Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
7400 Wisconsin Avenue
One Bethesda Metro Center
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (301) 657-2650
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Sunday - Thursday 4:45pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:45pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Bethesda hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/bethesda
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (31)good for groups (29)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Almost all goodSandraDined on 11/22/2014Loved the french fries and the bread. One person was very satisfied with the filet and crab special, another was happy with her steak and I was pleased with my ahi tuna appetizer and the hot chocolate cake. One of us was very unhappy with his steak and returned it. Apparently it was tough and flavorless. So maybe the quality of the meat is not predictable. You save a bit if you ask for the special, and one can be found on their web site but is not mentioned by the waiter. All in all, not a bad deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DraganDined on 11/18/2014Meat quality could be better. Servece was fine. On noise side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- joandinesVIPDined on 11/14/2014If you're in to red meat & huge portions this is the place to go. One of my dining companions ordered a steak medium rare. It appeared to be prepared perfectly. He ate every bite! The menu does list calories for all items which did affect my selections. I had fish with the sauce on the side. The fish was also perfectly prepared, and I ended up eating most of the sauce as well. So much for calorie conservation! Our waiter, who was terrific, asked us to select dessert at the time we ordered our entrees because a number of the desserts take 35 minutes to prepare. The dessert my husband & I both ordered was worth every calorie. It wasn't on the menu so I don't know how many calories it was--I'd guess at least one full day's worth if not two.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Morton's knows how to make a birthday celebration memorable -- balloons, complimnetary dessert, and even a specially printed menu that makes a great souvenir. The staff was attentive without being intrusive and accommodated our two-year old grandson's food needs so that his mom could really enjoy her birthday. It was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occassion RestaurantYankeeTerpsDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful food (especially the filet). Great atmosphere. Outstanding service. Morton's is not an inexpensive steak house, but you get what you pay for. And there's not many better upscale joints than this landmark. On that special birthday or anniversary, splurge at Morton's. They will make you feel full and fulfilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our server Pooch was wonderful. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, and they gave him a complimentary souffle and it was perfect. The meal overall was very delicious, and I had come to use a gift card I had gotten about a year ago. The main entree itself will not fill you. We finished off the bread they give in the beginning (it was so warm and tasty, we didn't want to waste it!), and ordered the short rib tacos. Very flavorful, but messy (bf really likes tacos). Got the lobster bisque and I didn't like it too much since it was bitter. For main dishes, we got the crab cakes and filet mignon, both of which didn't disappoint. Also ordered onion rings but didn't finish them. Very expensive, so it will probably be a while until we returnSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The staff is always very attentive and the service is outstanding as well! The food service is always great, but the people service stands out to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aandsqVIPDined on 10/31/2014Salmon was overcooked; potatos had been cooked much earlier in the dayI would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining ExperienceWNT1Dined on 10/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Morton's. We were given special menus with Anniversary and the date printed at the top. The filets, lobster, sweet corn, potatoes, and dessert were all delicious. It was a wonderful, relaxed dining experience, and we have a nice photograph taken by Morton's to help us remember it. Our server, Joe, deserves a special shout-out for great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever!happy52Dined on 10/29/2014We got a huge porterhouse steak to share and it was perfect! Menu said it was for 2, but we had 3 and couldn't finish it!Special Features:
- Do yourself a favorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Went there for my fiancés birthday. Great meal, great service and great atmosphere. Can't say enough about how enjoyable the staff there made our night.Special Features:
- Tried and truethumbsupDined on 10/27/2014I love Morton's. I have never had finer beef anywhere. On this particular occasion, the lighting was so dim it was difficult to read the menu and our server was terrific until she left the check and didn't return to collect it. We eventually flagged down another server to take our payment. I prefer the decor of the Georgetown Morton's to that of the Bethesda location, but he food is always 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceAveryDined on 10/25/2014We had the opportunity to dine at Morton's Steakhouse in Bethesda recently and the experience was exceptional. The service was outstanding and the steaks were a good blend of subtle and bold flavors that were quite memorable. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Always reliable; always attentivePVMDCDined on 10/18/2014Morton's pays a lot of attention to detail. You make a reservation there and they call to find out if there's a special occasion. If there is one, they personalize the menus for you. I've been going there for my birthday for several years. They also take a photo of your group and make a little card with the photo for you to take home. There's nothing that needs to be said about the food. It's always good. Last time we had the mushroom, which was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reason to Celebrate!EuvitesVIPDined on 10/12/2014I dined here alone on my birthday (since hubby had to go out of town on business), and was treated like royalty! After seating me, the hostess offered me a complimentary cocktail, and my excellent waitress, Mary, was warm and friendly, and offered me a complimentary dessert (my choice: key lime pie) When it was delivered with a traditional candle, another member of the staff took my photo and presented me it to me along with a souvenir menu. Wedge salad, crabcakes and pie were deliciously indulgent. Thank you, Morton's!Special Features:
- OverpricedDined on 10/4/2014Some good appetizers, mediocre steak that was overcooked; way overpriced for quality of food
- Service not up to expectationsFoodie13Dined on 10/3/2014We've dined at various Morton's & always had fabulous service. Maybe our waiter was having an off day, but the restaurant was not busy - 5:30PM, except at the bar, which was noisier than I recall at any Mortons, and the noise carried into the entire dining room. The waiter was friendly & attentive but forgot to order Lyonnaise Potatoes, and when asked, told us it would take 10-12 minutes, by which time we'd have been done eating. He also replaced a glass of house wine that I didn like, with a wine I enjoyed, but he told us it was only $2-3 more, and it was $7 more! For $18 I could have bought a bottle & drank it at home! It was my birthday & I would still go to Mortons for a special occasion, but probably not this location.Special Features:
- RiseDined on 10/1/2014The food was outstanding (particularly the veal chop) and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great dinnerNikoDined on 9/26/2014Special anniversary dinner, customized menu and free dessert!Special Features:
- Birthday BrillanceWRDuVIPDined on 9/23/2014We arrived by Limo to Morton's for a birthday celebration. From the moment we walked in everyone was very attentive. Our waitress went over items on the menu, suggested some and gave us each a copy of the menu rolled with a ribbon to take with us. The manager stopped by the table and they took a complimentary Birthday photo of our table. It was perfect. The Chocolate lava cake for dessert was decadent!Special Features:
- Morton's Dinnerluv2dine9870Dined on 9/22/2014The food is excellent, service is superb and the environment is very Executive level. Great for business meetings and or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant for special occasionsBarbDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have gone to Morton's every year for our anniversary for many years. The staff treats us very well and everyone says "Happy Anniversary"; you receive a personalized menu and a photo of your experience to take home. If you order dessert you get a candle in it and the staff attempts to sing. They won't quit their day jobs to become professional singers, though! If you haven't tried Morton's yet, you should.Special Features:
- Hubby's birthday was fantasticaudrachanellDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful evening courtesy of Morton's Bethesda. Outside of the great food, they personalized our menu's and snapped a photo of us adn put it in a Morton's frame for his birthday! Great job and good eats :)Special Features:
- ExcellentLuv2dineDined on 9/11/2014This was our first visit and we were very pleased with the food and service. We highly recommend this restaurant. The staff was so nice. The manager went out of his way to make our 8 year anniversary memorable. Great steak and seafood spot.Special Features:
- 4 Stars4StarsDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent! I would have given it 5 stars but I asked for my salmon medium-well and received it well done. I was too hungry to send it back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a memorable occasion!JAG7VIPDined on 9/8/2014As our son headed off to college, we wanted to celebrate the occasion with a special dinner out at the restaurant of his choice. The menu is extensive, featuring varied options which offer something for every palate and always generous, delicious & beautifully presented. Aside from easy parking, we particularly enjoy the staff - from the greeting when you arrive, to Todd (General Manager) interacting with patrons, to Antonio (server) who warmly remembered us and was so attentive, to the personalized menu and souvenir framed photo given as a keepsake of the evening. We are so pleased to have Morton's in our community. Thanks to the entire staff at Morton's yet another memorable meal; we look forward to returning soon on a future occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lacking the old magicSG2014VIPDined on 9/5/2014We decided to go to Morton's in Bethesda on Friday night. It was not crowded. We were greeted by the waiter using our last name which is a nice touch. I ordered a shrimp cocktail and it was expensive, but good. One of the other people got lobster bisque and it was flat and tasteless. Two in our party got steaks and they were cooked correctly and a good piece of meat. However, they were tasteless. I got the Chicken Christopher and the sauce was flat. We sent back the Lyonnaise potatoes as cold and over cooked. I enjoy dining, but the service for a non busy night was super poor. We used to go to Morton's on a regular basis and stopped going because the quality went down and the price went up. No longer the place to take and impress clients.Special Features:
- Bday celebrationnew4meDined on 9/4/2014I was there to celebrate my son's 14th bday, and the staff was wonderful. The even took a picture of us and framed it for us to take. We had a great time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow and food avgBarbiegirlDined on 8/30/2014The service was very slow. The filet mignons were dry and not flavorful. The soufflé was undercooked. The tuna tower appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Consistently goodKneesDined on 8/29/2014Because of travel plans of guest, needed to change reservation time twice, and Morton's couldn't have been more accommodating. Food was just as ordered, and the horseradish mashed potatoes were amazing. Service was spot on!Special Features:
- SalLyDined on 8/27/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Great service and great food!Special Features:
- As good as ever ...KT88VIPDined on 8/23/2014We've been to this Morton's location several times over the years. Longish drive from home, but good central spot for us and family. The steaks and sides are as good as they were 7 years ago when we hosted a wedding rehearsal dinner here. Wish they still had Prime Rib, but otherwise the offerings are worth of the Morton's name.Special Features:
- NomieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Much improved since Landry's got the message that messing with the menu and quality was not going to work if they wanted to continue to draw those patrons who were loyal to the Morton's brand. We have noticed a gradual improvement to the consistency and higher quality product we enjoy. Hope they keep it up. Service as always, is great.Special Features:
- Excellent Service & Fun Family TimeMaaryDined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely time at recent Lobster Special. We came early with family for dinner with child and were nicely seated in a back area where we had a great dinner and could enjoy our time together without worrying that we were disturbing other diners. Everything was great! Esp the lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAcupenDined on 8/16/2014Great place to eat. Specials are of great value. Service is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAWGVIPDined on 8/14/2014Waited 15mins for waiter to greet us after we set down, at least 15mins for special menu, attitude not that good, at last forgot my coffee after desert was serve..long enough the dessert was last bite. I have been dine with Morton many times, this is worst. Usually Morton's services were good, and meet expectation, unfortunately not this time.Special Features:
- email@example.comBeesDined on 8/12/2014Everything was wonderful except my steak. I ordered medium and got well done which was dry. I did not send it back because I hate to waste food especially with so many in need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent food, service, experience. Our waiter was excellent as well as all of the other staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy GirlfriendJillyGraceDined on 8/10/2014Went for my 6 year anniversary and it was awesome! I had been here before but never for an occasion. Morton's really goes all out to make you feel special. Between the complimentary picture AND the complimentary dessert, my boyfriend and I we're very pleased. Definitely worth the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food bad servicegoodeaterDined on 8/10/2014overall the food was very good. waiter dropped about 6 glasses on the floor and got water all over the place including my clothes and bag. manager saw this incident but turned around and ignored the situation. Love Mortons but will not go back to the one in Bethesda because of poor service. This was a special occasion but I have received better service at TGIF.Special Features: