Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
500 East Broward Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (954) 467-9720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Fort Lauderdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/fortlauderdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (39)notable wine list (39)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not up to ParJaybogVIPDined on 11/26/2014While our steaks we good everything else was somewhat disappointing The appetizers and side dishes were nothing special and in two cases had to be refunded since we were unhappy with their taste . I had always thought more of Morton's
- Andrea DoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014I am a VIP member with Landrys and I can say even if I wasn't Shelly would always come by and see how I'm doing. She it great manager and asset to Mortons. Cant wait to go to dinner at Mortons soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many personal touches to your planned occasionNitarodgersDined on 11/19/2014Got a special occasion? Definitely go here. Was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mort de mortonprofjoeVIPDined on 11/15/2014When you go to a steakhouse you expect to be wowed. This wasn't the case at Mortons Las Olas. First the French wine on the list couldn't be found. Next our center seats in a utilitarian dining room might've been more approriate for the lunch crowd and not a date night dinner. And the food was pedestrian. Our 22 ounce Chicago prime steak came overcooked at the edges because it was thin and long not a thick cut. Ordinary brussel sprouts and lyonnaise potatos. The Grand Marnier souffle was superb. Interesting that the manager never appeared;. Nor did the sommelier after his first delivery.Special Features:
- An excellent time was had by all!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014I hosted a small birthday celebration for my fiance but as far as Morton's was concerned - and our manager Shelley - it was treated as a most significant event and handled with the utmost care. Everything was first class! Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Thumbs DownSal1271Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I usually meet my parents at the Morton's in Boca Raton for dinner and we always love it. That being so, and being that we live around the corner from the Fort Lauderdale Morton's we decided to eat there. Night and day. Plenty of other places in area the spend money for a steak. Don't waste money here.
- So disappointedWordsrfunDined on 11/8/2014It has been a long time since I visited Mortons, and my first time in Fort Lauderdale. I was shocked at the prices and the ambiance felt business like, stark and monotone. The food was delicious, but there was no justification for how expensive it was. Next time I want an upscale Steak dinner it will be back to Capital Grill.
- Love Morton'sLuvMortonsDined on 11/7/2014We have been to Morton's throughout the U.S. and Vancouver, Canada, many times and always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service slow; food order mixed upGEB7Dined on 11/5/2014entrees were also undercooked, as if rushed back out after sending out the wrong order the first time. Could not recommend this restaurant and would not return.
- Elegant midweek dinnerMHKFDined on 11/4/2014Old school steakhouse with upscale ambiance. Impeccable service and highest quality food, cooked to perfection. While dining with Dine Out Lauderdale's $35 deal, I was afraid that portion sizes would be small, but they were so generous that i couldn't finish my dessert. Perfect cocktails and impressive wine list. Morton's has free valet, can't beat that in downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceLHansenDined on 11/2/2014First time visit and we were so impressed with the service. Our steaks were perfect and all the food was delicious but the Lava Cake dessert should not be missed. Prices are on the high end but you know that going in. Celebrated our 23rd Anniversary and every employee was so kind and genuine. Thank you Morton's Ft Lauderdale for a memorable night! We loved our special printed menu and our photograph to take home.Special Features:
- Reward for the Road TripHodgesVIPDined on 10/31/2014After a long ride south we rewarded ourselves with a trip to the bar for an adult beverage and bites. We were lucky enough to stumble onto an extended happy hour so we had some drinks and enjoyed a little of several things (trio of filter mignon, shrimp cocktail and mac & cheese). As always, the mac & cheese is ridiculously good and the "bites" were just enough to hit the spot. We got to relax, watch a football game (my alma mater was playing and they kindly put it on) and savor some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Least Enjoyable Morton's experience.NHLarryDined on 10/31/2014We go to Morton's around the country quite frequently. This service experience was not very good. The waiter was very slow and inattentive. A glass of wine took 15 minutes for delivery. And they couldn't find the brand our table mate requested. I will credit them for taking off a percentage on the bill, but it was definitely not up to Morton's standards. We ordered the $35 special and wondered if we were being slighted because of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Wine I selected was not available. I was offered a higher priced bottle at cost of first selected. We had two bottles but I was charged the higher price for the second one. As the evening went along and the crowd increased we had a long wait to order our deserts and drinks. we could not find our waiter. No fault of his, you were understaffed. He did the best he could. I did not want to correct the bill it was not a big deal and I did not want to wait and catch him and wait longer. Do not send me a coupon for the price adjustment on the wine. I have never used one. I paid the regular price and the wine was great.
- Very fine dining experiencefinediningfoodyDined on 10/25/2014Morton's had wonderful food, great ambiance and amazing service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys steak or seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost leftOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Ignored by the hostess (A was the first letter of her name) as a party of 3 with no reservation were seated before us although we arrived 1st with reservations for 10/24/14 at 9:15. The manager then seated us (female about 5'1- nice and energetic). Water was was brought to us, then we waited 25-30 min literally. Finally the waitress (petite, 5'8, accent) apologized stating her and the waitstaff were confused as to who we belonged to. Finally we got a menu and was able to place our drink order, the drink was free and came out in under 3min. The manager and waitress then gave us free crab cakes w/o us asking for anything, they really did try to turn this disaster around (a 1 turned into a 5). Meal tasted fine and came out in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Dine Out Fort LauderdaleJfjfDined on 10/24/2014Went to Mortons with friends for Dine Out Fort Lauderdale package. Steak was the same and very good. Salad and soup much smaller portion. Sides were very limited and not very good. Dessert was pretty good. Key Lime Pie excellent. Chocolate mousse good. Cheesecake was average at best..Special Features:
- NiceBobandSatoshiDined on 10/23/2014As expected... great steaks and wonderful service. Pricey, but that's expected too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasent timeAverageJoeDined on 10/19/2014Overall a nice place. Excellent steak. However compared to the lower priced alternatives these are the major comparisions. Bottom line if you can toss money around this is another place to do it otherwise select a generic steak house.Special Features:
- Not worth the effortNotagain94Dined on 10/16/2014Definitely not a good price to service ratio! Way to expensive for what it is delivered! Will not go again!
- Very SurprisedSteakluverDined on 10/11/2014Have eaten at this location once before, and it was a remarkable experience. Up to then it was by far the best food service and dining experience I've had. Most recent visit, completely the opposite. Steak was well over done, potatoes were no better than at a late night diners and service was below par. HIGHLY disappointed in recent visit.Special Features:
- StuigiVIPDined on 10/11/2014It took 1 1/2 for our entrees to arrive. My steak was served medium rare although it was ordered medium well. The mushroom side dish was cold. My cappuccino arrived with a piece of green vegetable in it. We were given a $90 credit but the meal was ruined.
- Very nice Restaurant !!!!Nitrof1971Dined on 10/11/2014Very nice restaurant. We adored our evening to the restaurantSpecial Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDMimiVIPDined on 10/11/2014WENT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION AND HAD THE BROWARD DINES DEAL FOR $35 EACH. DO NOT BOTHER. THEY GIVE YOU A MEAL THE SIZE OF A CHILD'S PLATE. THE MEAT WAS THE SIZE OF A DOT (DEFINITELY NOT 6 OZ, THE SIDE WAS MUCH SMALLER, AND THE DESSERT WAS THE SMALLEST CUP OF MOUSSE I'VE EVER SEEN. DONE IN TWO SPOONS. THE SOUP WAS ALSO SMALLER THAN WHAT YOU WOULD SERVE A CHILD). IF YOU CAN'T SERVE A DECENT MEAL THAT IS COMPARABLE -- DON'T MAKE A "DEAL" THAT ISN'T A DEAL AT ALL. THE SERVER WAS SO RUDE AND SNOOTY AS WELL. NEVER AGAIN. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION, ALL YOU'LL SAVE AT THE END IS A TRIP THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE TO ANOTHER RESTAURANT.
- BEST experience ever!DaphneDined on 10/10/2014I am sooooo glad that I picked Morton's The Steakhouse to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday surprise! The party coordinator Daphne (which had the same name as me, what a coincidence hahaha) was absolutely amazing at getting everything I wanted. She was so personable, a great lisener, very kind! The staffs were also awesome...the service and how special they made the birthday man feel...it was a perfect experience! Thank you so very much Daphne & Morton's The Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenVIPDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed Mortons. The food ambiance and service were great. Our service must be noted as really FABULOUS. Our waiter was excellent and top notch too. Thank you, we will be back!Special Features:
- Good food, good portion1retiredladyDined on 10/3/2014We came here because of Dine -Out Month so we chose the pre-fixe menu. Otherwise, this can be a pricey place to eat. The selections were good and the portions were generous, and the service was great Overall, I would say a good dinner, although not quite outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySteakMan954Dined on 10/2/2014The scene was awesome and we had a great server who recommended some good choices. We both had the "Cajun Ribeye" The medium was perfect, but the med well was salty and burn pretty much. We do not like to complain, so we dealt with it. For $70.00 I was expecting more to be honest. I could have eaten the Blue Cheese Salad, and I would have been fine with it. The server was Australian and was one of the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MortonsReddogDined on 9/27/2014The staff is welcoming on all levels, not too intrusive a nice balance, the printed menus with happy birthday was a nice touch, the photo, the comp lava cakes for the special occassions was another nice touch. The food was definitely a winner for me and always has been. Thanks for the beautiful night.Special Features:
- Too much marbling in ribeyeJohnWintersVIPDined on 9/22/2014Overall experience was good but for a steakhouse, the ribeye was less than desirable. Ribeye was a bit tough and lots of marbling. Favor of the meat itself was just a bit bland. Independent steakhouses such as Bern’s in Tampa or Lugers in New York operate on an entire level above this Morton’s. Asparagus was also tough and I’m not quite sure it was cooked enough. The highlight was the caesar salad. That was actually good.Special Features:
- Five Star SteakhouseJCNsteakDined on 9/22/2014It was my wife birthday, I wanted to take her nice steakhouse. I knew about Morton's but never dine. The waiter was excellent in serving us, our steaks were season and cooked just like we wanted. Thank you Morton's for making my wife birthday diner a great success. JoshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMissLizVIPDined on 9/13/2014Any day. Any time. No disappointments. When you aren't sure hoe to please everyone in the party, just come to Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Have a Morton's near home so wasn't expecting anything crazy. Food was good, service was just ok but our server seemed in the weeds a bit.Special Features:
- Horriable!LanceDined on 9/13/2014We came on a special occasion. We ordered a great bottle of wine and apps, and the $116 steak meal for two. The office manager came out of the back and sliced the steak with a small steak knife and hacked at our $116 purchase like a barbarian. It was very visually unappealing (not in a chef coat or culinary trained) tearing the steak. It was raining when we left. We asked the hostess if there was a covered exit to valet; she said no. We got soaked and later found out there was in fact another exit. Overall poor service, poor presentation and the food was not nearly as up to par as we expected. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. As we frequent the Chart House on the inter coastal we will keep out business their.
- Always Great Steaks and ServiceAceBVIPDined on 9/6/2014Morton's always serves great steaks and wines. Service is excellent. If the steak is not perfect, they will make it right! The bar offers a full menu and is a fun place to gather before or after your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, and ambiance.RoseVIPDined on 8/30/2014Morton's is the place to go anytime you want a perfectly cooked meal in a warm, relaxing atmosphere. Their private rooms are terrific for parties and meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothappy1Dined on 8/16/2014Took 3 times before getting my meat cooked the way I ordered it. Would not go again or recommend it. Not worth the money at all.
- $200 bucks for burnt steak?FoodEftlauderdaleDined on 8/15/2014Not the best Experience. Have dined here before. It was an off night I guess. Our steaks came out and were totally over cooked. My medium had no pink and my fiance got a Burnt well-done with heavy charring on top. She didn't finish it (a true first!). Also ordered 5 onion soup and boy was it salty!! Blech!! Other than our great server this trip was a total bust. Oh did I mention I paid over $200 bucks for this experience?!!! Never again.
- Not the same Morton's of the pastWendy124Dined on 8/15/2014Since Landrys bought Morton's they have ruined what used to be a wonderful restaurant. The steaks are just average and the crab cake was horrific, very garlicky. The service was still excellent but the food is not the same as before.Special Features:
- Great Experience!avaldezDined on 8/10/2014I was there for my wife and daughter. Birthdays, the food and the attention were.great, the waiter was very knowledgeable and provided. A grreat recommendations , they where also kind and gave us pictures from our reunion I wil highly recommend this nice place to eat and share family moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.