Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7136291946x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday beginning at 11:30am
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Catering available from menu selections. Please contact Lisa Olson at (713) 629-9589 for details.
- Special Events: Morton's in Houston (Galleria) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/houstongalleria
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston (Galleria). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wine, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Savor The Good Life. For over 30 years, the Steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private Boardroom information, worldwide location listing and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (61)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (28)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014This was in celebration of our 10 year anniversary and it was truly PERFECT in every way. We started with drinks at the bar and then were escorted to our table. Our waiter did a fantastic job and had excellent recommendations. The picture in the personalzed holder was a special touch. We thorough enjoyed our meal and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We will definitely be back and hopefully it isn't another year before we make the trip.Special Features:
- Perry's beats it. I won't be back.DanielDined on 8/30/2014The decor was 80's. The noise level was extremely and annoyingly loud. The service, however, was very good. The food was nothing special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Morton's has changed dramaticly since being taken over. It's just not the same. Food portions were smaller, there were fewer wait staff, did not get the steak display at table.Special Features:
- starVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had an extremely nice waiter. The food came quickly, cooked correctly and was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/17/2014The appetizer was delicious; however, the steaks and pork chops were disappointing. Overcooked and cold. It may have had something to do with the busy time of day and the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. I have dined here previously and the food was much better.
- hunnypot1076Dined on 8/16/2014our waitress Aura was very helpful and friendly the entire staff was very pleasant and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Wife's Birthday DinnerBirthdayDinner1Dined on 8/14/2014We choose Morton's this year for my wife's birthday dinner and it was great choice. The scallop appitizer was outstanding as was the server! Drinks from the bar were good. Of course the steaks were perfect. The only downside for our family is we just did not enjoy the bread, which is soft at Morton's buy has a "French onion" seasoning all around the bread. Overall, we want to go back and enjoy this fine resturant again. It is on par with our other two favorites, Eddie V's and Pappas Bros Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weeks 2014JayGDined on 8/14/2014Morton's The Steakhouse has a great atmosphere and some good food. I had their Houston Restaurant Weeks dinner option with their seafood sampler appetizer. A few of the proteins were overcooked but Morton's staff was kind enough to replace them. The menus are far from adventurous-- something you might expect from a restaurant in the Galleria-- but apt for a steakhouse. Aside from the atmosphere there isn't much to distinguish Morton's from other higher-tier steakhouses in Houston. I took a few points from service because our glasses ran dry on more than one occasion despite a less than full dining room. Morton's The Steakhouse is a great choice for an intimate and conventional white tablecloth dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Me and my girlfriend had gone for restaurant week. Even though we dined from the restaurant week menu i did glance through the main menu. It was filled with what looked like a very tasty land and seafood selection. The Ambiance was set to a dim light through the chandeliers. The filet which i requested to be cooked rare was exactly that, And for my partner medium-rare and was exactly that as well. My side i had Mashed Potatoes which were very delicious! The broccoli could have been cooked slightly more. Other than that I will be returning to dine here again in the near future!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014As always a great experience, everything OK as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!TibbieDined on 8/10/2014We wanted to use the Houston Restaurant Month to try out different restaurants. It was more than we could ever expect as far as good food, SERVICE, and we will be back. Just glad we chose this place from the list. Plus it is so good of these restaurants to donate to the Food Bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 29th AnniversaryIBT2013Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary in a romantic place with exceptional service, food and ambiance. Morton's The Steakhouse delivered on every level and added things like the photo and gift menu. On a scale of 1 to 10, the delivered a 10! We would highly recommend this establishment. Great service even from a highly ranked restaurant or business in general in the Houston metro area is a lost art, it's good to see it still exist at Morton's The Steakhouse Houston Galleria!Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceQualityFoodDined on 8/9/2014My first vist to Morton's and it was very nice. Service and food was good. Decided to have the selection for Houston Resturant Week and was pleased with the selections that were given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love thie placeSusieTDined on 8/9/2014Very pleased as always with the service and ambiance and we even had our kids with us! Awesome as always! Although, we are a Morton's VIP Member and usually get a complimentary drink or after dinner drink and we got nada this time and spent quite a bit!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingVFassettDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time in 2 yrs that Morton's failed to live up to our expectations. The food was fabulous as always but our service was disappointing. The waiter was very nice but made mistake after mistake all night. Normally not a deal breaker, but very disappointing considering the time and effort it takes us to schedule such an outing. Scheduling sitters and the anticipation of our favorite meal at our favorite steakhouse was a huge letdown this time. Orders can out wrong, and every request was either forgotten about or delayed beyond reasonable expectation time. It's hard to complain about where you are seated in the restaurant but we are usually seated by the kitchen in a booth and being seated in the back room was unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our family ate at Morton's by the Galleria on Saturday. We were promptly seated, our waiter was knowledgeable and gave us excellent advice. The Ahi Tuna Tower was fabulous, we all ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection. We look forward to dining at Morton's in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Two friends and I had lunch at Morton's and it was a lovely experience. We were celebrating a birthday and they made it special. They took a picture of us and gave each a copy - they even had a Happy Birthday menu! The food was good and Andrew, our server, was wonderful. (I think this was his name.) I can't wait to tell my friends about lunch at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the visitGeorgeDined on 8/7/2014The decor of the restaurant is great, modern and elegant. My g/f and I dined during Houston Restaurant Weeks. I'm not sure if it is because it's from a cheaper seasonal menu, but the food wasn't great...the sides we felt were undercooked (broccoli) and the steaks (we both ordered the 6 oz filet mignon) were underwhelming. It wasn't a bad steak, just not impressive. The desserts were the best course of the meal...very rich and delicious, we ordered the creme brule and the key lime pie. We won't be coming back.
- DeliciousGrubDined on 8/5/2014Crab cake and filet were definitely my favorite. Nice private roomsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and serviceHoustonfoodieDined on 8/5/2014This was my second time dining at this location. The food, service, and environment were perfect! If I could afford it, I would eat here 3 times a day, 365 days a year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Morton'sMimiDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Morton's Steak House. The staff made us feel welcome and they were concerned about our dietary restrictions. We will return to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FabulousGrandmaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Delicious food.. Soufle was excellent.....Morton's does not disappoint. Loved it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !st Time Diner at MortonsCypress3200Dined on 8/2/2014The Service was outstanding, all were very attentive, but not a nuisance. Every dish we had from the lobster appetizer, my wife had oysters Rockefeller, were excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. This was an anniversary dinner, we hoped all would go well, Morton's delivered. They surprised up with an anniversary dessert and cappuccinos, on them. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbiesDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding service and very good food. The "Happy Anniversary" wishes beginning with the Hostess and extra attention from various restaurant personnel throughout our visit made it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food & bar were slowWagnerJBVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was great but was hamstrung by poor bar and kitchen crews. It wasn't busy when we arrived but it still took almost 30 minutes for the first of the drinks to come out, while remaining drinks took another 15 minutes. We asked for the red wine chilled to 60F, it came out room temp. Pre-ordered second glass during the meal with same request, again came out warm. Waiter was accommodating but bar mishandled our requests. We also had a gluten intolerant diner, of whom we alerted the restaurant in advance, and all of her items came out with the requested items to avoid gluten piled on top of her meal. Back to the kitchen it all went. Everyone else's dinners grew cold waiting on her meal. Not sure we will return.Special Features:
- MommascullyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent meal and service. A bit on the pricey side, but very good if money is no object!Special Features:
- tuckerDined on 7/28/2014Morton's service and attention to the customer is unsurpassed. Food, as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 102nd Birthday DinnerRickPDined on 7/27/2014The wait staff was very courteous and helped to provide a wonderful dining experience as we were celebrating my father's 102nd birthday. The room lighting was low but comfortable, noise level was very low (Sunday evening 40 to 50% capacity) and the waiter was courteous and anything but pushy or time pressured. The restaurant provided a food menu to each of my party when we noticed that the header had been personalized "Happy 102nd Birthday, July 27, 2014". This little touch proved to be so nice and added a very nice touch to the whole event. Thank you, to the staff of Morton's Steakhouse, Galleria, Houston, Texas. You made my Dad's Birthday a very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FiletTonyWDined on 7/26/2014Morton's has always been one of the top steak and seafood restaurants to go to. It is pricey but as always you get what you pay for. I had their mixed grill which included a 6 oz Filet, grilled shrimp, and scallops. Everything was cooked perfectly. Their sides are absolutely wonderful. The mushroom spinach saute and broccolini with garlic were some of the best, most healthy sides I have had. Perfect place to enjoy eating!Special Features:
- MSTHANGDined on 7/26/2014I l-o-v-e Morton's and so when it became time to celebrate my birthday Morton's was my choice and had a great time! My truck was parked where I requested and the waiter provided excellent service. From the moment I entered the restaurant everyone was very attentive...and I liked that! The best part was the food! The steak melted in my mouth and the seafood was great. Morton's is STILL my favorite restaurant in Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodrichDined on 7/18/2014Best steak in town with great service. All the selections are very good. I am not a dessert eater but I do order the key lime pie. Service is always excellent. Great place for special occasions. Servers are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 19th AnniversaryMusicMan60Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner celebration at Houston's Morton's at the Galleria on this past Tuesday night. They even took our picture and gave us a personalized menu for our souvenirs. We were so impressed with the sumptuous dinner, superb service, and remarkable aura that we can't wait to return. It has been a long while since we visited Morton's, and as my wife said, our recent visit brought back wonderful memories. We salute you, Morton's...keep up the excellent work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Deliciouslboud36Dined on 7/14/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and we had the best meal. We don't go to places like this very often and it was perfect for our special occasion. They had special menus for us that said Happy Birthday on them. They took our picture and brought it out on a card and our dessert was also free. They were absolutely amazing. Our waiter, I think his name was David, was awesome. The food was great as usual. It was the best steaks we've had. My husband's lobster bisque was a little low on actual lobster so he didn't eat much of it, but everything else was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014The staff was amazing! My husband ordered his ribeye Medium, when it came out there was little to no pink in the middle. They didn't take no for an answer when they asked him if he wanted them to bring him a new steak, and they also wanted to bring us a whole fresh set of sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedThePlanDined on 7/10/2014The strip steak was tough and overcooked. Did not have much to accompany the meal. Not much for your money. Do not waste your time. Overpriced and undelivered.
- Excellent service and fooddab1Dined on 7/5/2014As expected the service, food and experieince were top notchSpecial Features:
- everything was fineEdndebVIPDined on 7/5/2014We ordered off their special menu and for $35 apiece it was a fantastic bargain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, poor food experience1stTimerDined on 7/3/2014This was our first visit to Morton's. We chose it for our anniversary celebration. We had perfect service from Sally, and we liked the ambiance. The food was mediocre, and the N Y Strip actually bad. I don't know how they could call it "Prime" since I'll never believe it was graded that way. I am a big fan of Landry's restaurants, rarely having a bad experience at any of them. I feel they typically offer a good value in their menu selections. Not this time. We will not be back. I read several reviews before we went, and saw that they ran hot and cold. I probably should not have gambled on an important occasion.
- FOOD is great!HIJAG1Dined on 7/2/2014The best rib eye steak in TEXAS! My wife had the Rib Eye with the bone it was good. I had the cajun rib eye and it was seasoned perfectly and by far the best Rib Eye steak I have had since moving to the Houston area seven years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Love the service.ValentineDined on 7/2/2014Morton's steaks are great. The waiter was the best that I have ever seen. He made the evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.