Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington
1750 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (703) 418-1444
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Bar:
Sunday - Thursday 4:45pm - 10:00pm
Friday -Saturday 4:45pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday -Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Open for Lunch:
Fridays from 11:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!* Availability may vary by location.
- Special Events: Morton's in Arlington hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit, www.mortons.com/arlington
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (56)notable wine list (51)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014This Morton's had very friendly service. My date and I truly enjoyed our meal. I would say I missed having the Morton's platter presentation of all the different entries & desserts. I think that's cool. The waiter also forgot to bring my drink (Sprite). Which I thought was odd because there was only one other table than us. I also was kinda disapointed they had run out of the wine i liked. Anywho the Asst GM was friendly as was the waiter who learned about ice wines. Overall, the experience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic, Classy Steak HousenoreireDined on 11/17/2014We made a last minute reservation but were greated and treated like long time customers. The ambience is lovely (but I found the wall murals confusing at best). The service was exceptional as was the food. The cream spinach was better that good, the steaks were cooked precisely to our orders. We started with oysters on the half shell, they were wonderful. The only small criticism I have is the onion rings were baked with a heavy cornmeal coating and not the wonderful greasy things we love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VirtuousDined on 11/8/2014The overall experience was good. The waitress was pleasant. We were not very pleased with how long it took to get the food or anything we asked for. It took 30-45 minutes to receive the appetizer and the meal came about 15 minutes afterwards. It was my friend's 40th birthday. We enjoyed each other's company for the special occasion. But for this being our first time to Morton's we were not very pleased.Special Features:
- MortonsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great food; a bit pricey for me; but I was happy overallI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGwenieVIPDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter Rachid is very knowledge about the menu. The steak he choose for me was yummy. He definitely knows his menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Although the food was delicious, One can do better at that price range. The server acted as if he had to be there and the ambiance was sterile. The steak and lobster were excellent.
- steak has a ways to go to be worthJeffDined on 11/6/2014Salmon, shrimp and crab cake combination was great. The macaroni was superb as well as the baked potatoe. This bread roll was equally as good. The main reason coming to the steakhouse thou was for the steak which was a letdown. Ordered medium and steak was barely warm when served. Should have returned it for a hot steak but had to be somewhere else in 35 minutes so didn't have the time to do so. Taste was fine it was just cold from evidently sitting coooked while my wives meal was cookingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foot and serviceGGTQM1Dined on 11/1/2014Kelly did a great job of pacing the meal and making recommendations ...other servers were precise and the water glasses stayed full as if by magic. The steaks were top notch and priced accordingly.Special Features:
- expensiveTankerDined on 11/1/2014Menu was extremely expensive for the food served. The creamed spinach had a bitter after taste and the lyonaise potatoes were overcooked.Special Features:
- Simply stated - SkookumIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/30/2014The service was outstanding and the food a tremendous decor for the stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBandKVIPDined on 10/29/2014From the moment we walked in the service was outstanding. The hostess wonderful and welcoming. The waitress was outstanding as well. All our food was outstanding, except for my chicken. My husband had the filet and it was perfect. This is definitely a place to go for steak. I unfortunately do not eat steak, so ended up with the Chicken Christopher which was not good, but then when is a flattened chicken good. We also had the au gratin potatoes and mac & cheese which were great. Finally we ended with the brownie sundae which was incredible. It was my husband's birthday, and they definitely made it special for him. I would recommend for special occasions. Overall the experience was excellent. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good, But Not GreatJGBKRBVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have been hearing about Morton's for years. During our vacation to DC we decided to check them out. It was good, but not great. We got off to a disappointing start. Morton's posted on their door and website that they opened at 5 p.m. We got there at 5, but had to cool our heels in the lobby for one-half hour because they do not start seating until 5:30 p.m. Bad! The menu is varied and supplemented with specials. The food was well prepared and very good. Service was great. In our opinion, the value proposition for the meal was not good. It was too expensive for what was provided in the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Morton's -ArlingtonAlwayssunniDined on 10/18/2014I have eaten at Morton's Charlotte and Atlantic City. This Morton's did not meet the high quality of service that I assosciate with the Morton's name.Special Features:
- Worst ever. Save your money.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014From start to finish the worst dining experience ever. Table had a lot of crumbs on the chairs, napkins and debris around the table. Service was poor, and the food was even worse. Steak was of low quality. Sides were overcooked and flavorless. Management was completely unconcerned when I notified him. This is a place that takes absolutely no pride in their food and service, which is unacceptable given the premium that they charge for honor of eating there. Save your money! You will have a better meal at Outback Steakhouse then this joint!
- 5 Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014With Mortons, you can count on great food, great service, and a very nice atmosphere! Lloyd, Dave, and Sam are wonderful, and will ensure your experience is exceptional!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We've dined here a dozen times in the past 5 years and our latest experience was just like the previous ones - perfect!Special Features:
- Great ServiceIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/10/2014It was a great service day even though 13 of us piled in at the last minute.Special Features:
- Very good experienceAaronVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food and service were excellent, but like many Morton's the decor was a little outdated. Steaks were done to perfection. Nice wine list. Overall, very good.Special Features:
- Making In-laws bearableIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/7/2014Travis and Lloyd made what could have been a stressful evening into a great family get together that saw a few toasts, which rarely happens when this group meets. Food was tasty, as always, and I found a new dish to order -- MAC & CHEESESpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food and service. Got to try many dishes. Will go back there again for the same. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionGabbDined on 10/4/2014I went to Morton's for a special dinner with friends. It was perfect to have fantastic food in a quiet place with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arlington Morton'sRickDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed an early Saturday dinner after a matinee at The Kennedy Center. I have dined at the Reston and McLean locations and this restaurant was as excellent as the other two. Our server, Kelly, was outstanding - very nice and attentive to our every need.Special Features:
- More than a jobIrishtiggerVIPDined on 10/3/2014I had a less than stellar last visit to this Morton's BUT the location has proven that they are not just in the foodservice industry but the experience business. My visit was to grab a quick bite and a bottle of wine from my locker but it turned into a visit with fellow "lifers" and a suit cleaning. Earlier, in the day I had the HONOUR of lunch with my daughter who had a PBJ. The peanut butter was transferred to my jacket. Lloyd (GM) took it upon himself to point this out to me (a noted perfectionist in clothing) but also to get it cleaned while I ate. As always, Travis (server/bartender) completes any visit but this time maybe Steve's departure is not the end of the world as I know it in Crystal City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGwenieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our waiter, Rachid, made our evening a real special night by being very attentive to our needs. He was very knowledge about the various selections of the menu and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJJH1Dined on 9/20/2014The food and service was very average but the prices are very high. The number of managers that ask how you like your meal was excessive. My suggestion is that they need more waiters and fewer managers. The atmosphere was ok but it lacked any charm. Given all the great independent restaurants close by in Alexandria you can do better. Or if you really want a steak house, try Bobby Vanns in DC just over the bridge.
- Terrible dining experience.jamrsDined on 9/14/2014In 30 years of loving Morton's, I'm very disappointed with this last experience. Other than ambience, all other categories (food, service, and attention to details) was extremely poor. I would not recommend Morton's until they focus on getting their act together.
- Experience at Morton's Crystal CityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014I did not have a good experience at Morton’s Steakhouse on Sunday, September 14, 2014. However, I contacted the general manager and reviewed in detail. He has offered a resolution to the problem. If that is unsatisfactory, I will contact Landry's. Thanks for your follow up on the dining experiences.
- Wonderful, as alwaysBethVIPDined on 9/13/2014What can I say Morton's? You always get it right! And I don't know how you train your servers, but you have some of the best in the business.Special Features:
- Excellent Service/LunchFoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014My friend and I lunch at Morton's a couple of times a month. We truly enjoy sitting at the bar having our lunch and shooting the breeze with Travis. Travis makes us feel welcome and takes care of all of our needs. Though the food is good the service we get from Travis is why we go back so often.Special Features:
- DinnerFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Great service and we were made to feel special, especially since we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SteakTime2DineDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was terrific; our steaks were outstanding! Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Great!Datenight2Dined on 8/30/2014Went here on a date night with my boyfriend and it was great. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was delicious, especially the green beans (best I've ever had!). The summer deal for $40 couldn't be beat. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerMikeMVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always have a great time at Morton's in Arlington. Food is always great and we are treated like family! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great mealJustineVIPDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed eating out to complete the celebration of my husband's birthday. He enjoyed his food and mine. I would eat here again.Special Features:
- newguyDined on 8/23/2014The lobster bisque was very poor. no taste or lobster. It cost #15.00 I was about to turn it back, but felt bad.
- Lobster Lovers take NoteBimmertimVIPDined on 8/22/2014Last Friday was the semi-annual Lobster Sale with a 2lber going for 34.99. We expected service to be slow but after the craziness of Restaurant Week and Filet Mignon Day the staff is now expert at handling these crowds and our group of ten had a remarkable experience - including six lobsters that were on the high side of 2lbs. Of course those in our party that only eat meat were not disappointed as the Chef is an artist when it comes to steaks & chops. If you have not had the lamb chops butterflied and cajuned you are missing a treat. Not one person at our table was disappointed and our server Travis was on top of every detail. The manager stopped by numerous times to make sure we were happy; not easy given the number of diners there.Special Features:
- Awesome surf and turfCherryBlossomGawkersDined on 8/22/2014We had the 2 lb lobster and peppercorn strip steak recommended by our waiter and shared each. It was awesome. We had twice baked au gratin potatoes which were good but the best side was the spinach and button mushrooms. That side was delicious. We went to Morton's to compare to Ruth's Chris which is our favorite, but we will have to go back to Morton's and get a filet mignon to compare. In all other respects, the two are tied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb food, slight service hiccupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Morton's serves up the best steaks. Period. It is worth every penny. We also indulged in the incredibly amazing Shrimp Alexander, the creamed spinach, and souffle. Everything was perfect, down to the Maitre D greeting us, personalized birthday menus, complimentary dessert of our choice, and food. The only nitpick is a double oops for an "upgrade" butter we ordered. We asked for the foie gras/cognac butter, and twice received the wrong item (and all three were underwhelming). That being said, we will absolutely continue to dine at Morton's around the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mighty have fallenIrishtiggerVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was once one of my favourite locations in Metro DC but with Stephen the manager departing it has fallen out of favor. Chef is still an outstanding master in the kitchen but aside from that everything has dropped. The bartender did not have a clue on how to make a Kentucky Slam or a rocky Basel. She was unable to be creative and make suggestions. It was the first time I left and got home on time.
- Pretty good despite serverPhilipDined on 8/15/2014Our server was nonplussed that we asked for the Restaurant Week menu, and seemed to warn us against ordering items more often than recommending in favor of them, but overall, can't really complain about the experience nor the food. Great steak and everything else.Special Features: