Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
7400 Wisconsin Avenue
One Bethesda Metro Center
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3016572650x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Sunday - Thursday 4:45pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:45pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Bethesda hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/bethesda
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (33)notable wine list (28)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always reliable; always attentivePVMDCDined on 10/18/2014Morton's pays a lot of attention to detail. You make a reservation there and they call to find out if there's a special occasion. If there is one, they personalize the menus for you. I've been going there for my birthday for several years. They also take a photo of your group and make a little card with the photo for you to take home. There's nothing that needs to be said about the food. It's always good. Last time we had the mushroom, which was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reason to Celebrate!EuvitesVIPDined on 10/12/2014I dined here alone on my birthday (since hubby had to go out of town on business), and was treated like royalty! After seating me, the hostess offered me a complimentary cocktail, and my excellent waitress, Mary, was warm and friendly, and offered me a complimentary dessert (my choice: key lime pie) When it was delivered with a traditional candle, another member of the staff took my photo and presented me it to me along with a souvenir menu. Wedge salad, crabcakes and pie were deliciously indulgent. Thank you, Morton's!Special Features:
- OverpricedDined on 10/4/2014Some good appetizers, mediocre steak that was overcooked; way overpriced for quality of food
- Service not up to expectationsFoodie13Dined on 10/3/2014We've dined at various Morton's & always had fabulous service. Maybe our waiter was having an off day, but the restaurant was not busy - 5:30PM, except at the bar, which was noisier than I recall at any Mortons, and the noise carried into the entire dining room. The waiter was friendly & attentive but forgot to order Lyonnaise Potatoes, and when asked, told us it would take 10-12 minutes, by which time we'd have been done eating. He also replaced a glass of house wine that I didn like, with a wine I enjoyed, but he told us it was only $2-3 more, and it was $7 more! For $18 I could have bought a bottle & drank it at home! It was my birthday & I would still go to Mortons for a special occasion, but probably not this location.Special Features:
- RiseDined on 10/1/2014The food was outstanding (particularly the veal chop) and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great dinnerNikoDined on 9/26/2014Special anniversary dinner, customized menu and free dessert!Special Features:
- Birthday BrillanceWRDuVIPDined on 9/23/2014We arrived by Limo to Morton's for a birthday celebration. From the moment we walked in everyone was very attentive. Our waitress went over items on the menu, suggested some and gave us each a copy of the menu rolled with a ribbon to take with us. The manager stopped by the table and they took a complimentary Birthday photo of our table. It was perfect. The Chocolate lava cake for dessert was decadent!Special Features:
- Morton's Dinnerluv2dine9870Dined on 9/22/2014The food is excellent, service is superb and the environment is very Executive level. Great for business meetings and or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant for special occasionsBarbDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have gone to Morton's every year for our anniversary for many years. The staff treats us very well and everyone says "Happy Anniversary"; you receive a personalized menu and a photo of your experience to take home. If you order dessert you get a candle in it and the staff attempts to sing. They won't quit their day jobs to become professional singers, though! If you haven't tried Morton's yet, you should.Special Features:
- Hubby's birthday was fantasticaudrachanellDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful evening courtesy of Morton's Bethesda. Outside of the great food, they personalized our menu's and snapped a photo of us adn put it in a Morton's frame for his birthday! Great job and good eats :)Special Features:
- ExcellentLuv2dineDined on 9/11/2014This was our first visit and we were very pleased with the food and service. We highly recommend this restaurant. The staff was so nice. The manager went out of his way to make our 8 year anniversary memorable. Great steak and seafood spot.Special Features:
- 4 Stars4StarsDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent! I would have given it 5 stars but I asked for my salmon medium-well and received it well done. I was too hungry to send it back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a memorable occasion!JAG7VIPDined on 9/8/2014As our son headed off to college, we wanted to celebrate the occasion with a special dinner out at the restaurant of his choice. The menu is extensive, featuring varied options which offer something for every palate and always generous, delicious & beautifully presented. Aside from easy parking, we particularly enjoy the staff - from the greeting when you arrive, to Todd (General Manager) interacting with patrons, to Antonio (server) who warmly remembered us and was so attentive, to the personalized menu and souvenir framed photo given as a keepsake of the evening. We are so pleased to have Morton's in our community. Thanks to the entire staff at Morton's yet another memorable meal; we look forward to returning soon on a future occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lacking the old magicSG2014VIPDined on 9/5/2014We decided to go to Morton's in Bethesda on Friday night. It was not crowded. We were greeted by the waiter using our last name which is a nice touch. I ordered a shrimp cocktail and it was expensive, but good. One of the other people got lobster bisque and it was flat and tasteless. Two in our party got steaks and they were cooked correctly and a good piece of meat. However, they were tasteless. I got the Chicken Christopher and the sauce was flat. We sent back the Lyonnaise potatoes as cold and over cooked. I enjoy dining, but the service for a non busy night was super poor. We used to go to Morton's on a regular basis and stopped going because the quality went down and the price went up. No longer the place to take and impress clients.Special Features:
- Bday celebrationnew4meDined on 9/4/2014I was there to celebrate my son's 14th bday, and the staff was wonderful. The even took a picture of us and framed it for us to take. We had a great time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow and food avgBarbiegirlDined on 8/30/2014The service was very slow. The filet mignons were dry and not flavorful. The soufflé was undercooked. The tuna tower appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Consistently goodKneesDined on 8/29/2014Because of travel plans of guest, needed to change reservation time twice, and Morton's couldn't have been more accommodating. Food was just as ordered, and the horseradish mashed potatoes were amazing. Service was spot on!Special Features:
- SalLyDined on 8/27/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Great service and great food!Special Features:
- As good as ever ...KT88VIPDined on 8/23/2014We've been to this Morton's location several times over the years. Longish drive from home, but good central spot for us and family. The steaks and sides are as good as they were 7 years ago when we hosted a wedding rehearsal dinner here. Wish they still had Prime Rib, but otherwise the offerings are worth of the Morton's name.Special Features:
- NomieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Much improved since Landry's got the message that messing with the menu and quality was not going to work if they wanted to continue to draw those patrons who were loyal to the Morton's brand. We have noticed a gradual improvement to the consistency and higher quality product we enjoy. Hope they keep it up. Service as always, is great.Special Features:
- Excellent Service & Fun Family TimeMaaryDined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely time at recent Lobster Special. We came early with family for dinner with child and were nicely seated in a back area where we had a great dinner and could enjoy our time together without worrying that we were disturbing other diners. Everything was great! Esp the lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAcupenDined on 8/16/2014Great place to eat. Specials are of great value. Service is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAWGVIPDined on 8/14/2014Waited 15mins for waiter to greet us after we set down, at least 15mins for special menu, attitude not that good, at last forgot my coffee after desert was serve..long enough the dessert was last bite. I have been dine with Morton many times, this is worst. Usually Morton's services were good, and meet expectation, unfortunately not this time.Special Features:
- email@example.comBeesDined on 8/12/2014Everything was wonderful except my steak. I ordered medium and got well done which was dry. I did not send it back because I hate to waste food especially with so many in need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent food, service, experience. Our waiter was excellent as well as all of the other staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy GirlfriendJillyGraceDined on 8/10/2014Went for my 6 year anniversary and it was awesome! I had been here before but never for an occasion. Morton's really goes all out to make you feel special. Between the complimentary picture AND the complimentary dessert, my boyfriend and I we're very pleased. Definitely worth the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food bad servicegoodeaterDined on 8/10/2014overall the food was very good. waiter dropped about 6 glasses on the floor and got water all over the place including my clothes and bag. manager saw this incident but turned around and ignored the situation. Love Mortons but will not go back to the one in Bethesda because of poor service. This was a special occasion but I have received better service at TGIF.Special Features:
- Nice birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I brought my Sister to enjoy my birthday credit from the Landry Group here and of course we ended up spending more money than I really wanted to and I did enjoy the personalized menu and pictures which I still have but I did not think the food was soo delicious and could have done without my Sister flirting with the butter guy.Special Features:
- sdatacmDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Great atmosphere for a date, celebration or special event. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Quality!ericoa1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service. Our servers were really nice and gave us a lot of attention. A great menu (exactly what you would expect of a high end steakhouse). Steak and seafood was cooked perfectly. A little dark... only a problem when reading the menu though :)Special Features:
- Excellent as usualWintermuteDined on 8/2/2014We went for a small family celebration and as always, the food was first class, the service was excellent, and that night it was a bit less crowded than usual so the noise level was merely moderate. Definitely one of our favorite treats!Special Features:
- Went for the SpecialDineOut2MuchVIPDined on 8/2/2014We love Morton's and went for a special menu. The sides desserts and service were outstanding. The 6oz filets were not the quality we have come to expect from Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAnniversaryDined on 7/31/2014The service and food was amazing. I took my wife here for our anniversary and everything was perfect. We will definitely be returning again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014Every visit is great all the time. The quality and consistency is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014We went the Morton's to celebrate a special occasion. Our party enjoyed the steaks and the decor, but felt that it was way overpriced considering the whole dinning experience. The service was acceptable, but honestly, not comparable with other upscale restaurants we have enjoyed and except for the steak knife, the tableware was surprisingly cheap-looking for this type of restaurant. May be this explains why the restaurant was nearly empty on a weeknight. We might try Morton's next time we are in Chicago, but sorry, we will not come back to this one.
- Almost greatlunchtimeDined on 7/8/2014Service started out great but our special occasion soufflé went flat and so was the rest of the service. Oh, and the souffle as not delivered. We had to inquire on its status and after checking on it for quite awhile asked for the check and left. A shame - good appetizer and dinner and sides but forgot about us on the dessert. By the way - do not take our drinks away without asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014When you want to feel special and romantic, Mortons comes through. Can;t beat the steak, mashed potatoes or the Key Lime pie. StellarSpecial Features:
- The best steak in town.PaulDined on 7/5/2014Morton's is sometimes overlooked, but it has the best steaks in town. I have been going there for forty years, ever since I discovered it in Chicago, and contrary to the tendency of good restaurants to rest on their laurels, Morton's has just gotten better through the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Hotel location in center of Bethesda--never fails to have exceptional service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Service was very good. Food was disappointing. Tuna tower appetizer was excellent but the entree was not. Ordered the mixed grill entree, which includes 6oz. filet, 3 shrimp and 2 bacon wrapped scallops. Two of the shrimp were not cleaned properly which was very disappointing.Special Features: