Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown
303 Peachtree Center Avenue
SunTrust Plaza Building
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: (404) 577-4366
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm and Friday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Atlanta hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/atlanta
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Atlanta - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (54)notable wine list (51)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not the place for seafoodPremierdocDined on 11/20/2014I went looking to enjoy some great seafood and was very disappointed. I paid $60 for a pound of king crab legs. The quality of what I was served was not good. I received 2 thin legs including the end portions. At other high end restaurants the king legs usually are thicker and do not contain the end portions which contain the small slivers of meat that are harder to remove and have a low meat to shell ratio. The main problem was that it was absolutely taste less and watery. The chopped spinach salad just ok. The positives where the beautiful, tranquil atmosphere and the responsiveness of the manager. Due to the small size of the legs overall, I asked if it was really a full pound and he promptly took it back to the kitchen to way reweigh it confirming the portion size. Also, when my server came over to greet me she was holding the note with my name and had a very awkward moment of not being able to find my name on the paper. There was a long pause between when she said hello.........uh.....uh..... Ms Smith. I will return but only for the steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for steakHScottDined on 11/14/2014The lobster bisque was disappointing. Salads are decent. Bread is ok if you like the onion. The steaks are really where it's at. We had a ribeye (bone in) done medium and it was outstanding. I had just at at an upper end steakhouse in Texas and this steak was up for competition. My girl ordered the porterhouse med-well she couldn't finish it but heated it up the next day and it was still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Steak HouseDecaturiteDined on 11/14/2014Morton's was OK. The menu is extensive and the price point is high. Seems to be geared to a convention crowd on an expense account. The food was good, no culinary surprises here, just the old standard surf and turf. The salad was pretty plain with not distinction. None of my food was anything but warm - nothing like a seared scallop that is "warm". The service is very good and the atmosphere has a decidedly old school steak house vibe. The least expensive bottle of red wine was $50 which discourages a second bottle. Dinner for two - soup, salad, entree ( neither had steak) dessert and a bottle of wine - with tip $280. If you are downtown and want a cozy dinner with great service and steady, standard food, go for it.Special Features:
- Good food, services, and atmosphere.MasamasaDined on 11/12/2014Though we brought 2 small kids, it was comfortable for all our family members to enjoy food. Steak was really nice. My kids don't usually eat meat but they were willing to eat steak there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining and ambianceatlfoodieDined on 11/8/2014My husband took me to Morton's to celebrate my birthday. We heard great reviews on this restaurant. I was greeted with a Happy Birthday wish from the hostess. The food as well as the service was fantastic. I ordered a 6 oz. filet mignon and my husband ordered the chicken Christopher. The steak was very delicious and tender. I was given a free birthday desert and ordered the Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake. It was well worth the 25 minute wait for it. Thank you Morton's for a wonderful birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norton's - AnniversaryEDCUEDined on 11/8/2014Overall a great choice to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014It was a disappointing dinner for five - our expectations were high as it was Morton's. One would expect steaks at Morton's to be excellent and ours were not, certainly not for the restaurant price point. The seafood entre ordered was good. Service was just ok. The restaurant became very busy after we ordered and then service was slow.
- HMS InfallibleContractGuyDined on 11/3/2014An old addage says you never get fired for hiring IBM, and I think the same goes for Morton's Steakhouse. If you need to entertain, and put slabs of meat on nice plates, then, it is the place to go. The steaks are good, service upscale, and wine list and other menu items more than adequate. Everybody will be happy and surely your clients, coworkers or business partners will be impressed. However, just like IBM, Morton's is old school and what you see is what you get.Special Features:
- A Gem in AtlantaDavedave2Dined on 11/2/2014Thank you for a wonderful dining experience. From the moment we walked in and the host greeted us and wished us a Happy Anniversary the night was off to a superb start. Sandy made us feel very special and was a polished server that anticipated every request. Being a Food & Beverage Manager I do observe the staff and Sandy would get an A+ from us. The food was fabulous and my wine was also. We left full, happy, and looking forward to the next visit. Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerMauigirls2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went to Mortons for our anniversary. The staff did everything I requested. The staff was very helpful and professional The food was OUTSTANDING. We would recommended this restaurant for any special occasion. The restaurant is not Cheap but well worth every penny you spend. We are looking forward to returning. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 11/1/2014Waiter was knowledgeable,excellent in explaining dishes and very courteous.Parking was easy as they have valet in front.We arrived 30 min early but were seated in a few minutes.In all a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!SharonDined on 10/25/2014I took my husband out for his birthday. We had the steak and seafood meal for 61.99 a person. I had the caesar salad, filet minon, shrimp alexander(husband had crab cake and chocolate cake), and key lime pie. Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes for the sides. Everything was excellent. My husbands steak was well done when he ordered medium well. They redid the steak and the manager brought it out. I would recommend it to any and everyone. The staff also took a picture for his birthday as a keepsake. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar Service for The PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Our waitress wasn't attentive and on several occasions walked past our table without checking in even after we received our food. I felt like she was purposely avoiding us because she checked on the table next to us several times.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicerwryeFLDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter, Eric, took care of our party of four the other night. His recommendations were spot on, our steaks were cooked perfectly, and he's right - that is about the best carrot cake I've ever had. It was a bit noisy, but we had a table of 12 next to us, so not much you can do about that. I'll be back next week for another client dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKhaluaverseVIPDined on 10/1/2014I've always loved Morton's ribeye most of all. I was a little disappointed that the menu presentation is no longer. But the meal was delicious, the service was surpurb, and I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what Im used to from MortonsDon9724Dined on 9/29/2014Was told an hour after ordering that they were out of bone in rib eye...A steak house running out of steak? Some of the steaks came out raw in the middle ( cold center)- Ran out of Stella beer as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same07GTAFDined on 9/27/2014Morton's is not the same quality/service/experience it once was ... took my family there for my wife's birthday, food was good, but not $50 a plate good. Wine was good, but not $14/glass good ... will look for other steakhouses in the future.
- Interview SettingCDubsDined on 9/24/2014On this occasion it was an evening dinner interview. We arrived at approximately 9:00PM on a Wednesday and were one of four tables seated. Needless to say it was very quiet. The service was as expected and the food at Morton's is always good. Nothing either spectacular or adverse to report on this visit. I will say that in spite of our lingering at the table with so little attendance, we were never pressured to "speed it up" and the server was attentive throughout. Recognizing that the dinner was to be very interactive and on a pointed basis, the server was also good at not being obtrusive.
- Great 20 Year Anniversary Dinner!AuFanDined on 9/24/2014Thanks for making our 20 Anniversary dinner special. My wife & I really enjoyed it. We will be back! Hopefully around the first weekend in December if Auburn can make it back to the SEC Championship. War Eagle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerSteviedDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful experience dining at Morton's for our anniversary. The staff made it a memorable event for us. Our server, Sandy was fantastic and service was impeccable. The food was 5 star all the way. Thank you Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.threefeversDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 9th Anniversary at Morton's. We have always heard great things and wanted to try the place. However, it was not what I expected from a high end steakhouse. The valet was not friendly, didn't open the door, and did not even speak a word. He just hopped in the car and drove off. I was worried my car was being stolen. I had made a reservation for 2 and indicated it was our anniversary. Upon arrival, they sat us in the middle of the dining room on a table set for 4 and next to a party of 70. It would have been nicer if they had our table all ready and set for two and somewhere a little more romantic. Food was ok and service was great however its the details that make a better experience.Special Features:
- Great Steaks!MikeDined on 9/14/2014The feel of the dining room is comfortable; just fine for an intimant dinner. The menu selection is diverse with a notable wine list. The wait staff was very attentive to the diner's needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time was differentFredjohnDined on 9/13/2014Great overall, but there a few bumps along the way. It started with being seated in a small corner of the restaurant and being very close to another party. My wife and I decided to give it a chance but another party of three guys behind us drinking and talking loud made that impossible. I requested to be sat elsewhere. The next location was great. Our waiter was great at first. He became "ok" when I told him we were ordering the end of summer special. From there, it seemed that there was a need to get us "in and out" quickly. My wife and I made the best of it. Our steak, sides, and dessert were delicious. I am likely to go back but hoping for a better experience. All previous experiences were much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 9/6/2014Once again, we left Morton's in a very happy state. The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- ExceptionalRogerDined on 9/4/2014Morton's is one of my favorites. Always great food and exceptional service. My number of people for the meal was a little fluid and with each change they were hospitable and helpful.
- Jury is still outHungryDined on 9/2/2014Several of my parties steaks had to be sent back because, they were not cooked to their specifications.Special Features:
- Service was impeccableAtlantaVIPDined on 8/31/2014After 3 full days of DragonCon, friends and I wanted a respite from the crowds and a taste of civilization. My friends and I are foodies, and with Mortons a short block from the Marriott it was kismet. There were tables available. Although two of us were in costumes the staff was gracious and kind. Our waitress was courteous and attentive and the food was excellent. My only negative was the lobster bisque, which lacked the depth of flavor / lobster creaminess one would expect. It was also a little runny. The rest of our meal was lovely. We had such a delightful time, two of us stayed later to enjoy a few glasses of port.Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurantluvgrtfoodDined on 8/30/2014My family will definitely be eating here for more special upcoming occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightHighlightDined on 8/29/2014Morton's evening was a delight. It took care of 14 hungry adults, two 6 year olds, one 3 year old and one three WEEK old. The food was fantastic, as usual and we felt as if we were at home. Our special family outing was just wonderful! Thank you Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableCocomotoDined on 8/28/2014Great place for a special occasion! Very romantic and the staff were very helpful. Food too good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I have come to expect...happyfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We treated our son to a Morton's steak the night before he left for China. I was so disappointed with the quality of the meal and the ambiance. We were seated next to the kitchen and I could hear and see kitchen staff arguing with wait staff. The music was so loud we couldn't have a conversation. I asked for it to be turned down but it wasn't. The food was mediocre at best. Our waitress dropped the salads in the floor. I felt like I was at Waffle House. The one thing my daughter wanted was onion rings. It was on the menu but they didn't have any. One of our party asked for pasta and mushrooms and they forgot the mushrooms altogether. My filet had gristle throughout the steak. It's a shame my son's last American meal was so...blah.Special Features:
- DisappointingLBACEDined on 8/22/2014Went to Mortons expecting a high quality dining experiance and walked away very disappointed. The steaks ordered were high in fat marble, and gristly. For spending $ 55.00 per steak, we expected a lot more. Side items ordered were okay, but meager in porportion for the cost. Overall, the 4 people in our party were very disappointed in this experiance from a so called high quality steakhouse.
- Great RestaurantWadeBDined on 8/17/2014We took advantage of restaurant week and visited Morton's steakhouse, we ordered from the special menu they had for the week and everything was great, out of the 4 of us everyone enjoyed their meals. My wife had the steak and I had the stuffed shrimp, it was all good from the appetizers right down to the dessert. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLadycop77Dined on 8/17/2014Our group visited Atlanta on 8/19-8/22. We chose Morton's for a birthday celebration for my sister. The wait was none. The food and service were both great. The price was even better. We went on the end of restaurant week. I would recommend Morton's for food and drink and day. Thanks Morton's for a great time.Special Features:
- Over seasoned food and bad serviceLoveyinAtlantaDined on 8/17/2014My soup had too much rosemary seasoning, my replacement salad was just plain lettuce and no tomato or onion w/ dressing, my pork chop was double cut and raw in the middle and had to be cooked more. Management was not concerned about the multiple issues with my meal and discounted my feedback. The waiter was not friendly and did not refill the beverages, we was uninterested in serving our table, since we all ordered the $35 restaurant week special. The only positive was that we did not spend $100 a person from the regular menu to get bad food with poor service!
- Restaurant weekDiamDined on 8/16/2014I went during restaurant week and food was great, pre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedfoodloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014I used to go to Morton in midtown to entertain my business clients. Now it was closed and I went to try this one in downtown as part of the restaurant week. The service was definitely not very friendly when I ordered the $35 special. The small steak I got was not well cooked. I can make better steak than that. I gave my valet ticket to the waiter so that they can pull my car to the door. When I got out, the valet told me my car was parked about 200 feet down the street and he said that it was more convenient to go get it myself. So much for $5 valet. I will not go back. I enjoyed the one in midtown before and I must have gone there over 10 times. But I will not go again to this one.
- fantastic!johnnyr0xDined on 8/16/2014My new favorite steak restaurant in Atlanta! We came here for Downtown Atlanta Restaurant Week. It was a great surprise as I had never heard of them. We really loved all the food here and the onion loaf was a really nice touch. We had the Tuna tower, Filet, salmon, creamed corn, and key lime pie. We will be back.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceSatisfactionSeekerDined on 8/16/2014As a first timer at Morton's, my experience was phenomenal from the moment I pulled into valet. The people matched professionalism from the valet to the receptionist to the server and most importantly our waiter, Brian. The food undoubtedly matched and I may have to say exceeded the outstanding ambiance and service. I was immensely pleased with the overall experience and am excited to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early SaurdayKmanDined on 8/16/2014Arrived at 6:45 and the restaurant was about 75% full. Probably because it was restaurant week thus less expensive (diner for 2 was $132 including valet). Great food and service. Only concerns were the high noise level and the tables rather close together.Special Features: