Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
500 East Broward Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9544679720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Fort Lauderdale hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/fortlauderdale
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (33)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothappy1Dined on 8/16/2014Took 3 times before getting my meat cooked the way I ordered it. Would not go again or recommend it. Not worth the money at all.
- $200 bucks for burnt steak?FoodEftlauderdaleDined on 8/15/2014Not the best Experience. Have dined here before. It was an off night I guess. Our steaks came out and were totally over cooked. My medium had no pink and my fiance got a Burnt well-done with heavy charring on top. She didn't finish it (a true first!). Also ordered 5 onion soup and boy was it salty!! Blech!! Other than our great server this trip was a total bust. Oh did I mention I paid over $200 bucks for this experience?!!! Never again.
- Great Experience!avaldezDined on 8/10/2014I was there for my wife and daughter. Birthdays, the food and the attention were.great, the waiter was very knowledgeable and provided. A grreat recommendations , they where also kind and gave us pictures from our reunion I wil highly recommend this nice place to eat and share family moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workLaudbytheseaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our waiter was absolutely outstanding. They really want to make sure you are completely satisfied everything. This is a steakhouse so I was a little disappointed when the steak was not cooked as ordered and had to go back. The sides were removed too in order to keep them warm while the steak was cooked a little longer. Although conscientious, all this is very distracting when trying to converse and enjoy dinner. It's assumed that an upscale steakhouse could cook a steak the correct way the first time. The horseradish mash potatoes and spinach with mushrooms were incredible and the drinks were made to perfection.Special Features:
- Great Food Server not so AttentiveAnniversaryExperienceDined on 7/26/2014My food was good. My husband said his food was excellent. He order the Cajun Season Steak. It was cooked just right,well done but not shoe leather and very juicy. Our server was placed on a big party and seemed to be busy with them. Overall I enjoyemy experience and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing ExperiencelocalpatronDined on 7/25/2014I had an amazing experience at Morton's Steakhouse. I live just a few blocks down the street and never expected to be in such awe. The waiter was very attentive to our needs and my reservation was honored by the lovely host. The manager even came out to check on us which was such a pleasure. Not only was the food a pure delight but the music and ambiance makes you want to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's is back to original level!foodloversfamilyDined on 7/9/2014Service always top notch, the steaks back to old high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- generally boringlaurindaDined on 7/2/2014Nothing particularly interesting. neither the decor, the service, the graciousness of the staff and certainly not the presentation.
- ExceptionalPassionate4foodDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I dine at Morton's a minimum of once per month. The food is always perfectly prepared. The staff is attentive, personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticrussianbearDined on 6/21/2014Food was great, server was awesome, and drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- ExcellentLadyC8462Dined on 6/20/2014I went here for the first time for my 31st birthday. We all had the $49 4 course menu. All the food was delicious. I had a mojito that was perfectly made. My boyfriend had the Morton's Barrel Aged Manhattan which was smooth. Each portion was nice. We definitely got our money's worth. The best part was our menus said Happy Birthday and we received a photo as well. I highly recommend this restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TGBTGDined on 6/20/2014The food, waiter, and staff were great. We were the loudest table of four with laughter and celebrating our wedding anniversary with our adult sons. Had a great, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank Youyourthebest6202014Dined on 6/20/2014I want to thank everyone for making our 34th wedding anniversary a very memorable experience. You are all great. Each and every person that took care of us.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRoxytravelsDined on 6/18/2014I prefer it for business or meeting people out in Ft Laud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standards SliptmuvinonDined on 6/15/2014Disapppointing! The service was excellent. This restaurant has established a high bar for itself. On this night it failed to reach its mark. The onion soup was weak and where were the onions? I had a rib eye. It was cooked medium rare as ordered, and well seasoned. The meat was tough and had far too much gristle. It was hard to believe that this was USDA prime beef. Maybe it was just Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Happy Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The service with James and staff was OUTSTANDING. Filet minon was excellent. Potatoes (lyonase and au gratin) were so so. Double cut pork chops were horrible...rubbery. It was too busy in the kitchen to send them back and order something else. We brought them home thinking we could salvage them - but could not and ended up throwing them out. Parking is uncomfortable for disabled persons as the walk from where one leaves the car to restaurant is l o n g. Parking attendant did not really help us get in and out. Overall, it was not worth the $200 we spent there. Will be searching for another steak house.
- Ribeye BURNT instead of PittsburghLuvtoEatDined on 6/13/2014It is unfortunate, we had our FIRST Bad experience at Mortons. We visit Mortons about a dozen times a year and continue to go back because the Food and The Service is simply The Best! However, this evening we had another couple with us and we tried a Brand New Appeatizer and it was Salty Beyond Words, SOFTSHELL CRAB OVER CAPERS WITH SAUCE and it was way too SALTY! We certainly could have lived with that. BUT - the BoneIn Ribeye my husband ordered was CHARCOALED BURNT! - He ask for medium and pittsburgh.... perhaps Mortons is not able to pittsburgh, this is the first time he ever ordered a pittsburgh steak from Mortons. It was Extremely Bad, I insisted that he send it back, but he didn't want to. Waiter should have corrected this!Special Features:
- Annivarsary 49thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014It was a wonderful dining experience, food and service was excellent. The manmager was superSpecial Features:
- LobbycoachDined on 6/7/2014Another Fantastic dining experience at Morton's! Awesome food and service!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceCamelot75Dined on 6/1/2014We had a great time at Morton's! We went there to celebrate our anniversary. It was soooooo good! It is definitely not within our normal price range as a family with young kids but we did have a $200 giftcard to spend so were able to try several of your delicious dishes! Excellent service, food and atmosphere. I love how the maitre d came by to take our picture, and then printed it out within minutes to give to us as a keepsake of our anniversary celebration. Also, we enoyed the most delicious chocolate cake & ice cream on the house as a sweet anniversary comp! All in all, great great experience! :)Special Features:
- $252 wastedmariecDined on 5/20/2014We have been to several Morton's. Last year in Coral Gables which was excellent. Our meal at Ft Lauderdale restaurant was terrible. I ordered Lump Crab appetizer, Rib Eye & sautéed Brocclini, my husband had 2 Scotch, scallop appetizer, Filet, hasbrowns, 2 bottles water ($18)! My steak ($47) was extra fatty, veins thru middle, tough time cutting. I have had better rib eye from Publix"s. The Brocclini was hard & overpowered with garlic, bread was not fresh even though it was somewhat heated with burned onions on top! What about people who do not eat onions?!? I had NO ALCOHOL!! All this so so meal came to $252 more than our 1 bedroom ocean view suite at Hilton Beach Resort! I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Not like it used to be.Dinning4lifeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Mortons went completely downhill. From the service to the food to the experience. I have been a loyal regular customer for many years. On this occasion we decided to go to ft Lauderdale location instead of aventura because the last 2 times at that location the food was not good at all.when we arrived we decided to sit in the bar on a Saturday night. The place was dead. We were ignored by wait staff and greeted with no enthusiasm. Our food was edible but cooked improperly and portions looked like they we're cut in half. Nothing like it used to be. The quality of the food and the service has changed dramatically. Goodbye to Morton's. The table next to us said they thought outback was better. Sad.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We had a great time with everything we have been given when we were dining there. We enjoyed very much and appreciated the food and service received. Thank you very much for every one at the restaurant, especially the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's is the best!mdmorrisonDined on 5/15/2014I would not choose any restaurant over morton's. They are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014I actually chose Morton's because I'd never been there before and it was my birthday. The ambiance was nice, the atmosphere was nice and mellow (with the exception of a loud party right next to us) and the service was excellent. The food was INCREDIBLY FLAVORFUL AND DELICIOUS!! I would definitely go again and recommend it to friends/family.Special Features:
- superb ambience but lacks serviceGutomNaAkoDined on 5/9/2014Ambience is very romantic. Service was so-so. The waiter seemed like he was overloaded with work. For a "$$$$" restaurant, it felt like the service was sub-par. I have dined in Council Oaks before and I find them more attentive. The waiter that served us had an "air" of attitude that does not translate to friendliness. Eventhough we had questions about the menu, we just opted not to ask because of that. However, this place is perfect for a romantic dinner. The lighting is phenomenal. The table spacing is not too far but is enough for privacy. The steaks are perfectly prepared cooked. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special anniversary experienceMikeDined on 5/6/2014We have eaten at several Morton's over the years. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and they helped me make it a special experience. The customized a menu with happy 30th on it, they took a picture of us and placed it on the table and brought us a complimentary desert. Every course was excellent, perfectly prepared and generous portions. Overall, it was a great experience. My wife was thrilledSpecial Features:
- The following 727 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- AwesomeMatty22Dined on 5/3/2014Best steak in a long time. Management was great along with the food and wine. Not a thing to complain about.Special Features:
- celebrationTripleGVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great place to celebrate anniversary, birthday or special daySpecial Features:
- Consistently good meal & servicekikosrunerVIPDined on 5/2/2014Our server was attentive and couldn't be nipper to my children and parents. The food as always, was great and cooked to perfection. The music playing over the speakers was loud, and we had to ask several times for it to be turned down so we could hear each other speak. Thought the sound was not adjusted to our liking, the manager did come an discuss with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar / Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Were booked in for dinner - but the Happy Hour special grabbed our attention. Cocktails followed by "Amazing" Burgers paired with their Special Select Red Wine - made for a great night.Special Features:
- Verygood.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014As I checked above - Outstanding service, good food but over-priced, horrible location, bad parking experience if you don't want to let your nice car be parked just by anyone. There are other restaurants that are more easily accessible and have similar good food. I would only return for a special occasion, but would not make it my weekly treat.Special Features:
- Morton's FLL April 2014RJChicagoDined on 4/20/2014Our server (JoAnn) was outstanding and did a great job. We noticed that the entire staff worked as a team, assisting in clearing tables, etc. We inquired about the peach cobbler desert, if it would be available later in the year when we visit again and the manager said to just let them know ahead when we are coming and if they don't have it on the menu they would get peaches and prepare for us - THAT IS HOW CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DONE. I also mentioned that I would have preferred it chilled vs. warm (as it is on the menu) - the server said that The steak I have, bone in rib eye, is only the 2nd time I can recall not using A-1 or other steak sauce - it was so perfectly cooked and flavorful. Overall and outstanding experience.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY EXCELLENTMIAMIMIKIEDined on 4/20/2014SINCE DECEMBER OF 1978, MORTONS HAS CONSISTENTLY DELIVERED THE BEST HIGH QUALITY FOOD AND SERVICE. WE ARE THANKFUL THAT THE FORT LAUDERDALE LOCATION CONTINUES THAT HISTORY.Special Features:
- Best Steak AroundJoe5Dined on 4/19/2014We love Morton's for special occasions and business functions. Visited on our 23rd anniversary received a personalized menu and photo. All I can say if you enjoy quality beef this is the place. We don't eat anything that swims or flies so great steak is very dear to us. Service is impeccable to say the least Managers float around checking on your table making certain everything is up to par. We like that in great service. Can not go wrong.Special Features:
- BirthdayRichDined on 4/16/2014We took my 13 year old granddaughter out for her birthday. She fell in love with your restaurant. The staff was wonderful. The good was great, and she got to experience something new..crème broulee. She has already asked when we can go back. Waiter was phenomenally friendly, helpful, and very sweet to my granddaughter. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Anniversary SpecialSandTDined on 4/1/2014Great restaurant selection for a special anniversary. Food was terrific, they did an excellent job making us feel special and topped it off with a dessert on them to celebrate. Would come back anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but not excellent.alexbDined on 3/28/2014Made a mistake and order the strip instead of my regular filet. Very tough even though I got it cook medium. Overall was a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Fine dinningMortonsdiningexperienceVIPDined on 3/28/2014The waiter was wonderful, the food was good but I thought very expensive. I have dined at other Morton's before. I liked this one. I don't think it's any better than another steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowPeteDined on 3/22/2014Went to Morton's as a spur of the moment decision. It was absolutely a 5-star experience: great food that was perfectly cooked, excellent service, and warm setting. It is an expensive meal but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.