Morton's The Steakhouse - Cleveland
The Avenue at Tower City Center
1600 W. Second Street
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (216) 621-6200
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Sunday - Wednesday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Cleveland hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/cleveland
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Cleveland
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (50)notable wine list (37)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not impressed & not worth the $$$RissabDined on 11/22/2014We were impressed with the personalized menus. Sheila was very knowledgable and attentive. We were NOT impressed with the food. For the prices we paid, we expected a LOT better quality in the food. My husband 's butterfly cut filet had to be sent back, it was undercooked. A $50 steak should come to the table perfectly cooked. 2 combo filets with shrimp/scallops didn't NOT look like filets at all. I felt the steaks lacked flavor although they were tender. I was sad that the best thing I had all night was the bacon-n-onion mac-n- cheese. We will not waste high dollars (dinner was $175) on the low quality of food. Very disappointed.
- Dinner@Morton'sBuckeyeFan101Dined on 11/17/2014The service and food were very good. I especially thought the atmosphere was comfortable and convenient. I would certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarapibDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I went to Morton's to celebrate our first anniversary. I am a more adventurous eater and would have preferred a more local option, but my husband is a very basic meat and potatoes kind of guy, so we chose Morton's. The food was good, but not outstanding. I've had $100+ per person meals that I still remember and crave years later...not so much here. My husband and I both agreed that I have cooked similar meals better at home. What was outstanding was the service. Every employee-from hostess to busser to servers to the manager-was incredibly nice and very helpful. They even took a picture of us and printed it out as a souvenir for us because we were celebrating our anniversary. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Below average at MortonsLexington1234Dined on 11/14/2014We have been here 4 times in the last 6 months after no visits for over 12 or so years. First few times great but the last two very disappointing due to the fact they weren't busy. 11/14/2014 Food cold, server obviously was too busy watching basketball in the lounge and our food sat and was barely warm upon arrival. We certainly seemed to be putting our waiter out. Too bad. Won't be back for some time if at all. Too much end expense to not have exceptional service and food.Special Features:
- Sunday night birthday celebrationCleveland23Dined on 11/9/2014I opted to use the steak and seafood special, and it was fantastic. The filet was cooked to perfection and the scallops simply melted in your mouth. Come here with an empty stomach because you WILL CERTAINLY be given more food than your belly can handle! I have only been to Morton's Steakhouse twice, and both experiences were fabulous.Special Features:
- Gadflyyyy1Gadflyyyy1Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was amazing, BUT I made the reservations under the idea that it was Restaurant Week. I went to the web site, fount Mortons, made the reservations and was told it's only Restaurant week for them in March. Does that sound like the bait and switch to you?I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent service, Great Food. A little on the expensive side, but we'll worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We went here for my husband's 30th birthday. Everything was perfect- our server (I'm pretty sure his name was John) was friendly and knowledgeable, the food delicious, and they even printed up menus that said happy 30 th birthday on them, which of course I forgot to take one home with me :( We had a decent sized group with us and everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for making our night so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Always enjoy taking my family to Morton's to get the finest steaks. Their specials make this possible when taking a family, I hope they keep these up. Tried their 4C house wine and was very pleased, complimented the fillet very well.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!bleeVIPDined on 10/30/2014go here before a cavs game, its the best! their food is amazing! Yes its expensive but well worth it! great wines and the best service in the city!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationFoody1Dined on 10/29/2014I took my wife out for a Birthday Celebration and we had a wonderful time. Our service was exceptional, Food was outstanding and We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!foodforthoughtDined on 10/28/2014The service was great. The food was exceptional. I wanted to take my sister and mother to dinner and everything was perfect. Everything from the valet parking, service and food was outstanding. The spinach salad was the best I have ever eaten, the shrimp and steak was perfect. We will return soon.Special Features:
- lobsterqueenDined on 10/25/2014We always go to the Morton's in Las Vegas (She Mortons). I always order the $99.00 16oz cold water lobster tail. If we stay in Las Vegas for a week; our minimum visit to She Mortons for dinner is about 3-4 nights out of the 7. I ordered the 16oz tail at the Cleveland (1600 W. Second) location. I was disappointed because parts of the lobster were mushy. The rest of our meal was great though and John our server was fantastic. I will definitely come again, however, I will save ordering the lobster for when we are in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Nightstephan2Dined on 10/25/2014We have dined at Morton's a few years back and it was great . We feel this time was even better since it was our special night ,being married for forty five years .The food and service by the staff was fantastic ,plus we were able to see our son's photo was still on the wall of fame for eating a ninety six oz. steak .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAJSPKSVIPDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed a nice meal in a comfortable environment. The staff were very friendlySpecial Features:
- Old School Steakhouse in CLESartorialSplendorDined on 10/18/2014We had a really great meal, but for the price I'm not sure it was anything out of the ordinary/exceptional. The bacon-wrapped scallops, however, were to die for!Special Features:
- every bite was savoryyumyumDined on 10/16/2014Simply fine dining at its best. Service was a little overwhelming.. lots of checking to see if all was ok. Cauliflower truffle was really good. Nice chsnge from potatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first trip to Morton's. We enjoyed the entire experience. The food was amazing. We will be visiting again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014While waiting to be taken to our seat two employees continued to bicker back and forth in front of us over who was talking about who behind eachothers back. Mind you these were grown women not twenty somethings! Very unproffesional, especially for such an "upscale restaurant". The food was nothing to rave about, our crabcakes were wonderful, we also did the chicken bianca which I would never recommend. The 3 tiny chicken breasts you get would be plenty if they were edible, probably the driest 36$ piece of chicken we have ever had. I have fabulous food at great suburban restaurants for about 20$ less/plate. Cost is never an issue with us for dinner, but I expect it to satisfy. Our waitress was wonderful, overall would not recommend.
- iT'S THE PLACE FOR STEAKREDDDDined on 9/26/2014I have been going to Morton's for years now and I enjoy myself each and every time because of their attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicole wonderful as alwaysalwaysroom4dsrtDined on 9/20/2014This superb restaurant doesn't need to change anything. and, our visits are even better than ever thanks to the outstanding service and delightful personality of our usual server, Nicole. And the best part is that her husband was at the grill and perfectly prepared our steaks! A delightful gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food and serviceHan86Dined on 9/17/2014Add the bleu cheese butter to your steak the bone in ribeye was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Typical Morton's. It has very good food and service. Great place to take clients.
- great nightpstalVIPDined on 9/13/2014Met some friends for dinner, it was a wonderful time. Morton's let us sit and order drinks while waiting for the rest of our group. The food was spectacular and the drinks superb!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday on 9/11 and everything was excellent...food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2eatsteakDined on 9/10/2014Everything from the service to the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton SaladthebirthdaygirlDined on 9/6/2014The Morton Salad could have been a little more on the fresh side. The lettuce seemed a little wilted in some spots and not as crisp as it could have been. The steak, shrimp, and scallops were excellent and the twice au gratin potatoes were very good. My overall experience was very pleasant. The waitress was exceptional, very excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014From the food, to the cocktails, to the wine, to the servers, to management, here is my one word description: excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Service was fantastic. Waitress was attentive. The food was absolute perfection. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Exquisite!!!PwilliegDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 19th Anniversary, ending the week with dinner at Morton's, I loved everything about this dining experience, from the valet parking to the thoughtful personalized service! We were presented with our own personalized menu acknowledging the occasion along with a complimentary framed photo. Our server was most excellent in her presentation and promptness. And the food was impeccable! This was the most I have ever paid for dinner, and worth every dollar. I would definitely dine at Morton's again in the futureSpecial Features:
- SteakManDined on 8/30/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. Service was fantastic. Food beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neaneaDined on 8/29/2014My steak was a little undercooked however I cannot send a 57.00 steak back so I was disappointed. I do not recommend the horseradish mash. They have no flavor.Special Features:
- Clevelands BestggsdinnerDined on 8/23/2014I took my husband for a night out on the town for his birthday. We stayed at the Renaissance and played at the Casino. The dinner was wonderful! He had the Cajun Ribeye Steak and it was prepared just the way he liked it. I had the Chilean Sea Bass which was delightful. My husband has raved about it to friends and family. We will surely be back again!Special Features:
- MORTON'S IS THE TOPSFrank82Dined on 8/20/2014GREAT SERVICE FROM MAURICE, GREAT DRINKS, AND AN EXCELLENT DEAL ON THE $40 FOUR COURSESpecial Features:
- not impressed!LaurieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Not impressed at all, food was very disappointing. Chicken christopher was rubbery. The waiter did not remember my husband's hash brown potatoes, we waited 10 minutes, he was almost finished his dinner when they were brought to the table. Dinner arrived 1 minute after appetizer was done, felt very rushed. Same with dessert, very rushed. Would not return. Hyde Park steak house is a cross the street, would definitely go there next time.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArielDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Morton's this past weekend. It was fabulous! They certainly give an extra touch for special occasions... our menus were printed specifically for us, a photograph and frame were given to us, and we were also given a delicious dessert too. Overall, great way to spend a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- westsiderDined on 8/12/2014Service was fantastic as well as the food. Parking attendant service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently top of it's classORDinCLEDined on 8/9/2014Folks it's Cleveland, and even though it's only an hour and a half plane ride to either Chicago or NYC the proximity has not taught anyone here how to prepare a quality piece of meat. Red, XO, Johnny's, delmonicos, Cabin Club - they all get the dollar amounts right but not the consistent high quality results you'll get at Morton's. High quality ingredients that are always cooked plated and served exactly how they should be. This is "go to Number 1" for no worries top notch execution time in and out. Best steak in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, priceySargeDined on 8/9/2014We like to go out to eat about once a week, however we try to keep dinner for us around $100. It was our 28th Anniversary and we chose Morton's because we have always wanted to go. My wife and I found nothing negative here other than price. When we arrived we were seated immediately and everyone wished us a happy anniversary. The menues were printed with our names, date and a anniversary wish. We has a drink and shared the short rib tacos for an appetizer. We both had the 16 oz ribeye, they were cooked perfectly. We shared 2 sides and free desert. Ann our waitress was the best, she took great care of us. I would make this a monthly visit if not for the price, I am not cheap by any means but 200+ 40 tip is just too much for a meal for 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.