Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7136291946x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday beginning at 11:30am
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Catering available from menu selections. Please contact Lisa Olson at (713) 629-9589 for details.
- Special Events: Morton's in Houston (Galleria) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/houstongalleria
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston (Galleria). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wine, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Savor The Good Life. For over 30 years, the Steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private Boardroom information, worldwide location listing and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Houston - Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (57)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (28)hot spot (12)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- joycergDined on 10/18/2014excellent service, dinner was outstanding.., bar was a little busy there was a delay on wine but overall great service with no fault by our waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th BirthdayLuv2dineDined on 10/17/2014They had an excellent selection of entrees, excellent wine choices and they were able to accommodate my 7 year old son. They addressed my husband by name and made him feel like a King for the night. It was the best experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014good food, good service - what more can you ask for.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointed !!!!!!UsetoloveMortonsDined on 10/15/2014Something has changed in their flavoring. we are very disappointed and even agreed that we might have to switch steakhouses now. We have been regulars at Mortons for years. What on earth has changed- the chefs or the flavors? It needs to be figured out quickly!!!Special Features:
- Manager discriminates minoritiesFoodmexVIPDined on 10/10/2014Their manager is a B...d! If you're Hispanic don't even go there. Even busboys complain about him!Special Features:
- For a Special NightGoodAmericanFoodDined on 10/3/2014My Fiance and I like to go out to dinner and check out different spots around town. Morton's was recommended to us and we decided to go there for our three year anniversary. I booked on open table and disclosed that we were going to be celebrating. The hostess and server both wished us a "Happy Anniversary" and our menu was customized with our names on top and "Happy 3 Year Anniversary." It was a nice touch and felt special. Our food was great (he got seafood, I got lamb chops) and we enjoyed our sided. The only downside (and it seems like a considerable one...) is that there were no prices on the menu. Although we knew going into it we'd be spending some money- I wish we would have known how much each item was before we ordered it.Special Features:
- Morton's. ..Alright with me!lovegoodeatsDined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed celebrating my 44th Birthday there!! Our wait staff was very courteous and accomodating. Food was excellent! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014Great lunch menu, delicious food, wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LHVLDined on 9/27/2014Great place for steaks and the chocolate molten cake is one of my favorite. We have been to many steak restaurants and Morton is one of the best one for ribeye.Special Features:
- A very happy birthdayJoyHDined on 9/14/2014We spent my husband's birthday with another couple at Morton's - Galleria. Ed, our waiter, immediately connected with one of the guests named Ed, so we have fun with that. Ed, our waiter, was very informative and helped us select an excellent steak. He was very knowledgeable, yet engaging with his customers. The food was fabulous and the resturant surprised us my husband with a complimentary birthday dessert - a delicious yummy steak. It was a great evening. Ambience is very good.Special Features:
- A very happy 80th birthday!Thompsons2Dined on 9/13/2014Went to Morton's to celebrate an 80th birthday. The evening was indeed wonderful, mainly due to our server, Melanie, on 9/13/14, at 6:00 p.m. She was warm, kind, and extremely dedicated to making our friend feel like someone very special (a 'princess', as our friend said!). Thank you, Melanie!! The manager also offered congratulations, and assisted in ensuring that the evening was truly a success. Not to forget....the food and ambiance also contributed to this success. Thank you, all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as expectedPickyDinerDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful meal, the steaks were just great, our waiter was new, so service was less than perfect, but didn't ruin the evening. One warning, desserts are excellent, but HUGE, took half the carrot cake home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's is such a treat.MortonsisbestDined on 9/6/2014We always look forward to dining at Morton's. The food is wonderful and the service is the best. We always look for special deals; they often have a seasonal menu which is not as expensive as ordering a la carte. For example: your choice of 4 salads, 6 main dishes, 4 vegetables and 3 desserts for $40 per person. You have to ask for these special deals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014We had a wonderful time. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent! Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinners.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014This was in celebration of our 10 year anniversary and it was truly PERFECT in every way. We started with drinks at the bar and then were escorted to our table. Our waiter did a fantastic job and had excellent recommendations. The picture in the personalzed holder was a special touch. We thorough enjoyed our meal and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We will definitely be back and hopefully it isn't another year before we make the trip.Special Features:
- Perry's beats it. I won't be back.DanielDined on 8/30/2014The decor was 80's. The noise level was extremely and annoyingly loud. The service, however, was very good. The food was nothing special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Morton's has changed dramaticly since being taken over. It's just not the same. Food portions were smaller, there were fewer wait staff, did not get the steak display at table.Special Features:
- starVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had an extremely nice waiter. The food came quickly, cooked correctly and was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/17/2014The appetizer was delicious; however, the steaks and pork chops were disappointing. Overcooked and cold. It may have had something to do with the busy time of day and the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. I have dined here previously and the food was much better.
- hunnypot1076Dined on 8/16/2014our waitress Aura was very helpful and friendly the entire staff was very pleasant and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Wife's Birthday DinnerBirthdayDinner1Dined on 8/14/2014We choose Morton's this year for my wife's birthday dinner and it was great choice. The scallop appitizer was outstanding as was the server! Drinks from the bar were good. Of course the steaks were perfect. The only downside for our family is we just did not enjoy the bread, which is soft at Morton's buy has a "French onion" seasoning all around the bread. Overall, we want to go back and enjoy this fine resturant again. It is on par with our other two favorites, Eddie V's and Pappas Bros Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weeks 2014JayGDined on 8/14/2014Morton's The Steakhouse has a great atmosphere and some good food. I had their Houston Restaurant Weeks dinner option with their seafood sampler appetizer. A few of the proteins were overcooked but Morton's staff was kind enough to replace them. The menus are far from adventurous-- something you might expect from a restaurant in the Galleria-- but apt for a steakhouse. Aside from the atmosphere there isn't much to distinguish Morton's from other higher-tier steakhouses in Houston. I took a few points from service because our glasses ran dry on more than one occasion despite a less than full dining room. Morton's The Steakhouse is a great choice for an intimate and conventional white tablecloth dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Me and my girlfriend had gone for restaurant week. Even though we dined from the restaurant week menu i did glance through the main menu. It was filled with what looked like a very tasty land and seafood selection. The Ambiance was set to a dim light through the chandeliers. The filet which i requested to be cooked rare was exactly that, And for my partner medium-rare and was exactly that as well. My side i had Mashed Potatoes which were very delicious! The broccoli could have been cooked slightly more. Other than that I will be returning to dine here again in the near future!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014As always a great experience, everything OK as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!TibbieDined on 8/10/2014We wanted to use the Houston Restaurant Month to try out different restaurants. It was more than we could ever expect as far as good food, SERVICE, and we will be back. Just glad we chose this place from the list. Plus it is so good of these restaurants to donate to the Food Bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 29th AnniversaryIBT2013Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary in a romantic place with exceptional service, food and ambiance. Morton's The Steakhouse delivered on every level and added things like the photo and gift menu. On a scale of 1 to 10, the delivered a 10! We would highly recommend this establishment. Great service even from a highly ranked restaurant or business in general in the Houston metro area is a lost art, it's good to see it still exist at Morton's The Steakhouse Houston Galleria!Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceQualityFoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014My first vist to Morton's and it was very nice. Service and food was good. Decided to have the selection for Houston Resturant Week and was pleased with the selections that were given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love thie placeSusieTDined on 8/9/2014Very pleased as always with the service and ambiance and we even had our kids with us! Awesome as always! Although, we are a Morton's VIP Member and usually get a complimentary drink or after dinner drink and we got nada this time and spent quite a bit!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingVFassettDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time in 2 yrs that Morton's failed to live up to our expectations. The food was fabulous as always but our service was disappointing. The waiter was very nice but made mistake after mistake all night. Normally not a deal breaker, but very disappointing considering the time and effort it takes us to schedule such an outing. Scheduling sitters and the anticipation of our favorite meal at our favorite steakhouse was a huge letdown this time. Orders can out wrong, and every request was either forgotten about or delayed beyond reasonable expectation time. It's hard to complain about where you are seated in the restaurant but we are usually seated by the kitchen in a booth and being seated in the back room was unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our family ate at Morton's by the Galleria on Saturday. We were promptly seated, our waiter was knowledgeable and gave us excellent advice. The Ahi Tuna Tower was fabulous, we all ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection. We look forward to dining at Morton's in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Two friends and I had lunch at Morton's and it was a lovely experience. We were celebrating a birthday and they made it special. They took a picture of us and gave each a copy - they even had a Happy Birthday menu! The food was good and Andrew, our server, was wonderful. (I think this was his name.) I can't wait to tell my friends about lunch at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the visitGeorgeDined on 8/7/2014The decor of the restaurant is great, modern and elegant. My g/f and I dined during Houston Restaurant Weeks. I'm not sure if it is because it's from a cheaper seasonal menu, but the food wasn't great...the sides we felt were undercooked (broccoli) and the steaks (we both ordered the 6 oz filet mignon) were underwhelming. It wasn't a bad steak, just not impressive. The desserts were the best course of the meal...very rich and delicious, we ordered the creme brule and the key lime pie. We won't be coming back.
- DeliciousGrubDined on 8/5/2014Crab cake and filet were definitely my favorite. Nice private roomsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and serviceHoustonfoodieDined on 8/5/2014This was my second time dining at this location. The food, service, and environment were perfect! If I could afford it, I would eat here 3 times a day, 365 days a year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Morton'sMimiDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Morton's Steak House. The staff made us feel welcome and they were concerned about our dietary restrictions. We will return to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FabulousGrandmaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Delicious food.. Soufle was excellent.....Morton's does not disappoint. Loved it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !st Time Diner at MortonsCypress3200Dined on 8/2/2014The Service was outstanding, all were very attentive, but not a nuisance. Every dish we had from the lobster appetizer, my wife had oysters Rockefeller, were excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. This was an anniversary dinner, we hoped all would go well, Morton's delivered. They surprised up with an anniversary dessert and cappuccinos, on them. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbiesDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding service and very good food. The "Happy Anniversary" wishes beginning with the Hostess and extra attention from various restaurant personnel throughout our visit made it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food & bar were slowWagnerJBVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was great but was hamstrung by poor bar and kitchen crews. It wasn't busy when we arrived but it still took almost 30 minutes for the first of the drinks to come out, while remaining drinks took another 15 minutes. We asked for the red wine chilled to 60F, it came out room temp. Pre-ordered second glass during the meal with same request, again came out warm. Waiter was accommodating but bar mishandled our requests. We also had a gluten intolerant diner, of whom we alerted the restaurant in advance, and all of her items came out with the requested items to avoid gluten piled on top of her meal. Back to the kitchen it all went. Everyone else's dinners grew cold waiting on her meal. Not sure we will return.Special Features: