Morton's The Steakhouse - Carew Tower
441 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Carew Tower
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 5136213111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Bar 12-21 opens daily at 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Entertainment: Enjoy specially priced bar bites during Morton's "Power Hour" Monday - Friday from 5pm - 6:30pm and 9:pm - Close.
- Special Events: Morton's in Cincinnati (Carew Tower) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/cincinnati
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Carew Tower
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Carew Tower - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Carew Tower reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (76)notable wine list (61)scenic view (59)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (29)hot spot (13)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- great food at morton's restauranttirani2Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service, the front desk personnel was very flexible, we're late for our reservation,the restaurant was able to accommodate us, great service , the waiter and his management team were customer satisfaction focused, I was happy with quality of food and services I received at Morton's restaurant. Price w as reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Lived up to it's reputation!! Great food, great service. Had a wonderful night out to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestkyhoosier29Dined on 8/23/2014Morton's was defintely one of the best high-end reaturants we've ever been to. I would certainly suggest it for special occasions only because it is no doubt pricey. If I was "looking'' for something to complain about, we were not a big fan of partner waitering. We had two people waiting on our table, and I think it tends to be less personal and more confusing. On a couple occassions, we had to relay the same information to both of them. But regardless, they were both very nice and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly Prepared SteakmarciDined on 8/22/2014Fabulous New York Strip steak and great ambience. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. We will be back!Special Features:
- Best Birthday dining ever!number1foodyDined on 8/17/2014From the moment we walked in the perfection was overwhelming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceBthangDined on 8/17/2014The experience that I had at Morton was good. The server was wondering, he was very quick with getting our order and food. Though I had a good experience, I wish the food was a bit better. I felt that it was just average.Special Features:
- Excellentluv2dineoutDined on 8/17/2014Morton's was excellent. Been wanting to go there for years, finally went for restaurant week and will definitely go back!! The atmosphere, service and food was excellent. The filet was cooked perfectly, very good.Special Features:
- walunitDined on 8/17/2014Very nice! Great service and the food was amazing! Classy, nice place for special occasion.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceFoodieGirlDined on 8/17/2014The food was wonderful but Tim our server really made the evening. He was engaging, professional, and awesome with my 9 year old daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb!PoteezyDined on 8/16/2014Everything was fine except for the fact I had to ask for a saucer, I'm assuming they took one too many away. Not a big deal, but the waiter had no idea what a saucer was!?!?! After I advised it was a small plate, he returned rather quickly with one that was dirty...I'm guessing he took it off the table behind me. I immediately requested another one, he apologized and everything else went smoothly. The food was delicious and I highly recommend dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week.GrifDined on 8/16/2014Went to Morton's for restaurant week, $35/person. We were pleasantly surprised with our dinners. I ordered the salmon. It was delicious and came with a very tasty vegetable relish. My husband had the pork chop and loved it. The portions were huge and the service was outstanding. We had planned on ordering the filet but changed our minds the last minute. Ceasar salad was excellent and the horseradish mashed potatoes were wonderful. We will return to Morton's but not for their steaks. Other choices on the menu are worth trying.Special Features:
- Exceptional as alwayspixelmanDined on 8/16/2014The food is amazing but the staff is right on par with the food. They are the most attentive to every detail that you could ever imagine. We have been to this Mortons several times and it is always a treat. Never disappointed!Special Features:
- Just OkBoBoDined on 8/16/2014The food was good the service was a slow not what you would expect for a restaurant of this caliber. We went on restaurant week glad we did not have to pay full price for our meal. I would go to several other restaurants downtown before returning to Morton's.Special Features:
- Waiter ServiceReddbeauty513Dined on 8/15/2014My original waiter Thomas was not friendly or attentive. We had to ask for water, bread, and menues. I expressed my disappointment to the manager, and we got a new waiter Dominick who was great. The food was wonderful, cooked the way we ordered. Hats off to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left something to be desiredmelbsDined on 8/15/2014Went here for restaurant week. Service was good, and food came quickly. Ambiance was nice. It was loud, but not too loud. Spinach salad with bacon dressing was okay, and my chicken was delicious, but my boyfriends porkchop was overcooked and dry. He doesn't like to complain so he didn't send it back. The key lime pie at the end was nothing special.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Morton's was a wonderful experience for our 15th anniversary! Food was amazing, service was a excellent, very attentive staff. We felt welcome as soon as we walked in the door. Will be our anniversary spot from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingschtupulaDined on 8/14/2014We went for Restaurant Week because it is so affordable, but we have been at Morton's several times. Always a stellar experience. The staff is so welcoming, and seem so happy to have you there. The food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!MuahDined on 8/14/2014Morton's has to be one of the best restaurants in downtown Cincinnati. My husband and I enjoyed a nice, peaceful dinner last weekend and it was wonderful! The top-notch customer service, paired with the most delicious food made for a nice romantic evening.Special Features:
- SylviaDined on 8/13/2014Dining at Mortons should be on everyone's bucket list. The ambience, service and especially the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I'm sorry I waited all these years to try MORTON'S! The prices scared me, but it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekBottleOfRedVIPDined on 8/13/2014Came with a large group from work for restaurant week and we all really enjoyed our dinner. We loved the private dining room as the main dining area was fairly loud. The restaurant week menu was a great value!I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 8/12/2014We went to Morton's for Cincinnati's Restaurant Week. We received great value for the price and quantity/quality of the food we received.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Big disappointment was two of our three steaks were not prepared correctly (cooked medium well vs. requested medium and medium rare). We elected to eat them due to time constraints. In fairness to management, we brought this to their attention and requested no adjustment to our bill but they did comp our desserts anyway which was a satisfactory response in my opinion. Maybe I am too tough, but this is a high end steak house; the prep of steaks should be flawless for the cost of dining at an establishment of this caliber. Our server Tom was exceptional.
- Service was disappointing.BooService1Dined on 8/11/2014Service was below average. Not an equal level of service to the amount of my bill. Food was amazing. If you have 45 mins to burn in between times you see your server, eat here because it's great food. Otherwise, go across the street. The server will care and the food is comparable quality while reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful eveningmaudeequalityDined on 8/11/2014We could not have asked for a better evening. Tony was a great server. He made wonderful recommendations and was very attentive to us. The manager also came over to check and chatted with us. Very nice. Their house cocktail is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTommyFDined on 8/9/2014We love eating at Morton's. The food is always delicious and the service impeccableSpecial Features:
- The HOME TEAM wins again!drmmVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were celebrating our son's 50th Birthday and his wife's ..th birthday. Three of us had the spring special, two with each Filet Mignon done perfectly at rare plus. One had grilled salmon which was one of the best she ever had. Our son had the fall special; he was delighted with his Filet medium rare and the huge grilled shrimp. Two had Caesar salads and I compliment the chef who prepared the dressing the classical way with the anchovies tasted but not seen. My tomato with mozzarella, basil, and balsamic was a "home run." Spinach salad sans onion would have delighted Popeye himself. Service by Jon was perfect; he is a true pro, is there when you need him, replaces silverware which in other restaurants is a disappearing art. Not here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not awful but not greatJJG1Dined on 8/5/2014First visit to the Cincinnati Morton's, picked the summer $40 for three courses special. Service was great, staff was attentive, restaurant ambiance pleasing, clean and noise level appropriate. The food however was not what I expect from Morton's. The Morton's salad was very bland with the blue cheese dressing having little flavor. The 6 oz filet tasted heavily of tenderizer and the mashed potatoes had a consistency like they came from a box. On the plus side, the green beans were very tasty and the individual soufflé (lemon) was terrific. On balance I was disappointed, the salad, steak and potatoes were what I'd expect from an Applebees, not Morton's. Nothing was awful, just not good.
- Mortonseagle147Dined on 8/2/2014Drinks Appetizers and Desserts were 5 star. Salads, Shrimp Cocktail, Choc Mousse and Creme Brulee were superb. Steaks were not Morton's quality. I eat at the Great Neck Morton's all the time. My filet mignon had gristle and fat (??) my friend's Porterhouse was tough, except for the filet part, and my other friend's Ribeye was tasty, but tough.Special Features:
- ExcellenttrophywifeDined on 8/1/2014Great food, excellent service. We had a private event, that clients raved about! Helps our business, Thanks to Julie and her staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakbetzDined on 7/28/2014The food was excellent, as expected. The service left a little to be desired. We frequent fine dining steakhouses and the experience wasn't what we expected. However, it was still worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We went for an early dinner for our anniversary. Since it was not crowded we were surprised that the whole process took so long. The food was great, the décor was striking, and our server was very friendly and attentive. We liked being able to see fountain square from our table. They took a picture of us and enclosed it in a signed card by the staff to acknowledge our anniversary....nice touch!Special Features:
- birthday dinner2bullittDined on 7/8/2014superb service. a little pricey, our wait staff was on top of it. the steak wasn't as remembered it. mine was ordered rare, but was a little raw. not send back, but not great. my friend enjoyed her dinner. It was my friends birthday, and the staff was on top of that, however the "on the house desert" souffle kinda sucked.Special Features:
- yum!!!!chrissysnowDined on 7/6/2014Everything was perfect. Service was great. Food was amazing. I have never been to this location and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at Morton's Cincyluv2dine8Dined on 7/5/2014It was my friends first time at a Morton's and it was very nice, but we made reservations at 8 pm and didn't get seated for 20 minutes even though the hostess said they simply needed to clean a table. We had a poor server. She barely had a voice so it was hard to hear her. My friend couldn't hear her at all. I had to pay very close attention to her mouth and read her lips most of the time. When I asked for the anniversary menus, which ultimately happened to be literally behind where we were seated, it took over 10 minutes for her to get them. She forgot until she came back to our table and realized it. I also ordered a Coca Cola when we sat down and didn't get it until much later, when I asked for it again.Special Features:
- foodforfunDined on 7/3/2014We went there for our 15th wedding anniversary. Our waiter asked when greeting us if we were celebrating anything special. After telling her the reason we were there we received two paper menu's to take home with "Happy 15th anniversary" written on the top. They also took our picture and printed it and placed in a small frame which the staff had signed. Last they made us a souffle on the house. The food was excellent with the exception of the Lobster Bisque being ok and bland. My husband had the porter house steak which was seasoned and cooked perfectly. I had the stuffed jumbo shrimp which was also very good. Overall I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion, but it is very pricy so I would not eat there oftenSpecial Features:
- Perfect dining experiencejujumamaDined on 7/1/2014Absolutely wonderful evening for our party of five. Amazingly attentive, cordial and outstanding service. Food was prepared exactly to our specifications and delicious! One of the best dining experiences ever.Special Features:
- Group outingRossgirlDined on 6/28/2014They easily accommodated our party of seven. We had a great meal and were able to linger without feeling pressured to move on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Morton'sGreatyummsDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, excellent service. We come here every year for anniversaries and special occasions.Special Features:
- Table Decoration Was NiceessexofwessexDined on 6/27/2014Great Place for Steaks !!! Other Stuff, ... Not so Much. Shoestring Parmesan Fries - Outstanding!!! Service on a full Friday night, ... don't have plans for anything else. They try hard but seem understaffed. NEW YORK PRICES, too. We arrived at 8, were released at 10:20. And we only had a drink, salads, mains, no coffee, and three desserts, (the seasonal 'crisp' did use FRESH peaches but lacked 'crisp' wasn't crisp and dint come together) the cheesecake, order, but ... what took so long? If you stick with steak, get lucky for service, end with that cheesecake, and are insulated to the check, this can be an AWESOME place. It was a good night but bein' honest wid-ja, be advised, I've had better nights at this and other Morton's.Special Features: