Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
1710 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3038253353
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Denver hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/denver
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (37)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our anniversary. It was an amazing experience. The food was delicious and the service was awesome. The staff was super friendly and the extra special touches (personalized menu, photo and rose on the table) made our celebration more special. Our waitress, Sam, was so helpful in pointing out the favorites of the menu since this was our first time at Morton's. And the general manager's attention to us throughout the evening was much appreciated. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant and we plan to come back!!Special Features:
- maryDined on 7/14/2014Very expensive.Steaks not cooked to correct temperature.Service was very good.Special Features:
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014It saddens me to write a negative review for Morton's Denver because before this time I'd always had a good experience. I think this is the first time we've been there since Landry's bought the chain. Food was okay, not great like I remember it. Our waiter was rushed and didn't offer fresh ground pepper like has always been standard (and is standard at every other top steakhouse). Filets were good, but not as good as I remember. The waiter didn't know what "medium rare plus" meant. Potatoes seemed to be pre-frozen or something like that. Also, they made an error on drinks and brought an extra drink that I didn't order. They left it at our table then CHARGED IT TO OUR BILL! Sorry, I won't be going back. Rather go to the Capital.
- AmazingShoppingQueen89Dined on 7/10/2014The food is amazing. The staff is super friendly. It is definitely worth the money. We will be back.Special Features:
- Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014I was expecting a melt in your mouth steak. Prime cut is overrated here at least. I can buy a 12 dollar ribeye and get the same results. It was tough, and way too much collagen, tendon, whatever for a 60 dollar steak.Special Features:
- Sumptious Supper2dinesfineDined on 7/3/2014Great steak, accompaniments, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenbeeDined on 7/3/2014We have gone to the Tech Center (which is now closed) and this Morton's did not live up to that experience. The "Anniversary Special" was a much poorer quality of meat. Everything else was fine.Special Features:
- Great diningLovetodineDined on 7/2/2014Great to receive "specials." We were very pleased with quality of food and overall dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014I had a great experience at Mortons. The service was wonderful. I would tell a friend to go back. I have been there before but this time was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawkeyeVIPDined on 6/30/2014We went for the 35th anniversary special. Shelli was very efficient, friendly and accommodated some special requests. The food was excellent and we had a great time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014always very consistent, one of the best steaks i every had that is why we keep going back.Special Features:
- LobsterchrislDined on 6/29/20142 lb lobster a little tough. They don't use a warmer for the butter. Nice people.Special Features:
- customerDisappointedDined on 6/28/2014Unfortunately we did not have a good experience at Morton's Steakhouse. The noise level was very loud. We could not even hear what our waiter was saying to us, and he was standing next to us. I also could not hear what the manager said when he came to our table. The food was only fair but the prices are high for the quality. The dessert was even disappointing. We ordered the fruit crisp and the fruit was not ripe or cooked. The peaches were very crisp. Sadly, we will not be returning or recommending Morton's Steakhouse.
- Slow Start, Strong Finishfhmcd15Dined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday and just happened to be there during a lobster special and needless to say they were overwhelmed by the response and got behind. We were seated 30 minutes after our scheduled reservation and it took another 20 minutes before our server even came to the table. Once it was brought to the attention of management, they stepped in immediately and went above and beyond to make sure our needs were being met. The Assistant and General Manager were great. They made sure that we were taken care of completely and we left the restaurant with a great meal and a great impression based on the level of customer service we received. We will return.Special Features:
- RickDined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation at 8 pm. When we arrived we were told there would be about a 5-10 minute wait. The restaurant was busy but not full. After about 20 minutes I went to the hostess and was told our table was almost ready. We were finally seated at about 8:35pm. We ordered our meal and two glasses of wine and after waiting more that 20 minutes without receiving our wine or anything we decided to leave. The service was terrible. I would not recommend this Morton's steak house.
- Food watery, service poorCheersDined on 6/27/2014We waited for our waitress for drinks and then didn't see her again after she served the salad (which was the only thing of positive noteworthy). I ordered the Lobster which was cold and swimming in water, my plate was lined with the water. We also ordered the spinach and there was at least a 1/2 cup of water in the very small bowl the spinach was in. When we asked if our waitress was on break they immediately had another waitress take over, but twice we had to ASK someone to take our plates away. My husband's ribeye was ok, but could get better at Olive Garden at 1/4 of the price. For a meal we paid over $200 for, we certainly didn't get what we paid for. Have NO burning desire to go back.
- 3 hourslobsterlooseDined on 6/27/2014While the food was very good and the waiter gave us his maximum effort, it is nonetheless dysfunctional to have our waiter be responsible for tables on opposite sides of the restaurant. He would be gone for 30-40 minutes. I like a leisurely dinner, but three hours is simply too long for a Friday night meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattDined on 6/20/2014rather uneven.. just so-so. there are several other steakhouses to try.
- Great EverythingquietoneDined on 6/17/2014This was my first time there and I have to say for a quiet Tuesday it rocked! So many things to recommend ,but the Porterhouse steak and grilled asparagus were the best I ever had. My only curiosity is why they do not have pimentos in their green olives? Did not take away from anything, just curious ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but over pricedHankDined on 6/16/2014The food was good. The service was great. Although the restaurant was not busy at all. The pricing was very high for the quality thoSpecial Features:
- Great night at Morton's!lewisangelDined on 6/14/2014Went here for our anniversary and it was the best experience ever! Morton's made it very special and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodVML1959Dined on 6/14/2014The service was great and the food was good, it just wasn't worth the cost.
- Expected MoreNickDined on 6/7/2014After paying $56 for a steak, I expected better. A $56 steak should melt in your mouth...mine didn't. Although I don't eat at Applebee's - it's real tempting to pay $10 for a steak than to pay $56 for the same thing. Not to mention that there was a $49 special going on that included a appetizer, salad, steak and dessert - was not mentioned in the slightest to us by our server. Guess she thought it wasn't in her best interest. For the value & lack of ambiance, I'll look elsewhere for dinner.
- Great RestaurantFloriDined on 6/2/2014Hello. I took some clients to Morton's for a business dinner and all were very impressed with the taste/quality of the food. Your desserts are also FANTASTIC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse - DenverBuckybuck13Dined on 5/24/2014Morton's Steakhouse - Denver consistently knocks the ball out of the park. Last weekend, I made reservations online at 5PM for dinner a 6PM dinner with my wife. Morton's website had a section that asked if the reservation was for a special occasion, so I mentioned it was my wife’s birthday. My wife and I arrived an hour after I made the reservation. The host seated us and handed us menus which had the words “Happy Birthday Leslie” written across the top. Details like that may seem small, but they ensured the evening was incredibly memorable. In short, Morton’s consistently makes any event a special event.Special Features:
- Excellent foodTHEBESTEVERDined on 5/17/2014The food, as always, was outstanding. Cooked to perfection on everything from our sea food and steaks to our salads and sides. Presentation was beautifully done. Our waitress was a bit on the slow side when first getting to us and getting our drinks to us, but the cocktails were the best tasting I've had in a long time. The menu was personalized at the top wishing us a Happy Anniversary!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulKPLDanDined on 5/10/2014I love going to the morton's at Lodo. While Tony and Joe do not remember me it is reassuring to see them there each time I am able to go. the food is consistently good and the service superb. Dining at Morton's is an evening event one I look forward to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainLuv2eatDined on 5/10/2014For the money, it's not worth it. I would much rather go to Elways or Del Friscos. Service was terrible. Once he found out we weren't drinking he went into overdrive to get us out of there. Very loud, with a table of 8 next to us. Maybe as a group it would've been better, but I wouldn't go there again.Special Features:
- Slow Servicecookie7Dined on 5/10/2014Recently celebrated at Mortons, while food was excellent, service was lacking. Our waitress paid little attention to us other then delivering food and saying sorry for delay. We were given our wine on the house (glass) due to slow service by manager. Had my entire steak dinner w/o wine, was going to go to bar myself and get it, same with all ordered items. While restruant was full, it emptied by 8Pm. I believe service is why. Don't mind paying for great food, but they need to figurer out their staffing issuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKbhpiVIPDined on 5/4/2014I was expecting a great experience and did not get it. The service was so-so, not outstanding, the food also so-so. I had the bone-in Rib Eye which had zero seasoning and was over charred, tasted burnt in some spots. The inside temp was as ordered though. My husband had the braised rib tips and enjoyed that. The chocolate souffle did not taste like chocolate in any way, all I could taste was egg. The Tuna Tar Tar was just so so also and way too spicy. The Lobster Bisque was not good-had a claw lump but not bits of lobster. Wasn't horrible, but I won't return based on my overall experience, if I am going to spend almost two hundred on a meal for two, I expect perfection. I felt like I stepped back in time for the ambiance.Special Features:
- Great mealnigeDined on 5/3/2014As always, the food was outstanding. We went for my husband's birthday and they printed a happy birthday message across the top of his menu. Cute touch. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Not for seafood/wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2014Steaks were great, sides were good (not great), wine was not particularly good and not at all for the price. Not at all close to Capital Grille which will remain my steakhouse of choice when entertaining clients in downtown Denver.Special Features:
- First TimervandoDined on 4/28/2014Chose Morton's for an anniversary dinner, and it was a great choice. Service was terrific, attentive without being intrusive. We were checked in by the general manager, Joe Mirrelson, and he visited our table a few times to make sure we were having a good experience. The food was excellent, with the crab cake, grilled asparagus, and key lime pie deserving exceptional comment. The filets were made perfectly. It was a bit noisy, even for a Monday night, but not terribly so. We'll be happy to go back for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualBartDined on 4/26/2014Just can't commend the Management, Joseph and the Captain Tony enough as well as the service (Jan). And the food? EVERY single item was cooked and served to perfection.Special Features:
- Ridiculously overpricedhungryDined on 4/24/2014What a disappointment. I had received a gift card for Morton's for $100 and went with two friends thinking that the gift card would cover the majority of our bill. Had the website actually listed their prices online, I could've known how out of my price range the experience was going to be and avoided some embarrassment. We did not receive menus until our drinks had been ordered so we were sort of stuck. $50 for a steak entree that doesn't include any sides is ridiculous. I understand that not every restaurant is for everyone. If this is a super expensive place, why not list the prices online so people aren't surprised when they get there? The other steakhouses along that block were all more fairly priced. And the place was empty.
- A Good Place to EatbluemoonDined on 4/19/2014The food was excellent, the filet was excellent. The baked potato was very good. The wine that was recommended by our server was excellent and went with the filet very well. It was the excellent place to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary, but it is a great place to have a very peaceful meal with the one you love. I will certainly return here again. The service was excellent and we do commend the wait staff as well as the management that came to our table talked with us and offered to make suggestions for the meal.Special Features:
- Another fanstastic meal.cvdfk1046Dined on 4/16/2014Four top quality steaks, lovely Californian red and beautiful Sav Blanc (Cloudy Bay) from New Zealand at a reasonable price. A great way to end 5 days of working in Denver.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date Night Place!DatenightfunDined on 4/12/2014We got a gift card to Morton's as a wedding present and it was a wonderful choice! The halibut special that night was great and the filet was the best cut of meat we have had in a very long time! Our server was friendly and very relatable and both the managers came by often to talk and to make sure everything was taken care of! Wonderful place will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerChachaDined on 4/11/2014We celebrated our Anniversary here this week. We had been to a different location before. We were early but were seated immediately. Our waiter, Mike was attentive but not overbearing. The Manager also checked in to make sure our visit was a pleasant one. Our dinners were delicious and we will definitely return here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/11/2014Antiquated ambiance and menu. It is good, but lacks energy and a modern menu, especially for the price.