Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
500 East Broward Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9544679720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Fort Lauderdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/fortlauderdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (37)notable wine list (32)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Very fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Morton's had wonderful food, great ambiance and amazing service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys steak or seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Fort LauderdaleJfjfDined on 10/24/2014Went to Mortons with friends for Dine Out Fort Lauderdale package. Steak was the same and very good. Salad and soup much smaller portion. Sides were very limited and not very good. Dessert was pretty good. Key Lime Pie excellent. Chocolate mousse good. Cheesecake was average at best..Special Features:
- NiceBobandSatoshiDined on 10/23/2014As expected... great steaks and wonderful service. Pricey, but that's expected too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasent timeAverageJoeDined on 10/19/2014Overall a nice place. Excellent steak. However compared to the lower priced alternatives these are the major comparisions. Bottom line if you can toss money around this is another place to do it otherwise select a generic steak house.Special Features:
- Not worth the effortNotagain94Dined on 10/16/2014Definitely not a good price to service ratio! Way to expensive for what it is delivered! Will not go again!
- Very SurprisedSteakluverDined on 10/11/2014Have eaten at this location once before, and it was a remarkable experience. Up to then it was by far the best food service and dining experience I've had. Most recent visit, completely the opposite. Steak was well over done, potatoes were no better than at a late night diners and service was below par. HIGHLY disappointed in recent visit.Special Features:
- StuigiVIPDined on 10/11/2014It took 1 1/2 for our entrees to arrive. My steak was served medium rare although it was ordered medium well. The mushroom side dish was cold. My cappuccino arrived with a piece of green vegetable in it. We were given a $90 credit but the meal was ruined.
- Very nice Restaurant !!!!Nitrof1971Dined on 10/11/2014Very nice restaurant. We adored our evening to the restaurantSpecial Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDMimiVIPDined on 10/11/2014WENT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION AND HAD THE BROWARD DINES DEAL FOR $35 EACH. DO NOT BOTHER. THEY GIVE YOU A MEAL THE SIZE OF A CHILD'S PLATE. THE MEAT WAS THE SIZE OF A DOT (DEFINITELY NOT 6 OZ, THE SIDE WAS MUCH SMALLER, AND THE DESSERT WAS THE SMALLEST CUP OF MOUSSE I'VE EVER SEEN. DONE IN TWO SPOONS. THE SOUP WAS ALSO SMALLER THAN WHAT YOU WOULD SERVE A CHILD). IF YOU CAN'T SERVE A DECENT MEAL THAT IS COMPARABLE -- DON'T MAKE A "DEAL" THAT ISN'T A DEAL AT ALL. THE SERVER WAS SO RUDE AND SNOOTY AS WELL. NEVER AGAIN. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION, ALL YOU'LL SAVE AT THE END IS A TRIP THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE TO ANOTHER RESTAURANT.
- BEST experience ever!DaphneDined on 10/10/2014I am sooooo glad that I picked Morton's The Steakhouse to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday surprise! The party coordinator Daphne (which had the same name as me, what a coincidence hahaha) was absolutely amazing at getting everything I wanted. She was so personable, a great lisener, very kind! The staffs were also awesome...the service and how special they made the birthday man feel...it was a perfect experience! Thank you so very much Daphne & Morton's The Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenVIPDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed Mortons. The food ambiance and service were great. Our service must be noted as really FABULOUS. Our waiter was excellent and top notch too. Thank you, we will be back!Special Features:
- Good food, good portion1retiredladyDined on 10/3/2014We came here because of Dine -Out Month so we chose the pre-fixe menu. Otherwise, this can be a pricey place to eat. The selections were good and the portions were generous, and the service was great Overall, I would say a good dinner, although not quite outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySteakMan954Dined on 10/2/2014The scene was awesome and we had a great server who recommended some good choices. We both had the "Cajun Ribeye" The medium was perfect, but the med well was salty and burn pretty much. We do not like to complain, so we dealt with it. For $70.00 I was expecting more to be honest. I could have eaten the Blue Cheese Salad, and I would have been fine with it. The server was Australian and was one of the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MortonsReddogDined on 9/27/2014The staff is welcoming on all levels, not too intrusive a nice balance, the printed menus with happy birthday was a nice touch, the photo, the comp lava cakes for the special occassions was another nice touch. The food was definitely a winner for me and always has been. Thanks for the beautiful night.Special Features:
- Too much marbling in ribeyeJohnWintersVIPDined on 9/22/2014Overall experience was good but for a steakhouse, the ribeye was less than desirable. Ribeye was a bit tough and lots of marbling. Favor of the meat itself was just a bit bland. Independent steakhouses such as Bern’s in Tampa or Lugers in New York operate on an entire level above this Morton’s. Asparagus was also tough and I’m not quite sure it was cooked enough. The highlight was the caesar salad. That was actually good.Special Features:
- Five Star SteakhouseJCNsteakDined on 9/22/2014It was my wife birthday, I wanted to take her nice steakhouse. I knew about Morton's but never dine. The waiter was excellent in serving us, our steaks were season and cooked just like we wanted. Thank you Morton's for making my wife birthday diner a great success. JoshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Have a Morton's near home so wasn't expecting anything crazy. Food was good, service was just ok but our server seemed in the weeds a bit.Special Features:
- Horriable!LanceDined on 9/13/2014We came on a special occasion. We ordered a great bottle of wine and apps, and the $116 steak meal for two. The office manager came out of the back and sliced the steak with a small steak knife and hacked at our $116 purchase like a barbarian. It was very visually unappealing (not in a chef coat or culinary trained) tearing the steak. It was raining when we left. We asked the hostess if there was a covered exit to valet; she said no. We got soaked and later found out there was in fact another exit. Overall poor service, poor presentation and the food was not nearly as up to par as we expected. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. As we frequent the Chart House on the inter coastal we will keep out business their.
- Always Great Steaks and ServiceAceBVIPDined on 9/6/2014Morton's always serves great steaks and wines. Service is excellent. If the steak is not perfect, they will make it right! The bar offers a full menu and is a fun place to gather before or after your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothappy1Dined on 8/16/2014Took 3 times before getting my meat cooked the way I ordered it. Would not go again or recommend it. Not worth the money at all.
- $200 bucks for burnt steak?FoodEftlauderdaleDined on 8/15/2014Not the best Experience. Have dined here before. It was an off night I guess. Our steaks came out and were totally over cooked. My medium had no pink and my fiance got a Burnt well-done with heavy charring on top. She didn't finish it (a true first!). Also ordered 5 onion soup and boy was it salty!! Blech!! Other than our great server this trip was a total bust. Oh did I mention I paid over $200 bucks for this experience?!!! Never again.
- Not the same Morton's of the pastWendy124Dined on 8/15/2014Since Landrys bought Morton's they have ruined what used to be a wonderful restaurant. The steaks are just average and the crab cake was horrific, very garlicky. The service was still excellent but the food is not the same as before.Special Features:
- Great Experience!avaldezDined on 8/10/2014I was there for my wife and daughter. Birthdays, the food and the attention were.great, the waiter was very knowledgeable and provided. A grreat recommendations , they where also kind and gave us pictures from our reunion I wil highly recommend this nice place to eat and share family moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workLaudbytheseaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our waiter was absolutely outstanding. They really want to make sure you are completely satisfied everything. This is a steakhouse so I was a little disappointed when the steak was not cooked as ordered and had to go back. The sides were removed too in order to keep them warm while the steak was cooked a little longer. Although conscientious, all this is very distracting when trying to converse and enjoy dinner. It's assumed that an upscale steakhouse could cook a steak the correct way the first time. The horseradish mash potatoes and spinach with mushrooms were incredible and the drinks were made to perfection.Special Features:
- Great Food Server not so AttentiveAnniversaryExperienceDined on 7/26/2014My food was good. My husband said his food was excellent. He order the Cajun Season Steak. It was cooked just right,well done but not shoe leather and very juicy. Our server was placed on a big party and seemed to be busy with them. Overall I enjoyemy experience and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing ExperiencelocalpatronDined on 7/25/2014I had an amazing experience at Morton's Steakhouse. I live just a few blocks down the street and never expected to be in such awe. The waiter was very attentive to our needs and my reservation was honored by the lovely host. The manager even came out to check on us which was such a pleasure. Not only was the food a pure delight but the music and ambiance makes you want to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's is back to original level!foodloversfamilyDined on 7/9/2014Service always top notch, the steaks back to old high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- generally boringlaurindaDined on 7/2/2014Nothing particularly interesting. neither the decor, the service, the graciousness of the staff and certainly not the presentation.
- The following 746 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- ExceptionalPassionate4foodVIPDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I dine at Morton's a minimum of once per month. The food is always perfectly prepared. The staff is attentive, personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticrussianbearDined on 6/21/2014Food was great, server was awesome, and drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- ExcellentLadyC8462Dined on 6/20/2014I went here for the first time for my 31st birthday. We all had the $49 4 course menu. All the food was delicious. I had a mojito that was perfectly made. My boyfriend had the Morton's Barrel Aged Manhattan which was smooth. Each portion was nice. We definitely got our money's worth. The best part was our menus said Happy Birthday and we received a photo as well. I highly recommend this restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TGBTGDined on 6/20/2014The food, waiter, and staff were great. We were the loudest table of four with laughter and celebrating our wedding anniversary with our adult sons. Had a great, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank Youyourthebest6202014Dined on 6/20/2014I want to thank everyone for making our 34th wedding anniversary a very memorable experience. You are all great. Each and every person that took care of us.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRoxytravelsDined on 6/18/2014I prefer it for business or meeting people out in Ft Laud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standards SliptmuvinonVIPDined on 6/15/2014Disapppointing! The service was excellent. This restaurant has established a high bar for itself. On this night it failed to reach its mark. The onion soup was weak and where were the onions? I had a rib eye. It was cooked medium rare as ordered, and well seasoned. The meat was tough and had far too much gristle. It was hard to believe that this was USDA prime beef. Maybe it was just Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Happy Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The service with James and staff was OUTSTANDING. Filet minon was excellent. Potatoes (lyonase and au gratin) were so so. Double cut pork chops were horrible...rubbery. It was too busy in the kitchen to send them back and order something else. We brought them home thinking we could salvage them - but could not and ended up throwing them out. Parking is uncomfortable for disabled persons as the walk from where one leaves the car to restaurant is l o n g. Parking attendant did not really help us get in and out. Overall, it was not worth the $200 we spent there. Will be searching for another steak house.
- Ribeye BURNT instead of PittsburghLuvtoEatDined on 6/13/2014It is unfortunate, we had our FIRST Bad experience at Mortons. We visit Mortons about a dozen times a year and continue to go back because the Food and The Service is simply The Best! However, this evening we had another couple with us and we tried a Brand New Appeatizer and it was Salty Beyond Words, SOFTSHELL CRAB OVER CAPERS WITH SAUCE and it was way too SALTY! We certainly could have lived with that. BUT - the BoneIn Ribeye my husband ordered was CHARCOALED BURNT! - He ask for medium and pittsburgh.... perhaps Mortons is not able to pittsburgh, this is the first time he ever ordered a pittsburgh steak from Mortons. It was Extremely Bad, I insisted that he send it back, but he didn't want to. Waiter should have corrected this!Special Features:
- Annivarsary 49thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014It was a wonderful dining experience, food and service was excellent. The manmager was superSpecial Features:
- LobbycoachDined on 6/7/2014Another Fantastic dining experience at Morton's! Awesome food and service!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceCamelot75Dined on 6/1/2014We had a great time at Morton's! We went there to celebrate our anniversary. It was soooooo good! It is definitely not within our normal price range as a family with young kids but we did have a $200 giftcard to spend so were able to try several of your delicious dishes! Excellent service, food and atmosphere. I love how the maitre d came by to take our picture, and then printed it out within minutes to give to us as a keepsake of our anniversary celebration. Also, we enoyed the most delicious chocolate cake & ice cream on the house as a sweet anniversary comp! All in all, great great experience! :)Special Features: