Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
2222 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2147412277
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Opens Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Dallas hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/dallas
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (91)notable wine list (81)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Absolutely LOVE Morton'sjustfeedmeDined on 9/13/2014This location has been a favorite for years. I'm never disappointed. The staff are friendly and personable. The food is the best and the atmosphere is always warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightUrbanCowboyDined on 9/13/2014Participated in the final weekend of Morton's summer special. $40 buys you a salad, entree & side plus dessert. The filet & creamed spinach were just wonderful as always, the salad was good too. I always love dressing up & coming into Morton's, They always treat you right! We started with a couple of martinis & they properly transferred our drink tab to the table without me having to pay at the bar, they have complimentary valet & a jacket service service for your suit or if it's cold weather, and very attentive wait staff. I ordered the souffle & they timed it perfectly right when I finished my steak. Great wine selection too which was brought to us by the sommelier himself. I highly recommend it, especially when there is a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. Ever.No1foodieDined on 9/11/2014If you want to be treated like royalty and have a dinner fit for a King and Queen, take your significant other to Morton's the Steakhouse. Everything about Morton's is "top shelf" and better.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The Fall line up menu is a great treat for that not too heavy diner - it features wonderful regular menu items and gives you that great taste that Mortons is known to deliver. The service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse Dallas,TXSamT09Dined on 9/6/201409/06- I chose Morton's to celebrate my birthday and as disappointed the quality and service. I ordered a filet to be cooked medium and it was over cooked and not tender at all. For a $61 plate, you would expect the steak to cut like butter with great taste and to be tender however not case this time. This used to be my favorite restaurant in Dallas. However, I was very disappointed. In the past visits at Morton's the quality of food was wonderful and the service used to be impeccable, but not so much now. Needless say, it is no longer my favorite restaurant and I will no longer recommend this restaurant to my friends or family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were treated to a very special experience. Everyone we had contact was top notch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceFoodie1913Dined on 9/4/2014After having a not so good experience at Eddie V's, I had high expectations for Morton's. The food and presentation was good. The server was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go again and recommend others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSusanB58Dined on 8/31/2014Great service and delicious food! Everything was wonderful - from the convenient valet parking, to the lovely modern decor, to the attentive service and the fantastic food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter David was excellent in every way. Our dinner was prepared to perfection and it is a dining experience I will remember. We did go for restaurant week and were made to feel just as important as those eating off the regular menu. It is a place I would love to revisit.Special Features:
- Great Uptown Steakfgrigs1Dined on 8/29/2014I live four blocks from here, so this is an easy choice if I want to walk and have a 5-star dining experience. I had the filet, asparagus and raw oysters. I was by myself, so I sat at the bar, so I don't feel like this review relays the entire experience. Nonetheless, the food was great and I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014As always Morton's doesn't not disappoint. One put of the many steak houses that actually prepares the steak the way you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakOB1TXDined on 8/27/2014Perfectly prepared fille mignon in a relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Decor Lacks UpdatesVanderMarcDined on 8/24/2014Service was wonderful and so was the food. But I felt like I was trapped in the 80's because of the decor.Special Features:
- Best So FarFancyFoods4FunDined on 8/24/2014I absolutely enjoyed every moment I experienced at Morton's. I have not yet stopped talking about how incredible the food was. I would add more stars but I am limited to the amount provided. Fabulous Fun, Drinks, and AtmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdiningoutdallasDined on 8/23/2014We arrived this past Saturday with an 8pm reservation and were told it would be a 10 min wait, which turned into 30 minutes. This was followed by another 30 minute wait for our appetizer and then a 30 minute wait for our main course. Out waitress was MIA for most of the evening, we had to flag someone else down to bring us some bread to munch on during all of the waiting. The waitress did offer us a free dessert but it didn't make up for the poor service and mediocre food, which was not even close to piping hot when it finally did arrive. If you are looking for a nice dining experience, do not come here. I saw more than one diner wearing a baseball hat. This place is not worth the $250 price tag for a dinner for two.
- KevRDined on 8/23/2014What a real disappointment. The wait staff were unattentive and nasty and three hours after ordering our dinner we finally walked out without eating. I've dined at Morton's across the country and never has a worse experience. How can a restaurant allow you to wait (3) three hours for your dinner? I will never dine at Morton's again. They ruined by birthday!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Morton's is always our choice for fine dining and special occasions. The entire team always makes us feel special. We brought two friends that it was their first time and they were so impressed by the food and service. We'll be back next month to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- A special night out with familyalexander69Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good, but for the price I would go to JR's (just as nice). Jr's food is much better and I can spend a little less than $250 rather than spending almost $400 with tip. Glad I was able to take my kids so they can experience fine dining, but will return to JR's simply because all 4 of us thought the food was "hands down" better. The service was excellent though!!!!Special Features:
- BluebonnetBluebonnetDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service from the time we entered until we departed. The entire meal was perfect Will return soon.Special Features:
- Most Wonderful Experience!JelliDined on 8/23/2014The food, wine, atmosphere and service was one of the most memorable date nights we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvthisplace.luvthisplaceDined on 8/22/2014An exceedingly pleasant experience for our group. Justin, our server, was very attentive without being intrusive at all. Ryan, the Maitre'D was extremely efficient, welcoming, and friendly. Our dinners were perfectly prepared, served promptly, and delicious. Our server met our every need, most of which he anticipated. We will be returning and recommending Morton's to our friendsSpecial Features:
- Morton's special eventsMortonsfanDined on 8/19/2014I have now been to Morton's on a number of occasions of them actually returning tomorrow, 08/23/14, for their lobster dinner. With but one occasion our servers have always been exceptional and made our evenings truly special and enjoyable. My friends and I continue to come individually and in groups as Morton's is a venue which meets all needs for our community. The food is exceptional and I am sure the low light ambience is very romantic yet it does cause some difficulty in reading the menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!CBTBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for my son's 21st birthday. I had noted in the comments section when I made the reservation on Open Table. Morton's had menus for us that said Happy 21st Birthday with our son's name on it. The service and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Big fan, but not tonightDRinDallasVIPDined on 8/17/2014We've been to Morton's many times, love the Power Hour in the bar. The food, service, ambiance all great! But on this night, we decided to try the restaurant week menu and the server gave a noticeable "sigh". He made service errors, didn't apologize, was sloppy, overall just rough around the edges. For example, my double pork chops were majority cold pink inside (wanted medium) so sent back to butterfly and cook some more. He didn't apologize and even tried to explain that is what medium is supposed to be. Maybe for beef! Shared my feelings with the manager on the way out and he was great. We're still big fans...but will likely stick to the bar!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost Their AmbianceTXGalDined on 8/16/2014First visit to the new location in Dallas and I was underwhelmed with the ambiance and staff. Food was spectacular as always but it felt crowded even though it wasn't, it was loud and my husband had to change chairs because staff and other guests kept bumping into him and NOT ONE PERSON, staff or guest, excused themselves or apologized upon doing so. Not what I expect when I spend a couple hundred dollars for dinner. The old location downtown was quiet, pleasant and exuded a high end dining experience, they need to recapture some of that.
- Great happy hourMicabyoDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food and drink specials! We went as a group of girls and each item had 3 or 4 pieces so it was perfect. Very funSpecial Features:
- A Safe But Solid ChoiceDiningInDallasDined on 8/14/2014The ambiance inside of Morton’s is refined. The host staff is very gracious. The noise level strikes a nice balance between being not-too loud and not-too quiet. The meal presentation is simple and elegant and the dishes themselves are simple and tasty. Our server rushed us a bit at the end of the meal but otherwise the evening was a nice outing. There are certainly better options in Dallas but Morton’s is a solid choice for fine dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!DebbieD22Dined on 8/11/2014This was our first experience at the new Morton's location and it did not disappoint! Nice atmosphere. Quiet enough to have conversation easily at our table. We all enjoyed every morsel but the exceptional standouts included the filet mignon (perhaps the best I've ever had) and the mini crab cakes. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Burgers & WineOaklawn2Dined on 8/11/2014We went in for a special they were offering: a prime burger and a glass of wine. Wonderful! Plus, the staff here is always knowledgeable, friendly and professional. I guess that is why we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!MayraGVIPDined on 8/10/2014My husband and went for my birthday dinner and it was fabulous. To start the bread they bring out melts in your mouth. Our steaks were the best we have had! I highly recommend MortonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappy04Dined on 8/10/2014food was too well done. ordered steaks and they were very charred. I spent over $250.00 and was not pleased. This was a special occasion.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant was outstanding at making my son's 25th birthday an memorable experience! His name was on the menu, they took a picture of us and gave it to him, mounted in a sleek folder and of course the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My reservation was not done to satisfactory. We had a drink at the bar and Tom was really great as a bartender. Server, Jason incorrectly put in our order and also brought the wrong drinks. The order had to be repeated to him 3 times and he still got it wrong. The steaks were not cooked as ordered and he delivered the meal to the wrong person. He didn't listen to my drink order and brought the wrong drink after having to reorder it 2 times. The techno music was not welcoming and was too loud. I have dined at Morton's numerous times but this was not the dinning and service I have known at other times. I can get better service and food for a quarter of the price. Defiantly will rule out a return to this Morton's.
- Great food, great experience.lovesgreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014Went to Morton's to celebrate a friend's birthday, they greeted us at the door with birthday wishes for her. The service was fantastic and the food - well - perfection. We even took home a personal birthday menu as a memento of the celebration. Morton's is one of my favorites for all occasions.Special Features:
- Horrible experienceHorrifiedDined on 8/9/2014I made reservations for 7:15 and when I arrived, at approximately 7:13 was advised there would be a wait. The wait for table was not very long - about 15 minutes. However, even though we ordered promptly, the meal was not served until 9:00 pm. Never did anyone come to explain why te delay or advise us to anticipate the delay!!! When the entree was finally served, there was another 15 wait for the side items we had ordered. After reading the reviews online, I anticipated great service and great food. While the food was good - after waiting an hour and a half, it ruins the dining experience. We enjoy dinig at great steakhouses but this is definitely not one!!!!!!
- a bad night at mortonsneutronDined on 8/9/2014Mortons is typically a fantastic spot but not so on saturday. We were on time but seated late. It was at least 20 min from introduction to placing an initial drink order - he just didnt come back. Bread was brought as an afterthought. The wrong soup and salad combination came out and after finally the meal came and I felt like my steak had been fried in a pan and was over done. I complained about the soft service and sub par food and the manager was sincerely sorry. This ordeal for two took in excess of three hours and right after I signed my name on the bill the manager offered to pick up the bar order as an apology - but by this point I was afraid accepting his offer might keep me there another half hour and I was quite done.
- Business Partners 56th Birthday5thGenTxDined on 8/3/2014We were greeted like royalty and directed to a nicely appointed bar while waiting the remaining members of our party to arrive. Very memorable birthday for us the the man of honor. We all received a customized menu recognizing his birthday. Staff was prefect.y attentive and food was excellent. I always seem to have a great experience at this location. Jeff FullerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversary spotAnniversaryDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were celebrating our first year of being married but 25 years together. Everyone was very welcoming. Jason was our server and he was friendly, sincere and apologized when he interrupted conversation. It made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary made perfectmcinvest1Dined on 8/2/2014Morton's of Dallas completed a great celebration of our anniversary... From the customer printed menus, to the Summer Special menu, we could not of asked for better service! The food was excellent as we're the choices. The evening was complete with two custom desserts, candles, table-side photos and card signed by the staff. Two days later, a manager called to make sure we were satisfied 100% with our evening. You can't match this level of service!Special Features:
- Excelent food and ambienceJUANC0001Dined on 8/1/2014this dinnes was my firs time in mortons, I was in the bar zone, the girls was very nice,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.