Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
300 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 4105478255x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Baltimore hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit, www.mortons.com/baltimore.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (66)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great date night.MMartinDined on 8/2/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived we had a little bit of a wait , but it was ok. The lighting was perfect for a date night, waitress was so nice and food was AMAZING! The mashed potatoes were delicious. We will definitely return to Morton's . Great experience .Special Features:
- Great Eveningtripleh12Dined on 8/2/2014Four of us went for restaurant week on Saturday. The menu was loaded with many options the food was excellent & our waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Pricey but the food was very good as was the service. Took us a little while to be seated - maybe 15 minutes - despite having reservations but it wasn't a terrible wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDowntownbaltimoreDined on 8/2/2014Great food, brilliant service and nice atmosphere! The restaurant was very busy, but we didn't feel rushed! The waiter was very attentive! One of the better steak restaurants in Baltimore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 8/2/2014An overall very nice enjoyable dinner! Everything from the appetizers to the steaks was perfectly prepared. Would have given them an excellent rating had it not been for the brussel sprouts we ordered not showing up until we were 3/4 finished with our steaks and if they had actually had a good espresso! $4.95 (each) for our espressos that tasted like strong coffee from breakfast is unacceptable.
- love to dine outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014First time at Mortons very nice evening. Food and service was awesome. Drinks were great although very pricey. Would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AmbienceFoodyDined on 8/2/2014Food was good, service outstanding, but over priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/2/2014The wife and I did a date night, the food was incrediably good and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend Morton's!Special Features:
- bootsDined on 8/2/2014Restaurant was nicely decorated. Food was good, but I feel I was misinformed by my waiter (Will). I asked if I could get just stuffed shrimp as a side and was informed that I had to purchase for completed entrée. I should have asked for a manager but I didn't. I think that the customer should know that they will be charged $10.00 for the Matre Di to park the car. It was very nice to get out and have the car parked for you but it should be stated before you dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmacDined on 8/1/2014I went for restaurant week. Great meal. Sat at the bar, great service. The lemon soufflé was served with whipped cream. Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSnickDined on 7/30/2014The whole experience was simply perfect. It was our 20th wedding anniversary and everyone there made us feel like royalty. We were presented with souvenir menus with our anniversary date, and they took our picture and put it in a special frame. How wonderful. It was such a beautifully decorated restaurant and the food was beyond fabulous. I fully expected it to be, since I had heard and read so much about it. What I didn't expect was how amazing the service was. Perfection.Special Features:
- Changed and not for the betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I initially visited Morton's in 2006 and began a tradition of visits during special occasions. Since then we have visited three different locations but were unable to visit during a long period in which I was overseas. Our last visit to a Morton's was in November of last year for our 5th anniversary and we visited their location in Downtown Washington, DC. We were unaware of the change in ownership at the time of the visit and noticed subtle changes in the ambiance as well as the food. We chalked this up as a fluke and I made the reservation to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. The food was not on par with what would be expected for the price. We will not be returning in the future due to the changes.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerParhDined on 7/26/2014Everything was perfect except our well done filets were a little burnt on the tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's MusingsBonzoDined on 7/20/2014All aspects outstanding. Love the somewhat dark lighting. Was with my lovely, vivacious, lovely laughing lady. She and I were both a little loud..no one admonished us or seemed to mind. We even kissed a little..... A wonderful dining experience. Food to die for. Go there..please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDougkDined on 7/17/2014We went here for our anniversary, which we have done several times in the past and it was amazing as it always is. The staff is fantastic, the food was fabulous. I've never had a bad experience at Morton's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best YetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Fantastic dining experience, have eaten at Morton's before but this was the best I enjoyed, not that the service was in any way lacking before. I brought my son and his best friend to tour the University of Baltimore (transferring next year) and wanted to treat them to a world class dining experience... Our waiter Liam was exceptional!! Taking the time to treat these first time diners with patience explaining every facet of the menu and providing spot on recommendations for them. Morton's of Baltimore is lucky to have him, and you will be also if he's your waiter!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining at Morton'sJPackDined on 7/8/2014Morton's is an excellent place for fine dining with outstanding service. too many other places rush you through the meal to turn the table. Morton's does not do this. Service is just as important as food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakDennisDined on 7/6/2014We both had the ribeye and they were fantastic. Service was over the top with our waiter being so friendly and welcoming. I definitely will visit this Morton's again the next time in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Always memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014American dining at its best. Beef to brag about. Perfectly cooked and a taste to savor and remember with pleasure. When I want steak it has to be MOrton'sSpecial Features:
- Great way to spend a birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014We brought in a homemade birthday cake for our mom's celebration and Morton's was great. The wait staff took care of placing and lighting every single candle for her 64th birthday. They even cut and shared each piece. We will be back again. They're great!Special Features:
- KelleyDined on 7/5/2014The double porter was delicious! The ceremony of cutting it table side was also an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deplorable experiencedisappointedgroupDined on 7/3/2014We were taken for a ride by the waiter; mislead on the different dishes composition without any proposal for corrective action.
- Morton's - Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Morton's is a special treat. The service is awesome and the food, especially the steaks are some of the best in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I was eating here for my Birthday. Dawn the waiter made me feel really special along with the photographer. This restaurant was awesome and the food was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good but we were very disappointed in the service. The server forgot our drinks, forgot our salads (then asked if we wanted to box them up) and did not offer a dessert menu. We ended up eating ice cream at Harbor East. When you pay a bill that is over $300 (including tip) you deserve better service. They were very friendly and we did enjoy the atmosphere. We typically go out in Baltimore 3-4 times per year and we probably will not be back. I would rather go to Prime Rib or Flemings.Special Features:
- LobsterMrsSVIPDined on 6/27/2014We frequent this place but dined for lobster special and was delicious. we usually just have veggies but tried the au Gratian potatoes tonight and they were incredibly! Cheesy with big chunks of potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and amazing, but pricey!ECfoodieDined on 6/27/2014We decided to try the 2lb lobster special. 3 of us each got the lobster, and we added a peppercorn crusted New York strip to share. The lobsters were sweet and delicious, and the steak was tender and perfect. Appetizer was the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella, which was delicious, but we were surprised that it was served warm. Sides were the most spectacular macaroni and cheese any of us had ever tasted, very tasty creamed corn (which I think could have been better without the little chunks of ham), and crispy and delicious matchstick fries! No room for dessert :-((, but my niece got a nice doggy bag with enough for a couple more meals. Pricey? $360 for 3 is pricey, but well worth it for a special night!Special Features:
- Fred BFredBDined on 6/27/2014We went to Morton's to celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary and to enjoy the Lobster special. Everyone was so friendly and attentive it helped to make our anniversary celebration so special. And the lobster dinner was delicious. Yummy, yummy. Our server "Barbara" was very efficient and professional, however at the same time she made you feel like you were her only table. (And they were very busy). We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and our anniversary. Thank you "Mortons"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MortonsvicbDined on 6/26/2014Celebrated our 38th Wedding Anniversary. Only reason we chose Mortons was because we had a $75 Gift Card for taking a Time Share Tour in Las Vegas. The great. 1) Our waiter. 2) The ambiance. Low lights, quiet despite it being fairly crowded. 3) Gave us a souvenier menu and a souvenir picture for our anniversay. 4) The Spring 5 course meal for $49 each 5) Our 6 oz Tenderloin steaks 6) Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella 7) Mashed Potatoes 8) Bread with Onion on top was warm and really big in size The issues 1) Too much salt on the steaks 2) The Lyonnaise Potatoes: Potatoe part was overcooked (Fried). Onions were great 3) Ahi Tuna Tower Appetizer: Where was the Ahi Tuna 4) Prices are too highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant15annivDined on 6/25/2014Everyone treated us like we were the only ones in the restaurant. We did not wait long to be served and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining ExperienceMissBoDined on 6/24/2014Food, service, ambiance all worked together for a remarkable dinner. Joseph was very attentive, made great recommendations and provided great service. We will certainly come back for more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This particular Saturday night was a very quiet evening at this steakhouse. Steaks were cooked as ordered. Since it was slow, the food came out too fast. Also, we were not offered or given any bread during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...Slow Servicewtsst7Dined on 6/21/2014I'm a fan of Morton's, but this was not my best experience. We had a 7:30pm reservation on a Sat. night and arrived to a nearly empty restaurant. No problem, more personal attention for us... or so we thought. Immediately, we could tell that the staff was a bit inexperienced. The hostess had problems putting our reservation into the system and initially tried to seat us at a table that was not fully prep'ed. Not to mention she forgot to direct my wife to the restroom. To wrap this up quickly, our server offered non-menu items to us several times and had to recede those offers. Bottom line - 1 hr passed before we were served anything other than bread. That caused us to miss our 9:15pm show. But at least the food was good once it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerLidLidDined on 6/21/2014The service was very good and the food was delicious. We were treated special for our special night celebrating our first wedding anniversary. They printed out a special menu for us that said "Happy Anniversary" and it had the date printed on it. It was a nice keepsake to save in our wedding album. There was an employee circulating to take complementary photos of the guests. We would definitely return. This was our first visit to a Morton's.Special Features:
- OverpricedSpreewell715Dined on 6/15/2014At the request of my dad for Father's Day he wanted to dine at Morton's Steakhouse. The particular location I dined at in the Baltimore Harbor area unfortunately offers no views of the Harbor. I have been to less expensive steak houses that have more ambiance, better food and a view. This was my first time visiting Morton's and unless there is a special occasion and someone requests to dine at Morton's then I am happy to not go back.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed the dining experience at Morton's. The atmosphere and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Steak birthday dinnerMrsSVIPDined on 6/14/2014We frequent this place for special occasions in our family. Server Joellen (spelling) was great. Husband had the ribeye along with spinach and mushroom which he enjoyed. My appetite was not a full as his so i tried the shrimp alexander appetizer and house salad. Shrimp were delicious and 4 large sized ones made me full. They were soo good i would choose the dinner size portion in the future. And don't forget the lava cake for dessert!Special Features:
- Beautiful occasion restaurantabluesman2Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful atmosphere and superb food. We had excellent service, as we have every time we come to Morton's. As it was my wife's birthday, Morton's printed menus with her name on it. They also took our picture, as a souvenir. The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella was a great appetizer. My only quibble, albeit a minor one, was that my steak, a beautiful 22 oz. bone-in rib eye, was done a touch more than medium, as I had ordered it. We highly recommend the seasonal watermelon salad, which was an unanticipated feast for the palate. As Morton's is an upper echelon dining experience, we do not get to come often, but I recommend it highly for those special occasions. Pricing is high, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Of course, this place is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for....everything was delicious and the service was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Service!NetcomDined on 6/10/2014My first time at the Baltimore Mortons. But it maintains the same quality of dining I have come to expect whichever location I visit.Special Features: