Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte
227 W. Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7043332602
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Nightly:
Monday - Thursday 5:30-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Charlotte (Uptown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/charlotte
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (77)notable wine list (54)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Delicious food, terrific waitstaff, ate at a different Morton's last year for my birthday, this time in Charlotte!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food fine. Ambiance ok. Service questionable. Manager approached every table but ours. Husband 's birthday disregarded yet table across got candle and picture. Do not like no price menu. Will not return.
- CelebrateFeelslikehomeDined on 9/13/2014Food is wonderful especially the steaks. Plentiful sides and impeccable service. Very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as Expected !MacirishDined on 9/13/2014Morton's is fitst class in every way.....from greeting upon arrival to departure with their complimentery valet parking. We took advantage of their Summer Special and were auite pleased. Great Salads and perfectly cooked steaks of the highest quality ! You can't go wrong with Morton'sSpecial Features:
- Always an exceptional standard!realtimereviewerDined on 9/13/2014Amazing food and service as we have grown to expect from Morton's. Great to have consistency in the food preparation time and time again. There are lots of options in fine dining but Morton's is a wonderful staple and we never hesitate in choosing to dine here. I must say that I have been to 4 other locations and they are all exceptional so it is always good to have a restaurant of this caliber in your city.Special Features:
- Gone downhillNCState1988Dined on 9/12/2014Morton's used to be a good restaurant with great food. The past three or four times we have visited, our steaks have not been cooked properly and on one occasion the scallops were burnt, and served "turned over" so that the burnt side was hidden. This last visit, steaks were over cooked. This is an expensive restaurant and you would expect that steaks would be prepared properly and as ordered. It is a steak house restaurant by the way. That should be the one thing that you would think would be right.
- Excellent for a special occasionConcordDined on 9/3/2014Service was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection. Great wine choices. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did our anniversary right!dccshazamDined on 9/1/2014Wasn't expecting such a wonderful experience. Photo of us in a nice frame to remember the night. Custom menu with our names and anniversary on it. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribIandcabDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding service is what seperates Morton's from other high end steak houses. After 3 mediocre experiences at Del Frisco's, I switched to Morton's and have never looked back. Steaks were perfectly prepared. Wine list is extraordinary. This is the place for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Food was fantastic, service was great. Everyone enjoyed their meal but our server was def a smoker and had to stop another server to ask what the wine feature of the night was. Everytime he came around, we cringed from the cigarette smell still leftover from his cloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Have eaten here several times. Was a little disappointed in the food this time - the fillet was a little stringy, and the 2 pound lobster was definitely over cooked. But the service was excellent, and the balance of the food - asparagus and lemon soufflé were outstanding.Special Features:
- Lobster night!We3go4funDined on 8/22/2014Took a group of friends and family for August Lobster night! Lobsters huge and our favorite waitperson, Tara, super as usual! Love Morton's quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WILL NOT BE BACKKEETDined on 8/15/2014I could not believe the amount of time that it took for us to order. There were several open tables, both upstairs and down, so I could not understand why it was close to an hour before our order was taken. Once our food arrived, I had to send the $50 Lamb Chops back 3 times. When you pay this much to dine, you would think that the service would match. NOT even close. I will say the table beside mine seemed to have their food flowing to them with a different waiter. VERY poor service. This was my first dining experience at the Charlotte Morton's, and it will be a lasting one. I will not pay money to dine here again, unless proven otherwise to come back!!Special Features:
- skeyDined on 8/15/2014To sum it up in one word excellence! The food and service was outstanding! Staff did a wonderful job making our occasion special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to GoGoing2MortonsDined on 8/10/2014From the time we drove up to the time we left the service was excellent. The maître d' ensured we were settled in a great seat and took the time to ask why we were joining. He complimented us on our 7 year anniversary and ensured that our waitress knew as well. She was exceptional and offered us great suggestions on our food selection. They topped the evening with a complimentary desert for our anniversary. This was a great place to dine for such a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fine dining in CharlotteTravelagentTDined on 8/8/2014For years Morton's has provided quality fine dining along with an atmosphere that is above elegant. Wine selection is extensive and provides something for everyone. The Soufflés are delicious!Special Features:
- Great foot with excellent serviceMonkeyManDined on 8/1/2014As a veteran of Morton's from other cities (San Francisco, San Jose) my first trip to Morton's in Charlotte didn't disappoint. Outstanding steaks bring you to Morton's, the impeccable professional staff makes you come back. A two sentence note about our guests having an anniversary in the reservation created a fabulous experience for our dinner guests. Everyone addressed them by name from the front door till the end of the night, menu's were personalized, the food was excellent, and the night was capped off with a nice photo for them to take home. The staff made the night memorable for them just as I knew they would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DrFritzDined on 7/28/2014Went for our anniversary. Could NOT have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Son's 21st birthday dinnerjap1958Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Morton's for our son's 21st birthday dinner. The service was fine. We checked other reviews that said the service was bad and the food was cold. We almost didn't go, but decided to go anyway. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okHastodineDined on 7/26/2014While the name signifies excellence and the service was just that, the steak was ho-hum. Service is excellent and the bread was GREAT but the drinks are pricey ($14.), my steak was overcooked and no real flavor one way or the other. I wouldn't recommend a return visit when there are so many other great steakhouses in the area that are more moderately priced and tasty. Sorry to say.
- DisappointingsteakloverDined on 7/26/2014This was our first dining experience at Morton uptown for Queens Feast. The food quality and portions were very disappointing. The filet mignon was average at best. My wife's french omion soup was served in a tiny cup. The cheescake was a sliver, not a slice. Not what I expected at all - would not recommend.
- Would love to come back againMaceDined on 7/25/2014I was able to go to Morton's during Restaurant week and this place is amazing. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great food and service. This place is pricey on a normal night, but it is worth it once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private roomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Our large party had a private room with wonderful waitstaff. It was a magical night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningFinediningDined on 7/25/2014Group of four. Delcious filet mignon and mashed potatoes, cooked as requested. Several wait staff checking in with us.Special Features:
- Great service, food was 'ok'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We tried them out during Charlotte's restaurant week. Our waiter Bill was fantastic! Several items lacked the flavor you would expect, it was just bland with nothing special. Cheesecake was awesome. I would return to try other itemsSpecial Features:
- Great Experiencefoodie506Dined on 7/24/2014I have to admit that the Filet Mignon that I ordered has to be one of the most tender I have every had. And I have tried a lot of good steaks! The service was incredible and the environment is very relaxing.Special Features:
- Service was slow & Food was coldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Service was slow and food was cold. My french onion soup cheese had been sitting so long the cheese wasn't "cheesy" any longer, hard and unable to separate easily with my spoon. My friend ordered a medium well filet and it came out very well done. First experience here made me not want to come back. I understand it was restaurant week which means a lot of guests but we dined at a few restaurants where the whole experience was still top notch, despite the crowd.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Great restaurant , the best steaks, very attentive and friendly staff enjoyed dinning here very much the only negative was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTravDined on 7/24/2014I had the salmon and my girlfriend had the shrimp. Both were great. Love the onion loaf for starters and the cheesecake to end. Only suggestion is to have sweet tea. We are in the south. At least offer simple syrup for the ones that prefer it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDined on 7/24/2014This was my first time at Morton's. I've heard some great things about the food but was "VERY" disappointed. My husband and I had the steak and it was very dry. The mash potatoes tasted like the we're instant potatoes from a box. The Mirton's salad tasted like they just three some lettuce and dressing in a big bowl and tossed it. The best part was Stephanie our waitress was great and the keyle me pie was good. My least favorite steak place.
- I Would Not Go BackBruceAtlDined on 7/24/2014I have dined at other Morton's but this was the first time at Charlotte. Food was fair. Caesar salads were cafeteria quality. Filet mignon steak was good. Shrimp was good. Broccoli side dish horrible. Deserts were poor. Ki lime pie was uneatable. Cheese cake was cafeteria quality. Service was fair to poor. Bread was served without a bread knife. My son had to go ask the maître d for forks for out deserts. Entre were good but not great. A $50 steak should be great. My wife is gluten free and inquired if items could be prepared gluten free. She was told that they would be prepared gluten free. Shrimp was served gluten free but the side had bread crumbs. Server never even asked how we liked the food or if it was prepared correctly.
- Half portions restaurant weekCocoDined on 7/23/2014Great food as always but half portions served restaurant week (waitress told us this) and service very slow at this time. Normally 5 out of 5 all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014sat at the bar before being seated. bartender was a tad bit aloof….bordering on rude. needs attitude adjustment! wait staff in dining room was fabulous!!Special Features:
- restaurant week samplergivemechimaDined on 7/23/2014THIS PLACE LOOKS NICE, SERVICES WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, but Chima has you beet on food quality and quantity. "Mortans filet was good but Chimas filet was better." Hubby says.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eventing out with co-workersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our team thouroughly enjoyed our dinner. The waitress was very pleasant and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trying out!sheilae88Dined on 7/21/2014My family tried Morton's Steakhouse for the first time during restaurant week, and we all loved it. Our reservation was at 8 and we got off to a rough start since the restaurant was loud and noisy. We were all disappointed, but they made a quick turnaround. The bread is yummy (ummm...we got 4 loaves!) and the filet mignon was the best I've ever had. The cheesecake is wonderful also. I highly recommend trying this out during Restaurant Week if you get a chance! Tara is a wonderful waitress and she did a fabulous job. My family and I are already talking about going back for the next Restaurant Week in January.Special Features:
- CharlestonNativeDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was pleasant and staff very attentive to our needs. We went to Morton's to celebrate a birthday and received the royal treatment including a photo of the experience as a keepsake from the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced&out of datewoodstockDined on 7/20/2014We had the 6oz filet mignon. I asked for well done I got a pink center. The mash potatoes were lumpy. The chocolate moose was too sweet and too small. The cheese cake was microscopic in size and looked and tasted like it was a frozen cake. Restaurant needs updating to its decor too. Plates were plain round plates silverware unimpressive. Water glasses looked like you get for a dollar in a discount store. Portion sizes overall were small. Did they reduce sizes for items because it was the restaurant week or do they normally give you miniscule portions and just charge exhorbitant prices ? Overall this was my first time at Mortons and my last. If you want a great steak and great service go to Epic Chop House in Mooresville.
- NiceFlycly30zDined on 7/19/2014After years of hearing about Morton's I've finally had the opportunity to eat there and the food and service was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to dinner at Morton's and it was wonderful and we had a great time, the food was delicious and it was a very nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.