Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown
303 Peachtree Center Avenue
SunTrust Plaza Building
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 4045774366
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm and Friday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Atlanta hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/atlanta
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (61)notable wine list (57)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Steaks!MikeDined on 9/14/2014The feel of the dining room is comfortable; just fine for an intimant dinner. The menu selection is diverse with a notable wine list. The wait staff was very attentive to the diner's needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time was differentFredjohnDined on 9/13/2014Great overall, but there a few bumps along the way. It started with being seated in a small corner of the restaurant and being very close to another party. My wife and I decided to give it a chance but another party of three guys behind us drinking and talking loud made that impossible. I requested to be sat elsewhere. The next location was great. Our waiter was great at first. He became "ok" when I told him we were ordering the end of summer special. From there, it seemed that there was a need to get us "in and out" quickly. My wife and I made the best of it. Our steak, sides, and dessert were delicious. I am likely to go back but hoping for a better experience. All previous experiences were much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 9/6/2014Once again, we left Morton's in a very happy state. The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- ExceptionalRogerDined on 9/4/2014Morton's is one of my favorites. Always great food and exceptional service. My number of people for the meal was a little fluid and with each change they were hospitable and helpful.
- Jury is still outHungryDined on 9/2/2014Several of my parties steaks had to be sent back because, they were not cooked to their specifications.Special Features:
- Service was impeccableAtlantaVIPDined on 8/31/2014After 3 full days of DragonCon, friends and I wanted a respite from the crowds and a taste of civilization. My friends and I are foodies, and with Mortons a short block from the Marriott it was kismet. There were tables available. Although two of us were in costumes the staff was gracious and kind. Our waitress was courteous and attentive and the food was excellent. My only negative was the lobster bisque, which lacked the depth of flavor / lobster creaminess one would expect. It was also a little runny. The rest of our meal was lovely. We had such a delightful time, two of us stayed later to enjoy a few glasses of port.Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurantluvgrtfoodDined on 8/30/2014My family will definitely be eating here for more special upcoming occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightHighlightDined on 8/29/2014Morton's evening was a delight. It took care of 14 hungry adults, two 6 year olds, one 3 year old and one three WEEK old. The food was fantastic, as usual and we felt as if we were at home. Our special family outing was just wonderful! Thank you Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableCocomotoDined on 8/28/2014Great place for a special occasion! Very romantic and the staff were very helpful. Food too good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I have come to expect...happyfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We treated our son to a Morton's steak the night before he left for China. I was so disappointed with the quality of the meal and the ambiance. We were seated next to the kitchen and I could hear and see kitchen staff arguing with wait staff. The music was so loud we couldn't have a conversation. I asked for it to be turned down but it wasn't. The food was mediocre at best. Our waitress dropped the salads in the floor. I felt like I was at Waffle House. The one thing my daughter wanted was onion rings. It was on the menu but they didn't have any. One of our party asked for pasta and mushrooms and they forgot the mushrooms altogether. My filet had gristle throughout the steak. It's a shame my son's last American meal was so...blah.Special Features:
- DisappointingLBACEDined on 8/22/2014Went to Mortons expecting a high quality dining experiance and walked away very disappointed. The steaks ordered were high in fat marble, and gristly. For spending $ 55.00 per steak, we expected a lot more. Side items ordered were okay, but meager in porportion for the cost. Overall, the 4 people in our party were very disappointed in this experiance from a so called high quality steakhouse.
- Great RestaurantWadeBDined on 8/17/2014We took advantage of restaurant week and visited Morton's steakhouse, we ordered from the special menu they had for the week and everything was great, out of the 4 of us everyone enjoyed their meals. My wife had the steak and I had the stuffed shrimp, it was all good from the appetizers right down to the dessert. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLadycop77Dined on 8/17/2014Our group visited Atlanta on 8/19-8/22. We chose Morton's for a birthday celebration for my sister. The wait was none. The food and service were both great. The price was even better. We went on the end of restaurant week. I would recommend Morton's for food and drink and day. Thanks Morton's for a great time.Special Features:
- Over seasoned food and bad serviceLoveyinAtlantaDined on 8/17/2014My soup had too much rosemary seasoning, my replacement salad was just plain lettuce and no tomato or onion w/ dressing, my pork chop was double cut and raw in the middle and had to be cooked more. Management was not concerned about the multiple issues with my meal and discounted my feedback. The waiter was not friendly and did not refill the beverages, we was uninterested in serving our table, since we all ordered the $35 restaurant week special. The only positive was that we did not spend $100 a person from the regular menu to get bad food with poor service!
- Restaurant weekDiamDined on 8/16/2014I went during restaurant week and food was great, pre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedfoodloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014I used to go to Morton in midtown to entertain my business clients. Now it was closed and I went to try this one in downtown as part of the restaurant week. The service was definitely not very friendly when I ordered the $35 special. The small steak I got was not well cooked. I can make better steak than that. I gave my valet ticket to the waiter so that they can pull my car to the door. When I got out, the valet told me my car was parked about 200 feet down the street and he said that it was more convenient to go get it myself. So much for $5 valet. I will not go back. I enjoyed the one in midtown before and I must have gone there over 10 times. But I will not go again to this one.
- fantastic!johnnyr0xDined on 8/16/2014My new favorite steak restaurant in Atlanta! We came here for Downtown Atlanta Restaurant Week. It was a great surprise as I had never heard of them. We really loved all the food here and the onion loaf was a really nice touch. We had the Tuna tower, Filet, salmon, creamed corn, and key lime pie. We will be back.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceSatisfactionSeekerDined on 8/16/2014As a first timer at Morton's, my experience was phenomenal from the moment I pulled into valet. The people matched professionalism from the valet to the receptionist to the server and most importantly our waiter, Brian. The food undoubtedly matched and I may have to say exceeded the outstanding ambiance and service. I was immensely pleased with the overall experience and am excited to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early SaurdayKmanDined on 8/16/2014Arrived at 6:45 and the restaurant was about 75% full. Probably because it was restaurant week thus less expensive (diner for 2 was $132 including valet). Great food and service. Only concerns were the high noise level and the tables rather close together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion. We were celebrating our anniversary. Morton's provided complimentary dessert, a very nice framed photo, and a personal menu announcing our anniversary. It is a bit pricy, therefore we can only go on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Atlanta Restaurant WeektekphanDined on 8/16/2014Excellent entrée options for Downtown Atlanta Restaurant week. My husband chose the Filet and I chose the stuffed shrimp. We shared and got the best of both worlds! As always, the service was exceptional, prompt and courteous. We frequent Morton's for special occasions and are never disappointed. Nice touch that our waiter asked for our valet ticket and sent for out car as we were paying for dinner. Also the wine recommendation was terrific-everyone liked the Riesling he suggested.Special Features:
- Consistency!!KappaSquare7Dined on 8/16/2014Morton's is great, but so all all of the restaurants under the Landry's brand! This is a wonderful spot with wonderful food and wonderful service. It will be like that EVERY time you come to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration NOT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I thought I would give my Wife of 27 years a really classy restaurant by going to Morton's. Don't bother. It was not only my anniversary but also my birthday. What a disappointment. Upon arrival we had a slight delay getting to the table, nice touch with menu's that said happy birthday and anniversary. We did choose off the $35 menu so we could get a taste of everything. My steak was nice but Karen's was under done. We ordered an extra side dish and when our food came the side was missing, we asked for it but it was delayed, causing our food to get cold. At the end my wife spoke to a waitress and told her about her steak being raw, and no action taken. No one asked us was our steak cooked to our liking Never going again!!Special Features:
- Special night outDatesonDined on 8/15/2014Excellent variety for restaurant week. Enjoyed the whole experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseMomoDined on 8/15/2014Morton's went out of their way to accommodate my boyfriend and guest for his surprise dinner. The staff is were extremely friendly and helpful in making the surprise dinner a success! They even through in some surprises I didn't know about! The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected so much moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014Ok, I get it....yes, it was restaurant week so the menu is smaller and the prices are lower...but honestly, I was really unimpressed with the food. The actual steak was amazing and cooked perfectly, but looking beyond that, my salad was nothing but cheap lettuce coated in dressing and the mashed potatoes could have been boxed. The wine list is incredibly overpriced (Kim Crawford for $60/bottle or $15/glass is a little excessive). The service was great, but I doubt it would be where I decide to spend my money for dinner.
- Downtown Atlanta Restaurant WeekClaireVIPDined on 8/13/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant, I found the hostess and management staff to be quite friendly. Although I went to Morton's specifically for the Downtown Restaurant Week promotion, there was no evidence that the restaurant was participating - no signs at the hostess stand, or at the tables. Our server did not present the Restaurant Week menu, so we had to ask for it. He replied, "Oh yes, that's our significantly reduced menu." While the server remained attentive throughout our meal, as did the management staff, no one asked how we were enjoying the Restaurant Week promotion. I think the restaurant missed an opportunity to gain a new loyal customer but not taking advantage of the Restaurant Week promotion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceCtcusf23Dined on 8/13/2014I enjoyed my first dinner at the downtown location. Food is good, as usual. The service was really good. The only downfall is that it was pretty noisy in the restaurant. I felt they could have had fewer tables. It seemed like they were trying to pack everyone in like sardines. A higher end restaurant like Morton's shouldn't have tables as close as they were, I would expect that at a Chili's. The experience was good though and because I know the food is consistently good I will be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Star MenuWouldRatherNotCookDined on 8/13/2014If you want to eat like a celebrity, go to Morton's Steakhouse in Atlanta! The service is superb and the food is OUTSTANDING! I started with the Ahi Tuna Tower with yummy won tons and was not at all disappointed. Then I had the most scrumptious crab stuffed jumbo shrimp with a savory angel hair pasta for my entree. When they say jumbo, they mean jumbo, PLUMP shrimp! The whole meal was lick your fingers good. I highly recommend this place. Will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but premium pricesI812Dined on 8/12/2014The truth is Morton's is for the wealthy and not the everyday man, unless he is willing to pay the piper on a special occasion. When a person pays $9 for a soda (one refill), you know you are in a place unapologetic to setting its prices (i.e. if you think about price, Morton's is not for you.) However, my filet was good and we had great service. The desserts were delicious. The interior style attempts to be mid-20th century classic, but leaves you wondering if this is really cool any longer. I am sure to those under 50 years of age, the answer is no. In the end, five of us went to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and it will be a good memory.Special Features:
- Should Have Been BetterDecaturrocksDined on 8/12/2014The dining room was very loud and the tables were pretty crowded in together. The food was delicious, but for the price one would expect a higher level of service, too. Our waiter was pushy and surly and kept trying to tell us what to order. He never smiled. The manager never came by to ask how everything was, which one would normally expect in a high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- Not my best experienceawesomebirthdaylunchDined on 8/11/2014I've always loved going to Morton's and countdown time between visits. However, this past visit was less than pleasant. From the get go, the waiter was rude and inattentive. I've never had service like this anywhere, let alone Morton's. After we told him we came for restaurant week he lost all interest in us as customers and did not check on us once. He took so long we even missed the movie we had planned to go see after dinner (we were seated at 6 and our movie began at 7:30 pm). He went as far as insulting my boyfriend for not knowing how he wanted his meat cooked! It was rude and completely unprofessional. I'm so disappointed and I will not be returning to the branch in Downtown Atlanta anytime soon.Special Features:
- Known for steak --stick to itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Went there for Downtown restaurant week. My wife's filet was excellent. I was sorry I ventured to the pork chop. Appetizer, house salad, and sides were not items we would order again if we return. Desserts were good -- nothing remarkable, but much better than the rest.
- Atlanta Restaurant WeekSeafoodandWineDined on 8/10/2014We choose to go to Morton's because they were participating in Atlanta's restaurant week. We ordered from the pre fixe menu and also ordered from the regular menu. The crab cake appetizer was really good and really overpriced at almost $20. The lettuce for the house salad was a bit wilted and actually tasted more like a ceasar salad. The drinks from the bar were way overpriced at $15 and were not good at all. But let's move on to the positives. The food, except the salad, was amazing. I had the stuffed jumbo shrimp and my wife had the salmon. The side dishes were really good as well. Even the bread was good. Service was great. And valet parking is always a plus (although it was $5 and not complimentary). Great date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FOOD & SERVICEJazzDined on 8/9/2014We heard nothing but GREAT reviews about Morton's and I must say they the Filet was Superb. One of the best wine list in town. Morton’s is now on my TOP 10 list of places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningGeminiDined on 8/9/2014Our experience with Morton steakhouse was a memorable occasion. Celebrated husband and brothers law birthday last weekend which just happen to be resturant weekSpecial Features:
- It was just okay...TheMrsDined on 8/9/2014Went for Downtown Atlanta Restaurant Week, but I checked out their regular menu as well as the one for restaurant week. Their prices are too high for their food to be so subpar! Smh...I was expecting much more, but they did not deliver. Definitely not somewhere I will go back to if I had to pay regular price. The Filet was cooked well but lacked flavor. Sauteed broccoli needed some flavor and I just was not impressed overall.
- Will's BirthdaySonjaADined on 8/9/2014My family celebrated Will's birthday this past weekend and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions were extremely smallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Portions were small. ...waiter was snobbish. Came in for deal that was emailed. ....very dissatisfiedSpecial Features:
- Steven BoggusLove2DineDined on 8/1/2014We loved dining at Morton's. The staff was excellent in helping us pair wines and also making our anniversary celebration memorable! We will definitely be going back! The good was amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.