being asked. If you like white linen tablecloths and great food - this is your place to go!Special Features:
- Always amazing!Teres119Dined on 8/15/2014We come to Mortons quite often and enjoy it every time! The service and staff are wonderful and the food is delicious! Their seafood dishes are just as amazing as their steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too DimMachomannDined on 8/10/2014The steaks are outstanding & the service is great! The lighting in the restaurant is HORRIBLE! The lighting throughout the restaurant is so abysmal that one can barely see or read the menu offerings!Special Features:
- goodbootsDined on 8/9/2014expensive......waiter did not mention a special offer - this is poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestCLM22VIPDined on 8/3/2014I have never been to a restaurant that is so focused on customer service and providing the gold standard for a fine dining experience. The food is great…go there and enjoy. Take advantage of their special menu that offers the "deal of the century" periodically throughout the year. I'd eat there every week if I could.Special Features:
- Great filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The steaks were great. Perfectly cooked. Prices are steep. Probably worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dragged onOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/2/2014Chicago bone in rib eye was outstanding. Everything else was average. Service too slow and unresponsive had to request drinks and wine multiethnic times. Dinner took over 3 hours??? AND whats with screaming toddrs at an expensive steakhouse! Not enjoyable when I'm spending $400 for 2. Won't return too many better options. This was my second Mortons visit inudong NYC and probably done with chain all together.
- AnniversaryDined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful time at Morton's. We were celebrating our anniversary & the little things that were done for us (i.e. Personalized menu & picture) made our night even more special. Our waitress was wonderful & patient as my husband is very indecisive. We will def dine at Morton's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ServiceMarkD12Dined on 7/31/2014Top notch service. Knowledgable of the menu. Attentive to our dining needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New OwnershipOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Morton's will continue to be my fsvorite steak house as long as they continue to keep the recipe for success in the quality of food used and how they prepare. However, they have changed the background music to something different than a low key ambiance....it's a bit more on the "hip" side. A little cheesy. The real issue and red flag I have is the CHEESY offer to join the Landry Restaurant frequent customer club.... This is Morton's, not Chili's or Appleby's. I was shocked and as the server pressed me after I said NO, she continued to press me....I told her I thought I was iat Morton's, not Chili's. If this is the direction the new pwnership is taking Morton's in, then it will be dropped down my list of high end, classy,destinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentBelahVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went for two birthday celebrations, party of six. Waitress was patient and excellent as she explained the special with an upgraded entree several times. Two entrees were not prepared to our liking. One over cooked with no choice but to start again and the other under cooked which could have been placed back on the grill ( salmon). Both entrees were recooked from scratch and taken off the bill. I was most surprised and impressed. They also gave us two desserts on the house. A classy restaurant as always.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsNJnewmomDined on 7/12/2014The menu selections are prepared with great skill. The food was extremely tasty and our server was very helpful and polite .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always StellarlegaleagleVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great lunch once again. Expertly served and solid food. It is a reliable choice that never fails to please. Lunch is very reasonable. Just wish they were open daily for lunch.Special Features:
- KathyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Service was very slow. Good lobster bisque; Onion soup was very sweet. Shrimp Alexander started out good until there was a shrimp that tasted like bleach. The markup on alcohol is exorbitant; 1 blue moon beer was $8. Overall, this is a very expensive restaurant where I really need to think about whether it's worth it or not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- For good food, service, ambianceWonderfulDined on 7/10/2014I kicked off my 40th birthday celebrations with an intimate dinner at Morton's Hackensack. Everything was absolutely perfect! The service and atmosphere were impeccable, the food delicious. Try the Cadillac Margarita. We had the broiled scallop appetizer, which was spectacular with the apricot chutney. Salads - Bibb and Chopped - both fresh and tasty. Hubby had the salmon, me, the ribeye. Both were done perfectly. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful2goodDined on 7/6/2014We celebrated my birthday and from the moment we sat down our waiter was attentive. She took my picture and presented me with a really nice Morton's birthday card. Food was delicious and timed right...not rush not late. Our only concern was that it was a little dark, but they did bring up the lites a bit.Special Features:
- Solid SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014Good solid steakhouse. Expensive. Very nice atmosphere. Been there a few times. Service can make or break your evening. Go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!! Great Date Night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We have been to Morton's in Hackensack and Chicago and both exceeded our expectations with regard to food and service. The steaks are excellent and prepared and served to a very high standard with never a disappointment. The personnel are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We will always look forward to our future visits.Special Features:
- Great Steak! Great Atmosphere!nicolealiciaDined on 7/3/2014My family and I went to Morton’s for the 1st time and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and the key line pie was amazing. The service was attentive and friendly and we felt special form the time we arrived until the time we left. We will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXTRAORDINARYDaveVIPDined on 7/3/2014Reliably a great steak dinner with outstanding appetizers and desserts, and a highly varied menu.Special Features:
- NeilVIPDined on 7/3/2014Morton's is outstanding, as it has always been. The food and ambiance are top notchSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner at Morton's.hopeDined on 6/30/2014We came in for dinner to celebrate my 50th Birthday on a Monday night and enjoyed our meal! They make you feel special.Special Features:
- fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014the food and service were exceptional. definitely worth return visitsSpecial Features:
- Restaurant was excellentproblemreservationDined on 6/27/2014Disappointed that open table did not allow a spot to resevere the lobster special. Had to call the restaurant to confirm that.Special Features:
- Great DinnerjimiB777Dined on 6/27/2014Great location, Great Parking, Very nice Bar area, cool settings. The NY strip was awesome this time. I usually go with the rib eye but switched it up at the last min and the NY strip is new Fav! sides were on time as usual, great mushrooms, great spinach,great. garlic mashed. Looking forward to next Morton's night, always great time at Morton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014The room is too dark, the waiter was to friendly. The service left much to be desired. I asked for a large plate for my lobster. It never came.
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerDeirdreODined on 6/23/2014Thank you for a wonderful night! I came in with my husband and a friend to celebrate his birthday. Starting with Christina at the door, we were warmly greeted and brought to our table. Our server Diana was amazing and made lots of great recommendations - she really knows the menu backwards and forwards. Her service was professional and friendly and we never wanted for anything during our whole meal. Skylar and Andrew both stopped the table and made us feel at home. The food was excellent and everything was so delicious, we enjoyed bacon wrapped scallops, Cajun ribeye (my personal favorite), a melt-in-your-mouth bone in filet, porterhouse, hot chocolate cake and peach & blueberry crisp. We will definitely be back again soon!!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious. Environment is comfortable. Service was great! Go if you can!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bang for your BuckSteakaliciousDined on 6/20/2014the 4 course dinner for $59 was not only a bargain but the food was delicious. Lots of bang for your buck. The food is always delicious whether you get a special or have a full priced meal.Special Features:
- Relaxing Wednesday Night DinnerSteakLuversDined on 6/18/2014My husband and I went to Morton's on a Wednesday night "date night" to get out of the house and spend some much needed time together. We were also celebrating his new promotion/job. The wait staff were amazing, congratulated my husband and even printed special menu's that stated congratulations on the menu for him to see. Using open table allowed the ease of all of this to happen with very little of my own effort. The food is delicious and my husband had "the best steak of his life" that evening (and we are big foodies so this was a meaningful statement). We look forward to going back on another occasion or just to have another "best steak of his life."Special Features:
- Classic Steakhouse ExperienceFrugalNugentDined on 6/17/2014Morton's in the classic steakhouse experience. Perfectly cooked meat, decadent appetizers and incredible service.Special Features: