Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
2222 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (214) 741-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Opens Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Dallas hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/dallas
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (72)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Mediocre experienceJeterDined on 11/14/2014I'm not a restaurant connesiour by any means, but have been to many of the steakhouses in Dallas. Morton's was my first steakhouse experience and what I have used to gauge every other fine dining restaurant since. At first I would have considered Morton's a classic, but Our experience at Morton's on Friday night was a let down and will lead to me not returning to the McKinney Ave location again with so many better options in the area. The two things that I thought were lacking were the service and the atmosphere. We had reservations for a Friday night and upon arrival the restaurant looked as if it were completely dead. They seated us in a corner away from everyone else and we felt secluded and singled out. The music was great and the decor was awesome, but we just felt disappointed by how empty it was. As for the service, I was disappointed with our server's knowledge of the menu as well as the lack of presentation of the food. Our waiter did not seem to want to help explain the different toppings for the steaks and made it uncomfortable as I stammered through the French words in front of my guest. At nearly every other steakhouse I have been, the cuts of meat have been presented and showcased before ordering and deserts have been brought by prior to ordering. All in all, Morton's has gone from the standard that I judged by to a disappointing experience for the price. With the number of other quality steakhouses in the area, I see no reason I would ever return.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great FoodArgyleTravelerDined on 11/11/2014Service was excellent. Our server John (or JP) was very professional and friendly too. Guided us through the menu and made a great recommendation on wine. General manager stopped by a couple of times to greet us and make sure we were happy. Salads were fantastic and my friend's steak and lobster special was perfect. My crab cakes were just okay, but at $36 for two, didn't really warrant that price. Seasonal mashed cauliflower with truffles side was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Dinning location!BestNdaWestDined on 11/8/2014Morton's is is only place my wife will eat crab leg, and the Chicago bone-in rib eye is the best served steak in all of Texas.Special Features:
- Service is superb.DMVMDined on 11/3/2014Food was excellent and the service was fantastic. Made our experience a very memorable one. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I just moved uptown and have visited various restaurants and Mortons is definitely at the top of our list. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at morton'ssenorgarzaDined on 11/1/2014excellent service and food. this says it all. all in my party really enjoyed the food and service and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfessorLovefoodDined on 10/31/2014Amazing food, service and ambiance. Love it and will definitely return and tell others about this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous in every category!!!!specialdayatMortonsDined on 10/31/2014It was a specially priced pre set menu but it was still awesome. Basic Caesar salad, salmon was AWESOME, broccoli was cooked perfectly and the cheesecake was devine! Brian was perfect, attentive but not too much (always noticing when we needed something). Picture lady was as cute as she could be and the monogrammed menu and autographed pic from the staff was a nice touch. It really was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014I've been to many Morton's. I WAS a Huge fan of the place. But literally went and had an unbelievably bad experience. Many mistakes here in a rushed. But more importantly at the end when I had a discussion with the manager he told me that "no one else had a problem with the service" and dismissed my observations. Really? Things that I apparently made up about my meal: Our cocktails we ordered first came after our salads - 15 minutes into service and I asked three times to see the wine menu and didn't get one until after my food had already arrived When the steak arrived we sat for about 8 minutes without silverware while many staff passed by smiling We also never got the Soufflé we ordered But that's ok.."no one else had a bad night".
- Excellent steak..... Ok serviceDFWFoodieDined on 10/31/2014Service was not the best. It felt like the server was trying to rush us out of the restaurant. Steak was excellent.... But it's Dallas - service is what sets you apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaulDined on 10/18/2014Excellent dinner with very good service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceAngieEatzDined on 10/18/2014Amazing service and great food. The service was better than I expected and the food was awesome.Special Features:
- ZegoatVIPDined on 10/11/2014Outstanding in every phase from arriving to departure. A true dining experience. Brian Perry and the entire staff are outstanding.Special Features:
- A favoriteslhmDined on 10/11/2014You can depend on Morton's The Steakhouse to provide top quality steaks cooked to your liking along with great service. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceBarnzy41Dined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent. The staff took care of our every need on this momentous occasion. The food was excellent and they have by far the best steaks in town. The ambiance was great. Nice place to "show" off your Sunday best and have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's is slippingAFriendDined on 10/10/2014I try to go to Morton's in Dallas a certain college football game. I was really surprised how our waiter would just forget we existed several time. I bought two nice bottles of wine, both$ 200 or above. After the first bottle was emptied it was difficult to ever receive our second bottle. We had a 15-20 minute time delay as we all sat there with empty glasss . I was really surprised Morton's service would have slipped like this as service has always been very good there. It was annoyng enough that we have decided to leave Mortan's and try sone of the other fine steak houses next year...too bad...Special Features:
- wouldn't recommend itCNGNDined on 10/8/2014For a high end restaurant, the food was not worth it at all. The steak had no flavors, crab cake was burnt, shrimp was under cooked, and the baked asparagus were burnt as well. The only good thing we got out of it was our picture. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great food prepared perfectly!BruncherDined on 10/4/2014Too noisy and too dark! Great food prepared perfectly. However, the lack of light was ridiculous! When diners all over the restaurant are using their phones to light the menu and wine list... and even the rest rooms are DARK... it's NOT romantic or pretty, just weird! The waiter was asked if the light level could be raised, it never was and he never had a further comment. Appetizers GREAT! Steaks were perfectly prepared to order and the meat quality was outstanding. Each steak had that perfect char. Noise level was so high that our group of 5 could not carry on a conversation with each other- even the persons beside each other! Waiter was good but disturbed the few attempts we made at trying to speak to each other over the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Issues, needs work..tabletexDined on 10/4/2014We ordered Ribeye, my friend asked for Med Well and I asked for Med. The female that brought our steaks just assumed and dropped the steaks without asking if we had the right temperature steaks sadly we got the wrong steaks. We brought this to the server attention, basically he said sorry. We also ordered two sides, only one arrived with our dinner. We ordered the Mac and Cheese and Au Gratin Potatoes, Potatoes never made it to the table until ten minutes later half way through our wrong temp steaks. We sent it back ( Au Gratin Potatoes), we were then told keep it no charge. Obliviously they missed the point, the side was LATE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's was great !TexasgourmetDined on 9/29/2014When you book this restaurant, you expect to see a high bill. The quality of the service, the entree, and sides is second to none and well worth the price you pay. Staff was friendly and Brian (manager) came by twice during the meal to check on us. The ladies had fish that was prepared and presented quite well. The steaks were grilled perfectly and seasoned just right. It will not be tomorrow, but we will be back.Special Features:
- WonderfuldrwillardDined on 9/27/2014Everything about this dinner was exceptional. From the online reservation, to our arrival, dinner, service and dessert. Morton's did an outstanding job making us feel very special and the legendary food? Still legendary. Flawless meal, service and experience.Special Features:
- disappointing evening.westtexunVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have usually enjoyed Mortons in the past.Service was lack luster this time. food was fair. For $100 per person meal, there are better choices nearby.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A very nice family occasion was enhanced by a great meal at Morton's. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I've been to several Morton's, and the food is always outstanding. In this case, the service was exceptional. Don't think of this as just a steak place, as the seafood offerings are some of the best to be found anywhere. Bravo!Special Features:
- Perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The staff was incredible and the food impeccable. They made a special evening as perfect as could be. No stone unturned. I will look to Morton's again for my next special engagement dining, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Morton's Dallas is always our "go to" place for special occasions. The staff makes us feel special and deliver wonderful service and food from beginning to end. If it's a great steak you're looking for, it has to be Morton's!Special Features:
- OverpricedExpertoneDined on 9/17/2014Very disappointed in the menu advertised JUMBO CRAB CAKE. It tasted great but there was nothing JUMBO in the size but the expense. The cost for 6 oysters was also way to high. Overall the high prices don't result in any thing special. Good solid food and meat.Special Features:
- Absolutely LOVE Morton'sjustfeedmeDined on 9/13/2014This location has been a favorite for years. I'm never disappointed. The staff are friendly and personable. The food is the best and the atmosphere is always warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightUrbanCowboyDined on 9/13/2014Participated in the final weekend of Morton's summer special. $40 buys you a salad, entree & side plus dessert. The filet & creamed spinach were just wonderful as always, the salad was good too. I always love dressing up & coming into Morton's, They always treat you right! We started with a couple of martinis & they properly transferred our drink tab to the table without me having to pay at the bar, they have complimentary valet & a jacket service service for your suit or if it's cold weather, and very attentive wait staff. I ordered the souffle & they timed it perfectly right when I finished my steak. Great wine selection too which was brought to us by the sommelier himself. I highly recommend it, especially when there is a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. Ever.No1foodieDined on 9/11/2014If you want to be treated like royalty and have a dinner fit for a King and Queen, take your significant other to Morton's the Steakhouse. Everything about Morton's is "top shelf" and better.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The Fall line up menu is a great treat for that not too heavy diner - it features wonderful regular menu items and gives you that great taste that Mortons is known to deliver. The service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse Dallas,TXSamT09Dined on 9/6/201409/06- I chose Morton's to celebrate my birthday and as disappointed the quality and service. I ordered a filet to be cooked medium and it was over cooked and not tender at all. For a $61 plate, you would expect the steak to cut like butter with great taste and to be tender however not case this time. This used to be my favorite restaurant in Dallas. However, I was very disappointed. In the past visits at Morton's the quality of food was wonderful and the service used to be impeccable, but not so much now. Needless say, it is no longer my favorite restaurant and I will no longer recommend this restaurant to my friends or family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were treated to a very special experience. Everyone we had contact was top notch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceFoodie1913Dined on 9/4/2014After having a not so good experience at Eddie V's, I had high expectations for Morton's. The food and presentation was good. The server was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go again and recommend others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSusanB58Dined on 8/31/2014Great service and delicious food! Everything was wonderful - from the convenient valet parking, to the lovely modern decor, to the attentive service and the fantastic food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter David was excellent in every way. Our dinner was prepared to perfection and it is a dining experience I will remember. We did go for restaurant week and were made to feel just as important as those eating off the regular menu. It is a place I would love to revisit.Special Features:
- Great Uptown Steakfgrigs1Dined on 8/29/2014I live four blocks from here, so this is an easy choice if I want to walk and have a 5-star dining experience. I had the filet, asparagus and raw oysters. I was by myself, so I sat at the bar, so I don't feel like this review relays the entire experience. Nonetheless, the food was great and I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014As always Morton's doesn't not disappoint. One put of the many steak houses that actually prepares the steak the way you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakOB1TXDined on 8/27/2014Perfectly prepared fille mignon in a relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Decor Lacks UpdatesVanderMarcDined on 8/24/2014Service was wonderful and so was the food. But I felt like I was trapped in the 80's because of the decor.Special Features: