Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
500 East Broward Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (954) 467-9720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Fort Lauderdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/fortlauderdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (37)notable wine list (33)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding food as usual,RocketDined on 2/28/2014Outstanding food as usual, combined with top notch service. While I'm not a fan of Morton's closed-in motif in general, we had a very enjoyable meal as you would expect at that price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When can we go back?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014We went on a weeknight for our anniversary, and must say that we were treated so special. We were greeted right away at the door and sat at a large table with romantic dinner lighting. Our server was fantastic and very attentive, our food was delicious and the steaks were cooked just right. What I loved the most was the menus had "Happy Anniversary" written on them, which just made our night feel even more special. Thank you Morton's for making it a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2014We celebrated our 22nd Wedding Anniversary on a Sunday evening and it was just perfect!Special Features:
- Perfect CelebrationhbhrDined on 2/22/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate a special occasion and it was perfect. The short rib was fork tender and delicious and the filet was perfectly cooked and had excellent flavor. Great wine selection. The only problem we had was not enough room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy for OrdinaryTTLBLVIPDined on 2/22/2014Dinner was ordinary. Nothing special about the preparation of the salmon or crab cakes. The salads were not memorable and the desert was good, not special (the best part was the Hagen Daz icecream on top). Each glass of wine was $15. That is the retail price if the entire bottle of the wine that we ordered. We were very disappointed. We expected to spend a lot for dinner. Morton's is reputed to be expensive, but we expected outstanding food and truly it was not. The service was attentive and efficient, but excellent food is what keeps people coming back. Morton's needs a lot of attention in the kitchen. Can't imagine why people would pay those prices for food that is simple and mediocre.Special Features:
- Loved it!PatHDined on 2/22/2014I took four clients to dinner, and we had a delightful evening, from the wine, to the entrees, sides, and dessert. All staff went out of their way to assure our dining experience was a good one. Our waitress was exceptional and is a credit to Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedTapper5678VIPDined on 2/15/2014Morton's reputation for being a top of the line restaurant did not meet my expectations. Upon entering, the restaurant had from what I could see just one party seated and yet I was told to take my party to the bar and we would be called when seeting was available. This was completely unacceptable to me because I did have a reservation and although I was 10 minutes early did not expect to be treated in such a manner. Waiter was OK, smiling when we could find him, and the food just OK. This was my second visit in Fort Lauderdale, but don't think I would ever return, when Capital Grille seems to really have their act together. Kind of reminds me of what happened to Jackson's. Too bad, but they have to get their act together.
- How was MortonsNikkisInDined on 2/14/2014Waiter was ready to serve, very friendly. Steak was delicious, behinds my glass of wine even the water was fabulous!Special Features:
- disappointedcbr2523Dined on 2/14/2014First time ever going to this restaurant was anticipating an amazing meal and unfortunately did not meet my expectations. Staff was super nice and apologetic, even credited my meal but damage is done :( first impression really is the lasting impression.Special Features:
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went for Valentine's Day . The lobster have a fishy taste. Poor service for a very expensive restaurant.
- Good place for high end diningDJNCDined on 2/13/2014From the moment we entered Morton's in Fort Lauderdale to the moment we left every staff member we came in contact with was welcoming, outgoing and attentive with good personalities and a sense of humor. Food was fabulous, steaks cooked perfectly. We did not care for one of the side dishes, it was taken away, a different one served and the charges for BOTH were taken off the bill; absolutely did not expect this. Olga, the manager, came by several times to check on how everything was and was genuinely interested, not just a "pass by" .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent as wasmikeDined on 2/13/2014Food was excellent as was the service.Wine is overpriced and they were out of stock on certain vintages listed on menu.However the manager was very kind and took care of insuring that a wine was selected that we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great tableCoralRidgeRickVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great steaks, sides, and service. Didn't think as much of where we were seated as it was near banquet rooms and alongside a busy hallway. Not very comfortable or up-to-par with the price point for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoupleATolbertDined on 2/4/2014This was the first time I have dined at this restaurant. It was fantastic! The food was outstanding! It was a little pricey, but the food is worth it. I recommend it for special occasions - when the price tag will not be a factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2014Took a birthday picture that they framed for us and free dessert. Amazing serviceSpecial Features:
- Simply Delicious!AnnualVegasTravelerVIPDined on 1/11/2014No issues or delays with our reservations. The service was professional and courteous. The food was delicious. I highly recommend the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Terrific..MozyDined on 1/11/2014We once again became fans of Mortons...The food has improved and we always ask for the same waitress..Joanne..who is OUTSTANDING...She is one onf the main reasons we return.Special Features:
- Fast, Fun and FriendlytoryDined on 1/1/2014I visited Morton's in ft. Lauderdale for the first time, January 1, 2014. Honestly, I have no complaints. The food was great; the service was awesome; and the ambiance was relaxing and settle. I also, love the fact that they personalize the menus for whatever occasion. It's a great place to attend if you want to create an everlasting memory, share a moment, and make a great impression. 5 star restaurant in my perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinnerMaryGDined on 12/31/2013I should have known immediately that Morton's would not live up to its reputation for stellar service. Our party of six had a reservation for 9:30 p.m. We arrived a few minutes early and were informed that we would have to wait 40 minutes for our table. In other words, we should not have even bothered to make a reservation since our wait would have been the same without it. The rest of the evening was marked by incredibly slow service. Long waits for menus, water, and meals. Despite enjoying the food, we were very disappointed by our experience at Morton's. Next time, we'll stick with the family favorite, Capital Grille.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013We come to Mortn's on special occasions and every time the dining experience and the food are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!Treat4GDined on 12/28/2013My first visit to Morton's, the entire dining experience was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and foodCharlotteDined on 12/24/2013The service at this Morton's is exceptional. We enjoyed a very delicious and leisurely Christmas Eve dinner. I actually had Alaskan king crab instead of steak and I was not disappointed. I also enjoyed the beet salad, my husband had the french onion soup and a rib-eye. The only menu item we did not care for was the jumbo asparagus with balsamic glaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but NOT Great.ChillaxorzDined on 12/24/2013I decided to try Morton's because a coworker gave me a $50 gift card for christmas. When I arrived, they had complimentary valet parking which was nice. The mitre 'd seated us as soon as we checked in and we began looking at the various menus for cocktails, wine, etc. People were seated around me in denims/hoodies/sneakers while Morton's claims to have business attire dress code on website. Our waiter was very professional through out the whole process and service was definitely 5 stars. I ordered the Chicago Style Prime Bone-In Ribeye M at $55 - Was not impressed with the quality of the meat. While the flavor was good, the tenderness was lacking for that type of cut IMO. Ambience was very dark. VERY expensive - about $100+ per person.Special Features:
- From the valet parking topd247Dined on 12/22/2013From the valet parking to the food, the atmosphere and the service, our dining experience at Morton's was terrific as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2013Great Food. Great Service. Could use an update to the decor... Expensive... But, its a Morton's...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse SteakShashiDined on 12/13/2013delicious, enough for three of us to share Sharing is a must! Bar menu very well designed with amazing choices of food itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Again & AgainLorimccarVIPDined on 12/7/2013We love this Morton's, located in Ft. Lauderdale. We've eaten at several locations, but this is by far the best. The food is always excellent & the service staff always goes above & beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in Broward CountyDannyBDined on 12/7/2013Very extensive wine list. The Oysters Rockefeller were very tasty and succulent. The Filet Mignon was very tender, great tasting, and melted in your mouth. Out of (2) vegetables, the grilled asparagus in balsamic were excellent but found the sweet potatoes had a little too much brown sugar. We did not have time for dessert but looking forward to returning the next special occasion. If you are looking for a romantic dinner, request one of the round booths - it is well worth it. Lastly, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013We enjoy the food, excellent service and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very expensive. One lobsterLalaDined on 12/6/2013Food very expensive. One lobster for 80 bucks I think is really too much.
- Great Service, Food Ok...Krys29Dined on 11/30/2013Both the waitress and the manager were great. Very attentive without being overbearing. The food however for the prices wasn't anything special. With so many other steak houses out there, your expectations become higher. I didn't dislike the meal except for the French onion soup; they use a tomato base in it, which for me just doesn't work. But for a nice night out, it would be a good place to go.Special Features:
- 1st Timers-Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Celebrating our 52nd anniversary with gift cards from our kids, we thoroughly enjoyed Morton's, Ft. Lauderdale, from the moment we walked in. The management and service staff were extremely caring. The food was outstanding, although somewhat pricey. But, after all., it was a special occasion! The steaks we ordered were cooked exactly as ordered. It was a wonderful experience. Hope we can do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningMarstarDined on 11/30/2013The entire staff was excellent...friendly, helpful and accommodating. The recommendations were very helpful. We were made to feel very important on the occasion of a birthday. Everything about the experience was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSpicy2Dined on 11/22/2013Took my friend for birthday. They sat us down quickly. We look arounf and there was hardly anybody in There. Food took a little long but it taste great. I have ask for small birthday cake before and I guess they forgot so we left. In total of beening there it only took 35 mins for everything. Not to happy about the whole place. It looks more for business dinner type of placeSpecial Features:
- The wrong musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2013Great restaurant, food, ambience, but the music was just a tad loud and wrong selection for a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2013First time at Morons very nice experience . Food was delicious and waitress was very knowledgeable. Great evening. We will return .Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryHappydinerDined on 11/16/2013We celebrated our 25th anniversary. The staff was great and ca.t say enough about the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasn't greatMichelleVIPDined on 11/15/2013Food was ok, but not great as in other similar type of steakhouses. Service was very good. Beef was a little stiff and shrimp over cooked.Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013This was our first time at Morton's and it was a terrific experience! The food was outstanding and our server, John, offered impeccable service. In fact, we all agreed, possibly the best service we have ever had. He accommodated our every need and then some. My only disappointment was the ambience or lack of. The decor of this restaurant is very disappointing. I don't mind understated decor but this was so ordinary for a restaurant of this caliber. Also, they should make some improvements to the hallway you must walk through after valet parking. Again, I am surprised that a restaurant of this caliber would have such an entrance. However, that being said, still a fabulous meal and wonderful service!
- Are you kidding me?likesgoodmealDined on 11/9/2013Was looking forward to this visit as we had never been to Morton's. Greeted warmly by friendly hostess and shown to table. I had one of the specials, filet mignon and lobster tail. Lobster tail good and filet had good taste and perfectly cooked but chewy. At one point wifey held my plate because plate was rattling as I cut steak. Wifey ordered the five peppercorn prime strip. Steak was cooked a proper medium rare, but had not "sat" long enough and blood ran throughout plate and into the very small portion of au poivre sauce. Ruined the whole steak which she barely touched and it was also very chewy. Not what was expected for $57.Side of sauteed sprouts was burnt and hard-inedible. Best part was au gratin potatoes, chocolate cake. Terrible