Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
1710 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3038253353
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Denver hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/denver
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (45)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great evening with industry peersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014With an industry conference in town we decided to bring back together 8 peers that we had worked with in the past for a long dinner. The food and service was tremendous. We were able to talk without shouting and the pace of the dinner was perfect. I definitely look forward to our next opportunity to dine at Morton's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The steaks were not juicy. The veal chops were good and juicy.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODLorenDined on 8/24/2014ONE OF THE BEST STEAKS I HAVE HAD. MY FIRST VISIT TO YOUR RESTAURANT WILL PLAN ON COMING IN AGAINSpecial Features:
- Best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Ate here for restaurant week. Unbelievable value. Steak was perfect, staff treated us as though we were paying full price. Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We went during restaurant week with some friends. The food was incredible, I had a sweet glazed salmon over a bed of spinach, corn and bean salad. My fiance ordered off the menu with a ribeye and potatoes au gratin. It was all delicious. The sommelier was very charming. The general manager came by to say hello, and he was wonderful and warm. The server however didn't seem to want to serve us. She was rude off the bat, made us wait 20 minutes to order (even after we flagged her down, she obviously ignored us and we had to get up and ask a server to help us) She charged us for a beer we didn't have, and basically made us feel uncomfortable. It is a shame b/c everything else was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014First time to ever eat at Morton's. Had shied away from it before due to the ala carte high prices. Restaurant week allowed us the opportunity to try their steaks at a reasonable price of $30. The food was good but the size of the steak, 6 oz., was rather chintzy. Despite that, it was seasoned well and had good flavor. To ask an extra $22 to upgrade from a 6oz to an 8 oz steak was quite preposterous!! Rather dark interior ambience, with no windows.Special Features:
- Great Saturday night out!FUNPOW13Dined on 8/23/2014Dinner at Morton's was excellent. Our filets were cooked perfectly, melted in your mouth. The staff was very friendly, service was excellent! Great location, Union Station across the street for after dinner entertainment. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodLisaDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, service was impeccable. Should offer FREE valet to customers.Special Features:
- Bad dining experienceFrankDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was completely overbooked with the only place available to wait was a crowded bar with no available chairs. Made reservation for 7:30 pm and was not seated until 8:15.
- donnaDined on 8/22/2014It was my birthday and they did nothing for my birthday. I am a Landrys member and they stated that they could not use my $25.00 birthday credit that was given to me. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRickDined on 8/16/2014The service was very poor. As soon as we were seated, water was poured and no one else came to our table for over 10 minutes. The General Manager walked by stopped to present his card and asked hoe everything is. Told him we had no service other than water. He asked if he could get us anything else to drink and did. A few minutes later a waiter came over and apologized saying there was a mix up. Wwe had not received bread they normally put at the table. I had to ask for it and was told, last week a new policy started where it was served upon request. Our waiter had not told us or we would have asked for it sooner. After dinner coffee was offered after dessert came no before. The waiter was not attentive to our needs. Never going backSpecial Features:
- Best steak everOlsonDined on 8/16/2014The best steak ever. I love eating here. I drive 100 miles just to have there food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Poor ServicePrivpDined on 8/15/2014Second time visiting this location. Each time they were extremely understaffed resulting in terrible service. Took about 20 minutes to get a first drink. Another 20 to get a menu. They seemed to be intentionally stalling because they do not maintain adequate staffing levels. I won't be returning.
- food4mefood4meVIPDined on 8/12/2014The dinner was fine. The service was totally unsatisfactory. I was a single diner and the server basically ignored me and focused on the larger tables. I requested horseradish with my beef and I never received it. Poor service can ruin a good meal. While the server was pleasant, incompetence or disinterest seemed to prevail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailGailDined on 8/10/2014As usual the food and the service were excellent. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Great for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I was hesitant to go to Morton's, we had been there many years ago and I remembered it being very pretentious. I was so happy to find that it was very comfortable. The staff was very gracious and welcoming, and took care to not only make us comfortable but made sure everything was good. The complimentary photo was a bonus. The food is definitely expensive, but we agreed that for a special occasion it is worth it.Special Features:
- Together with my sonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Extraordinary dining experience with a state of the art steak and great service. My son who is a freshman at the UC Denver really appreciated the dinner with dad! Have been to Morton's around the world and was never disappointed!Special Features:
- not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great host and servers, cocktails and sides were also very good, however the rib eye was sub par. It was cooked as ordered but it was a relatively thin, fibrous cut, certainly too low quality for such a prestigious restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjeffressDined on 8/2/2014Great Place General Mgr is Awesome. Server was GreatSpecial Features:
- disillusionedwheresthemeatDined on 8/1/2014I don't eat out too often because I enjoy cooking and knowing what is going into my meal. While I lived in Aspen, I would occasionally have a meal at Ruth's Chris between business transactions and such, so when a friend gave me a couple gift certs. to Morton's I thought this would be a good opportunity to check out another steak spot and take my wife out for an anniversary dinner. Personally I thought she service was wonderful. The atmosphere was similar to a dimly lit cave w/ mahogany overtones, no windows, no outside tables. This wasn't a big issue but some ambient light would have been nice! My wife's meal was very nice, but I could not eat all my steak, which is expected, due to overabundance of grizzle, overall, poor dining experience
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our anniversary. It was an amazing experience. The food was delicious and the service was awesome. The staff was super friendly and the extra special touches (personalized menu, photo and rose on the table) made our celebration more special. Our waitress, Sam, was so helpful in pointing out the favorites of the menu since this was our first time at Morton's. And the general manager's attention to us throughout the evening was much appreciated. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant and we plan to come back!!Special Features:
- maryDined on 7/14/2014Very expensive.Steaks not cooked to correct temperature.Service was very good.Special Features:
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014It saddens me to write a negative review for Morton's Denver because before this time I'd always had a good experience. I think this is the first time we've been there since Landry's bought the chain. Food was okay, not great like I remember it. Our waiter was rushed and didn't offer fresh ground pepper like has always been standard (and is standard at every other top steakhouse). Filets were good, but not as good as I remember. The waiter didn't know what "medium rare plus" meant. Potatoes seemed to be pre-frozen or something like that. Also, they made an error on drinks and brought an extra drink that I didn't order. They left it at our table then CHARGED IT TO OUR BILL! Sorry, I won't be going back. Rather go to the Capital.
- AmazingShoppingQueen89Dined on 7/10/2014The food is amazing. The staff is super friendly. It is definitely worth the money. We will be back.Special Features:
- Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014I was expecting a melt in your mouth steak. Prime cut is overrated here at least. I can buy a 12 dollar ribeye and get the same results. It was tough, and way too much collagen, tendon, whatever for a 60 dollar steak.Special Features:
- Sumptious Supper2dinesfineDined on 7/3/2014Great steak, accompaniments, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenbeeDined on 7/3/2014We have gone to the Tech Center (which is now closed) and this Morton's did not live up to that experience. The "Anniversary Special" was a much poorer quality of meat. Everything else was fine.Special Features:
- Great diningLovetodineDined on 7/2/2014Great to receive "specials." We were very pleased with quality of food and overall dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I had a great experience at Mortons. The service was wonderful. I would tell a friend to go back. I have been there before but this time was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawkeyeVIPDined on 6/30/2014We went for the 35th anniversary special. Shelli was very efficient, friendly and accommodated some special requests. The food was excellent and we had a great time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014always very consistent, one of the best steaks i every had that is why we keep going back.Special Features:
- LobsterchrislDined on 6/29/20142 lb lobster a little tough. They don't use a warmer for the butter. Nice people.Special Features:
- customerDisappointedDined on 6/28/2014Unfortunately we did not have a good experience at Morton's Steakhouse. The noise level was very loud. We could not even hear what our waiter was saying to us, and he was standing next to us. I also could not hear what the manager said when he came to our table. The food was only fair but the prices are high for the quality. The dessert was even disappointing. We ordered the fruit crisp and the fruit was not ripe or cooked. The peaches were very crisp. Sadly, we will not be returning or recommending Morton's Steakhouse.
- Slow Start, Strong Finishfhmcd15Dined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday and just happened to be there during a lobster special and needless to say they were overwhelmed by the response and got behind. We were seated 30 minutes after our scheduled reservation and it took another 20 minutes before our server even came to the table. Once it was brought to the attention of management, they stepped in immediately and went above and beyond to make sure our needs were being met. The Assistant and General Manager were great. They made sure that we were taken care of completely and we left the restaurant with a great meal and a great impression based on the level of customer service we received. We will return.Special Features:
- RickDined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation at 8 pm. When we arrived we were told there would be about a 5-10 minute wait. The restaurant was busy but not full. After about 20 minutes I went to the hostess and was told our table was almost ready. We were finally seated at about 8:35pm. We ordered our meal and two glasses of wine and after waiting more that 20 minutes without receiving our wine or anything we decided to leave. The service was terrible. I would not recommend this Morton's steak house.
- Food watery, service poorCheersDined on 6/27/2014We waited for our waitress for drinks and then didn't see her again after she served the salad (which was the only thing of positive noteworthy). I ordered the Lobster which was cold and swimming in water, my plate was lined with the water. We also ordered the spinach and there was at least a 1/2 cup of water in the very small bowl the spinach was in. When we asked if our waitress was on break they immediately had another waitress take over, but twice we had to ASK someone to take our plates away. My husband's ribeye was ok, but could get better at Olive Garden at 1/4 of the price. For a meal we paid over $200 for, we certainly didn't get what we paid for. Have NO burning desire to go back.
- 3 hourslobsterlooseDined on 6/27/2014While the food was very good and the waiter gave us his maximum effort, it is nonetheless dysfunctional to have our waiter be responsible for tables on opposite sides of the restaurant. He would be gone for 30-40 minutes. I like a leisurely dinner, but three hours is simply too long for a Friday night meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattDined on 6/20/2014rather uneven.. just so-so. there are several other steakhouses to try.
- Great EverythingquietoneDined on 6/17/2014This was my first time there and I have to say for a quiet Tuesday it rocked! So many things to recommend ,but the Porterhouse steak and grilled asparagus were the best I ever had. My only curiosity is why they do not have pimentos in their green olives? Did not take away from anything, just curious ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but over pricedHankDined on 6/16/2014The food was good. The service was great. Although the restaurant was not busy at all. The pricing was very high for the quality thoSpecial Features: