Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
777 Northern Blvd.
Great Neck, NY 11020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (516) 498-2950
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45 pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available M-F from 5:00 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Great Neck hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/greatneck
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)notable wine list (72)good for groups (67)romantic (67)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (17)late-night find (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great steaks and great serviceRededDined on 11/17/2014My wife and I visit Morton's usually to celebrate something special. In this case an anniversary. The decor is upscale and the restaurant is classy. They also have an outstanding wine selection. The restaurant is known for their steaks and they don't disappoint. Very tasty and prepared with perfection. The level of service was very high. The staff was very attentive and made our occasion special. They need to make sure the level of food preparation is the same for the rest of the menu as it is for their steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Great Neck Really Is GreatnicknameVIPDined on 11/15/2014Been there numerous times, from large groups, medium get-togethers and intimate dinners for two. Only one less than pleasant experience in all those occasions (nobody's perfect!). This past Saturday my wife & I had a wonderful combination of cocktails, appetizer & filet mignon. Unfortunately, no room for dessert. Maybe next time, which hopefully will be soon.Special Features:
- Awesomenewfie1Dined on 11/11/2014A must place to eat, Never disappointed with food or service. My favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt like at homegreatplacetodineDined on 11/10/2014food was very good, service was great. greeted at the door like I was a everyday customer. had a business meeting and it was quiet and was able to conduct business meetingSpecial Features:
- MOVE OVERLOVEDined on 11/8/2014I had a wonderful time at Mortons. Every staff member were pleasant and professional. I would be visiting in the future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedhuntingtonfoodieDined on 11/7/2014Heading to Morton's for a birthday celebration, we were excited for dinner. Except for the friendliness of the staff, the dinner was a big disappointment. The appetizers were very so-so (salads, tuna tower, etc) were either overdressed or lacked flavor. On to the steaks - which is the reason you go and are ready to spend the money. Of the two filet mignon that were ordered, one was extremely tough and the other was unevenly cooked -Well on one end to Rare towards the other. Unacceptable for a highly regarded steak house. The mixed seafood platter also was not good-just covered in butter. Long Island has many great restaurants so no reason to go to Morton's . It's now off our list for sure.
- YummylallvlaVIPDined on 11/3/2014It is Restaurant Week. The price for dinner was dramatically reduced. The food was delicious and the service was fabulous. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerCloserVIPDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant is beautiful. Our server was friendly and helpful. The steak was too soft and not as tasty as other steaks we`ve had. The restaurant treated us to a wonderful birthday dessert and picture. All in all a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner to celebrate a bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014celebrating my brother's 30th birthday, we had an amazing family dinner and the service was outstanding! They attended to every detail even taking a photograph to capture the event, which they gave us as part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a Good ChoicesjmstVIPDined on 10/31/2014We went here many times in the "Frank Sinatra" music days. While we kind of miss that, the service now is so good that we must give it a thumbs up. I am not sure if the decor changed that much. It perhaps seems a bit "gray." Further, in part of the dining room is a huge window showing the wine collection. Sadly, it is lit by LED/ Fluorescent lighting. Dreary and out of place. Food about as good as ever.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightNMCCDined on 10/31/2014Went with 3 girlfriends on a Friday night. The staff was extremely friendly and the food was absolutely delicious. I would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Not just steakwhereweatethisweekDined on 10/31/2014Mortons is a very good steak house, but it is not just steak, at the bar they have great sliders, if you are not in the mood for a steak their fish dishes and specials are excellent, everything they serve is in my opinion better than many other upscale steak houses.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014As always we looked foward to dinner at Mortons. We are frequent patrons but this nite decided to try the Halloween special. The food was good as usual but we felt like the service was way too rushed . The servers were always looking to clear our plates immediately. I am not sure if this was due to the discount meal or just wanting to turn tables quickly I hope this is not the beginning of my husband and I finding a new neighborhood steak house.Special Features:
- Marvelous Morton'sgourmetguru12345Dined on 10/31/2014Fabulous dinners, bautiful ambience - great special evenings with great pricesSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellenttikkunDined on 10/31/2014The staff is personable and the food and service always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss a Dinner at Morton'sprettymamaDined on 10/27/2014Not just another steak house restaurant. The service was fantastic. Waiter, maitre d' as well as restaurant manager went above and beyond to make my 11 year old feel welcome and special for his birthday dinner. Excellent food! Upscale atmosphere! Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impressiveSagHarborDiner4everVIPDined on 10/25/2014As good as a steakhouse can be. Food was fabulous Service was truly impeccable Don't understand how a chain can be this special. Run, don't walkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Steve28203Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went to Morton's for our 22nd wedding anniversary. From the moment we walked in we were treated like royalty. Our waitress Michelle was spot on with her recommendations. The drinks were great and our dinner was incredible! A complimentary dessert with a candle for our anniversary was an unexpected surprise and was also delicious! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhnjt300VIPDined on 10/18/2014I eat at lot of the top restaurants in the NY Metro area. I wanted to go into NYC, but my dining partners wanted to stay local. We settled on Morton's in Great Neck. The food was okay, IMO the onion soup was the best part. The steak was nothing to write home about. When you charge more for a porterhouse for two than the best steakhouse in NYC or the USA, it should at least be cooked right. Not just be an unseasoned piece of meat. Also, the steak sauce selection needs a little help. For the price it cost for three people, with a cheap bottle of wine, a soup for everyone, a porterhouse for two, a filet, three sides, and desserts, you could have dined at a well respected/rated restaurant, not a chain steakhouse. Will look elsewhere.
- Great food and ambianceM5driverDined on 10/12/2014I arrived and the parking lot is a decent size with valet service which is important to me because I hate parking my car on the street. We were greeted upon entering the restaurant and seated immediately by friendly staff. Our waitress was very friendly but for a slow Sunday night we waited way too long for the food. We had to ask for bread for the table twice before it was finally brought out. Everyone seemed preoccupied with laying the tables and polishing the utensils and glasses for the next days worth of business. Food came out and it was perfect! The ribeye was to die for and the escargot wa great. Our waitress apolagized for the wait and all was well. The place is very expensive but along the lines of most high end steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksSgh81Dined on 10/5/2014Great place for a steak and food in general was great , my wife and I went there for our anniversary and were treated very well by staff and host. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a night out or for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatReturningdinerDined on 10/3/2014I found the service to be disjointed. My appetizer was served before the wine. My entre also came first without sides... there seemed to be a lack of bus persons, so I found myself having to move dirty dishes to the end of the table. I had to ask the server to keep the sparkling water on ice. We were early (5pm) , no crowd to account for all of this. I found my filet mignon slightly tough... unexpected at $41 for 6oz. We will stick to Ruth's Chris for steak, though the pork chop was the best! Appreciate the varied menu, and creative choices. The general manager, an affable fellow, had the loudest voice in the room, and discussed football with the neighboring table at length. We will give it a third try.Special Features:
- Jc2014JC2014Dined on 10/1/2014We were there for my husband‘s birthday. They acknowledged his birthday and served complimentary dessert along with what we ordered. Service was outstanding. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Pricey and the sides and appetizers were nothing to write home about. The steak was decent but I've had better at many other steakhouses. Spend your money elsewhere unless you are a fan of 80's decor.
- always excellentspeechrfmVIPDined on 9/27/2014Celebrated hubbies birthday. Always welcoming and personal touch. Very good food made exactly the way we want it. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Though the waitress was sufficient on her wait service, I prefer wait staff short & sweet in 'cordial' conversation & not get into a lengthy conversation of where they're from or where they want to live. Also, for some reason waitresses & waiters in general always address the male customer how things are throughout the meal as if the female counter part isn't there. Didn't care for sitting in a dining room with open kitchen concept.
- Pricey but delicious!!Luv2eatsteakDined on 9/22/2014We went to dinner for our 40th Anniversary! It was a Monday night so the restaurant was very quiet. The host and wait staff was very friendly and effecient.... The prices were quite expensive, but we expected that for a steak house! The shrimp cocktail was huge, and just perfection!! The steaks were delicious as was all the side dishes! We shared a piece of carrot cake for dessert, it was not the best, a little dry! I thought for $13.00 a slice it should have been better!! Also I thought $15 & $17 was quite excessive for a glass of wine! I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions, because it does make a huge dent in your wallet....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePatLDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent as usual but the service really went above and beyond !! Lisa was a gem , we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here and everything was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bounced BackMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had stayed away for a while after our New Year's experience and were hesitant to come back, but a birthday gift card paved the way. We are so glad we did! The place has been renovated / modernized and it looks fresh. More importantly the food was back up to the standards we had grown to love. Everything aspect of our meal was fresh, quality, and delicious. My filet was tender and juicy and tasted great without the need of any sauce or accompaniment. My wife said her shrimp was equally succulent. My Onion Soup as a starter was the best I had ever had at a Morton's. We are so relieved that our favorite place has bounced back. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but...MellyDined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the staff was very kind but the tables are too densely packed close to each other people passing behind you or getting to the table next to you is always an issue. This was noticed 3 times already out of four visits. One of the occasions we were given a booth and that was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeA1111Dined on 9/13/2014On our first trip to Morton ' s we had a great time, we usually go to Ruth Chris but I liked the ambiance of Morton ' s much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My whole family loves Morton'sFoodluvers4Dined on 9/13/2014My family and I have celebrated many occasions at Morton's. We have never been disappointed. Even my picky mother-in-law loved it! It is always our first choice for fine food , wine and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit dissapointedglassmasterDined on 9/11/2014I have been going to Morton's for several years now. I have always had a great experience there, until this time. There were 2 things that were annoying. The Caesar salad had very little dressing on it, had to hunt and peck for pieces of green that had dressing on them, because it was extremely dry otherwise. The mashed potatoes were barely warm when served, became cold in only a couple of minutes. To be fair, I did not complain about either thing while I was there, so they probably would have made it right given the opportunity. I would only say that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOUGHT BY LANDRYS IN 2012fiidie88Dined on 9/8/2014I have been to pretty much ever steak house in NY except Mortons. Have been to BurtonDoyle, BobbyVans, Sparks, Smith & Woolensky, Gallaghers, Ruth Chris, Keene's & always wanted to go to Morton's. I got the Porter House for one, fish tacos, Creamed Spinach, and Truffle Parm fries. Steak was not impressive in size or taste. Size was not what a $59 steak should look like. When it first came out was like 'oh, thats small'. Truffle Parm fries were fries. No hint of anything special. Fish tacos were good as was creamed spinach. Got home and read Food Conglomerate Landrys bought out Morton's in 2012 and it all made sense. Wish I had gone b4 they turned it into a 'Cheese Cake Factory'. Tasted like catered fare not a great steak house.
- Excellent Dining Experiencepinklady13VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night. The food was excellent and the service by Amanda and her team, Michael, Dan, David, Carlos, Ryan and George. It is experiences like this which always make us feel special and make us want to return to Morton's as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food quality and exceptional service. My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience and we look very forward to the next time.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceGraceWongDined on 9/5/2014Our first time at Morton's but I see many more visits in our future, especially for celebrations. Service was great. Staff was ultra friendly and customer service oriented. Food was divine. I had the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella for an appetizer, a filet mignon with au poivre sauce and sautéed brussel sprouts with bacon, truffle fries and the peach blueberry cobble. I would have that entire meal again except maybe for the fries, which were tasty but matchstick sized. I think their menu description indicated that but I didn't see past the truffle oil. All in all, a most pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium Rare, Please. NOT!svcaramiaDined on 9/5/2014I love to go to Morton's even have our annual Christmas party there. But for some reason I NEVER get my steak done to the desired temperature I request. I ask for medium-rare I get medium almost all the time. Well, except for one year where it was raw!. The outside looked cooked but the inside was black and blue. To make matters worse the head waiter asked if he could slice the steak for me and I said OK. He butchered the steak something terrible! It looked like it should go into a chili dish it was so badly cut up. I was not happy especially when I spent $3000 for a party of 10. That being said I do like the deserts. Although this last time the chocolate tower of running chocolate did not have running lava. It was overcooked and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationGreatNeckNYcoupleDined on 8/30/2014I had noted a birthday celebration with my reservation. Before we even got to our fable, 3 different Morton's staff wished my husband a happy birthday! We received a personalized menu, a special photo and a complimentary dessert. We had a wonderful evening :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The finestJFMMTMVIPDined on 8/28/2014Mortons never fails to make your dining experience the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.