Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
2222 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2147412277
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Opens Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Dallas hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/dallas
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (80)notable wine list (71)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- RaulDined on 10/18/2014Excellent dinner with very good service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceAngieEatzDined on 10/18/2014Amazing service and great food. The service was better than I expected and the food was awesome.Special Features:
- ZegoatVIPDined on 10/11/2014Outstanding in every phase from arriving to departure. A true dining experience. Brian Perry and the entire staff are outstanding.Special Features:
- A favoriteslhmDined on 10/11/2014You can depend on Morton's The Steakhouse to provide top quality steaks cooked to your liking along with great service. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceBarnzy41Dined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent. The staff took care of our every need on this momentous occasion. The food was excellent and they have by far the best steaks in town. The ambiance was great. Nice place to "show" off your Sunday best and have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's is slippingAFriendDined on 10/10/2014I try to go to Morton's in Dallas a certain college football game. I was really surprised how our waiter would just forget we existed several time. I bought two nice bottles of wine, both$ 200 or above. After the first bottle was emptied it was difficult to ever receive our second bottle. We had a 15-20 minute time delay as we all sat there with empty glasss . I was really surprised Morton's service would have slipped like this as service has always been very good there. It was annoyng enough that we have decided to leave Mortan's and try sone of the other fine steak houses next year...too bad...Special Features:
- wouldn't recommend itCNGNDined on 10/8/2014For a high end restaurant, the food was not worth it at all. The steak had no flavors, crab cake was burnt, shrimp was under cooked, and the baked asparagus were burnt as well. The only good thing we got out of it was our picture. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great food prepared perfectly!BruncherDined on 10/4/2014Too noisy and too dark! Great food prepared perfectly. However, the lack of light was ridiculous! When diners all over the restaurant are using their phones to light the menu and wine list... and even the rest rooms are DARK... it's NOT romantic or pretty, just weird! The waiter was asked if the light level could be raised, it never was and he never had a further comment. Appetizers GREAT! Steaks were perfectly prepared to order and the meat quality was outstanding. Each steak had that perfect char. Noise level was so high that our group of 5 could not carry on a conversation with each other- even the persons beside each other! Waiter was good but disturbed the few attempts we made at trying to speak to each other over the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Issues, needs work..tabletexDined on 10/4/2014We ordered Ribeye, my friend asked for Med Well and I asked for Med. The female that brought our steaks just assumed and dropped the steaks without asking if we had the right temperature steaks sadly we got the wrong steaks. We brought this to the server attention, basically he said sorry. We also ordered two sides, only one arrived with our dinner. We ordered the Mac and Cheese and Au Gratin Potatoes, Potatoes never made it to the table until ten minutes later half way through our wrong temp steaks. We sent it back ( Au Gratin Potatoes), we were then told keep it no charge. Obliviously they missed the point, the side was LATE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's was great !TexasgourmetDined on 9/29/2014When you book this restaurant, you expect to see a high bill. The quality of the service, the entree, and sides is second to none and well worth the price you pay. Staff was friendly and Brian (manager) came by twice during the meal to check on us. The ladies had fish that was prepared and presented quite well. The steaks were grilled perfectly and seasoned just right. It will not be tomorrow, but we will be back.Special Features:
- WonderfuldrwillardDined on 9/27/2014Everything about this dinner was exceptional. From the online reservation, to our arrival, dinner, service and dessert. Morton's did an outstanding job making us feel very special and the legendary food? Still legendary. Flawless meal, service and experience.Special Features:
- disappointing evening.westtexunVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have usually enjoyed Mortons in the past.Service was lack luster this time. food was fair. For $100 per person meal, there are better choices nearby.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A very nice family occasion was enhanced by a great meal at Morton's. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I've been to several Morton's, and the food is always outstanding. In this case, the service was exceptional. Don't think of this as just a steak place, as the seafood offerings are some of the best to be found anywhere. Bravo!Special Features:
- Perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The staff was incredible and the food impeccable. They made a special evening as perfect as could be. No stone unturned. I will look to Morton's again for my next special engagement dining, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Morton's Dallas is always our "go to" place for special occasions. The staff makes us feel special and deliver wonderful service and food from beginning to end. If it's a great steak you're looking for, it has to be Morton's!Special Features:
- OverpricedExpertoneDined on 9/17/2014Very disappointed in the menu advertised JUMBO CRAB CAKE. It tasted great but there was nothing JUMBO in the size but the expense. The cost for 6 oysters was also way to high. Overall the high prices don't result in any thing special. Good solid food and meat.Special Features:
- Absolutely LOVE Morton'sjustfeedmeDined on 9/13/2014This location has been a favorite for years. I'm never disappointed. The staff are friendly and personable. The food is the best and the atmosphere is always warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightUrbanCowboyDined on 9/13/2014Participated in the final weekend of Morton's summer special. $40 buys you a salad, entree & side plus dessert. The filet & creamed spinach were just wonderful as always, the salad was good too. I always love dressing up & coming into Morton's, They always treat you right! We started with a couple of martinis & they properly transferred our drink tab to the table without me having to pay at the bar, they have complimentary valet & a jacket service service for your suit or if it's cold weather, and very attentive wait staff. I ordered the souffle & they timed it perfectly right when I finished my steak. Great wine selection too which was brought to us by the sommelier himself. I highly recommend it, especially when there is a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. Ever.No1foodieDined on 9/11/2014If you want to be treated like royalty and have a dinner fit for a King and Queen, take your significant other to Morton's the Steakhouse. Everything about Morton's is "top shelf" and better.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The Fall line up menu is a great treat for that not too heavy diner - it features wonderful regular menu items and gives you that great taste that Mortons is known to deliver. The service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse Dallas,TXSamT09Dined on 9/6/201409/06- I chose Morton's to celebrate my birthday and as disappointed the quality and service. I ordered a filet to be cooked medium and it was over cooked and not tender at all. For a $61 plate, you would expect the steak to cut like butter with great taste and to be tender however not case this time. This used to be my favorite restaurant in Dallas. However, I was very disappointed. In the past visits at Morton's the quality of food was wonderful and the service used to be impeccable, but not so much now. Needless say, it is no longer my favorite restaurant and I will no longer recommend this restaurant to my friends or family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were treated to a very special experience. Everyone we had contact was top notch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceFoodie1913Dined on 9/4/2014After having a not so good experience at Eddie V's, I had high expectations for Morton's. The food and presentation was good. The server was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go again and recommend others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSusanB58Dined on 8/31/2014Great service and delicious food! Everything was wonderful - from the convenient valet parking, to the lovely modern decor, to the attentive service and the fantastic food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter David was excellent in every way. Our dinner was prepared to perfection and it is a dining experience I will remember. We did go for restaurant week and were made to feel just as important as those eating off the regular menu. It is a place I would love to revisit.Special Features:
- Great Uptown Steakfgrigs1Dined on 8/29/2014I live four blocks from here, so this is an easy choice if I want to walk and have a 5-star dining experience. I had the filet, asparagus and raw oysters. I was by myself, so I sat at the bar, so I don't feel like this review relays the entire experience. Nonetheless, the food was great and I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014As always Morton's doesn't not disappoint. One put of the many steak houses that actually prepares the steak the way you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakOB1TXDined on 8/27/2014Perfectly prepared fille mignon in a relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Decor Lacks UpdatesVanderMarcDined on 8/24/2014Service was wonderful and so was the food. But I felt like I was trapped in the 80's because of the decor.Special Features:
- Best So FarFancyFoods4FunDined on 8/24/2014I absolutely enjoyed every moment I experienced at Morton's. I have not yet stopped talking about how incredible the food was. I would add more stars but I am limited to the amount provided. Fabulous Fun, Drinks, and AtmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdiningoutdallasDined on 8/23/2014We arrived this past Saturday with an 8pm reservation and were told it would be a 10 min wait, which turned into 30 minutes. This was followed by another 30 minute wait for our appetizer and then a 30 minute wait for our main course. Out waitress was MIA for most of the evening, we had to flag someone else down to bring us some bread to munch on during all of the waiting. The waitress did offer us a free dessert but it didn't make up for the poor service and mediocre food, which was not even close to piping hot when it finally did arrive. If you are looking for a nice dining experience, do not come here. I saw more than one diner wearing a baseball hat. This place is not worth the $250 price tag for a dinner for two.
- KevRDined on 8/23/2014What a real disappointment. The wait staff were unattentive and nasty and three hours after ordering our dinner we finally walked out without eating. I've dined at Morton's across the country and never has a worse experience. How can a restaurant allow you to wait (3) three hours for your dinner? I will never dine at Morton's again. They ruined by birthday!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Morton's is always our choice for fine dining and special occasions. The entire team always makes us feel special. We brought two friends that it was their first time and they were so impressed by the food and service. We'll be back next month to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- A special night out with familyalexander69Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good, but for the price I would go to JR's (just as nice). Jr's food is much better and I can spend a little less than $250 rather than spending almost $400 with tip. Glad I was able to take my kids so they can experience fine dining, but will return to JR's simply because all 4 of us thought the food was "hands down" better. The service was excellent though!!!!Special Features:
- BluebonnetBluebonnetDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service from the time we entered until we departed. The entire meal was perfect Will return soon.Special Features:
- Most Wonderful Experience!JelliDined on 8/23/2014The food, wine, atmosphere and service was one of the most memorable date nights we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvthisplace.luvthisplaceDined on 8/22/2014An exceedingly pleasant experience for our group. Justin, our server, was very attentive without being intrusive at all. Ryan, the Maitre'D was extremely efficient, welcoming, and friendly. Our dinners were perfectly prepared, served promptly, and delicious. Our server met our every need, most of which he anticipated. We will be returning and recommending Morton's to our friendsSpecial Features:
- Morton's special eventsMortonsfanDined on 8/19/2014I have now been to Morton's on a number of occasions of them actually returning tomorrow, 08/23/14, for their lobster dinner. With but one occasion our servers have always been exceptional and made our evenings truly special and enjoyable. My friends and I continue to come individually and in groups as Morton's is a venue which meets all needs for our community. The food is exceptional and I am sure the low light ambience is very romantic yet it does cause some difficulty in reading the menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!CBTBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for my son's 21st birthday. I had noted in the comments section when I made the reservation on Open Table. Morton's had menus for us that said Happy 21st Birthday with our son's name on it. The service and the food was excellent.Special Features: