Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
7400 Wisconsin Avenue
One Bethesda Metro Center
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 3016572650x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Sunday - Thursday 4:45pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:45pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Bethesda hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/bethesda
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (39)notable wine list (32)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Hubby's birthday was fantasticaudrachanellDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful evening courtesy of Morton's Bethesda. Outside of the great food, they personalized our menu's and snapped a photo of us adn put it in a Morton's frame for his birthday! Great job and good eats :)Special Features:
- ExcellentLuv2dineDined on 9/11/2014This was our first visit and we were very pleased with the food and service. We highly recommend this restaurant. The staff was so nice. The manager went out of his way to make our 8 year anniversary memorable. Great steak and seafood spot.Special Features:
- 4 Stars4StarsDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent! I would have given it 5 stars but I asked for my salmon medium-well and received it well done. I was too hungry to send it back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a memorable occasion!JAG7VIPDined on 9/8/2014As our son headed off to college, we wanted to celebrate the occasion with a special dinner out at the restaurant of his choice. The menu is extensive, featuring varied options which offer something for every palate and always generous, delicious & beautifully presented. Aside from easy parking, we particularly enjoy the staff - from the greeting when you arrive, to Todd (General Manager) interacting with patrons, to Antonio (server) who warmly remembered us and was so attentive, to the personalized menu and souvenir framed photo given as a keepsake of the evening. We are so pleased to have Morton's in our community. Thanks to the entire staff at Morton's yet another memorable meal; we look forward to returning soon on a future occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lacking the old magicSG2014VIPDined on 9/5/2014We decided to go to Morton's in Bethesda on Friday night. It was not crowded. We were greeted by the waiter using our last name which is a nice touch. I ordered a shrimp cocktail and it was expensive, but good. One of the other people got lobster bisque and it was flat and tasteless. Two in our party got steaks and they were cooked correctly and a good piece of meat. However, they were tasteless. I got the Chicken Christopher and the sauce was flat. We sent back the Lyonnaise potatoes as cold and over cooked. I enjoy dining, but the service for a non busy night was super poor. We used to go to Morton's on a regular basis and stopped going because the quality went down and the price went up. No longer the place to take and impress clients.Special Features:
- Bday celebrationnew4meDined on 9/4/2014I was there to celebrate my son's 14th bday, and the staff was wonderful. The even took a picture of us and framed it for us to take. We had a great time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow and food avgBarbiegirlDined on 8/30/2014The service was very slow. The filet mignons were dry and not flavorful. The soufflé was undercooked. The tuna tower appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Consistently goodKneesDined on 8/29/2014Because of travel plans of guest, needed to change reservation time twice, and Morton's couldn't have been more accommodating. Food was just as ordered, and the horseradish mashed potatoes were amazing. Service was spot on!Special Features:
- SalLyDined on 8/27/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Great service and great food!Special Features:
- As good as ever ...KT88VIPDined on 8/23/2014We've been to this Morton's location several times over the years. Longish drive from home, but good central spot for us and family. The steaks and sides are as good as they were 7 years ago when we hosted a wedding rehearsal dinner here. Wish they still had Prime Rib, but otherwise the offerings are worth of the Morton's name.Special Features:
- NomieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Much improved since Landry's got the message that messing with the menu and quality was not going to work if they wanted to continue to draw those patrons who were loyal to the Morton's brand. We have noticed a gradual improvement to the consistency and higher quality product we enjoy. Hope they keep it up. Service as always, is great.Special Features:
- Excellent Service & Fun Family TimeMaaryDined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely time at recent Lobster Special. We came early with family for dinner with child and were nicely seated in a back area where we had a great dinner and could enjoy our time together without worrying that we were disturbing other diners. Everything was great! Esp the lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAcupenDined on 8/16/2014Great place to eat. Specials are of great value. Service is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAWGVIPDined on 8/14/2014Waited 15mins for waiter to greet us after we set down, at least 15mins for special menu, attitude not that good, at last forgot my coffee after desert was serve..long enough the dessert was last bite. I have been dine with Morton many times, this is worst. Usually Morton's services were good, and meet expectation, unfortunately not this time.Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgBeesDined on 8/12/2014Everything was wonderful except my steak. I ordered medium and got well done which was dry. I did not send it back because I hate to waste food especially with so many in need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent food, service, experience. Our waiter was excellent as well as all of the other staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy GirlfriendJillyGraceDined on 8/10/2014Went for my 6 year anniversary and it was awesome! I had been here before but never for an occasion. Morton's really goes all out to make you feel special. Between the complimentary picture AND the complimentary dessert, my boyfriend and I we're very pleased. Definitely worth the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food bad servicegoodeaterDined on 8/10/2014overall the food was very good. waiter dropped about 6 glasses on the floor and got water all over the place including my clothes and bag. manager saw this incident but turned around and ignored the situation. Love Mortons but will not go back to the one in Bethesda because of poor service. This was a special occasion but I have received better service at TGIF.Special Features:
- sdatacmDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Great atmosphere for a date, celebration or special event. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Quality!ericoa1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service. Our servers were really nice and gave us a lot of attention. A great menu (exactly what you would expect of a high end steakhouse). Steak and seafood was cooked perfectly. A little dark... only a problem when reading the menu though :)Special Features:
- Excellent as usualWintermuteDined on 8/2/2014We went for a small family celebration and as always, the food was first class, the service was excellent, and that night it was a bit less crowded than usual so the noise level was merely moderate. Definitely one of our favorite treats!Special Features:
- AmazingAnniversaryDined on 7/31/2014The service and food was amazing. I took my wife here for our anniversary and everything was perfect. We will definitely be returning again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014Every visit is great all the time. The quality and consistency is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014We went the Morton's to celebrate a special occasion. Our party enjoyed the steaks and the decor, but felt that it was way overpriced considering the whole dinning experience. The service was acceptable, but honestly, not comparable with other upscale restaurants we have enjoyed and except for the steak knife, the tableware was surprisingly cheap-looking for this type of restaurant. May be this explains why the restaurant was nearly empty on a weeknight. We might try Morton's next time we are in Chicago, but sorry, we will not come back to this one.
- Almost greatlunchtimeDined on 7/8/2014Service started out great but our special occasion soufflé went flat and so was the rest of the service. Oh, and the souffle as not delivered. We had to inquire on its status and after checking on it for quite awhile asked for the check and left. A shame - good appetizer and dinner and sides but forgot about us on the dessert. By the way - do not take our drinks away without asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014When you want to feel special and romantic, Mortons comes through. Can;t beat the steak, mashed potatoes or the Key Lime pie. StellarSpecial Features:
- The best steak in town.PaulDined on 7/5/2014Morton's is sometimes overlooked, but it has the best steaks in town. I have been going there for forty years, ever since I discovered it in Chicago, and contrary to the tendency of good restaurants to rest on their laurels, Morton's has just gotten better through the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Hotel location in center of Bethesda--never fails to have exceptional service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Service was very good. Food was disappointing. Tuna tower appetizer was excellent but the entree was not. Ordered the mixed grill entree, which includes 6oz. filet, 3 shrimp and 2 bacon wrapped scallops. Two of the shrimp were not cleaned properly which was very disappointing.Special Features:
- AbbyDined on 6/28/2014It was a great experience. My boyfriend and I enjoyed our dinner. The service was so helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster SpecialBrianJVIPDined on 6/27/2014We went to Morton's on Friday for the 2lb Lobster Special ($29.99) It was amazing and the presentation was wonderful. Great Job - I look forward to going for the 35th anniversary dinner as well. See you Soon !Special Features:
- Awesome!JerryKDined on 6/27/2014From Steve the bartender, to Boxton the server and Wes the wine guy...the service was outstanding! And the food was even better. It was the first time in a very long time that we went to a restaurant and everything was amazing. At $355 for 2 (including 2 drinks at the bar before hand, a bottle of wine at dinner and tip) it's not the kind of place we can afford to go often, but we will be back a couple times of year on special occasions. Highly recommended you save up and enjoy the experience at least once!Special Features:
- Lobster specialMJSsDined on 6/27/2014The lobster served was of poor quality. We sent it back the manager tried her best to rectify the situation.
- Delicious Food and Super ServicedcnmahDined on 6/24/2014Summer Celebration special - 4 course meal - had excellent choices and the food was prepared superbly. The staff was most pleasant and friendly.Special Features:
- YUMMY!MFreemanDined on 6/22/2014Our food was cooked perfectly and arrived a timely manner. What's not to love about Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Although the ambience was romantic and service was good, we were underwhelmed by the food. We were expecting a much tastier dining experience and was disappointed. The filet mignon was tender but bland and the side dishes (creamed spinach and lyonnaise potatoes) were just ok. We even threw out the leftover portions we had taken home.Special Features:
- Good place for special occassionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014For years, we have gone to this Morton's to celebrate our special occasions. The prices are steep, but the portions are large. My wife always brings home her leftovers. The prices on their side items are outrageous. One of our dinners was really tough, and after the manager even offered to replace it or allow me to order something different, I chose to keep what I had. But I will not order that item again. For downtown Bethesda, the cost of the valet parking ($10.00) is excessive and even more than their downtown Connecticut Avenue location. They will add the parking onto your check, but they bury it in the middle of the bill in hopes that you will tip the server on that item also, in addition to the car runner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaroldDined on 6/15/2014Excellent selection of food, thee is something for everyone on the menu. The service is what one expects from a 4/5 star restrauant. Our servier was knew the menu and his recommendatins were spot on, One could ask for no better food and service. I will admit I miss the live menu presentation over a paper menu. Noise level for us was a problem. The open seating room is not conducive to a quiet dinner and when seated next to a group of 6/7 people you cannot hear the person you are with. Overall, I highly recommend Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceFredandKathyDined on 6/14/2014I enjoyed the setting and the ambience. A very good dining experience. Excellent wait staff and service was unsurpassed. Compared to other comparable steak houses in the area (Ray's The Classic in Silver Spring) the steaks were a little less impressive. The wine list was superb.Special Features:
- Nice special mealGG55Dined on 6/13/2014Took our sons to celebrate our older son's graduation. Our waiter was wonderful and they staff was very attentive. Food was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.