Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
300 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 4105478255x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Baltimore hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit, www.mortons.com/baltimore.
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore
Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (66)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Morton's. The food was awesome and the service was exceptional. Our waiter, Jack, made the evening with his excellent recommendations, engaging conversation and spot on service. Next time we go back, I'll call ahead to make sure Jack is working.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was my first visit to Mortons and it was wonderful. My date and I had reservations for 7:30 pm we arrived about 5 minutes early. The valet staff was very friendly and we were seated very quickly. Our waitress was Liz she was wonderful she made our dining experience unforgettable. I ordered the shrimp cocktail and it came to the table engulfed in smoke from the dry ice in the bottom. wow what a presentation. I had the stuffed shrimp and my date had the Lobster and steak it all was delicious. We also ordered the cadillac margaritas which we very good. And to top the night off desert I had the double chocolate mousse and my date had the cheese cake mmmmmmmmmmmmm delicious. For two our bill was about 265.00 which included the valet cost.Special Features:
- An Underwhelming Meal at Morton'sMikeDined on 10/18/2014My recent experience at Morton's was less enjoyable than past visits. My wife and I both had filet mignons. My steak (12 Oz. Version) was dry and my wife's (6 Oz version) was significantly undercooked. The restaurant cooked my wife's steak to the desired temperature after bringing it to their attention. We ordered lyonnaise potatoes that seemed a bit dry and tasteless to me. In the past, my experiences at Morton's have been good, but this visit was somewhat underwhelming. For the cost of the meal, my expectations were much higher than what we received.Special Features:
- Great Place!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Loved everything about this location. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Over and overBVGALLAGHERVIPDined on 10/17/2014Been here 5 times in 3 months and every time has been excellent. Food and service was great, even though we had different servers and different food each time.Special Features:
- Morton's BaltimorecarnivoreDined on 10/16/2014The food is spectacular, but the service was also outstanding. Our beef was cooked perfectly and the side dishes were tasty. Those of us who ordered seafood were also well satisfied with the quality. It's pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food and service. Everything was on point and perfect for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBobetteVIPDined on 10/8/2014We've eaten at Morton's a few times when in the area. This time everything was spot on. The steak with truffle butter and the Parmesan truffle fries were top notch. Morton's is consistent. You get what you expect. Good food. Earlier in the evening they provide a happy hour menu in the bar with some food and drink offerings but we didn't partake in anything off that particular menu. Best thing of the night........Mojitos, best around.Special Features:
- good but priceyecf314Dined on 10/4/2014Service was excellent and its a beautiful place. Food was definitely good but I didn't think it was great considering the priceSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014While I had a great dining experience here a few years ago, this place has really gone downhill. Given the expense, one expects a nice ambience, attentive service and wonderful food. But Morton's fell flat in every respect. I won't be returning.
- Not a good experiencewetkatDined on 9/26/2014We've been to Morton's before and loved it. We know it is on the expensive side. We took a couple for dinner to repay kindness. It was outrageously expensive. I wanted a small salad with my meal. The salads were all huge. A lot of restaurants have wedge iceberg salad. Morton's has a whole half of head. Sides were only offered in large portions to share at $13 each. A not so large baked potato for $13? So....huge salads and sides. When my entrée of Chilean Sea Bass arrived, I almost fell on the floor. It was a very small medallion of fish...for $45. I really did expect a larger portion. It was very good, however, not fully cooked in the center. Service was poor even though there were only 5 tables occupied when we were there.
- AnniversaryHoCoDinerDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Morton's. The food is always excellent but we were impressed by the knowledge of our server who deftly answered our questions about the menu. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's DinnerMrtDinnDined on 9/19/2014Excellent experience that started with welcome and greeting by the maître de. Our server was very knowledgeable and provided excellent advice that turned out to be a great success. Lastly, the food was perfect, cooked to our specifications and presented warmly. Will do this again.Special Features:
- Last Time Dining HereRB77VIPDined on 9/19/2014Went here last Friday, 9/19 for what I was hoping for a nice dining experinece. What a poor choice! Waited 20 min for water which was brought out with the cocktails. Had our appetizers then had our salad before the bread was brought out! We were there for over an hour before it was brought out. And my steak was NOT cooked to specs so I had to send it back. Never again!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in a while! Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Almost good...DoormanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our filet, sides, salads and dessert were quite good. For bread they serve only onion bread. Other high quality restaurants serve a selection of breads or at least not a type of bread that isn't one of my favorites. We had glasses of wine and the pours seemed rather stingy for the price. All of the staff was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- retiredmanDined on 9/13/2014Onion soup was not hot, but my husband was ok. We both ordered ribeyes, one cajun, one plain. The waiter was sure which was which so he asked another waiter. He switched the plates and we started to eat. My wife said her's was a little spicy so we tried each others and I knew the plates were switched. When your paying $51 for a piece of meat we should at least get the right dish. Won't be back?Special Features:
- tick tick tickOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Went to the restaurant prior to an 830pm Baltimore Ravens game. 6:15 reservation, my mistake. Seated promptly, ordered fairly soon after that. Had the ahi tuna appetizer then waited, waited and waited for our main course... not sure what took so long- wasn't impressed with the service, at all! We both had the specials, one of us the filet with crab, the other of us the fish special. Food was good, service, VERY LACKING. Will stay with Sullivans or Capital Grill, simply for the service reasons!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014Food was served luke warm. Service was sketchy over all. Took over an hour to receive the steak. Was very disappointed.
- excellent night at MortonsSteveDined on 9/5/2014The food and service was excellent. Our waitress explained everything to us. Could not ask for a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. It was a great place, fantastic service and good food. Our only complaint was that his steak was slightly overcooked but they compensated us with a free round of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just A Fabulous DinnergourmetgirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Been to many Morton's over the years and food is always good - completely dependable for dinner. Celebrated special occasion recently at the Morton's in Baltimore and honestly, I don't think I've had a better meal in a very long time. Everything from cocktails to dessert was fabulous. My personal feast...vodka martini, dirty with blue cheese stuffed olives. Delicious. We shared escargot and oysters rockefeller - amazing. Caesar salad, perfectly dressed with hot crunchy onion bread. For dinner I had the small..6 oz...filet with bearnaise sauce. Not sure how that was going to be because it was small? It was perfectly cooked and just buttery - could eat with a spoon! For dessert, chocolate soufflé. no words. Wine? Cakebread Cab :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible service.heylilyDined on 8/30/2014Food was great but do not go unless you have the time to spend 2.5 to 3 hours at the restaurant. We have frequented Morton's in other cities and have experienced far superior service than we did at the Baltimore location.Special Features:
- Going downhill not just a bad nightMichelleDined on 8/23/2014On my prior visit to this location, my crab cakes were burnt on the bottom, but I said nothing and just thought they were busy and having a bad night. However, this past Saturday night the dinning room had many empty tables, but we waited over 1.5 hrs for our entree and then my companion's steak came out overcooked. Yes, Morton's ruined a steak! The manager was apologetic, sort-of. He had another steak cooked and served inside of 10 minutes and he offered us a dessert on the house. We would have normally skipped dessert, but we accepted a slice of key lime pie; it was OK. We left the restaurant really annoyed and disappointed. The many empty tables on a Saturday night suggests that it's not just us. This Morton's is going downhill
- Expensive but Worth ItPavel314Dined on 8/23/2014Family from out of town was coming to the antique show at the convention center. We made reservations for Morton's, knowing that it was an upscale restaurant. We arrived very early but were seated anyway and allowed to have some cocktails and conversation before ordering. Service was excellent and the food was superb; an excellent place for special occasions downtown.Special Features:
- Many better options in the HarborEvilIncarnateVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had not dined here for many years. Took a chance based on a friends recommendation. Wine list way overpriced! Reds (All Varietals) were stored at room temperature? Had the porterhouse for two, that not only came out at the wrong temperature, but was not even close to 48 oz. for $116.00! Restaurant acted like they were doing us a favor by accepting out almost 500 dollar bill for a party of 4?Special Features:
- Great experience!ExceededexpectationsDined on 8/23/2014We went to Mortons for our wedding anniversary and were very happy with the entire experience. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly (special kudos to our waitress JoEllen). From the moment we arrived we felt like VIPs. The service was excellent and the food was plentiful and delicious. Truly could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Had BetteryepbrownDined on 8/22/2014Mortons in Baltimore was lacking. We had a reservation and were to taken to a table until 0830. The restaurant was really loud to the point it was hard to talk or hear the waitress. The waitress was great and took care of all our needs. The change over staff (as in one guy only) was overwhelmed and was not able to change over tables quick enough. The food its self was not work the price. The drinks were good. Over we would rate the visit as a 5-10.Special Features:
- elegant old standby---annefrommdDined on 8/22/2014We were enticed by 2 lb lobster special to go back to Morton's, where we had had memorably delicious steaks over the years. It is a very expensive venture to go there as EVERYTHING is a la carte and prices are often rather over the top. The restaurant decor seems tired and worn, and there is little effort to lessen the noise level which becomes rather HUGE as more people come in. The wait staff varies-..the waitress never brought the iced tea I ordered with dinner and had to be reminded to bring my husband's glass of wine after his meal had been delivered. The lobster was perfectly prepared but salad-(romaine and drsg) $12? a baked potato for $13? creamed spinach-$13? and a small tuna app for $18? Perfect steak -BUT $60?? Too rich for us!Special Features:
- Dinner at Morton'sgreenvillefoodieDined on 8/20/2014I was disappointed with my experience at Morton's. I think the food is overpriced and not particularly memorable.
- Closing TimeWclough333VIPDined on 8/17/2014We reserved a table at 9:45 PM - after walking a mile to the restaurant we found that it had CLOSED at 9 PM!!!!!
- Great timesBrianDined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate wedding anniversary. Wife and I had a great dinner. Steak was perfect, mood was good, service is always legendary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place to eat!BmoreHonDined on 8/10/2014Morton's has to be my favorite restaurant by far. Service was very good and my meal was excellent. I had a petite filet that was cooked perfectly and tender.Key lime pie is my favorite desert and Morton's does it the best!Special Features:
- consistently wonderfulSarainglenwoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our waitress Christine was great... we've had her before and she's wonderful. The restaurant week menu was generous and well-varied, the staff is really professional and the meal was well paced. Morton's makes it look so easy and we always look forward to our visits here. Other restaurants participating in RW shoud insist their managers stop in here and see how it's supposed to be done! This is a great place to celebrate any time of year... We will return- often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good experienceFoodieDined on 8/9/2014The food was deliscous! We had a party of 4 and made reservations before hand. Staff was really friendly (from the valet to the hostess to the servers). Service was fast and great but slowed down a little bit towards the end of our meal. It took a while for our waitress(es) to get to us after dessert and to get us the check though. The cheesecake is amazing and pork chops were really tender. Their salad is also really fresh and the five onion soup was better than any other five onion soup i've ever had.Special Features:
- BrittVIPDined on 8/9/2014My only complaint is that I ordered my steak medium and my fiancé order his medium-rare, but mine came out medium-rare and his came out medium. We would have just switched steaks but I added a blue cheese crust to mine. Other than that, the food was great, but it was disappointing that our steaks were mixed up.Special Features:
- ACCT345ACCT345VIPDined on 8/9/2014We had not been to Morton's in Baltimore for quite sometime. The restaurant has a new contemporary look which is quite nice. The lighting was dim to make a romantic atomsphere. All in all the food was quite good and we had an enjoyable evening. The manager came over and greeted us twice. The waitress was excellent and very friendly. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- BellabeanDined on 8/9/2014Everything was excellent for restaurant week. Great service, great food. Had my birthday dinner there. They always take my picture on my birthday. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We went to Morton's for our 6th wedding anniversary. When I made the reservation I put in the comments that it was our anniversary. When we were presented our menu it was printed on there "happy 6th anniversary". The server was aware of our special occasion and really made the dinner special for us. Our waitress Christine was really knowledgable with everything on the menu and the food was out of this world. We will go back there again, and we will recommend it to all of our friends. Thank you for making our anniversary special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner!BaltimoreBeautyDined on 8/8/2014I reserved a table for 7 for my birthday dinner. It happened to fall perfectly during restaurant week. The restaurant was crowded but the service was still excellent. My friends and I really enjoyed the time spent in Mortons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.