Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte
227 W. Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (704) 333-2602
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served Nightly:
Monday - Thursday 5:30-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Charlotte (Uptown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/charlotte
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (40)notable wine list (33)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best steak!BobbyDined on 11/17/2014Tender, juicy, not enough adjectives to describe how good the steak is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014My wife and I celebrated 22 years at Morton's. I let them know while making the reservation that it was our anniversary and they went above and beyond to make our night very special. The food was outstanding along with the service. We will go back next year for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom B.ThomasDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary with a luscious steak dinner. Everything was awesome from the crab cakes and oysters on the half shell to the endive salad to the Chicago style bone in ribeye to the cauliflower mash topped with key lime pie. Mmmmmm!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014Our waitress was outstanding! She made the evening very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdentechDined on 11/7/2014Took my wife to Charlotte for the week end to celebrate her birthday. Morton's was the place I chose to really "wow" her. The ambiance, food, and attention to detail of the wait staff was excellent. We were not only served the best steak in Charlotte we were also pampered and spoiled by the friendly and very professional staff. My birthday is in February and guess where I plan to celebrate it!Special Features:
- Charlotte BEATDOWN!!whodat2014Dined on 11/1/2014Awesome dining experience. Food superb, great service. Maitre'D EXTREMLY people person. This is a fabulous restaurant the crew gave me a wonderful Birthday to remember. My sister and I are forever appreciative of this most special occasion. THANK YOU!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Filet!MoniqueInQCDined on 10/31/2014My meal was awesome and flavorful. My filet was tender and the onions and mushrooms were a great accompaniment. I shared that I had gluten allergies with my server and he protectively adjusted my side of broccoli to be prepared without the bread crumbs, which was great, because I would have had to send it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For CelebratingNancyDined on 10/31/2014A special treat on Halloween night. We celebrated my Mom's 85th birthday. Service, special requests, and food were all just perfect! All treats, no tricks!Special Features:
- Always AwesomeAnniversaryDined on 10/31/2014Kevin and the team at Morton's always makes the evening a true night out. My wife and I would rather go here than anywhere else. Just wonderful service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To Die ForBonBonDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I had a Panthers weekend staying at the Omni and walked to Morton's. I ordered the 22 oz bone in rib eye and it was succulent and delicious. just as I had on two recent occasions in Boston at two very fine steakhouses. The cauliflower, truffle and Parmesan side was unbelievable. So light and fluffy my wife who does not like cauliflower though it was better than her potato. She ordered the filet and lobster and said it was one of the best she'd eaten. The bread and wedge salad (that we split and still couldn't eat it all) are awesome too. Overall great food and great serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MortonsJerrykDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service and great attention to detail. We really enjoyed our evening and the warm welcome we received when we arrived. I would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Surprise FavoriteLimeDined on 10/17/2014So - Yes - dinner at Morton's. You know you are going to get the very best steak - hands down. But, Broccoli? No - we are not vegetarian. It was not a prior favorite. However, the broccoli we had at Morton's was by far the best I / we had ever had. For a restaurant that is known for its steak to prepare such a surberb vegetable dish - says it all. Pride & excellence in all that is served. And the Cheesecake- oh my the cheesecake.!!! The BEST ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak average-everything else good!SteveVIPDined on 9/27/2014First time back at Mortons in a long time...overall was a good experience and the service was very good. The salad, sides, and dessert were excellent, but was really disapointed in the steak. I had the NY Strip (priced at $59) and it was pretty much an average cut of beef...it was thin and wide and did not seem like a "prime" cut steak. I have frankly had better steaks from the grocery store. Not sure if it was a one time deal, but when spending that type of money - I want it to be something I don't buy for myself at home!Special Features:
- Above and beyondgwg01Dined on 9/24/2014I took a group of customers to this location and was blown away at the level of service and the excellent food. Everyone's steak was cooked to perfection and was fork tender. The wait staff was over the top and was there for every need and more.Special Features:
- excellentVisitingUNCDined on 9/21/2014My son and I love the food! He ate the entire 24oz porterhouse! The steaks are seasoned and cooked to perfection! The wine list is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FordFordDined on 9/21/2014Steaks were average and well overpriced Appetizers were fair Would not eat here again For the money there are many more resturants nearby with better steaksSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationHeirloomDined on 9/20/2014My best friend and I went for my birthday. They presented me with a personalized menu as a keepsake. The food and the service was fabulous. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We were treated very well with special touches because it was our anniversary dinner. I appreciate the picture and special menu.Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014As a huge Panther fan, I travel to Charlotte from the Outer Banks of NC. I have eaten at Morton's on many occasions and have always had a terrific meal, great service and a good time. It's hard to beat a fillet and lobster and nobody does it better than Morton's. I highly recommend them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Delicious food, terrific waitstaff, ate at a different Morton's last year for my birthday, this time in Charlotte!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food fine. Ambiance ok. Service questionable. Manager approached every table but ours. Husband 's birthday disregarded yet table across got candle and picture. Do not like no price menu. Will not return.
- CelebrateFeelslikehomeDined on 9/13/2014Food is wonderful especially the steaks. Plentiful sides and impeccable service. Very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as Expected !MacirishDined on 9/13/2014Morton's is fitst class in every way.....from greeting upon arrival to departure with their complimentery valet parking. We took advantage of their Summer Special and were auite pleased. Great Salads and perfectly cooked steaks of the highest quality ! You can't go wrong with Morton'sSpecial Features:
- Always an exceptional standard!realtimereviewerDined on 9/13/2014Amazing food and service as we have grown to expect from Morton's. Great to have consistency in the food preparation time and time again. There are lots of options in fine dining but Morton's is a wonderful staple and we never hesitate in choosing to dine here. I must say that I have been to 4 other locations and they are all exceptional so it is always good to have a restaurant of this caliber in your city.Special Features:
- Gone downhillNCState1988Dined on 9/12/2014Morton's used to be a good restaurant with great food. The past three or four times we have visited, our steaks have not been cooked properly and on one occasion the scallops were burnt, and served "turned over" so that the burnt side was hidden. This last visit, steaks were over cooked. This is an expensive restaurant and you would expect that steaks would be prepared properly and as ordered. It is a steak house restaurant by the way. That should be the one thing that you would think would be right.
- Excellent for a special occasionConcordDined on 9/3/2014Service was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection. Great wine choices. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did our anniversary right!dccshazamDined on 9/1/2014Wasn't expecting such a wonderful experience. Photo of us in a nice frame to remember the night. Custom menu with our names and anniversary on it. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribIandcabDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding service is what seperates Morton's from other high end steak houses. After 3 mediocre experiences at Del Frisco's, I switched to Morton's and have never looked back. Steaks were perfectly prepared. Wine list is extraordinary. This is the place for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outingHkimDined on 8/30/2014Food was fantastic, service was great. Everyone enjoyed their meal but our server was def a smoker and had to stop another server to ask what the wine feature of the night was. Everytime he came around, we cringed from the cigarette smell still leftover from his cloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Have eaten here several times. Was a little disappointed in the food this time - the fillet was a little stringy, and the 2 pound lobster was definitely over cooked. But the service was excellent, and the balance of the food - asparagus and lemon soufflé were outstanding.Special Features:
- Lobster night!We3go4funDined on 8/22/2014Took a group of friends and family for August Lobster night! Lobsters huge and our favorite waitperson, Tara, super as usual! Love Morton's quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WILL NOT BE BACKKEETDined on 8/15/2014I could not believe the amount of time that it took for us to order. There were several open tables, both upstairs and down, so I could not understand why it was close to an hour before our order was taken. Once our food arrived, I had to send the $50 Lamb Chops back 3 times. When you pay this much to dine, you would think that the service would match. NOT even close. I will say the table beside mine seemed to have their food flowing to them with a different waiter. VERY poor service. This was my first dining experience at the Charlotte Morton's, and it will be a lasting one. I will not pay money to dine here again, unless proven otherwise to come back!!Special Features:
- skeyDined on 8/15/2014To sum it up in one word excellence! The food and service was outstanding! Staff did a wonderful job making our occasion special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to GoGoing2MortonsDined on 8/10/2014From the time we drove up to the time we left the service was excellent. The maître d' ensured we were settled in a great seat and took the time to ask why we were joining. He complimented us on our 7 year anniversary and ensured that our waitress knew as well. She was exceptional and offered us great suggestions on our food selection. They topped the evening with a complimentary desert for our anniversary. This was a great place to dine for such a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fine dining in CharlotteTravelagentTVIPDined on 8/8/2014For years Morton's has provided quality fine dining along with an atmosphere that is above elegant. Wine selection is extensive and provides something for everyone. The Soufflés are delicious!Special Features:
- Great foot with excellent serviceMonkeyManDined on 8/1/2014As a veteran of Morton's from other cities (San Francisco, San Jose) my first trip to Morton's in Charlotte didn't disappoint. Outstanding steaks bring you to Morton's, the impeccable professional staff makes you come back. A two sentence note about our guests having an anniversary in the reservation created a fabulous experience for our dinner guests. Everyone addressed them by name from the front door till the end of the night, menu's were personalized, the food was excellent, and the night was capped off with a nice photo for them to take home. The staff made the night memorable for them just as I knew they would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DrFritzDined on 7/28/2014Went for our anniversary. Could NOT have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 947 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Son's 21st birthday dinnerjap1958Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Morton's for our son's 21st birthday dinner. The service was fine. We checked other reviews that said the service was bad and the food was cold. We almost didn't go, but decided to go anyway. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okHastodineDined on 7/26/2014While the name signifies excellence and the service was just that, the steak was ho-hum. Service is excellent and the bread was GREAT but the drinks are pricey ($14.), my steak was overcooked and no real flavor one way or the other. I wouldn't recommend a return visit when there are so many other great steakhouses in the area that are more moderately priced and tasty. Sorry to say.
- DisappointingsteakloverDined on 7/26/2014This was our first dining experience at Morton uptown for Queens Feast. The food quality and portions were very disappointing. The filet mignon was average at best. My wife's french omion soup was served in a tiny cup. The cheescake was a sliver, not a slice. Not what I expected at all - would not recommend.