Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
777 Northern Blvd.
Great Neck, NY 11020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 5164982950x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45 pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Join us for Power Hour in the bar for specially priced drinks & Bar Bites available M-F from 5:00 - 6:30pm and 9pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Great Neck hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/greatneck
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (61)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Pricey and the sides and appetizers were nothing to write home about. The steak was decent but I've had better at many other steakhouses. Spend your money elsewhere unless you are a fan of 80's decor.
- always excellentspeechrfmVIPDined on 9/27/2014Celebrated hubbies birthday. Always welcoming and personal touch. Very good food made exactly the way we want it. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Though the waitress was sufficient on her wait service, I prefer wait staff short & sweet in 'cordial' conversation & not get into a lengthy conversation of where they're from or where they want to live. Also, for some reason waitresses & waiters in general always address the male customer how things are throughout the meal as if the female counter part isn't there. Didn't care for sitting in a dining room with open kitchen concept.
- Pricey but delicious!!Luv2eatsteakDined on 9/22/2014We went to dinner for our 40th Anniversary! It was a Monday night so the restaurant was very quiet. The host and wait staff was very friendly and effecient.... The prices were quite expensive, but we expected that for a steak house! The shrimp cocktail was huge, and just perfection!! The steaks were delicious as was all the side dishes! We shared a piece of carrot cake for dessert, it was not the best, a little dry! I thought for $13.00 a slice it should have been better!! Also I thought $15 & $17 was quite excessive for a glass of wine! I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions, because it does make a huge dent in your wallet....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePatLDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent as usual but the service really went above and beyond !! Lisa was a gem , we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here and everything was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but...MellyDined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the staff was very kind but the tables are too densely packed close to each other people passing behind you or getting to the table next to you is always an issue. This was noticed 3 times already out of four visits. One of the occasions we were given a booth and that was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeA1111Dined on 9/13/2014On our first trip to Morton ' s we had a great time, we usually go to Ruth Chris but I liked the ambiance of Morton ' s much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My whole family loves Morton'sFoodluvers4Dined on 9/13/2014My family and I have celebrated many occasions at Morton's. We have never been disappointed. Even my picky mother-in-law loved it! It is always our first choice for fine food , wine and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit dissapointedglassmasterDined on 9/11/2014I have been going to Morton's for several years now. I have always had a great experience there, until this time. There were 2 things that were annoying. The Caesar salad had very little dressing on it, had to hunt and peck for pieces of green that had dressing on them, because it was extremely dry otherwise. The mashed potatoes were barely warm when served, became cold in only a couple of minutes. To be fair, I did not complain about either thing while I was there, so they probably would have made it right given the opportunity. I would only say that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOUGHT BY LANDRYS IN 2012fiidie88Dined on 9/8/2014I have been to pretty much ever steak house in NY except Mortons. Have been to BurtonDoyle, BobbyVans, Sparks, Smith & Woolensky, Gallaghers, Ruth Chris, Keene's & always wanted to go to Morton's. I got the Porter House for one, fish tacos, Creamed Spinach, and Truffle Parm fries. Steak was not impressive in size or taste. Size was not what a $59 steak should look like. When it first came out was like 'oh, thats small'. Truffle Parm fries were fries. No hint of anything special. Fish tacos were good as was creamed spinach. Got home and read Food Conglomerate Landrys bought out Morton's in 2012 and it all made sense. Wish I had gone b4 they turned it into a 'Cheese Cake Factory'. Tasted like catered fare not a great steak house.
- Excellent Dining Experiencepinklady13VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night. The food was excellent and the service by Amanda and her team, Michael, Dan, David, Carlos, Ryan and George. It is experiences like this which always make us feel special and make us want to return to Morton's as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food quality and exceptional service. My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience and we look very forward to the next time.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceGraceWongDined on 9/5/2014Our first time at Morton's but I see many more visits in our future, especially for celebrations. Service was great. Staff was ultra friendly and customer service oriented. Food was divine. I had the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella for an appetizer, a filet mignon with au poivre sauce and sautéed brussel sprouts with bacon, truffle fries and the peach blueberry cobble. I would have that entire meal again except maybe for the fries, which were tasty but matchstick sized. I think their menu description indicated that but I didn't see past the truffle oil. All in all, a most pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium Rare, Please. NOT!svcaramiaDined on 9/5/2014I love to go to Morton's even have our annual Christmas party there. But for some reason I NEVER get my steak done to the desired temperature I request. I ask for medium-rare I get medium almost all the time. Well, except for one year where it was raw!. The outside looked cooked but the inside was black and blue. To make matters worse the head waiter asked if he could slice the steak for me and I said OK. He butchered the steak something terrible! It looked like it should go into a chili dish it was so badly cut up. I was not happy especially when I spent $3000 for a party of 10. That being said I do like the deserts. Although this last time the chocolate tower of running chocolate did not have running lava. It was overcooked and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationGreatNeckNYcoupleDined on 8/30/2014I had noted a birthday celebration with my reservation. Before we even got to our fable, 3 different Morton's staff wished my husband a happy birthday! We received a personalized menu, a special photo and a complimentary dessert. We had a wonderful evening :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The finestJFMMTMDined on 8/28/2014Mortons never fails to make your dining experience the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak Housefoodman13VIPDined on 8/27/2014I choose Morton's as the location for a business dinner. The ambiance was quite good for that purpose. I am a fan of cajun rib eye steaks. The offering was small, thin, over cooked (I ordered it medium and it was dry in the center) and the spicing was lacking in flavor. Two people ordered the porter house for two. It loooked quite good and they were happy with their choice. With plenty of other steak houses to choose from, Morton's needs to step up their game.Special Features:
- gaitorDined on 8/27/2014just a great dining experience. The food and service were perfect and the summer special consisting of a three course dinner for $40.00 was a terrific valueSpecial Features:
- KarrieVIPDined on 8/26/2014The service was excellent! The food was delicious. Great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Hot SpotLegalAlienDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I frequent Morton's for a great food and amazing service experience. Have NEVER been let down!Special Features:
- Morton's Great NeckOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Service was prompt though our server could have been more friendly. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It keeps getting betterMarcieMZVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was tasty and made to the temperature we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceboop716VIPDined on 8/16/2014the food was amazing, the service outstanding. we weren't rushed on Saturday night, everything came out at a great pace and cooked to perfection. forgot how good this place was and will definitely be heading back soon. excellent time had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!FabulousFoodieeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely love everything about Mortons! The steak is always cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent PerfectionChrisRhyne1Dined on 8/9/2014I go to Morton's because of their consistency, quality and service. I know I will get a quality meal every time, delivered to the table with a smile. Very pleasant and knowledgeable staff. Great place. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedHomNYDined on 8/9/2014We went this past Saturday as a "just because" and we were pleasantly surprised from the moment that we arrived at Morton's...the entry foyer had been converted to all glass instead of the black wood doors that used to be there. This alone has changed the ambiance of Morton's. Add the updated bar, revamped dining room and sections, and the removal of the "booths" to open up the area to the bar are wonderful upgrades. Staff and management are always attentive as they should be, and the visit from the General Manager, Michael Enright, at the end of the meal to make sure that everything was "perfect" was a great touch. We look forward to coming back again, as we have been using Morton's for years.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!bestbiteDined on 8/9/2014The menu had a variety of choices which is quite refreshing. The food was cooked to our specifications. Allison (at the front) and Dan (our head waiter) were truly amazing. They were very hospitable on each of our visits. This was our second time and we will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Weekend Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014There are always great menu specials and my last visit was no exception. Top notch food and staff.Special Features:
- Morton's Great Neck Always GreatnicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014Another return visit to one of my favorite steakhouses. Again I took advantage of one of their excellent promotional specials - Salad, Entre, Side & Dessert for $40. Consistently good quality food & courteous service. A guaranteed fine-dining experience. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantannmarieVIPDined on 8/6/2014I liked the service and the food was so good. Ni would come and enjoy this establishment againSpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Our servers were Maria and Danielle. They were friendly and very hospitable. These 2 young ladies were very knowledgeable and familiar with the restaurant's menu. Great place with great people!Special Features:
- A fun birthday celebrationFoodie2Dined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a friends birthday on Saturday night at mortons and it was truly enjoyable.....they had menus printed with the birthday boys name on it! Took a group photo for us and gave him a complimentary dessert..... Everyone enjoyed their meal and had a great time....Special Features:
- Delicious as usualGaileyDined on 7/31/2014You can never go wrong @ Morton's, the staff & service are impeccable and the food is always prepared as we requested. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFMMTMDined on 7/27/2014A place not to be missed. Food, service , ambiance, all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!AJL07093Dined on 7/26/2014Mortons in Great Neck was an outstanding dining experience. Every member of the team made you feel welcome and every need was attended to promptly and with a smile!Special Features:
- coldLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 7/24/2014no real ambiance, a little sterile and cold. crab cake was more like a fish cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodgaitorDined on 7/18/2014the food and service were outstanding...waiting for guests at the bar was a very pleasant experience and my expresso martini was superbSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014My wife and I went on our monthly date. Besides the great food our waitress Nikki was the best..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!RealredDined on 7/8/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate my husband's birthday. When I make the reservations I indicated that in the comments section. Upon arrival they greeted us by name and once we were seated gave us personalized menus that said 'happy birthday Michael from Morton's the steakhouse'. That was was very cute reasonable touch. Our appetizer, salads, steak, sides, and dessert were all top quality and cooked to perfection. Our servers were friendly and nice as well. Overall we had a very enjoyable birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday CelebrationCinderellaDined on 7/8/2014It was my birthday and a memorable one. To start, my name was on the menu which was a pleasant surprise. From the Escargot to the raspberry sorbet, every morsel or food was tasty, well-prepared and cooked to perfection. Morton's would definitely be a restaurant that I would return to. The restaurant treated us like royalty. To top the evening, a picture was taken of our table and given back to us in 5 minutes in a Morton's frame. Perfection.Special Features: