Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
1050 Connecticut Ave
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 2029555997x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 2:30 - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Located on the Mezzanine Level of the Washington Square Building
Valet Parking Available Friday & Saturday for Dinner - $8
Garage Parking Available Sunday - Thursday located on 18th St.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Pick up only.
- Special Events: Morton's in Washington DC (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/washingtondc
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (42)notable wine list (35)great for lunch (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Food and ServiceEchoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had a great dinner at Morton's. Had their summer special menu and was a great deal.Special Features:
- Outstanding overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Was celebrating loved ones birthday.Was greeted with Happy Birthday as soon as our reservation confirmed then as we walked to table and sat.No less than 4 of your staff all wished her HB!She commented that she was made to feel like she was the only person in the establishment.Robert was awesome as was our hostess(young African American lady with curly hair).Service was impeccable.Even person that came to table with extras tray for baked potato spoke to her in Spanish and made her feel special.Constant trips to table to check on us.Complimentary picture by hostess unbeknownst to us made my loved ones daySpent over 3 hours there and did not want to leave.Again Robert and rest of your staff were awesomeThank you for a day we will not forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For Business MeetingBB510VIPDined on 8/27/2014I highly recommend Morton's for business lunches. The service is excellent. The wait staff is prompt and courteous. The lunch menu offers good sized portion of delicious food. I had the salmon salad. The salmon was perfectly cooked. One of my guests had the steak salad and the other had shrimp and scallops. Both raved about their meals. We shared the berries and cream for dessert. The fruit was fresh and sweet. While we were in no rush, Morton's makes it rather easy to conduct business, eat a delicious meal and impress clients within an hour. I highly recommend Morton's for lunch.Special Features:
- Food was good, still disappointedmeasureformeasureDined on 8/23/2014It was our anniversary. We were greeted warmly with "Happy Anniversary" at the door, given a menu that said happy anniversary and had an anniversary photo taken. That was pretty much it about our anniversary. I told our waiter my drink was weak, he took it back to the bartender, returned and said the bartender had put another shot in it and to my taste it was exactly the same. I didn't say anything but after that the service declined, maybe because I had complained. Service was slow, it took 20 minutes to get our check. When we asked our waiter to take a photo he said, "I'll turn that over to someone whose job it is to take photos." Maybe he meant--someone who can do it better than me--but that's not how it came across. Sadly disappointed.
- Lobster SpecialkgindcVIPDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately, the four of us agreed that the lobster special wasn't very special, since it was very tough. I guess one needs to stick to steak at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversaryamfno1Dined on 8/22/2014Morton's was great. I just mentioned in my reservation that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and they had personalized menus, a complimentary dessert and provided us with our own souvenir picture in it's own Morton's case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Took a friend for a birthday dinner and since I included it in my reservation, the host said Happy Birthday to my guest and they had personalized menus for us which really made my guest feel excited.Special Features:
- Landry memberCelebratingVIPDined on 8/17/2014I made a reservation stating I was a Landry member and it was my anniversary. Always in boston I am offered a after dinner cocktail and the manager always greats me. None of this was done in DC, disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was good, not the restkjaopentableVIPDined on 8/16/2014My steak was nicely prepared. The rest of my meal was OK to OK+ (no more) and the arugula garnish with my entree did not look fresh. Service was substantially below the level I expected, with some surprising lapses -- the waiter repeatedly shouted to me across the room (perhaps contributing to the unacceptably energetic level of noise in the dining room), forgot to deliver a glass of wine and then splashed wine out of my glass while trying to show off while pouring it, etc. Moreover, I didn't like that I was pressured to order items that were more expensive than I cared to pay. Finally, there are some little things that could be easily corrected -- ex: why serve bread and butter without a butter knife (only a very large steak knife)?
- High classiDougDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here for DC restaurant week. The atmosphere was very classy and romantic, food was great and the server was professional. However, I had a feeling that the server was being curt because we were a young couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business farewell luncheonGevans4503VIPDined on 8/15/2014Morton's has been our go-to place for group luncheons and dinners for many years. Food and ambiance always good. We appreciated the 'special' touches they did for our retiring colleague (special 'good luck' menu, carrot cake, group photo for everyone). Our meals were delicious. Service was a little slow towards the end (we arrived at noon, and left about 2:20 pm), but the waitress was very friendly and knowledgable, and of course we don't know what other factors caused the delay in getting the check. We will continue to celebrate at Morton's Connecticut Avenue whenever we get the chance. Thank you all.Special Features:
- Best steak in townARTEDined on 8/14/2014Overall a great dinning experience, excellent steaks, very good service - a very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:
- WillDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant is quite large and spacious. First floor with good outside light. Plenty of room between tables, making it suitable for conversation. Service was very good. I went for restaurant week for which the menu was unusually limited. No steak of any kind. Staff were helpful with substitutions. The pulled pork was so-so. The food contained an extraordinary amount of garlic.
- No steak for Restaurant Week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Morton's didn't provide a preview menu for Restaurant Week. Now, I believe it was because it didn't offer a steak on its lunch menu. Had I known that beforehand, I probably would have chosen a different restaurant to go to for Restaurant Week. I didn't expect a big steak but a petite offering would have been nice. I ended up getting the crab cake BLT which was good but not exactly what I went to Morton's for. However, the chocolate mousse dessert was excellent. I haven't had such a delicious mousse in a long time. That would be worth going back for. My friend had the salmon salad. The salmon looked wonderfully seared, and she gave it a thumbs up. The wait staff was very welcoming and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic w/great serviceJeroddDined on 8/12/2014We visited this restaurant at lunch time (1:30p) during restaurant week. It was very suitable for couples or whatever size your party is. The service was great. Although we had a server, if any of the servers saw that we were finish with a dish, they came to take items away or bring water. The food was great. The salmon was outstanding. I was very pleased with my visit and would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceEchoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Visited Morton's for Restaurant week and had a great experience. The quality of food and portions were excellent and had a really good server. Definitely well be back soon.Special Features:
- HUGE DisappointmentLaurakayDined on 8/9/2014When we first sat down and ordered drinks, we were informed that they did not serve a drink of our choice. We ordered something different. When we ordered second, we were informed that they had "ran out" of the ingredients. Asked for our bread 4x's before it finally came. Onion Soup was barely warm and lettuce in ceasar salad was browning. Fast forward to the entrée - steak one presented as very rare (when ordered medium) and steak 2 presented as medium (when ordered medium rare). A terrible experience from the moment we sat down.
- Great steakTxgurlDined on 8/9/2014The filet mingion was great. So tender. Our server was very attentive and my glass was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTravelerVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was cold and the service inattentive. I needed to flag down the manager to ask them to heat my meal.
- Celebrating BirthdaysEnergyLivingDined on 7/31/2014Celebrating a friend's Birthday, everyone greeted her by her first name and gave her happy birthday wishes. She was given a complementary dessert...and wait for it: A souvenir menu with a personal greeting. Happy Birthday, Karen at the top of the menu. The food was perfectly cooked and the desserts were heavenly. I will celebrate ALL birthdays at Morton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Seriously overpriced. The food was mediocre at best. My steak was dry and flavorless. Asparagus was lovely to look at, but tough. Excellent service. The dining room was virtually empty but when I tried to reserve a table for 6:30, the online system would only allow me to reserve at a later time.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and noise levelJuliTuliVIPDined on 7/29/2014Morton's continues to have exceptional food and is a great place to host a client. You don't have to talk over noise or music.Special Features:
- NightowlDined on 7/26/2014Everything was great with the exception of the food not being as hot as it should be when served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentbummerDined on 7/25/2014Escargot and app salad were delicious, then it went downhill. Food arrived cold. Filet was raw. Shrimp was so broiled, I couldn't cut through it with my steak knife. So sad.
- What a Birthday Dinner!DebyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Just simply the best experience I have had dining in DC in a long time. Everything, from entering to leaving, was first rate and we can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyentro303Dined on 7/18/2014The food quality was absolutely not up to par to the pricing...
- A DisappointmentopsanVIPDined on 7/15/2014I expect far more from Morton's and their parent chain, Landry's. I was a single-party diner, on a low-volume night, but, there was a big group in a private room nearby; no reason I should have felt rushed. My order was simple: wedge salad, mixed grill and their spinach / mushroom side .. with the explicit request to the server: I am not in a rush tonight (as I wasn't). Salad was lovely, but the entrée showed up prior to my finishing it .. with the offer to 'take it back'. I accepted it, but was warned: "the plate is very hot" .. of course, it was very hot because it had already sat under a heat lamp. My MR filet was tough on the outside, prawns were overcooked, and the scallops had a hard sheen on them.
- Delicious day!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014Saw the game in the bar, bartenders were great and food excellent. Everything cooked to perfect. Robert and Colleen were fantastic and stopped by to see if there was anything we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceMadVetDined on 7/12/2014Very good food. Vine list a bit expansive, but acceptable. Everage price is $110 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak restaurantbjgsDined on 7/12/2014Entree of steak, creamed spinach and desert were terrific. Halibut was dry. Service excellent.Special Features:
- PremiumpremiumDined on 7/11/2014For my anniversary they provided a premium experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014I have always loved Morton's and thought it was high-brow, but it seems the clientele is no longer top notch with people coming in with shorts and flip flops. Also, my beloved favorite of over 15 years, the souffle, Landry's has changed that now. I can get an expensive steak anywhere, not sure I need to get it here it any more. Although, the service remains impecable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Morton's downtown D.C. is busier during the week than on the weekend so we practically had the restaurant to ourselves.The service was excellent!Special Features:
- Great staffRhondaDined on 6/27/2014The staff was amazing - the best ever and this was our first time. Went to celebrate a birthday for my boyfriend. My lobster was not the best but John's was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great serviceRhondaDined on 6/26/2014The lobster was ok... i never had an entire one before. Apparently there are male and female ones. My boyfriend to was celebrating his birthday , received the mail lobster and I received female Lobster. I was pretty grossed out because when I open mine all this black stuff can we hang out and kinda lost my appetite for it so I really didn't eat much of it. Other than that the service was outstanding and we enjoyed our time there and look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJAlexVIPDined on 6/21/2014I frequent Morton's in many states, and this by far was one of my worst experiences ever. The onion soup came out luke warm, my burger was supposed to be cooked medium and it came out well done, and the outside tables were missing the glass tops (we were not informed prior to sitting down), which made the table shake during the entire meal. Skip this location if you can.
- Food quality has gone downalexandriagirlVIPDined on 6/21/2014This used to be our #1 choice for steakhouses in DC. The cuts of steak we had (filet mignon and prime rib) had gone down a bit.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Great for nice client lunch. Food and service were good. Nice lunch menu selection. Nice atmosphere plus it was not crowded or loud.
- Another great Mortons experienceGatorDined on 6/17/2014Have routinely dined at Mortons on CT Ave in Washington, DC for years. At this lunch as on previous occasions, service was attentive without being intrusive, food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Good but something was missingConstructiveCriticismDined on 6/16/2014Long time fan of The Palm but received a gift card to Morton's. I've been to a few Morton's so figured I wouldn't feel too bad about breaking ranks. Food was great and service was good...shout out to Chris for the familiar steakhouse server rapport (although slightly pushy on the upsell...). Only real criticism was our reservation was for 2 @ 7:30 on Monday so it was virtually empty which is why I was little disappointed that they sat us at the first booth closest to host table...also still set as a four top. Didn't ask if we had any preferences on where we wanted to sit and no visit from the manager. I don't mean to nitpick but those levels of details from a place trying to brand itself as top restaurants are what separate good from great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.