Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables
2333 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3054421662
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday - Saturday 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Coral Gables hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/coralgables
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)notable wine list (42)good for groups (36)romantic (34)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Out for meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Wanted to treat my son-in-law who had never eaten at a steakhouse!!! We are visitors to the States, granted! Had a lovely meal, with great wine, and he was impressed. The meat was really flavorful although ever so slightly overdone and dessert quite delicious. I did find the noise level a bit high and the staff, though great, somewhat over-worked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheers to the CHEF!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was spectacularly delicious. The portions were small leaving you with enough room for desert. this is not a kid friendly restaurant. Make sure to be on the look out for sudden noise of broken plates. While we were there for one hour there were 5 times that either waters or water boy dropped and broke disses and glasses. apparently is common practice because the whole staff was laughing and making a big joke of it. O guess it adds to their humor and their ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but worth itpancho65Dined on 8/29/2014A gem in downtown Coral Gables, located in the beautiful Colonade Hotel you will experience a professionally run first class restaurant. We were a group of 5 this time around and enjoyed the Miami Spice menu and were all very satisfied with it. If there couls be a slight complaint it would be that the drinks were a bit on the skimpy side, a place like this should be somewhat more generous in the Bar with drink sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLuckyNVIPDined on 8/28/2014When I want to enjoy excelletn food in a relax ambiance I chose Morton's at Coral Gables location. Also I chose to eat outdoors beacuse inside is freezing (at least fro my taste). Last night we have tuna, onion rings and caesar salad, the 3 dishes were spectacular.Special Features:
- amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Got reservations for 14 to celebrate my boyfriend's bday. We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and we had an amaxing time. The service was great and the food was delicious..good portions...needless to say my future mother-in-law was impressed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but where to park?MsPickyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went thinking we would dine on Miami Spice menu but decided it wasn't worth scrimping for what was offered. Also, found that the restaurant was packed downstairs and very noisy and loud. We were able however to ask for a table upstairs where the noise level was much more moderate. I do not know what the Coral Gables Valet parking situation is but they were MIA and that is a downside as the parking in the Gables is tough and there was not a valet stand close by at all.
- Steak HouseBrianDined on 8/23/2014Morton's is known for steak. Therefore you should have very good steak, cooked perfectly. We had a very good steak cooked the way we like it. The Morton's salad was good as were the tomatoes. One of the Onion soups came without soup. Oops! The key lime pie and creme brulee were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mortons /gablesluv2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014ok. food average.. portions a little small. did not know if those were Miami Spice POrtions /or regular.. service very good.
- Below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Service poor. Slow. Not attentive. Food average for a steakhouse. For miami spice customers, they don't volunteer the MS menu. No bread with MSpice. The portions are smaller. The plating is sloppy. They make you feel like a second class customer. They should not offer miami spice.
- Perfect food and serviceMGDoralDined on 8/15/2014My husband likes well done meat, but other places tend to burn it. Our waitress ensured that his steak was cooked perfectly to his taste. The menu for the Miami Spice was very complete, offering a choice of meat, chicken or shrimp. Included dessert and appetizer. We went on a Friday night and I liked that it had a lot of energy. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- Where was ManagementPsmahalDined on 8/13/2014Always been a fan of Morton's.Night we went they had an insane $1.00 filet mignon sandwich promo. There was a line out the door to get to the bar for the promo. Meanwhile, host told us to sit where we wanted. No set-up, no menu, no drinks, no waiter. Zip! 15 minutes later we flagged down a harried waiter who sent over a waitress, who finally took care of us. She was fine, but obviously in a hurry. Food was good and steaks as always good. But, between the promo more suited to a sports bar, the lack of any kind of greeting, the harried waitress and the complete lack of interest by management , it was not a memorable evening. Customers were reduced to moving their own tables and chairs to accommodate their party.
- NmendezDined on 8/10/2014Restaurant caters mainly to high end individuals with a small appetite. Comparable to Flemings and Ruth Chris I would much rather spend a little more money and leave satisfied. The service was mediocre. I was not offered a printed menu. I understand the ethical conservation of high end but a printed menu should be optional at minimum
- TableRdjimenez12Dined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 6 and were say upstairs with all the other big group parties and we weren't given a choice for downstairs. I didn't like it at all! It's not as nice as the downstairs area. Don't recommend it. It's noisy with big groups!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DelightsSpringsloverDined on 8/8/2014I have dined at Morton's twice in the past three weeks. Both times were awesome. Once for dinner and again for lunch. Terrific waiter both times by the name of Ramsis. Lovely ambiance great food. I enjoyed the stuffed shrimp for dinner and the chicken in a light butter sauce for lunch. Both delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and the portions were very small. My fiance paid $10 extra for an enhancement in the steak from 6 oz to 8 oz. I had the salmon, which was lacking in flavor. We really did not enjoy the meal. Not worth the money!!!!Special Features:
- chafaDined on 7/26/2014Morton is consistently a very good steak house, better than others in the area. If a little bit pricy, specially in the winw list. We recommend the Maine lobster cocktail ant the filet mignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best there is...Nms21VIPDined on 7/25/2014You just don't know what top-notch food tastes like until you've tried this place. My mom never has a favorite and she fell in love with Morton's so much I even joined the VIP list for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service Quality foodQualityDined on 7/20/2014Good service Quality food is consistent with this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Great Steak and Caesar SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Perfect 8 oz center-cut filet mignon, great bottle of 2008 Silver Oak, and a delightful caesar salad. Service was top-notch - there when required and friendly. Just a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- FrnkVIPDined on 7/19/2014what you should receive from a first class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grab That SpotGourmet1Dined on 7/12/2014Upon arrival at 6pm on a Saturday, servers appeared to be lounging about awaiting patrons. All members of our dinner party ordered varied entrees and were pleased with their selection. The cuts of meat were cooked exactly to order. Note: menu is a la carte. The moderately priced wines were top quality. Overall, everyone had a pleasant evening. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Always amazing.RyanVIPDined on 7/6/2014Can never go wrong at Morton's. Food is great as we'll as the service. Love the soufflé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceMelB1384VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had to wait 15minutes with our reservation. Appetizers and dessert were small. Steak was good. Sides were ok. Friendly server. Don't think will be coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This was our 3rd time at the restaurant and it will be our last. We were seated right away but apparently there was no server assigned to the table. It took between 10 - 15 minutes for a server to bring us our menus and take our drink order. When our food was being delivered, the person did not know where our table was. Our food was delivered about the same time that other tables were served that came in after us. The food quite Frankly was not as good as in the past. We completed a survey the restaurant sent us and we have not gotten any feedback from them.
- Tony49Dined on 6/27/2014At Morton's in the Gables you can always count on great food, a good wine list and very good service. Request a booth which seat 4 very comfortable or six pushed together.Special Features:
- MaxyDined on 6/27/2014Service was bad at the bar really bad guy bartender mis arable fitting with other coworkers we wait for 20 mini TUS for a drink when the bar was fairly no busy this guy don't even said hello was rude Horrible experience for a very price hig end rest The same res in Chicago was very good here inn Miami bad bad not recomended
- I'm a great fan of this rest.inlovewithMortonsDined on 6/27/2014I always recommend it for ANY occasion. This visit was the first one where the service was not "the usual".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!DineoutVIPDined on 6/27/2014Indiana our server was GREAT! Food, service and price for the lobster feast special was wonderful..........................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Congested entrance !ArchieDined on 6/27/2014Weekends its a mob scene ...Noy enough help at the door . Bar too close to fine dining!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2014Great steaks. and bartender needs lessons on latin on the rocks drinks popular in Miami. Would always recommendSpecial Features:
- LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Quality of Food vs price is not acceptable you can go and eat better steaks for lessSpecial Features:
- It was ok..Eggy22VIPDined on 6/14/2014Steak flavor was good, but portion was questionable. Hubby ordered for an upgrade of $10 the 8oz Filet. When both dishes, my 6oz and his "8oz" were placed in front of us, we could not tell the difference. They both looked exactly alike.. I do have to say that upon bringing this to the attention of our waiter, we were told that "my 6oz was "hand cut" and sometimes it comes out bigger - but that they would go ahead a waive the $10 upgrade charge which was super nice of them, considering neither us or the waiter could tell the difference. Overall, it was a good tasting meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average experiencevickyVIPDined on 6/14/2014First of all waiter was pleasant. We were 2 couples who ordered salmon. Dish arrived charred on the top. We were attempting to have a relaxing dinner waiting to pick up son from airport. I did not wish to delay and opted not to say anything. Both of us ate what we could by scraping the top off. Of course there was still a taste of burn in the flavor. After receiving the bill and placing our credit cards for payment we were informed they were adjusting the bill since they had charged us $39 for coral gables restaurant week as opposed to $40. They took the bill and added the extra $4.00 I am not sure that was very intelligent since it seemed quite petty I would imagine they probably should have said nothing and absorbed the $4.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing night!Summer14Dined on 6/14/2014The ambience was that of over crowded and very loud. Tables for two were less than 10 inches apart. No privacy to talk. Even though when I made the reservation on line and when the restaurant called to confirm the reservation I informed them we where celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary, no mention or any special set up was provided. We had celebrated with them in 2010 and had a very positive visit then. Sorry to say it was not the same. Our waiter was hurried, the bar was backed up and so was the kitchen.Special Features:
- Good SteakFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Good traditional steak house with good service. They had a good 4 course menu.Special Features:
- Service not up to parluvtoeatoutDined on 6/14/2014Rushed service during Cables Week with food not as good as other times. Wait person did not tell us that sauces for steaks were extra. $5.00 for a small amount of sauce! Would not go back because of the attitude towards "specials" and inconsistent food preparation.
- Great Coral Gables Dine Week ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/10/2014We loved everything about our dining experience. Our waitress was just outstanding and the steaks were perfectly prepared to our request. The fries were delicious.Special Features:
- DJonesDined on 6/10/2014Went to Morton's with friends to see what the Coral Gables Restaurant Week experience would be like and was very impressed with everything. Our waiter, Frank, was very attentive, knowledgeable, friendly, and a lot of fun. I had previously dined here for the Miami Spice menu and found the food to be inferior to what they usually serve. This time, however, everything we tried was exceptionally delicious. I highly recommend the spinach salad, the 6 oz. filet mignon, and the chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking is an issueBigZigDined on 5/24/2014They have no valet parking and you either have to drive around looking for a metered spot or go to a parking garage around the corner. The garage is not very convenient to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014I expect nothing less than perfection. Service was excellent, food as always , cooked to order with excellent presentation.Special Features: