Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
1050 Connecticut Ave
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 2029555997x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 2:30 - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Located on the Mezzanine Level of the Washington Square Building
Valet Parking Available Friday & Saturday for Dinner - $8
Garage Parking Available Sunday - Thursday located on 18th St.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Pick up only.
- Special Events: Morton's in Washington DC (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/washingtondc
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (37)good for groups (34)notable wine list (32)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was spectacular. The food, the people the location the lighting the chairs the tables and the drinks. We will be returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysBobFVVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our regular meeting spot for weekend steak dinners, we relax in the bar, then sit out on the covered and heated patio and enjoy our meals. Hockey game was on the TV. Service and food were excellent - I had my usual Cajun Ribeye - it was huge. Our favorite steakhouse in the DC area, and on Saturday night it is not too crowded, very pleasant and relaxed.Special Features:
- Shorted!CrankyDinerDined on 10/18/2014Some of the food the waitress brought was cold (the vegetables and my daughter's meal), and when I asked why my daughter had one short rib, scallops and mashed potatoes instead of just short ribs she told me "this is what is on the menu" which was erroneous. The dish she brought cost more and I had ordered side dishes since none of the meals we ordered came with any sides. On the other hand, each of our meat dishes was delicious and my daughter shared the meat the rest of us had since she was "shorted!"
- Unfit for foodies.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014This is a place for the old boys network to do deals and overeat. The steaks are properly cooked using high quality meat, but entirely uninspired. Sides are just filler, adequately executed but bring little to the experience. Excessive portion sizes; we ordered as little as possible while aiming for a well-rounded meal (i.e., not eating just steak), and left more food than we ate. This for an haute cuisine price.
- I was amazedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I went to this restaurant because I wanted to make my boyfriend's birthday very special. .. and that's exactly what mortons did... they personalized the menu for him... remembered that I didn't want them to sing happy birthday and took a photo of us before leaving. I was so pleased I left a 40.00 top. . Well worth it... I recommend this place especially the one in dc... thanks. If yea I got pork chop..Amazing. . He gota new York strip. . Delicious. . Shared veggies he got 2 glasses of wine and a cocktail. ..I dont drink. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Dining ExperienceMidwestTransplantDined on 10/8/2014I chose Morton's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was a very pleasant experience and certainly met all of my expectations. I hadn't dined at Morton's for a number of years but everything still held true to my memory. Cost is a bit pricey but well worth it! Bravo to everyone - from the hostess to the wait staff and the chef. Great Job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4,5 StarsDocKaiDined on 10/2/2014The lobster was a bit dry and the Espresso did not work. Excellent steaks and great wines. Excellent Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from MississippikdulaneyDined on 10/1/2014My daughter and I celebrated her birthday at Morton's while I was visiting from out of town. They did a great job making her day extra special! We will definately eat here again in the future!Special Features:
- JoeyDined on 9/25/2014Service and food were extremely good. However the bus person for the table was very unprofessional.Special Features:
- First ClassVLawDined on 9/25/2014A well known, seasoned and sophisticated restaurant that serves only the finest quality and robust cuisine in a luxurious business setting in the heart of the Golden Triangle. First class menu - steaks and chops supreme, but pricey -- with personal and attentive service. The Maitre' D is sophisticated, worldly and excellent at her position and she personally attends to your slightest wish. Hard to beat in DC for both doing business and enjoying life's dining pleasures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!Celebrate20thDined on 9/20/2014This was my first time at Morton's. My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and it was an awesome experience! The food was spot on. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We were even visited by someone on the management staff who took our picture as a commemorative souvenir of the night and they gave us desert on the house. I don't know about the other locations, but the Morton's in downtown D.C. is first class!Special Features:
- zibokzibokVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had to have an early dinner on Friday in Downtown D.C. I've been at different Morton's many times but this one was really not good at all from all points. Strange but probably it was not a good Friday neither for Morton's nor for us.Special Features:
- Not bad for lunchdecentseafoodforMSPVIPDined on 9/17/2014Went for lunch. The prefixed menu was a fair deal and the food was tasty. Would be an excellent place for a business meal. Very conservative surroundings.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceEchoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had a great dinner at Morton's. Had their summer special menu and was a great deal.Special Features:
- Outstanding overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Was celebrating loved ones birthday.Was greeted with Happy Birthday as soon as our reservation confirmed then as we walked to table and sat.No less than 4 of your staff all wished her HB!She commented that she was made to feel like she was the only person in the establishment.Robert was awesome as was our hostess(young African American lady with curly hair).Service was impeccable.Even person that came to table with extras tray for baked potato spoke to her in Spanish and made her feel special.Constant trips to table to check on us.Complimentary picture by hostess unbeknownst to us made my loved ones daySpent over 3 hours there and did not want to leave.Again Robert and rest of your staff were awesomeThank you for a day we will not forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For Business MeetingBB510VIPDined on 8/27/2014I highly recommend Morton's for business lunches. The service is excellent. The wait staff is prompt and courteous. The lunch menu offers good sized portion of delicious food. I had the salmon salad. The salmon was perfectly cooked. One of my guests had the steak salad and the other had shrimp and scallops. Both raved about their meals. We shared the berries and cream for dessert. The fruit was fresh and sweet. While we were in no rush, Morton's makes it rather easy to conduct business, eat a delicious meal and impress clients within an hour. I highly recommend Morton's for lunch.Special Features:
- Food was good, still disappointedmeasureformeasureDined on 8/23/2014It was our anniversary. We were greeted warmly with "Happy Anniversary" at the door, given a menu that said happy anniversary and had an anniversary photo taken. That was pretty much it about our anniversary. I told our waiter my drink was weak, he took it back to the bartender, returned and said the bartender had put another shot in it and to my taste it was exactly the same. I didn't say anything but after that the service declined, maybe because I had complained. Service was slow, it took 20 minutes to get our check. When we asked our waiter to take a photo he said, "I'll turn that over to someone whose job it is to take photos." Maybe he meant--someone who can do it better than me--but that's not how it came across. Sadly disappointed.
- Lobster SpecialkgindcVIPDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately, the four of us agreed that the lobster special wasn't very special, since it was very tough. I guess one needs to stick to steak at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversaryamfno1Dined on 8/22/2014Morton's was great. I just mentioned in my reservation that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and they had personalized menus, a complimentary dessert and provided us with our own souvenir picture in it's own Morton's case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Took a friend for a birthday dinner and since I included it in my reservation, the host said Happy Birthday to my guest and they had personalized menus for us which really made my guest feel excited.Special Features:
- Landry memberCelebratingVIPDined on 8/17/2014I made a reservation stating I was a Landry member and it was my anniversary. Always in boston I am offered a after dinner cocktail and the manager always greats me. None of this was done in DC, disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was good, not the restkjaopentableVIPDined on 8/16/2014My steak was nicely prepared. The rest of my meal was OK to OK+ (no more) and the arugula garnish with my entree did not look fresh. Service was substantially below the level I expected, with some surprising lapses -- the waiter repeatedly shouted to me across the room (perhaps contributing to the unacceptably energetic level of noise in the dining room), forgot to deliver a glass of wine and then splashed wine out of my glass while trying to show off while pouring it, etc. Moreover, I didn't like that I was pressured to order items that were more expensive than I cared to pay. Finally, there are some little things that could be easily corrected -- ex: why serve bread and butter without a butter knife (only a very large steak knife)?
- High classiDougDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here for DC restaurant week. The atmosphere was very classy and romantic, food was great and the server was professional. However, I had a feeling that the server was being curt because we were a young couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business farewell luncheonGevans4503VIPDined on 8/15/2014Morton's has been our go-to place for group luncheons and dinners for many years. Food and ambiance always good. We appreciated the 'special' touches they did for our retiring colleague (special 'good luck' menu, carrot cake, group photo for everyone). Our meals were delicious. Service was a little slow towards the end (we arrived at noon, and left about 2:20 pm), but the waitress was very friendly and knowledgable, and of course we don't know what other factors caused the delay in getting the check. We will continue to celebrate at Morton's Connecticut Avenue whenever we get the chance. Thank you all.Special Features:
- Best steak in townARTEDined on 8/14/2014Overall a great dinning experience, excellent steaks, very good service - a very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:
- WillDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant is quite large and spacious. First floor with good outside light. Plenty of room between tables, making it suitable for conversation. Service was very good. I went for restaurant week for which the menu was unusually limited. No steak of any kind. Staff were helpful with substitutions. The pulled pork was so-so. The food contained an extraordinary amount of garlic.
- No steak for Restaurant Week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Morton's didn't provide a preview menu for Restaurant Week. Now, I believe it was because it didn't offer a steak on its lunch menu. Had I known that beforehand, I probably would have chosen a different restaurant to go to for Restaurant Week. I didn't expect a big steak but a petite offering would have been nice. I ended up getting the crab cake BLT which was good but not exactly what I went to Morton's for. However, the chocolate mousse dessert was excellent. I haven't had such a delicious mousse in a long time. That would be worth going back for. My friend had the salmon salad. The salmon looked wonderfully seared, and she gave it a thumbs up. The wait staff was very welcoming and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic w/great serviceJeroddDined on 8/12/2014We visited this restaurant at lunch time (1:30p) during restaurant week. It was very suitable for couples or whatever size your party is. The service was great. Although we had a server, if any of the servers saw that we were finish with a dish, they came to take items away or bring water. The food was great. The salmon was outstanding. I was very pleased with my visit and would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceEchoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Visited Morton's for Restaurant week and had a great experience. The quality of food and portions were excellent and had a really good server. Definitely well be back soon.Special Features:
- HUGE DisappointmentLaurakayDined on 8/9/2014When we first sat down and ordered drinks, we were informed that they did not serve a drink of our choice. We ordered something different. When we ordered second, we were informed that they had "ran out" of the ingredients. Asked for our bread 4x's before it finally came. Onion Soup was barely warm and lettuce in ceasar salad was browning. Fast forward to the entrée - steak one presented as very rare (when ordered medium) and steak 2 presented as medium (when ordered medium rare). A terrible experience from the moment we sat down.
- Great steakTxgurlDined on 8/9/2014The filet mingion was great. So tender. Our server was very attentive and my glass was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTravelerVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was cold and the service inattentive. I needed to flag down the manager to ask them to heat my meal.
- Celebrating BirthdaysEnergyLivingDined on 7/31/2014Celebrating a friend's Birthday, everyone greeted her by her first name and gave her happy birthday wishes. She was given a complementary dessert...and wait for it: A souvenir menu with a personal greeting. Happy Birthday, Karen at the top of the menu. The food was perfectly cooked and the desserts were heavenly. I will celebrate ALL birthdays at Morton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Seriously overpriced. The food was mediocre at best. My steak was dry and flavorless. Asparagus was lovely to look at, but tough. Excellent service. The dining room was virtually empty but when I tried to reserve a table for 6:30, the online system would only allow me to reserve at a later time.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and noise levelJuliTuliVIPDined on 7/29/2014Morton's continues to have exceptional food and is a great place to host a client. You don't have to talk over noise or music.Special Features:
- NightowlDined on 7/26/2014Everything was great with the exception of the food not being as hot as it should be when served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentbummerDined on 7/25/2014Escargot and app salad were delicious, then it went downhill. Food arrived cold. Filet was raw. Shrimp was so broiled, I couldn't cut through it with my steak knife. So sad.
- What a Birthday Dinner!DebyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Just simply the best experience I have had dining in DC in a long time. Everything, from entering to leaving, was first rate and we can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyentro303Dined on 7/18/2014The food quality was absolutely not up to par to the pricing...
- A DisappointmentopsanVIPDined on 7/15/2014I expect far more from Morton's and their parent chain, Landry's. I was a single-party diner, on a low-volume night, but, there was a big group in a private room nearby; no reason I should have felt rushed. My order was simple: wedge salad, mixed grill and their spinach / mushroom side .. with the explicit request to the server: I am not in a rush tonight (as I wasn't). Salad was lovely, but the entrée showed up prior to my finishing it .. with the offer to 'take it back'. I accepted it, but was warned: "the plate is very hot" .. of course, it was very hot because it had already sat under a heat lamp. My MR filet was tough on the outside, prawns were overcooked, and the scallops had a hard sheen on them.