Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown
3251 Prospect St NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/georgetown
- Phone: 2023426258x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Power Hour: Sunday - Thursday from Open - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Washington DC (Georgetown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/georgetown
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (22)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Mediocre restaurant week mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2013Went here for restaurant week. Had to specifically ask for the restaurant week menu when it was not mentioned at all by the server. Steak was overcooked. Tables were too close together and it was difficult to have a conversation while overhearing conversations on both sides of our table. Would not go here again.
- The new decor really takestraveller1543Dined on 8/24/2013The new decor really takes away from the experience. I felt like I was in hotel restaurant. The food was good as always. Service was bit lacking. This was my last visit to them. I want to remember Morton's as it was, not how it is now.
- The best French Onion Soup!!!!Satisfied923Dined on 8/23/2013Many restaurants make drench onion soup but not as savory as Morton's!!!! They are known for their steaks but I had a barbecue salmon that washout of this world! I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the whole lobster specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013I had the whole lobster special meal (for one day only), and it was very good. As always, I love the ambiance and level of service provided by the staff. I'll definitely be returning soon!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2013Perhaps it's because we went during Restaurant Week but I'd asked if the quality of the food was the same as when it's not RW (we've encountered lower quality goods during this time at some of DC's top restaurants and when confronted the staff admits that they do not serve their regular quality meats in an effort to offset their costs during RW) but the hostess assured me it was the same. Really? I've eaten at Morton's any number of times and have always enjoyed my steak yet this time it arrived looking drab and alone on my plate; presentation was nil, the meat flavorless, the color dull and the texture slightly tough due to having been overcooked. So much for the great birthday dinner I'd anticipated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with marginal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2013My wife and I went to Morton's for a night in the town with another couple who has never been to Morton's in Georgetown. We ordered filet mignon which was simply outstanding. The other couple was impressed with the food as well. The service by the waiter was rather disappointing though the supporting cast was professional and friendly. I asked for coffee after the meal and I was told to wait by the waiter. I felt as if he was not happy that we sat at one of his tables. A bit disappointed because otherwise it would’ve been a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2013The food was outstanding! The service was exceptional! We attended to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. We were surprised by a photo gift for our special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outGracewahlDined on 8/21/2013Went here for Restaurant Week and had an amazing three courses. Onion soup, six oz filet with mashed potatoes and key lime pie for dessert. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Sat outside and were one of the first ones to the restaurant for a 7pm reservation. Had attentive serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedANavDined on 8/20/2013My husband and I dined here for Restaurant week. It seemed like a huge value since the cost of our steak on their regular menu was more than the complete restaurant week price. However, it seems like you get what you pay for here. We started with two different salads, the Morton's and the spinich. They were both fine, nothing spectacular. We both ordered the 6oz fillet medium rare. However, the seaks were so unevenly cut, that half the steak (the thicker side) was perfect while the other side was way over done. The steaks also had little flavor. The sides were fine again but nothing great. The dessert was the best part so leave room!
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013Very special occasion deserves good food, great service, and a relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!FriendFabDined on 8/9/2013The waiter was fabulous and made the time enjoyable; as well as we enjoyed the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveJCEatsVIPDined on 7/26/2013I dont mind paying a lot for a great meal, but this meal cost way to much for the quality. The only thing to brag about were the french fries.
- One of my favorite steakhousesJBCookDined on 7/23/2013I'm a foodie when it comes to good steak, and I've always loved Morton's steaks since I started going there for my birthday a few years ago. This past visit was a birthday dinner for me, again, and I loved everything--like always. My service was impeccable from the wait staff to the managers coming to the table to check on our service. The ambience is very calming, trendy, and quiet. If you're looking for a romantic spot, definitely go to Morton's. My boyfriend and I had the 6oz filet mignon (cooked medium), loaded baked potato, and bacon mac & cheese, which were all wonderful. There is a sommelier for wine pairings, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for steak...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013If you want a nice steak and you're expensing it, this is an ideal spot. Food was all solidly good, atmosphere is nice, and service is reasonably attentive, but nothing about Morton's is so amazing that it warrants what it costs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerLuv2DineDined on 7/11/2013I had previously been to the Morton's in Bethesda, but it doesnt even compare to the Morton's in Georgetown! It was fantastic!!! We went on a week night to celebrate our anniversary, and they treated us like royalty. The location is great, and perfect for walking around before or after lunch/dinner. The food was excellent and prepared perfectly to our liking, and the wine list had great variety. The new decor was beautiful and modern. The service was great and the GM stopped by to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I cannot wait to go back, and I want to go soon. We had dinner in the dining area, but I want to go back and try the bar for happy hour or the outdoor seating area - it was just that good! I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss some of the old charmWahooVIPDined on 7/8/2013Miss some of the old charm of Morton's but the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAYSundayDinnerVIPDined on 6/29/2013I WAS DISAPPOINTED ON THIS VISIT BECAUSE OF THE SERVICE. WHEN I MADE MY RESERVATION I REQUESTED A SPECIFIC WAITER, DANIEL. SO WHEN WE GOT THERE I REMINDED THE HOST ABOUT MY REQUEST. WE WAITED 20 MINUTES BEFORE ANYONE EVEN CAME TO OUR TABLE. THEN DANIEL DIDNT COME IT WAS REGGIE, WHO EXPLAINED THAT DANIEL HAD OTHER TABLES & HE WOULD BE HELPING HIM OUT WITH US, THEY WOULD WORK AS A TEAM. DANIEL EVEN STOPPED PAST TO APOLOGIZE & THANK US FOR REQUESTING HIM. THE PROBLEM I HAD WASNT WITH DANIEL OR REGGIE BECAUSE THEY WERE BOTH DOING THERE JOB, THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE HOST BECAUSE HE SHOULD HAVE INFORMED US OF THE SITUATION & LET US CHOOSE NOT TO WAIT FOR DANIEL. WE WERE THERE FOR 2 1/2 HOURS!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseCher7Dined on 6/29/2013Had the 8 oz filet mignon. Was cooked perfectly and extremely tender. I would have preferred a little more seasoning. Steak was perfect with a little added salt. The mac and cheese was delicious. So was my salad with pear and blue cheese. We had the chocolate mousse and crème brulee for dessert...both outstanding. Ambience was very nice with a modern feel to it. We had good service.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperiencefoodloverVIPDined on 6/22/2013My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Morton's in Georgetown--her favorite restaurant. We were warmly welcomed, given a very nice table and provided with exceptionally good service. Every menu item we ordered was delicious. We started with shrimp cocktails, followed by the spinach salad. My wife ordered the bone-in rib eye steak and I ordered the 8 ounce filet mignon. Both were tender and flavorful. Our dessert selection was the apple pie with ice cream which we shared. It was a treat. The manager took our picture and presented it to us during the meal and the dessert was complementary, since it was our anniversary. We love this restaurant and highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Chicago Style ribCrazyDufferDined on 6/16/2013Fantastic Chicago Style rib eye medium rare with blue cheese crust. Just as good as Chicago. My number one steak place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal for four was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2013Our meal for four was delicious - from the fresh, warm bread to the salads (great Caesar) and soup (onion) to the meat and sides. Our party split an order of Brussels sprouts and one of mac and cheese. Both were amazing. We all ordered different cuts of meat and they were all cooked as requested with delicious flavor and texture. We splurged and ordered (at the beginning of our meal) a raspberry souffle - what a treat...light and sweet and definitely enough for the four of us. The service was attentive but not hovering. We stayed for a long time and did not feel rushed. We would definitely recommend Morton's for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Graduation Special OccasionJeffDined on 6/5/2013Our daughter graduated from high school and we wanted to take her some place special. The entire staff from the valet to the bus staff were wonderful and made all of us feel great about being there The waiter was timely, made awesome suggestions, and was funny too. We will be back there even if not a special occasion!!!!!!Special Features:
- Suprised at the remodelingWahooVIPDined on 5/26/2013Suprised at the remodeling that really opend up the dining exerience. Food was also suprisingly good after the takeove by Landry. Management and staff very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2013Morton's was very good and the menu is somewhat varied with a few more seafood additions. However, it is ridiculously priced...so come prepared with a full wallet...that can be emptied. The service and food were very good, although the onion loaf bread is tiresome, if you frequently visit Morton's. Enjoy....but buyer beware!!Special Features:
- Everything was greatTinaDined on 5/19/2013Went to Morton's to celebrate and was worried because it was a "chain" restaurant. Everything was wonderful. They knew we were there to celebrate and made it extra special. I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great staff PriceyjsenneDined on 5/18/2013Good food great staff Pricey but worth it for special occasions. Very comfortable bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBillCDined on 5/18/2013I used to go to Morton's fairly frequently but haven't been in a few years. The steak is still great and is still up to par. The wine steward told me that they had recently been purchased by Landry's and had just changed decor and processes. The casino decor is bad. The waiter was difficult to understand (combination of noise and accent). Staples were gone like the soufflé. And overall I felt rushed. If this is there future plan I won't be back.
- You can always depend on Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2013Great atmosphere and excellent staff! We were visiting and had not been to Georgetown yet so decided to go with Morton's as you know their food is Always top notch. The restaurant was newly renovated, very contemporary yet comfortable and classy. The wait staff was very attentive . We were impressived as having dined at several places throughout the week we had found the service yo be lacking at most restaurants! Morton's delivers great food and excellent service. I had the Tuna tower - excellent ! And the sea bass - beyond compare!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Once again, in Georgetown, this time for my son's graduation from AU, we chose Morton's for our celebratory dinner and the experience was flawless! Service was perfect. The food, as usual, was above reproach. We had a nice stop at the bar on the way in, as our table was politely held, in spite of the room being so busy. Steak was spot on -- best you can find! My wife loved her (ugh) chicken. Seafood appetizers (scallops and oysters!) were perfect. Desserts were delicious but not overly sweet, just too good despite being so "filled" from dinner. Finally, as usual, the pacing was measured and precise. This experience (and today's praise hides a closet critic who does not mind finding fault), was the topper -- ideal in every way.Special Features:
- Excellent Food awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013Despite 2 stars never going back. Food was really good but service was so bad no reason to choose this over the many other excellent steak houses in the area. Unfortunately I well exceeded the space limitations in trying to describe how bad the service was, but bottom line is service was unacceptable for any restaurant, especially one as pricey as this. They seem to have a collective server approach, which in our case meant no one really seemed responsible for us, and we had to take initiative to flag down waiters, some of whom actually brought us what we asked and some of whom didn't. Bottom line is no way we're going back.
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013I cannot say enough good things about Morton's in Georgetown. I booked for a group of 19 and Michelle, the event coordinator, called to see if we wanted their private room, and I'm so glad she did! The room was perfect for our group. Dinner was fabulous, and Deborah made the entire evening seamless and fun. Thank you to the entire Morton's staff. Our evening was perfectly magical!Special Features:
- GREAT Food, SLOW Service 4 GROUPSOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2013Morton's (The Steakhouse) is a nice place for date night for two not for larger groups. I booked reservations for a large party of 14 and my group became a party of 6. The restaurant was very accommodating to my group but the service was SLOW this particular evening. Initially, the waiter was attentive to our party but our meals came out intermittently. It appeared that once some of our food arrived the waiter no longer was interested in taking care of our group . His attention was focused on the new customers arriving. I constantly flagged someone for water, bread, condiments and utensils. I expected better service from Morton's for the menu prices. Overall, The FOOD was EXCELLENT!!!! I will return...only on date night with my hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicegrayter1Dined on 5/10/2013Incredible food and outstanding service. We were treated extremely well from the moment we walked in the door. The staff took care of our every need,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2013I am a big Mortons fan and the only disappointment was the very undercooked steaks my coworker and I had. Medium rare is the norm and to have it come out blue was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Excellent service and food - made our daughter's 16th birthday celebration a very special and memorable evening.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding - betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Food was outstanding - better than LA. Loved the carrot cake and I don't usually eat desert; Daniel our server was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Had a wonderful meal. ThesandybVIPDined on 4/20/2013Had a wonderful meal. The food was very good and it is always consistent at Mortons. Especially love how the wine list is affordable. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Morton's is the place to go181160VIPDined on 4/12/2013Morton's is the place to go to if you want a good steak in Washington D.C. And your steak will be served the way you want it. Morton's is the place to go if you want a really good experience. Will be back!Special Features:
- Food was fabulous. WaiteritzdapitzDined on 4/5/2013Food was fabulous. Waiter was outstanding and very helpful with menu selections. Service was way above and beyond. Ambiance is a little more modern than traditional Morton's but still very nice and cleanSpecial Features:
- Easter Perfect MealSundayDinnerVIPDined on 3/31/2013Our waiter, Daniel, was a gem! He was right on point with his suggestions for dinner. The host was also great, he came over & chatted with us for a while & asked how our experience was going. I apologize for not remembering his name, but I do remember him saying he was an actor. Also be sure to ask about the unadvertised specials, they had a terrific steak/seafood special for $59!! Definitely plan on returning again real soon & requesting Daniel again!!Special Features: