Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
300 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: (410) 547-8255
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Baltimore hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit, www.mortons.com/baltimore.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (58)notable wine list (54)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- AmazingDougkDined on 7/17/2014We went here for our anniversary, which we have done several times in the past and it was amazing as it always is. The staff is fantastic, the food was fabulous. I've never had a bad experience at Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best YetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Fantastic dining experience, have eaten at Morton's before but this was the best I enjoyed, not that the service was in any way lacking before. I brought my son and his best friend to tour the University of Baltimore (transferring next year) and wanted to treat them to a world class dining experience... Our waiter Liam was exceptional!! Taking the time to treat these first time diners with patience explaining every facet of the menu and providing spot on recommendations for them. Morton's of Baltimore is lucky to have him, and you will be also if he's your waiter!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining at Morton'sJPackDined on 7/8/2014Morton's is an excellent place for fine dining with outstanding service. too many other places rush you through the meal to turn the table. Morton's does not do this. Service is just as important as food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakDennisDined on 7/6/2014We both had the ribeye and they were fantastic. Service was over the top with our waiter being so friendly and welcoming. I definitely will visit this Morton's again the next time in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Always memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014American dining at its best. Beef to brag about. Perfectly cooked and a taste to savor and remember with pleasure. When I want steak it has to be MOrton'sSpecial Features:
- Great way to spend a birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014We brought in a homemade birthday cake for our mom's celebration and Morton's was great. The wait staff took care of placing and lighting every single candle for her 64th birthday. They even cut and shared each piece. We will be back again. They're great!Special Features:
- KelleyDined on 7/5/2014The double porter was delicious! The ceremony of cutting it table side was also an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deplorable experiencedisappointedgroupDined on 7/3/2014We were taken for a ride by the waiter; mislead on the different dishes composition without any proposal for corrective action.
- Morton's - Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Morton's is a special treat. The service is awesome and the food, especially the steaks are some of the best in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I was eating here for my Birthday. Dawn the waiter made me feel really special along with the photographer. This restaurant was awesome and the food was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good but we were very disappointed in the service. The server forgot our drinks, forgot our salads (then asked if we wanted to box them up) and did not offer a dessert menu. We ended up eating ice cream at Harbor East. When you pay a bill that is over $300 (including tip) you deserve better service. They were very friendly and we did enjoy the atmosphere. We typically go out in Baltimore 3-4 times per year and we probably will not be back. I would rather go to Prime Rib or Flemings.Special Features:
- LobsterMrsSVIPDined on 6/27/2014We frequent this place but dined for lobster special and was delicious. we usually just have veggies but tried the au Gratian potatoes tonight and they were incredibly! Cheesy with big chunks of potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and amazing, but pricey!ECfoodieDined on 6/27/2014We decided to try the 2lb lobster special. 3 of us each got the lobster, and we added a peppercorn crusted New York strip to share. The lobsters were sweet and delicious, and the steak was tender and perfect. Appetizer was the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella, which was delicious, but we were surprised that it was served warm. Sides were the most spectacular macaroni and cheese any of us had ever tasted, very tasty creamed corn (which I think could have been better without the little chunks of ham), and crispy and delicious matchstick fries! No room for dessert :-((, but my niece got a nice doggy bag with enough for a couple more meals. Pricey? $360 for 3 is pricey, but well worth it for a special night!Special Features:
- Fred BFredBDined on 6/27/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary and to enjoy the Lobster special. Everyone was so friendly and attentive it helped to make our anniversary celebration so special. And the lobster dinner was delicious. Yummy, yummy. Our server "Barbara" was very efficient and professional, however at the same time she made you feel like you were her only table. (And they were very busy). We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and our anniversary. Thank you "Mortons"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MortonsvicbDined on 6/26/2014Celebrated our 38th Wedding Anniversary. Only reason we chose Mortons was because we had a $75 Gift Card for taking a Time Share Tour in Las Vegas. The great. 1) Our waiter. 2) The ambiance. Low lights, quiet despite it being fairly crowded. 3) Gave us a souvenier menu and a souvenir picture for our anniversay. 4) The Spring 5 course meal for $49 each 5) Our 6 oz Tenderloin steaks 6) Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella 7) Mashed Potatoes 8) Bread with Onion on top was warm and really big in size The issues 1) Too much salt on the steaks 2) The Lyonnaise Potatoes: Potatoe part was overcooked (Fried). Onions were great 3) Ahi Tuna Tower Appetizer: Where was the Ahi Tuna 4) Prices are too highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant15annivDined on 6/25/2014Everyone treated us like we were the only ones in the restaurant. We did not wait long to be served and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperienceMissBoDined on 6/24/2014Food, service, ambiance all worked together for a remarkable dinner. Joseph was very attentive, made great recommendations and provided great service. We will certainly come back for more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This particular Saturday night was a very quiet evening at this steakhouse. Steaks were cooked as ordered. Since it was slow, the food came out too fast. Also, we were not offered or given any bread during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...Slow Servicewtsst7Dined on 6/21/2014I'm a fan of Morton's, but this was not my best experience. We had a 7:30pm reservation on a Sat. night and arrived to a nearly empty restaurant. No problem, more personal attention for us... or so we thought. Immediately, we could tell that the staff was a bit inexperienced. The hostess had problems putting our reservation into the system and initially tried to seat us at a table that was not fully prep'ed. Not to mention she forgot to direct my wife to the restroom. To wrap this up quickly, our server offered non-menu items to us several times and had to recede those offers. Bottom line - 1 hr passed before we were served anything other than bread. That caused us to miss our 9:15pm show. But at least the food was good once it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerLidLidDined on 6/21/2014The service was very good and the food was delicious. We were treated special for our special night celebrating our first wedding anniversary. They printed out a special menu for us that said "Happy Anniversary" and it had the date printed on it. It was a nice keepsake to save in our wedding album. There was an employee circulating to take complementary photos of the guests. We would definitely return. This was our first visit to a Morton's.Special Features:
- OverpricedSpreewell715Dined on 6/15/2014At the request of my dad for Father's Day he wanted to dine at Morton's Steakhouse. The particular location I dined at in the Baltimore Harbor area unfortunately offers no views of the Harbor. I have been to less expensive steak houses that have more ambiance, better food and a view. This was my first time visiting Morton's and unless there is a special occasion and someone requests to dine at Morton's then I am happy to not go back.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed the dining experience at Morton's. The atmosphere and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Steak birthday dinnerMrsSVIPDined on 6/14/2014We frequent this place for special occasions in our family. Server Joellen (spelling) was great. Husband had the ribeye along with spinach and mushroom which he enjoyed. My appetite was not a full as his so i tried the shrimp alexander appetizer and house salad. Shrimp were delicious and 4 large sized ones made me full. They were soo good i would choose the dinner size portion in the future. And don't forget the lava cake for dessert!Special Features:
- Beautiful occasion restaurantabluesman2Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful atmosphere and superb food. We had excellent service, as we have every time we come to Morton's. As it was my wife's birthday, Morton's printed menus with her name on it. They also took our picture, as a souvenir. The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella was a great appetizer. My only quibble, albeit a minor one, was that my steak, a beautiful 22 oz. bone-in rib eye, was done a touch more than medium, as I had ordered it. We highly recommend the seasonal watermelon salad, which was an unanticipated feast for the palate. As Morton's is an upper echelon dining experience, we do not get to come often, but I recommend it highly for those special occasions. Pricing is high, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Of course, this place is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for....everything was delicious and the service was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Service!NetcomDined on 6/10/2014My first time at the Baltimore Mortons. But it maintains the same quality of dining I have come to expect whichever location I visit.Special Features:
- A little disappointedroadrunnerDined on 6/7/2014We have been to quite a few Morton's Steakshouse's and have never been disappointed!! I always order the lamb chops med. rare and they are always excellent!! Unfortunately this time they were a bit tough and dry.Special Features:
- Incredible!!Crd3939Dined on 5/30/2014I decided to surprise my husband and bring him to your restaurant! I have been there several times with work but he had only been there last summer when my sister had her wedding reception there! He was thrilled and gushed about his meal the entire night! I am not a steak eater so I always order the chicken Christopher. For the first time I was too thrilled. It came with 2 chicken breasts and I ate 1. The chicken was a little rubbery (and I mentioned to my husband a few times) I wasn't sure it was cooked thoroughly. As I have had this dish at least 10 times, I am still unsure whether it was! I took the remainder with me to work and that piece was really rubbery! Next time I will make sure to send it back if I'm not satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouseRbeasDined on 5/24/2014This is the best steakhouse around. No others can compare to Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodparentDined on 5/21/2014We had a very good meal with a very friendly server named JenniferSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I have gone to a number of different Mortons. To be honest, this one seemed a little tired. Front desk was not as crisp as others. Service however was top shelf. And if I am being brutally honest, the NY Strip I ordered for $50ish bucks seems a little on the small side. The next night I went to the Capitol Grill in Baltimore and that was MUCH better and honestly a little cheaper. I would make another choice next time in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionGreatfulgradDined on 5/16/2014Made daughter's college graduation dinner very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the better steaksrayaVIPDined on 5/15/2014There are many choices for prime steaks in Baltimore Morton's is probably at the top of the listI would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our mealDookadogDined on 5/14/2014Both my wife and I thouroughly enjoyed our experience at your eatery. It was my first visit. I will recomend it to my freinds and I will return. Thank youSpecial Features:
- taste of foodbutterDined on 5/11/2014my dining experience was finebuttercup I had the crab cake that was good but a little drySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Mama's DayDCsOwnDined on 5/11/2014I did last a minute search for reservations for 5 on Mother's Day. Practically everything was booked for the time we were looking for. I did a quick glance at the menu and determined the family would like the food offered. I didn't check the prices which was a big no no. When we were seated and I saw the cost of the items I almost said something out loud. Well, as it turned out, the service & food items were incredibly awesome. The waiter did a great job explaining the menu, we took a FREE family photo and more importantly, my wife really enjoyed her meal and time spent with hers sons. Though I spent way more than I had planned, it was great eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We enjoy coming to Morton's on special occassions. The service is always great and the food spectacular!Special Features:
- Never disappointsArnieDined on 5/9/2014Morton's is consistently great no matter what city it is in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverLuvfood89Dined on 5/4/2014We love the Morton's at Baltimore so much that we have become regulars and even know the waiters, head chef, and the managers by name. I hear that all the food is good but can't seem to order anything but the Chicago Style bone-in Rib-eye...excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BeefGirlsnightoutDined on 5/2/2014Our waiter did an excellent job explaining the different cuts of meat. We shared the porterhouse for two. The strip was amazingly flavorful and the filet melted in our mouths like butter. Best steak we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.