Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington
1750 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 7034181444
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Bar:
Sunday - Thursday 4:45pm - 10:00pm
Friday -Saturday 4:45pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday -Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!* Availability may vary by location.
- Special Events: Morton's in Arlington hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit, www.mortons.com/arlington
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (54)notable wine list (47)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good, But Not GreatJGBKRBVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have been hearing about Morton's for years. During our vacation to DC we decided to check them out. It was good, but not great. We got off to a disappointing start. Morton's posted on their door and website that they opened at 5 p.m. We got there at 5, but had to cool our heels in the lobby for one-half hour because they do not start seating until 5:30 p.m. Bad! The menu is varied and supplemented with specials. The food was well prepared and very good. Service was great. In our opinion, the value proposition for the meal was not good. It was too expensive for what was provided in the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Morton's -ArlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I have eaten at Morton's Charlotte and Atlantic City. This Morton's did not meet the high quality of service that I assosciate with the Morton's name.Special Features:
- Worst ever. Save your money.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014From start to finish the worst dining experience ever. Table had a lot of crumbs on the chairs, napkins and debris around the table. Service was poor, and the food was even worse. Steak was of low quality. Sides were overcooked and flavorless. Management was completely unconcerned when I notified him. This is a place that takes absolutely no pride in their food and service, which is unacceptable given the premium that they charge for honor of eating there. Save your money! You will have a better meal at Outback Steakhouse then this joint!
- 5 Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014With Mortons, you can count on great food, great service, and a very nice atmosphere! Lloyd, Dave, and Sam are wonderful, and will ensure your experience is exceptional!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We've dined here a dozen times in the past 5 years and our latest experience was just like the previous ones - perfect!Special Features:
- Great ServiceIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/10/2014It was a great service day even though 13 of us piled in at the last minute.Special Features:
- Very good experienceAaronVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food and service were excellent, but like many Morton's the decor was a little outdated. Steaks were done to perfection. Nice wine list. Overall, very good.Special Features:
- Making In-laws bearableIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/7/2014Travis and Lloyd made what could have been a stressful evening into a great family get together that saw a few toasts, which rarely happens when this group meets. Food was tasty, as always, and I found a new dish to order -- MAC & CHEESESpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food and service. Got to try many dishes. Will go back there again for the same. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionGabbDined on 10/4/2014I went to Morton's for a special dinner with friends. It was perfect to have fantastic food in a quiet place with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arlington Morton'sRickDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed an early Saturday dinner after a matinee at The Kennedy Center. I have dined at the Reston and McLean locations and this restaurant was as excellent as the other two. Our server, Kelly, was outstanding - very nice and attentive to our every need.Special Features:
- More than a jobIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/3/2014I had a less than stellar last visit to this Morton's BUT the location has proven that they are not just in the foodservice industry but the experience business. My visit was to grab a quick bite and a bottle of wine from my locker but it turned into a visit with fellow "lifers" and a suit cleaning. Earlier, in the day I had the HONOUR of lunch with my daughter who had a PBJ. The peanut butter was transferred to my jacket. Lloyd (GM) took it upon himself to point this out to me (a noted perfectionist in clothing) but also to get it cleaned while I ate. As always, Travis (server/bartender) completes any visit but this time maybe Steve's departure is not the end of the world as I know it in Crystal City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGwenieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our waiter, Rachid, made our evening a real special night by being very attentive to our needs. He was very knowledge about the various selections of the menu and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJJH1Dined on 9/20/2014The food and service was very average but the prices are very high. The number of managers that ask how you like your meal was excessive. My suggestion is that they need more waiters and fewer managers. The atmosphere was ok but it lacked any charm. Given all the great independent restaurants close by in Alexandria you can do better. Or if you really want a steak house, try Bobby Vanns in DC just over the bridge.
- Terrible dining experience.jamrsDined on 9/14/2014In 30 years of loving Morton's, I'm very disappointed with this last experience. Other than ambience, all other categories (food, service, and attention to details) was extremely poor. I would not recommend Morton's until they focus on getting their act together.
- Experience at Morton's Crystal CityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014I did not have a good experience at Morton’s Steakhouse on Sunday, September 14, 2014. However, I contacted the general manager and reviewed in detail. He has offered a resolution to the problem. If that is unsatisfactory, I will contact Landry's. Thanks for your follow up on the dining experiences.
- Wonderful, as alwaysBethVIPDined on 9/13/2014What can I say Morton's? You always get it right! And I don't know how you train your servers, but you have some of the best in the business.Special Features:
- Excellent Service/LunchFoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014My friend and I lunch at Morton's a couple of times a month. We truly enjoy sitting at the bar having our lunch and shooting the breeze with Travis. Travis makes us feel welcome and takes care of all of our needs. Though the food is good the service we get from Travis is why we go back so often.Special Features:
- DinnerFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Great service and we were made to feel special, especially since we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SteakTime2DineDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was terrific; our steaks were outstanding! Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Great!Datenight2Dined on 8/30/2014Went here on a date night with my boyfriend and it was great. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was delicious, especially the green beans (best I've ever had!). The summer deal for $40 couldn't be beat. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerMikeMVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always have a great time at Morton's in Arlington. Food is always great and we are treated like family! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great mealJustineVIPDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed eating out to complete the celebration of my husband's birthday. He enjoyed his food and mine. I would eat here again.Special Features:
- newguyDined on 8/23/2014The lobster bisque was very poor. no taste or lobster. It cost #15.00 I was about to turn it back, but felt bad.
- Lobster Lovers take NoteBimmertimVIPDined on 8/22/2014Last Friday was the semi-annual Lobster Sale with a 2lber going for 34.99. We expected service to be slow but after the craziness of Restaurant Week and Filet Mignon Day the staff is now expert at handling these crowds and our group of ten had a remarkable experience - including six lobsters that were on the high side of 2lbs. Of course those in our party that only eat meat were not disappointed as the Chef is an artist when it comes to steaks & chops. If you have not had the lamb chops butterflied and cajuned you are missing a treat. Not one person at our table was disappointed and our server Travis was on top of every detail. The manager stopped by numerous times to make sure we were happy; not easy given the number of diners there.Special Features:
- Awesome surf and turfCherryBlossomGawkersDined on 8/22/2014We had the 2 lb lobster and peppercorn strip steak recommended by our waiter and shared each. It was awesome. We had twice baked au gratin potatoes which were good but the best side was the spinach and button mushrooms. That side was delicious. We went to Morton's to compare to Ruth's Chris which is our favorite, but we will have to go back to Morton's and get a filet mignon to compare. In all other respects, the two are tied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb food, slight service hiccupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Morton's serves up the best steaks. Period. It is worth every penny. We also indulged in the incredibly amazing Shrimp Alexander, the creamed spinach, and souffle. Everything was perfect, down to the Maitre D greeting us, personalized birthday menus, complimentary dessert of our choice, and food. The only nitpick is a double oops for an "upgrade" butter we ordered. We asked for the foie gras/cognac butter, and twice received the wrong item (and all three were underwhelming). That being said, we will absolutely continue to dine at Morton's around the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mighty have fallenIrishtiggerVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was once one of my favourite locations in Metro DC but with Stephen the manager departing it has fallen out of favor. Chef is still an outstanding master in the kitchen but aside from that everything has dropped. The bartender did not have a clue on how to make a Kentucky Slam or a rocky Basel. She was unable to be creative and make suggestions. It was the first time I left and got home on time.
- Pretty good despite serverPhilipDined on 8/15/2014Our server was nonplussed that we asked for the Restaurant Week menu, and seemed to warn us against ordering items more often than recommending in favor of them, but overall, can't really complain about the experience nor the food. Great steak and everything else.Special Features:
- Underwhelming, and confusingBlahVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cocktails menu is bad, high prices for terrible choices. Wanted a Prime Rib French Dip sandwich which the waiter said they did have and never have had, even though I had one in there before for lunch. He still insisted they have never had prime rib sandwiches, so I ordered something else. Pulled up the Morton's lunch menu online and sure enough the sandwich I wanted was on there, so much for them "never offering it". The waiter tried, but the entire evening felt like we were speaking two completely different language. I have no reason to go back.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Although the service was good, we felt like we were down treated because we ordered from the restaurant week menu instead of the regular menu. Our restaurant week experience has been much better at some other restaurants (and we eat out a couple of times every week).
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/15/2014There are many places in the DC-area where you can get a good steak, but the Morton's in Arlington is our go-to place every time. The food is consistently amazing and the service is top-notch. The staff makes everyone feel like a VIP--whether you are there for happy hour or for a big celebratory evening out. Speaking of happy hour, do yourself a favor and check it out. The food is great and the friendly bartenders definitely know their cocktails.Special Features:
- Morton's Restaurant WeekSIdadof2Dined on 8/15/2014Went to Morton's Arlington for restaurant week. Went early (5:30 pm) to take advantage of happy hour. Had to sit in bar area in tall chairs to take advantage of drink specials, $7 glass of good wine. Noise level was high. Servers tended to pay more attention to the regulars. Had to request bread. Slow to refill water glasses. Salad, filet mignon and dessert very good. Side of creamed spinach pricy ($13), and not to my liking with nutmeg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreDaWizDined on 8/14/2014I expected more of a special menu with unique creations for Restaurant Week. I was disappointed. It seemed like the restaurant provided low quality/low graded food items for it's menu selections. This is the time to shine and show off the creativity of the chef. I did not see that all with the menu choices. I have eaten at this restaurant and other Morton's across the country, so I expected to be able to showcase its phenomenal offerings to my visiting sister prior to her deployment. I thought Restaurant week was a perfect opportunity. Truly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as I anticipatedRonaldDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I dined at Morton's during DC Restaurant Week. It has been 40 years since I've eaten at a Morton's because I'm really not a steak person. This Morton's is in an easily accessible area and parking is very convenient. Our filet mignon was the best we've tried but the accompanying salad and vegetables were quite ordinary. The small desserts were very good. This cut-down version of a Morton's dinner was probably not the best way to judge the restaurant. I'm sure other meals would have made a greater impression. I'm glad I tried Morton's again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to dinners who enjoy steak but I doubt we will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Began well, ended in disappointmentDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014Reception was very nice and server was pleasant enough, but downhill from there. Had to send our steaks back to be warmed up; they had obviously been waiting long to be brought to the table. Too much time between courses. Even the bread arrived late. Too bad for a big-name outfit...
- A little disappointed...StuffedafterdinnerDined on 8/12/2014When I called to ask what was on the restaurant week menu (because it was not posted on their website) I was read their special Summer Finale 3-course menu which was not the same as the menu we were handed. The meat was not as perfectly seared as I have had before, my mashed potatoes were cold (they replaced these when asked), and the key lime pie was "ok". I just felt maybe their heart wasn't into this restaurant week meal.
- Amazing experienceJoneZDined on 8/11/2014Probably the best steak I have had in the area, wine list was amazing. Of course you pay for what you get, but amazing restaurant!!!Special Features:
- expensivesusieDined on 8/11/2014Always wanted to go to Morton's so used Restaurant Week to try it. It was ok, but I've had better steak. Very expensive, and not really worth the price.
- Terrible Service & okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Pacing of service was terrible. Waited 30 minutes for appetizers and 20-25 minutes for main course after salad. Had to send steaks back because they were stone cold. For the price I expect everything to be perfect for a not so busy Saturday night.