Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown
3251 Prospect St NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/georgetown
- Phone: 2023426258x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Power Hour: Sunday - Thursday from Open - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Morton's in Washington DC (Georgetown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/georgetown
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Server with an Attitude2CruuseDined on 10/19/2014Went to celebrate my birthday here and was served by someone who should have taken the evening off. Not friendly; no smiles; long waits; overall baaaad experience. We won't be back. There are other Morton's that I'd give my money to.
- Not worth the moneygeorgetownboundDined on 10/17/2014We went last night as we were in town for Parents weekend for our son. Reservation was at 8:15 and we were not served dinner till 9:45. we had to send one steak back for being undercooked. couldn't find our waiter to send the steak back and then couldn't find our waiter to get the check. We may have hit it on a busy night. Bill for 6 of us was $450-2 beers and no dessert. It was okay but for that kind of money, we will try somewhere else.
- Over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014After three attempts to cook the filet to the correct temperature my wife opted to just eat her sides. Very slow and understaffed; however, the server was very apologetic and comped the desserts.
- To Go was PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2014We ordered everything to go as we were staying in a hotel. The steaks were just perfect and they made everyone very happy. Sides delicious too.
- BravoGoeyDined on 10/14/2014Still one the finest chop houses in the country. The quality is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expense account appropriateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014expensive but delivers on the food- especially steaks. the upsells are a little tacky. our server, Georgina, was absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- Great service/food as alwayskarimazDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I go to Mortons for our anniversary almost every year. Even though they have changed their menu and presentation since we were there last, the food and service was still outstanding. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceCathyDined on 9/27/2014I chose Morton's since it was my friend's birthday and she wanted steak. I was called that day to ask her name, when we arrived the wonderful warm and welcoming hostess provided us a lovely outside table and we were given special birthday menu's. The service was outstanding, helpful, friendly and just the right amount of attention. The food was wonderful, every bite fantastic, and then my friend was given a surprise desert - again fantastic chocolate cake and ice cream with a candle mounted in a strawberry. In addition, the hostess took a picture and later we were given the picture in a card wishing her a happy birthday. What I thought was going to be a nice meal out to celebrate a birthday became a real special event.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014We have been to the Morton's in Troy, MI, several times and it is one of our favorite restaurants. The one in Georgetown was disappointing at best…my friend's steak was ordered well done and it was was charred to ashes. We had also had a negative experience with a steak at the Troy restaurant as well, so based on those two recent experiences, we will not return to Morton's any time soon.
- Always reliableKimvaDined on 8/19/2014Morton's is always reliable to have great service, food and ambience. Definitely will recommend Morton's in Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific service and wonderful foodNuka87VIPDined on 8/17/2014We recently dined at Morton's on A Sunday evening to celebrate my son's birthday AND took advantage of restaurant week. We received a friendly welcome and the staff made my son feel very special on his birthday. The waiter and all the staff were extremely accommodating, offered to take a photo of us (grandma was along for the celebration) and sent us home with keepsakes. The food was EXCELLENT, as usual. The filet mignon, chicken Christopher and salmon were prepared exactly as ordered and seasoned well. The portion sizes were generous. Dessert (chocolate mousse and key lime pie) was fabulous. This is a first-class restaurant where the food customer service are outstanding. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steaks, Restaurant WeekDocDDined on 8/16/2014Came for Restaurant Week but ended up ordering from menu -- so many excellent meals to select from. Steaks were awesome; appetizer of mozzarella & prosciutto was awesome; cheesecake dessert was awesome & very BEST we ever had! Restaurant ambience in Georgetown was excellent, classic/classy. Only negative about the evening was our waiter. All other tables appeared to have very attentive, awesome waiters; we had the only dud waiter in the whole house. Our waiter could barely be found -- from filling drinks, providing condiments, or just checking on us, our waiter was mostly missing-in-action. Several times, waiters from other tables ended up helping us as they noticed us we needed service. If not for the dud, would've been a 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a sure thing!AnjiVIPDined on 8/2/2014I've celebrated many special occasions at this location and they've never let me down. Regular date night with my fiancée was no different. Choice meats, tasty sides, and who can resist the chocolate cake with warm chocolate oozing from the center?Special Features:
- DisappointedcarpetbaggerDined on 8/2/2014Morton's still serves a great steak. However, I'm just not sure it's worth the price when you consider that EVERYTHING else is a la carte. Also, the wait staff seems more interested in being pretentious than truly listening to your needs and/or pleasing you. We were there on a Saturday night; it was virtually empty, yet they still hurried us through our dinner (our waitress insisted on interrupting our dinner to tell us the desert specials even though we were busy talking and enjoying our steaks). The wine list was incredibly over-priced (selling $ 7 bottles for $ 55). would never again shell out $$ 100 per person for this !!
- Excellent service/food--high priceGollyGeeDined on 8/2/2014Had the mixed meal of filet mignon, scallops and shrimp. Excellent food. Scallops were especially yummy - cooked just right which is hard to do. Steak was good but I've had better. The prosciutto wrapped cheese as an appetizer was fabulous. Service was very good and friendly. Ambiance was nice as well. Just think its a bit pricey. I understand its an upscale place and prices will follow but if they were just a tad lower, we'd come more often.Special Features:
- Avoid the BaropsanVIPDined on 7/17/2014Sorry to be negative .. I'm a Landry's Select member and made the (service) mistake of having dinner in the bar (I was alone). That said, the foold was excellent, but delivered in an improper order (salad and entrée at once) by, at best, a lackadaisical staff.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I notice that price and value are not part of your review. this is a general observation, not specific to this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceluvgooddiningDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the food and our server was good but his assistant was outstanding, we will definitely revisit Morton's soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mortons fansAlexDined on 6/29/2014We frequent the Morton's in Baltimore regularly. We were in town for the weekend and decided to visit the Georgetown location. The only shortcoming was that our filets both came out under cooked. We sent them back and they returned a second time still what we felt as under cooked (the server even hinted at them being under cooked the 2nd time). Other than that, the meal was excellent and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 526 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Georgetown reviews archive.
- Poor serviceBedheadDined on 6/21/2014Great food. Stopped the table side presentation...big mistake. Slow, terrible waiter.Special Features:
- Nice dineProm2014Dined on 6/6/2014My son enjoyed his first time experience. The food was great and the waiter was very helpful in helping him make an entree choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adult diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014For wife's birthday we decided to go for a relaxed meal at a restaurant known for its traditional quality rather than seeking what's "hot" this month with the critics and foodies. As expected we were seated right away, met our waiter (Scott... a real professional), birthday photo taken, and champagne in hand in just a few minutes. The oysters Rockefeller are still among the best anywhere and the bone-in rib eye that we shared was cooked to perfection. The hot chocolate cake for desert required another champagne! The noise level allowed easy, relaxed conversation and the staff was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- GoldfingerDined on 5/24/2014This was our anniversary it was beautiful. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Succulent PorterhouseGayConnoisseurVIPDined on 5/18/2014My partner and I dropped in for dinner and had a superb experience. We shared the lettuce wedge salad, lobster bisque, and the 24 ounce porterhouse, which was cooked to perfection! For dessert we had the chocolate souffle, which I would recommend to anyone. It was a truly delightful experience and we plan to be back for dinner later this month for my birthday and in July for my partner's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaklover8Dined on 5/17/2014We have been going to Mortons for several years now and the food and service has never disappointed. A must for steak lovers.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner (inc the VP)rcs249VIPDined on 5/17/2014We decided to have a nice Saturday evening dinner and as the weather were good, we ate out on the patio. Every single item we had was absolutely delicious. About midway through the meal we noticed an officer with a bomb or drug sniffing dog making several passes and then the secret service came out with their black SUVs and the marked car, and rumor has it the VP slipped in through a side door was having a private dinner. That says it all about the quality of the food, and made for interesting conversation and people watching!Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerhobart16Dined on 5/17/2014We went to Morton's for a graduation dinner with a group of 12. The service was excellent, attentive, friendly and we had some folks who were late so on a Saturday graduation night they might have been a bit pushy to move us as we were there early, but they weren't. Highly recommended. Don't forget your wallet.Special Features:
- Good staff but priceyFoodLoverDined on 5/11/2014We all know Morton's is a pricey restaurant but I have to say charging $14 for simple french fries for my two boys is a bit over the top. I realize it's a high end steak house but a $18 glass of the house wine is just too much. It may be a while before I visit Morton's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceKarenVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Cajun rubbed Rib-eye was fantastic. The room was very cold quite a few folks complained about it.Special Features:
- ImpeccableLasloDined on 5/10/2014The food and drinks were excellent, we were welcomed and seated right away. The food and service was excellen t as was the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lost its pizzazzZanaVIPDined on 5/6/2014We used to go there in the '70's and '80's as young urban professionals in the Washington political rat race. Morton's was the place to go! Lots of noise, enthusiasm, people to see and be seen, food and wine flowing. Now, this is the second time we went there for dinner in the past year. We had heard it is not it's "old self" and it surely isn't. First , nobody but some tourists were there. The food service no longer had the table side presentation of the menu. The food itself was "OK" but, without the power atmosphere and money being thrown around, its just not the place to go anymore. Makes us sad, that's for sure! BTW, the Morton's in Reston, Va, is still its good time self!
- Amazing Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014I took my fiance to Morton's for her 30th birthday and we have an amazing time. It was a nice and quiet atmosphere that we could enjoy ourselves and have a good conversation. The menu was personalized to commemorate the occasion and each person that greeted us knew it was her birthday, so we were very impressed. Our servers were great and didn't interfere in our dinner and let us enjoy ourselves, but were never too far away that we didn't get more water or wine as we needed it. The general manager was also out several times to talk with us and was very helpful in selecting our wine choice, that was spot on! Great experience and would recommend it for anyone trying to have a nice, relaxing, or romantic eveningSpecial Features:
- AverageRLPRDined on 4/26/2014Bread was not fresh. Meat was cold in the inside. Coffee was old
- A nice experience!rodrigueteVIPDined on 4/13/2014It was my spouse's birthday and the staff at Morton's Georgetown made sure that he felt special and celebrated. Everyone, from the entrance to my waiters, kept congratulating him. Special menus were printed with his name, congratulating him; birthday cake, all the scene. It was a fantastic experience and he left the restaurant overjoyed. And, of course, the food was PERFECT as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal with friendsSTLfishloverDined on 4/12/2014I have to admit----Morton's was not our first choice, but it may be from now on when traveling to Georgetown! We were greeted promptly, and we were offered to be seated, even though our entire party was not present. The seating is comfortable, the atmosphere accommodating. The ambiance was a little noisy at first, but then settled out as we stayed. Our food was perfection, and every recommendation by our server turned out exactly as she said. She was very knowledgeable about the menu, and everyone raved about their food. One in our party had the salmon, said it was some of the best he's ever had! We even stayed and had desserts, all huge and tasty, especially the carrot cake! We ate inside, but their outdoor patio area looked fun!Special Features:
- Patio dining at its best!!BeefeaterVIPDined on 4/10/2014We sat on the patio and had a great time. We were able to watch the sporting event we wanted to on the TV in the bar, enjoy adult beverages and able to stay there till 11 pm. Food was great and our waiter was fantastic!! We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb steak181160VIPDined on 4/10/2014If you are looking for a good steak in Washington D.C. Morton's on Prospect is the place to go. Morton's will prepare you steak the way you want it. A place to visit again and again.Special Features:
- 38th AnniversaryfishntennisDined on 3/29/2014We revisited Georgetown--where we met and lived in 1976 less than a block from what is now Mortons. After visiting our old house and strolling the neighborhood, we decided on dinner at the restaurant to cap off the day. The folks made it very special event indeed, and the food was all that you would expect from this fine old establishment. The menus were printed with our names, we were given a quiet and private booth, the staff took a commemorative photograph and we concluded out meal with a wonderful dessert courtesy of Mortons. The service was impeccable. I focus on these aspects because nearly everyone knows Mortons reputation for fine steaks and seafood, and the chef did not disappoint. The five stars above say it all.Special Features:
- ExcellentdonnaVIPDined on 3/23/2014Food was outstanding - and Daniel , our server, made the evening perfectly delightful!Special Features:
- Quality Diningfiercered1Dined on 3/21/2014Amazing dining experience. Best "skinny" margarita I've ever had. Amazing service. Cajun ribeye was out of this world!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.