Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
300 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 4105478255x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Baltimore hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit, www.mortons.com/baltimore.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (67)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great timesBrianDined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate wedding anniversary. Wife and I had a great dinner. Steak was perfect, mood was good, service is always legendary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place to eat!BmoreHonDined on 8/10/2014Morton's has to be my favorite restaurant by far. Service was very good and my meal was excellent. I had a petite filet that was cooked perfectly and tender.Key lime pie is my favorite desert and Morton's does it the best!Special Features:
- consistently wonderfulSarainglenwoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our waitress Christine was great... we've had her before and she's wonderful. The restaurant week menu was generous and well-varied, the staff is really professional and the meal was well paced. Morton's makes it look so easy and we always look forward to our visits here. Other restaurants participating in RW shoud insist their managers stop in here and see how it's supposed to be done! This is a great place to celebrate any time of year... We will return- often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good experienceFoodieDined on 8/9/2014The food was deliscous! We had a party of 4 and made reservations before hand. Staff was really friendly (from the valet to the hostess to the servers). Service was fast and great but slowed down a little bit towards the end of our meal. It took a while for our waitress(es) to get to us after dessert and to get us the check though. The cheesecake is amazing and pork chops were really tender. Their salad is also really fresh and the five onion soup was better than any other five onion soup i've ever had.Special Features:
- BrittVIPDined on 8/9/2014My only complaint is that I ordered my steak medium and my fiancé order his medium-rare, but mine came out medium-rare and his came out medium. We would have just switched steaks but I added a blue cheese crust to mine. Other than that, the food was great, but it was disappointing that our steaks were mixed up.Special Features:
- ACCT345ACCT345Dined on 8/9/2014We had not been to Morton's in Baltimore for quite sometime. The restaurant has a new contemporary look which is quite nice. The lighting was dim to make a romantic atomsphere. All in all the food was quite good and we had an enjoyable evening. The manager came over and greeted us twice. The waitress was excellent and very friendly. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- BellabeanDined on 8/9/2014Everything was excellent for restaurant week. Great service, great food. Had my birthday dinner there. They always take my picture on my birthday. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We went to Morton's for our 6th wedding anniversary. When I made the reservation I put in the comments that it was our anniversary. When we were presented our menu it was printed on there "happy 6th anniversary". The server was aware of our special occasion and really made the dinner special for us. Our waitress Christine was really knowledgable with everything on the menu and the food was out of this world. We will go back there again, and we will recommend it to all of our friends. Thank you for making our anniversary special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner!BaltimoreBeautyDined on 8/8/2014I reserved a table for 7 for my birthday dinner. It happened to fall perfectly during restaurant week. The restaurant was crowded but the service was still excellent. My friends and I really enjoyed the time spent in Mortons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMmeCDined on 8/8/2014A visit to Morton's is a special event. Even with the Restaurant Week deal, we paid over $100.00 for 2 (not including tip) because we also had wine and coffee. It was wonderful, and the evening with our daughter and son-in-law was special as we discussed the birth of their first child, but Morton's will always be for exceptional times -- memorable highlights in our life. We just can't afford it otherwise. However, it is an evening well worth that expense for a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Invited FriendsParhDined on 8/8/2014We have visited Morton's before & loved it. This time, we invited another couple to join us. our friends arrived after us.They were not escorted to our table/booth. They were directed to look for us themselves. we waited an additional 15 minutes to order because our waitress asked us if we were ready to order, we said yes, she then disappeared without taking the order. she seemed preoccupied most of the night. We had to track her down for drink refills and straws.Dishes were not cleared from our table for long periods of time & dessert took 25 minutes before we got.Not a night of what we have come to expect from previous visits. We had to apologize to our friends after we had told them how fabulous Morton's was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton'sRodneyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Still maintains it's standards, but restaurant week must have made them a little nervous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekrestaurantweekDined on 8/7/2014The food was very good, but the service was a bit slow, with too much time between apps, main course and dessert. We were there for two 1/2 hours. The menu for restaurant week was great as as far as selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!JYD1Dined on 8/7/2014Went during restaurant week...great service by Gary, good explanations of the food. Very tasy food...good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We were celebrating our 12 year old birthday and she absolutely LOVES steak. We decided to take her during restaurant week to a more upscale steak restaurant to celebrate her special day. Morton's provided a personalized menu that said Happy 12th Birthday, took a picture of us at our table and provided us with a complimentary copy before we left and offered a complimentary dessert for her day. The experience was more than we expected and the food was great. The staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Too high of expectationsBmorefoodieDined on 8/6/2014I walked on with high expectations due to the restaurants reputation. I guess the name is stronger than the reality. I have had better food from much less expensive places. I am glad that we did the restaurant week deal or I would have been even more disappointed. The service was impeccable and the ambiance nice. The wedge salad was great but anything with bacon is bound to be delicious. The onion loaf was dry and lacked in tasting. The shrimp were small and far from being jumbo as described. The crab topping was full of fillers. The mashed potatoes were completely from a box and they didn't attempt to make it taste like real potatoes. The soufflé was good. I will not be returning.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014My partner and I had a great time. The food was great and the staff was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a real good mealRondyVIPDined on 8/6/2014We go here frequently as it is our steak house place. Know the staff and the GM and they always stop by to say hello. We are both weight watchers so they have things that are perfect for our eating interests and they are willing to make some changes to make it work. Their seasonal salads and veggies are frequently unique and we try them when they have a special menu. The wine list covers a broad range of items but is a bit pricey but that is the steak house way of life. Never been to any of them where the prices are modest. Overall we always enjoy this place and can't recall that we have ever had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- You Can Do Bettersarah1019Dined on 8/5/2014I've been to several steakhouses around Baltimore and I'm sad to say this was the worst. I went during restaurant week with a group of 10 people and there were several issues... everything from very overcooked steak to a hair in someone's stuffed shrimp. These issues were hardly even acknowledged by anyone when mentioned. Our server, Will, was wonderful... but other than that this experience was just kind of "eh".Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceAyannaDined on 8/4/2014My family went to Morton's yesterday evening. From start to finish the experience was absolutely wonderful. Our reservation was for 8pm, but we got there about 7:40pm and was seated immediately. The host went out of his way to ensure we were comfortable at our table. The server, Gary was THE BEST I have experienced in my lifetime (and I eat out a lot!) He was very knowledgeable about the menu and had a disposition that is to die for! The food was amazing!!! My 6 year old even ate a substantial amount of his food (about 80%) which is not normal for him at all. While I did take my son and had a great time with him, I probably wouldn't take him back again. My husband and I plan to enjoy this experience alone next time.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Had a wonderful experience at Morton's last sunday night. The food was outstanding and our server Will was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, long waitspiderloverDined on 8/3/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday during restaurant week. Waited 20 minutes despite our reservation, they said it was because of the O's game but they should have figured that situation out by now. The RW choices were good, we all liked our entrees (3 filets, 1 pork chop, 1 stuffed shrimp) but it took forever to get from appetizers to entrees. It was apparent that the waitress was busy. Appetizers (caesar, chopped salads, tuna and onion soup) were good sized and good, esp the salads. We got 2 specialty drinks and thought they were a bit pricey ($14), we expect that in Las Vegas while overlooking the Bellagio fountains. The customers dressed down so that took some of the ambiance away from what was supposed to be a fancy dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our wedding anniversary with another couple celebrating as well and made mention of the celebration in our reservation as well upon check-in. Our service with Dawn was completely inattentive...bread was forgotten until the food came out, a soup spoon was not given with soup and even after mention of this, none was brought to the table. We had to ask different servers to refill our water and butter. Overall, the couple we were dining with will not come back based on the service or lack of received. Perhaps it was because it was restaruant week...the food however was very good, as usual. Wish I could say the same for the service.Special Features:
- Favorite for special occasionsNumNumNumNumDined on 8/3/2014Although we have had better food and service on previous occasions, it still was 10 times better than other restaurants in the surrounding area. Loved the special touch of having a personalized Happy Birthday menu.Special Features:
- Disappointed this time aroundAngelDined on 8/3/2014This is the 4th time we visit Morton’s in Baltimore and was not the best of the experiences. To begin with our waitress was slow and it seemed to be always busy even when the restaurant was not even at full capacity. The food was great as always, good flavor, nice presentation. Although food was good the Caesar Salad had a hair in it! First time we have this happening to us in a “high scale” restaurant like this. We complained about it and the waitress took it back and this was her response: “I checked with everybody in the back and every single person is bald and are wearing a hat.” Really? Are you insinuating that we put the hair in the salad? In this case we did not get an apology from neither the waitress nor the Manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Dining ExperienceMrBillDined on 8/3/2014Our party of four went to Morton's for Restaurant Week in Baltimore. The service was outstanding, the food was the best food eaten by any in the party, cooked exactly as ordered. The staff was friendly and cheerful, which really added to the experience. Our server refilled our drinks without being asked, and before the drinks were completely empty. We were able to pay our parking with the meal bill, which was very convenient (and cheaper, too). All in all, our party agreed that Morton's was the best dining experience we had ever had.Special Features:
- Great ClassicfindanddineDined on 8/2/2014Dining at Morton's during restaurant week was a real treat. The food and service was top notch. I will definitely choose this restaurant to fine again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night.MMartinDined on 8/2/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived we had a little bit of a wait , but it was ok. The lighting was perfect for a date night, waitress was so nice and food was AMAZING! The mashed potatoes were delicious. We will definitely return to Morton's . Great experience .Special Features:
- Great Eveningtripleh12Dined on 8/2/2014Four of us went for restaurant week on Saturday. The menu was loaded with many options the food was excellent & our waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Pricey but the food was very good as was the service. Took us a little while to be seated - maybe 15 minutes - despite having reservations but it wasn't a terrible wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDowntownbaltimoreDined on 8/2/2014Great food, brilliant service and nice atmosphere! The restaurant was very busy, but we didn't feel rushed! The waiter was very attentive! One of the better steak restaurants in Baltimore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 8/2/2014An overall very nice enjoyable dinner! Everything from the appetizers to the steaks was perfectly prepared. Would have given them an excellent rating had it not been for the brussel sprouts we ordered not showing up until we were 3/4 finished with our steaks and if they had actually had a good espresso! $4.95 (each) for our espressos that tasted like strong coffee from breakfast is unacceptable.
- love to dine outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014First time at Mortons very nice evening. Food and service was awesome. Drinks were great although very pricey. Would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AmbienceFoodyDined on 8/2/2014Food was good, service outstanding, but over priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/2/2014The wife and I did a date night, the food was incrediably good and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend Morton's!Special Features:
- bootsDined on 8/2/2014Restaurant was nicely decorated. Food was good, but I feel I was misinformed by my waiter (Will). I asked if I could get just stuffed shrimp as a side and was informed that I had to purchase for completed entrée. I should have asked for a manager but I didn't. I think that the customer should know that they will be charged $10.00 for the Matre Di to park the car. It was very nice to get out and have the car parked for you but it should be stated before you dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmacDined on 8/1/2014I went for restaurant week. Great meal. Sat at the bar, great service. The lemon soufflé was served with whipped cream. Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSnickDined on 7/30/2014The whole experience was simply perfect. It was our 20th wedding anniversary and everyone there made us feel like royalty. We were presented with souvenir menus with our anniversary date, and they took our picture and put it in a special frame. How wonderful. It was such a beautifully decorated restaurant and the food was beyond fabulous. I fully expected it to be, since I had heard and read so much about it. What I didn't expect was how amazing the service was. Perfection.Special Features:
- Changed and not for the betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I initially visited Morton's in 2006 and began a tradition of visits during special occasions. Since then we have visited three different locations but were unable to visit during a long period in which I was overseas. Our last visit to a Morton's was in November of last year for our 5th anniversary and we visited their location in Downtown Washington, DC. We were unaware of the change in ownership at the time of the visit and noticed subtle changes in the ambiance as well as the food. We chalked this up as a fluke and I made the reservation to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. The food was not on par with what would be expected for the price. We will not be returning in the future due to the changes.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerParhDined on 7/26/2014Everything was perfect except our well done filets were a little burnt on the tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.