Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
2222 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2147412277
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Opens Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Dallas hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/dallas
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (87)notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Morton's was great !TexasgourmetDined on 9/29/2014When you book this restaurant, you expect to see a high bill. The quality of the service, the entree, and sides is second to none and well worth the price you pay. Staff was friendly and Brian (manager) came by twice during the meal to check on us. The ladies had fish that was prepared and presented quite well. The steaks were grilled perfectly and seasoned just right. It will not be tomorrow, but we will be back.Special Features:
- WonderfuldrwillardDined on 9/27/2014Everything about this dinner was exceptional. From the online reservation, to our arrival, dinner, service and dessert. Morton's did an outstanding job making us feel very special and the legendary food? Still legendary. Flawless meal, service and experience.Special Features:
- disappointing evening.westtexunVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have usually enjoyed Mortons in the past.Service was lack luster this time. food was fair. For $100 per person meal, there are better choices nearby.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A very nice family occasion was enhanced by a great meal at Morton's. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I've been to several Morton's, and the food is always outstanding. In this case, the service was exceptional. Don't think of this as just a steak place, as the seafood offerings are some of the best to be found anywhere. Bravo!Special Features:
- Perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The staff was incredible and the food impeccable. They made a special evening as perfect as could be. No stone unturned. I will look to Morton's again for my next special engagement dining, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Morton's Dallas is always our "go to" place for special occasions. The staff makes us feel special and deliver wonderful service and food from beginning to end. If it's a great steak you're looking for, it has to be Morton's!Special Features:
- OverpricedExpertoneDined on 9/17/2014Very disappointed in the menu advertised JUMBO CRAB CAKE. It tasted great but there was nothing JUMBO in the size but the expense. The cost for 6 oysters was also way to high. Overall the high prices don't result in any thing special. Good solid food and meat.Special Features:
- Absolutely LOVE Morton'sjustfeedmeDined on 9/13/2014This location has been a favorite for years. I'm never disappointed. The staff are friendly and personable. The food is the best and the atmosphere is always warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightUrbanCowboyDined on 9/13/2014Participated in the final weekend of Morton's summer special. $40 buys you a salad, entree & side plus dessert. The filet & creamed spinach were just wonderful as always, the salad was good too. I always love dressing up & coming into Morton's, They always treat you right! We started with a couple of martinis & they properly transferred our drink tab to the table without me having to pay at the bar, they have complimentary valet & a jacket service service for your suit or if it's cold weather, and very attentive wait staff. I ordered the souffle & they timed it perfectly right when I finished my steak. Great wine selection too which was brought to us by the sommelier himself. I highly recommend it, especially when there is a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Steak. Ever.No1foodieDined on 9/11/2014If you want to be treated like royalty and have a dinner fit for a King and Queen, take your significant other to Morton's the Steakhouse. Everything about Morton's is "top shelf" and better.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The Fall line up menu is a great treat for that not too heavy diner - it features wonderful regular menu items and gives you that great taste that Mortons is known to deliver. The service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steakhouse Dallas,TXSamT09Dined on 9/6/201409/06- I chose Morton's to celebrate my birthday and as disappointed the quality and service. I ordered a filet to be cooked medium and it was over cooked and not tender at all. For a $61 plate, you would expect the steak to cut like butter with great taste and to be tender however not case this time. This used to be my favorite restaurant in Dallas. However, I was very disappointed. In the past visits at Morton's the quality of food was wonderful and the service used to be impeccable, but not so much now. Needless say, it is no longer my favorite restaurant and I will no longer recommend this restaurant to my friends or family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were treated to a very special experience. Everyone we had contact was top notch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceFoodie1913Dined on 9/4/2014After having a not so good experience at Eddie V's, I had high expectations for Morton's. The food and presentation was good. The server was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go again and recommend others to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSusanB58Dined on 8/31/2014Great service and delicious food! Everything was wonderful - from the convenient valet parking, to the lovely modern decor, to the attentive service and the fantastic food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter David was excellent in every way. Our dinner was prepared to perfection and it is a dining experience I will remember. We did go for restaurant week and were made to feel just as important as those eating off the regular menu. It is a place I would love to revisit.Special Features:
- Great Uptown Steakfgrigs1Dined on 8/29/2014I live four blocks from here, so this is an easy choice if I want to walk and have a 5-star dining experience. I had the filet, asparagus and raw oysters. I was by myself, so I sat at the bar, so I don't feel like this review relays the entire experience. Nonetheless, the food was great and I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014As always Morton's doesn't not disappoint. One put of the many steak houses that actually prepares the steak the way you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steakOB1TXDined on 8/27/2014Perfectly prepared fille mignon in a relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Decor Lacks UpdatesVanderMarcDined on 8/24/2014Service was wonderful and so was the food. But I felt like I was trapped in the 80's because of the decor.Special Features:
- Best So FarFancyFoods4FunDined on 8/24/2014I absolutely enjoyed every moment I experienced at Morton's. I have not yet stopped talking about how incredible the food was. I would add more stars but I am limited to the amount provided. Fabulous Fun, Drinks, and AtmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdiningoutdallasDined on 8/23/2014We arrived this past Saturday with an 8pm reservation and were told it would be a 10 min wait, which turned into 30 minutes. This was followed by another 30 minute wait for our appetizer and then a 30 minute wait for our main course. Out waitress was MIA for most of the evening, we had to flag someone else down to bring us some bread to munch on during all of the waiting. The waitress did offer us a free dessert but it didn't make up for the poor service and mediocre food, which was not even close to piping hot when it finally did arrive. If you are looking for a nice dining experience, do not come here. I saw more than one diner wearing a baseball hat. This place is not worth the $250 price tag for a dinner for two.
- KevRDined on 8/23/2014What a real disappointment. The wait staff were unattentive and nasty and three hours after ordering our dinner we finally walked out without eating. I've dined at Morton's across the country and never has a worse experience. How can a restaurant allow you to wait (3) three hours for your dinner? I will never dine at Morton's again. They ruined by birthday!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Morton's is always our choice for fine dining and special occasions. The entire team always makes us feel special. We brought two friends that it was their first time and they were so impressed by the food and service. We'll be back next month to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- A special night out with familyalexander69Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good, but for the price I would go to JR's (just as nice). Jr's food is much better and I can spend a little less than $250 rather than spending almost $400 with tip. Glad I was able to take my kids so they can experience fine dining, but will return to JR's simply because all 4 of us thought the food was "hands down" better. The service was excellent though!!!!Special Features:
- BluebonnetBluebonnetDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service from the time we entered until we departed. The entire meal was perfect Will return soon.Special Features:
- Most Wonderful Experience!JelliDined on 8/23/2014The food, wine, atmosphere and service was one of the most memorable date nights we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvthisplace.luvthisplaceDined on 8/22/2014An exceedingly pleasant experience for our group. Justin, our server, was very attentive without being intrusive at all. Ryan, the Maitre'D was extremely efficient, welcoming, and friendly. Our dinners were perfectly prepared, served promptly, and delicious. Our server met our every need, most of which he anticipated. We will be returning and recommending Morton's to our friendsSpecial Features:
- Morton's special eventsMortonsfanDined on 8/19/2014I have now been to Morton's on a number of occasions of them actually returning tomorrow, 08/23/14, for their lobster dinner. With but one occasion our servers have always been exceptional and made our evenings truly special and enjoyable. My friends and I continue to come individually and in groups as Morton's is a venue which meets all needs for our community. The food is exceptional and I am sure the low light ambience is very romantic yet it does cause some difficulty in reading the menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!CBTBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for my son's 21st birthday. I had noted in the comments section when I made the reservation on Open Table. Morton's had menus for us that said Happy 21st Birthday with our son's name on it. The service and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Big fan, but not tonightDRinDallasVIPDined on 8/17/2014We've been to Morton's many times, love the Power Hour in the bar. The food, service, ambiance all great! But on this night, we decided to try the restaurant week menu and the server gave a noticeable "sigh". He made service errors, didn't apologize, was sloppy, overall just rough around the edges. For example, my double pork chops were majority cold pink inside (wanted medium) so sent back to butterfly and cook some more. He didn't apologize and even tried to explain that is what medium is supposed to be. Maybe for beef! Shared my feelings with the manager on the way out and he was great. We're still big fans...but will likely stick to the bar!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost Their AmbianceTXGalDined on 8/16/2014First visit to the new location in Dallas and I was underwhelmed with the ambiance and staff. Food was spectacular as always but it felt crowded even though it wasn't, it was loud and my husband had to change chairs because staff and other guests kept bumping into him and NOT ONE PERSON, staff or guest, excused themselves or apologized upon doing so. Not what I expect when I spend a couple hundred dollars for dinner. The old location downtown was quiet, pleasant and exuded a high end dining experience, they need to recapture some of that.
- Great happy hourMicabyoDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food and drink specials! We went as a group of girls and each item had 3 or 4 pieces so it was perfect. Very funSpecial Features:
- A Safe But Solid ChoiceDiningInDallasDined on 8/14/2014The ambiance inside of Morton’s is refined. The host staff is very gracious. The noise level strikes a nice balance between being not-too loud and not-too quiet. The meal presentation is simple and elegant and the dishes themselves are simple and tasty. Our server rushed us a bit at the end of the meal but otherwise the evening was a nice outing. There are certainly better options in Dallas but Morton’s is a solid choice for fine dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!DebbieD22Dined on 8/11/2014This was our first experience at the new Morton's location and it did not disappoint! Nice atmosphere. Quiet enough to have conversation easily at our table. We all enjoyed every morsel but the exceptional standouts included the filet mignon (perhaps the best I've ever had) and the mini crab cakes. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Burgers & WineOaklawn2Dined on 8/11/2014We went in for a special they were offering: a prime burger and a glass of wine. Wonderful! Plus, the staff here is always knowledgeable, friendly and professional. I guess that is why we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!MayraGVIPDined on 8/10/2014My husband and went for my birthday dinner and it was fabulous. To start the bread they bring out melts in your mouth. Our steaks were the best we have had! I highly recommend MortonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappy04Dined on 8/10/2014food was too well done. ordered steaks and they were very charred. I spent over $250.00 and was not pleased. This was a special occasion.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant was outstanding at making my son's 25th birthday an memorable experience! His name was on the menu, they took a picture of us and gave it to him, mounted in a sleek folder and of course the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.