Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables
2333 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3054421662
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday - Saturday 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Coral Gables hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/coralgables
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)notable wine list (49)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (41)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (15)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Amazing experienceDef1678Dined on 10/16/2014The service was like no other. The second round of drinks were on point. The food was spectacular. They had printed special menu for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencedinexpDined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and Morton's was a good restaurant choice. From beginning to end the experience was a great one. The service was outstanding. Little on the expensive side, if you are not used to the price tag on the food. But, definitely would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was delicious and Dino, our waiter, helped us select a great wine at a reasonable price. My wife and I look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Branch ManagerHenrySDined on 10/5/2014I think the price for most Items are too expensive unless you can include 2 side dishes. We where not impressed with the Restaurant's Décor and it felt very open and not too private, since we where celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014We went for our 25th anniversary. When I made the reservations, I had notated this. They made the experience simply wonderful. They had menus for us that wished us a happy 25th anniversary and the table was decorated with glitter. The service and attention was phenomenal by our waiter Alex and by all of the other staff who interacted with us as well. Last but not least, the food was absolutely delicious! If I could give more than five stars, I would!!Special Features:
- celebrating birthday!SeasonsFanDined on 9/30/2014We met at Morton's to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was perfect the option of a three-course lunch meal. Wonderful time at the center of Coral Gables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent server, food very good, nice ambiance , made the birthday special with the confetti and Happy Birthday printed on the menu and souvenir pic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Good food and service. Our lunch was excellent, the steak sandwich was awesome.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Our server was poor, kept forgetting about us. We went for lunch, and 10 mins after being given a lunch menu, it was taken back and we were told they were currently only serving dinner at 3:00pm!!! Our food was not as asked for the "medium-well" filet mignon was bleeding!!! Totally unhappy with the visit and it's not cheap!!! Won't be back!!!
- AmazingLovefoodDined on 9/13/2014Amazing food, servers, and hostesses. Couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morons always!SeasonsFanDined on 9/13/2014We decided last minute to go out for dinner. Morton's is located in the center of Miracle Mile and had tables available compared to other restaurants that night. The three course menu worked out perfect for us. We enjoyed our food without worrying about the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, delivered as requestedivanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our server was diligent in taking our order and it was cooked as requested.Special Features:
- excellent dinning spotluluDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful experience .The food was delish and so were the cocktails.The shrimp Alexander is divine. Our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulioOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Dino was our waiter. He deserves a raise. We wil be back.Special Features:
- Superb Restaurant!Nice16Dined on 9/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed a thoroughly delightful anniversary dinner here. The service was first class, we were treated very well. Dinner was great, wine was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/9/2014Our family was there for a birthday . We requested the Miami Spice menu. The presentation was like going to a cafeteria. Food served in small plates not at all what we expected for Morton . We also had wine . Miami space is done for people than want to try out new places and see if they like the food and ambiance. I felt that the dinner bill was from Morton but the presentation was from Panera. It's like having champagne in a coffee mug, the food or wine does not taste the same. Visuals are very important for diners. I certainly feel I did not get my money's worth. Only one good thing , the service was awesome form the waitress to the sommelier and the host.
- just okSoFLDinersVIPDined on 9/9/2014We were a party of 4 and all ate from the Miami Spice menu, which we had to ask to see since there was no mention of it. After ordering from the Miami Spice menu, our waiter's attitude changed. He was no longer the bubbly waiter but became quiet and almost seemed disappointed or bothered. The shrimp entree was excellent, but the filet steaks were nothing to rave about. The cut and texture tasted like an inexpensive cut. I've been to several steal houses in the area, this one is my least favorite by far. Our desserts were mediocre. The key lime pie was good, creme brulee was average and the chocolate mousse tasted pre-made and a little dry on the edges. I dont think we will return.Special Features:
- Not a Star in Coral GablesJGronlierDined on 9/9/2014Standard like any other restaurant prices are high for nothing really worth it .
- A lovely Sunday eveningMsPickyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Had some points to redeem with the Landry's card and went there for a Sunday dinner. Miami Spice still on and two of us ordered from it and the third chose the regular menu. All food excellent and the service was one of the best we have ever had there. While Miami Spice menu portions smaller they are not tiny and plenty of food to eat (along with of course the bread!) Sunday evening place had plenty of diners but not jammed which also made the evening laid back and enjoyable.
- DDKiddDined on 9/6/2014We have been eating in Morton's for years. They have updated their menue rather then just being a good steakhouse keeping up with the times with a menue to accomadate everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best oneyum17Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great. Food was delicious. Much better than the other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Onion Bread SinCoralGablesGemDined on 9/5/2014Had the Miami Spice. The honey glazed salmon and the filet both were well prepared. Steak portion a bit small 6 oz. We noticed that the portions wre smaller for the miami spice salads and dessert. Regular portions just about twice the size on the regular menu. Somewhat stingy; takes away from the upscale experience.Special Features:
- nice enoughroloDined on 9/5/2014Great overall value, especially during MIAMI NICE. We were initially charged $112.oo per bottl;e of wine, when the price was really $51.00 each. It was corrected because we looked at the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for meat!WatsonDined on 8/30/2014Wanted to treat my son-in-law who had never eaten at a steakhouse!!! We are visitors to the States, granted! Had a lovely meal, with great wine, and he was impressed. The meat was really flavorful although ever so slightly overdone and dessert quite delicious. I did find the noise level a bit high and the staff, though great, somewhat over-worked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheers to the CHEF!!!!NYsteakcookedperfectDined on 8/30/2014The food was spectacularly delicious. The portions were small leaving you with enough room for desert. this is not a kid friendly restaurant. Make sure to be on the look out for sudden noise of broken plates. While we were there for one hour there were 5 times that either waters or water boy dropped and broke disses and glasses. apparently is common practice because the whole staff was laughing and making a big joke of it. O guess it adds to their humor and their ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but worth itpancho65Dined on 8/29/2014A gem in downtown Coral Gables, located in the beautiful Colonade Hotel you will experience a professionally run first class restaurant. We were a group of 5 this time around and enjoyed the Miami Spice menu and were all very satisfied with it. If there couls be a slight complaint it would be that the drinks were a bit on the skimpy side, a place like this should be somewhat more generous in the Bar with drink sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLuckyNVIPDined on 8/28/2014When I want to enjoy excelletn food in a relax ambiance I chose Morton's at Coral Gables location. Also I chose to eat outdoors beacuse inside is freezing (at least fro my taste). Last night we have tuna, onion rings and caesar salad, the 3 dishes were spectacular.Special Features:
- amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Got reservations for 14 to celebrate my boyfriend's bday. We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and we had an amaxing time. The service was great and the food was delicious..good portions...needless to say my future mother-in-law was impressed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but where to park?MsPickyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went thinking we would dine on Miami Spice menu but decided it wasn't worth scrimping for what was offered. Also, found that the restaurant was packed downstairs and very noisy and loud. We were able however to ask for a table upstairs where the noise level was much more moderate. I do not know what the Coral Gables Valet parking situation is but they were MIA and that is a downside as the parking in the Gables is tough and there was not a valet stand close by at all.
- Steak HouseBrianDined on 8/23/2014Morton's is known for steak. Therefore you should have very good steak, cooked perfectly. We had a very good steak cooked the way we like it. The Morton's salad was good as were the tomatoes. One of the Onion soups came without soup. Oops! The key lime pie and creme brulee were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mortons /gablesluv2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014ok. food average.. portions a little small. did not know if those were Miami Spice POrtions /or regular.. service very good.
- Below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Service poor. Slow. Not attentive. Food average for a steakhouse. For miami spice customers, they don't volunteer the MS menu. No bread with MSpice. The portions are smaller. The plating is sloppy. They make you feel like a second class customer. They should not offer miami spice.
- Perfect food and serviceMGDoralDined on 8/15/2014My husband likes well done meat, but other places tend to burn it. Our waitress ensured that his steak was cooked perfectly to his taste. The menu for the Miami Spice was very complete, offering a choice of meat, chicken or shrimp. Included dessert and appetizer. We went on a Friday night and I liked that it had a lot of energy. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- Where was ManagementPsmahalDined on 8/13/2014Always been a fan of Morton's.Night we went they had an insane $1.00 filet mignon sandwich promo. There was a line out the door to get to the bar for the promo. Meanwhile, host told us to sit where we wanted. No set-up, no menu, no drinks, no waiter. Zip! 15 minutes later we flagged down a harried waiter who sent over a waitress, who finally took care of us. She was fine, but obviously in a hurry. Food was good and steaks as always good. But, between the promo more suited to a sports bar, the lack of any kind of greeting, the harried waitress and the complete lack of interest by management , it was not a memorable evening. Customers were reduced to moving their own tables and chairs to accommodate their party.
- NmendezDined on 8/10/2014Restaurant caters mainly to high end individuals with a small appetite. Comparable to Flemings and Ruth Chris I would much rather spend a little more money and leave satisfied. The service was mediocre. I was not offered a printed menu. I understand the ethical conservation of high end but a printed menu should be optional at minimum
- TableRdjimenez12Dined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 6 and were say upstairs with all the other big group parties and we weren't given a choice for downstairs. I didn't like it at all! It's not as nice as the downstairs area. Don't recommend it. It's noisy with big groups!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DelightsSpringsloverDined on 8/8/2014I have dined at Morton's twice in the past three weeks. Both times were awesome. Once for dinner and again for lunch. Terrific waiter both times by the name of Ramsis. Lovely ambiance great food. I enjoyed the stuffed shrimp for dinner and the chicken in a light butter sauce for lunch. Both delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and the portions were very small. My fiance paid $10 extra for an enhancement in the steak from 6 oz to 8 oz. I had the salmon, which was lacking in flavor. We really did not enjoy the meal. Not worth the money!!!!Special Features:
- chafaDined on 7/26/2014Morton is consistently a very good steak house, better than others in the area. If a little bit pricy, specially in the winw list. We recommend the Maine lobster cocktail ant the filet mignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best there is...Nms21VIPDined on 7/25/2014You just don't know what top-notch food tastes like until you've tried this place. My mom never has a favorite and she fell in love with Morton's so much I even joined the VIP list for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.