Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
1710 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3038253353
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Denver hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/denver
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (57)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We were greeted by everyone and wished a happy anniversary. The lamb was perfect. From start to finish every dish was great on its own but the lamb was a home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014We had a great experience. We went to a Bronco game and brought our 8 yr. old grandson. He is a steak lover and boy did he enjoy Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wizardofeyesDined on 9/14/2014We had a small family dinner Sunday evening and could not have had a better meal. The food was perfect and the service attentive but not obtrusive. Excellent as usual at the Denver Morton's Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningwestsideDined on 9/13/2014Always enjoy the service and food. Did not disappoint again!! The Artemis- Stag's Leap is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!ChristyDined on 9/13/2014We went to Morton's for my husbands birthday. They made a menu for him with his name and date on it. Decorated the table, took a picture of us and brought his dessert out with a candle in it. The whole night all of the staff made him feel special and went out of their way to make sure we had a great evening. I would highly recommend Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 65th Birthday DinnerMountainFoodiesDined on 9/13/2014Although very busy on a Saturday night, our food, wine and dinner were exceptional. Our menus had "Happy 65th Birthday John" at the top. Our server Douglas was attentive without being overbearing. We had entrees from their Summer Special menu which were exceptional. The Lyonnaise Potatoes were to die for and this is the second time we have had them. We were greeted by General Manager Joe Mirrelson who poured our initial glasses of wine and we joked about getting old. This restaurant is in the middle of Lodo across the street from the newly revitalized Union Station.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014My colleagues and I attend the cedia confernce every year and always include a night out here. Last experiences have been awesome however this time the service was lacking.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!ScottDined on 9/6/2014We went here for our 25th Wedding anniversary and the Food and service was awesome! The place was a little loud but overall it was great. Mike was our server and he did a fantastic job of taking care of us.Special Features:
- Morton's is great!MarieInColoradoDined on 9/6/2014I loved everything about my experience at Morton's. I took my boyfriend out for a nice steak dinner for his birthday. We both had steak and shared au gratin potatoes and creamed corn. All of the food was delicious. They also have a decent single malt scotch selection. Their wine list is extensive, too. I would recommend Morton's to anyone looking for great food and drinks.Special Features:
- The bestneighborVIPDined on 9/3/2014Old time steak house. Persistent and consistent quality. Cooked correctly in the kitchen, doesn't require 1000 degree plate to adjust doneness at the tableSpecial Features:
- THE place for steaks!SugarsnapsDined on 9/3/2014Nice ambiance here, great place to impress a date or to celebrate an anniversary. Everything is a la carte, so bring your fat wallet.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!JSlattVIPDined on 8/30/2014The staff, service, and food at Morton's was absolutely fantastic! The steak we had was incredibly. It was a great experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experience.DisgustedDined on 8/29/2014Old, dirty and musty. Rude hostess. Terrible food.
- Good Job Morton's!TripValueVIPDined on 8/29/2014It's been many years since we last dined at the Morton's in downtown Denver. The food and service were great.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2014DoriDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed everything about our meal. We went to two steakhouses that we had never been to before, Morton's and Ruth Crist. Both steaks were excellent. Our only complaint at both steak houses were the mashed potatoes. Bland and not what I would expect for such high quality places (just mashed potatoes). Not even gravy. We live in a state with Palisades peaches and Rocky Ford cantaloupe. Wouldn't that have been a better choice.Special Features:
- Love this placedustyfreeDined on 8/27/2014Did everything they possibly could to assure my wife and I had a fabulous time. This is the 3rd Morton's we have dined with, and all three have been outstanding. I am in the industry, so I am kind of hard on restaurants. These guys are the best. Give them a try, you won't be sorry you did.Special Features:
- Best steak in town! Great service!issyrDined on 8/27/2014Our first time at Morton's was wonderful. The service from beginning to end, everyone we came in contact with, was superb. Friendly, attentive and on top of things!! We had the filet mignon steak, potatoes and salad. All were amazing!! The steak was the best we've ever had!! Juicy, cooked perfectly and so tender!! WOW! We really enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TammyDined on 8/27/2014We have a fabulous dinner at Morton's. I haven't been there in a while, and it was outstanding as usual. Morton's is one of my absolute favorite steak houses and it is always a treat to go there.Special Features:
- Left me a little dryRegularDinerDined on 8/26/2014It felt like once the server knew were there for Denver Restaurant Week, we weren't a priority. The server was nice, but we had to ask repeatedly for water refills and with a glass 3/4 full of ice, we got 2 sips before we needed another refill. Our server brought the salads and when I pointed out that it was the wrong one, she realized she brought another table's salads to us, picked them up & took them to another table. The Morton's salad had been dressed far too long in advance & there was quite a few bits of brown lettuce. Luckily the desserts were excellent and the steaks and sides were good.
- Great evening with industry peersArthurRDined on 8/26/2014With an industry conference in town we decided to bring back together 8 peers that we had worked with in the past for a long dinner. The food and service was tremendous. We were able to talk without shouting and the pace of the dinner was perfect. I definitely look forward to our next opportunity to dine at Morton's.Special Features:
- Great foodMAARLADined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was very enjoyable. We had a good time. Everything was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KittyDined on 8/24/2014The steaks were not juicy. The veal chops were good and juicy.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODLorenDined on 8/24/2014ONE OF THE BEST STEAKS I HAVE HAD. MY FIRST VISIT TO YOUR RESTAURANT WILL PLAN ON COMING IN AGAINSpecial Features:
- Best steakWeeklytravelersDined on 8/24/2014Ate here for restaurant week. Unbelievable value. Steak was perfect, staff treated us as though we were paying full price. Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We went during restaurant week with some friends. The food was incredible, I had a sweet glazed salmon over a bed of spinach, corn and bean salad. My fiance ordered off the menu with a ribeye and potatoes au gratin. It was all delicious. The sommelier was very charming. The general manager came by to say hello, and he was wonderful and warm. The server however didn't seem to want to serve us. She was rude off the bat, made us wait 20 minutes to order (even after we flagged her down, she obviously ignored us and we had to get up and ask a server to help us) She charged us for a beer we didn't have, and basically made us feel uncomfortable. It is a shame b/c everything else was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMEM1950Dined on 8/24/2014First time to ever eat at Morton's. Had shied away from it before due to the ala carte high prices. Restaurant week allowed us the opportunity to try their steaks at a reasonable price of $30. The food was good but the size of the steak, 6 oz., was rather chintzy. Despite that, it was seasoned well and had good flavor. To ask an extra $22 to upgrade from a 6oz to an 8 oz steak was quite preposterous!! Rather dark interior ambience, with no windows.Special Features:
- Great Saturday night out!FUNPOW13Dined on 8/23/2014Dinner at Morton's was excellent. Our filets were cooked perfectly, melted in your mouth. The staff was very friendly, service was excellent! Great location, Union Station across the street for after dinner entertainment. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodLisaDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, service was impeccable. Should offer FREE valet to customers.Special Features:
- Bad dining experienceFrankDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was completely overbooked with the only place available to wait was a crowded bar with no available chairs. Made reservation for 7:30 pm and was not seated until 8:15.
- Anniversary DinnerStayawayDined on 8/22/2014Anniversary dinner treat at Morton’s. Reservations @ 6:30, we arrived @ 6:25, were seated right away (good right?). Table was in the middle of a hallway with everyone waiting for tables, servers & manager constantly going by the table. We had been to Morton’s before when it was at a different facility; the service & atmosphere were excellent. This was total opposite, restaurant was crowded, loud and very impersonal, several unhappy couples commented. Felt like it was a Denny’s not an exclusive restaurant for quiet dinner. We would not recommend Morton’s to a stranger not alone an acquaintance. So what was expected to be a nice quiet intimate dinner was a rude feeling in a crowded noisy hallway. Told several couples of experience.
- donnaDined on 8/22/2014It was my birthday and they did nothing for my birthday. I am a Landrys member and they stated that they could not use my $25.00 birthday credit that was given to me. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRickDined on 8/16/2014The service was very poor. As soon as we were seated, water was poured and no one else came to our table for over 10 minutes. The General Manager walked by stopped to present his card and asked hoe everything is. Told him we had no service other than water. He asked if he could get us anything else to drink and did. A few minutes later a waiter came over and apologized saying there was a mix up. Wwe had not received bread they normally put at the table. I had to ask for it and was told, last week a new policy started where it was served upon request. Our waiter had not told us or we would have asked for it sooner. After dinner coffee was offered after dessert came no before. The waiter was not attentive to our needs. Never going backSpecial Features:
- Best steak everOlsonDined on 8/16/2014The best steak ever. I love eating here. I drive 100 miles just to have there food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Poor ServicePrivpDined on 8/15/2014Second time visiting this location. Each time they were extremely understaffed resulting in terrible service. Took about 20 minutes to get a first drink. Another 20 to get a menu. They seemed to be intentionally stalling because they do not maintain adequate staffing levels. I won't be returning.
- food4mefood4meVIPDined on 8/12/2014The dinner was fine. The service was totally unsatisfactory. I was a single diner and the server basically ignored me and focused on the larger tables. I requested horseradish with my beef and I never received it. Poor service can ruin a good meal. While the server was pleasant, incompetence or disinterest seemed to prevail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailGailDined on 8/10/2014As usual the food and the service were excellent. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Great for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I was hesitant to go to Morton's, we had been there many years ago and I remembered it being very pretentious. I was so happy to find that it was very comfortable. The staff was very gracious and welcoming, and took care to not only make us comfortable but made sure everything was good. The complimentary photo was a bonus. The food is definitely expensive, but we agreed that for a special occasion it is worth it.Special Features:
- Together with my sonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Extraordinary dining experience with a state of the art steak and great service. My son who is a freshman at the UC Denver really appreciated the dinner with dad! Have been to Morton's around the world and was never disappointed!Special Features:
- not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great host and servers, cocktails and sides were also very good, however the rib eye was sub par. It was cooked as ordered but it was a relatively thin, fibrous cut, certainly too low quality for such a prestigious restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjeffressDined on 8/2/2014Great Place General Mgr is Awesome. Server was GreatSpecial Features: