Morton's Grille - The Woodlands
25 Waterway Avenue
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Morton's Grille - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortonsgrille.com/
- Phone: (832) 585-0794
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am-11:30pm, Saturday: 4pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Catering available from menu selections. Please contact Janette Jordan for details.
A word from Morton's Grille - The Woodlands
Thank you for reserving at Morton’s Grille - The Woodlands. We look forward to serving you. Great options for sharing, classic steakhouse fare, inventive hand-crafted cocktails and exceptional service...Casually Elegant, Undeniably Morton's. For special events, private Boardroom information and online reservations, visit our website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Morton's Grille - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Morton's Grille - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (43)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (32)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (30)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Really Dry ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014My filet mignon was quite good, prepared exactly right. But my wife's chicken breast was as dry as shoe leather - not edible. Fortunately I had gotten the larger filet mignon so I could share with her.
- Not bad...OddmoreDined on 11/18/2014First visit to a Morton's Grille. Liked the more casual atmosphere and menu. Service was excellent. Food was a bit disappointing. 6 oz filet was mushy, as if it had been tenderized too much. Bone-in cut, the special was good, but ask price before ordering, it was very pricey. Twice baked au gratin potatoes were a little hard and basically unremarkable. That said, I'd go back and give it another try. Loved the atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- SpringDined on 11/17/2014Excellent happy hour and great bar bites...service was AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $260.00 DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The evening started off great. We ditched our kids with Grandma and thought we would try this visible restaurant in The Woodlands. Very cool looking décor and close to the nightlife. Issues with getting bread, spilling wine when poured, salad was limp and sad, sides not delivered with steak...by the manager, steak was mediocre at best, no steak knives when the steak came, and overall...very unimpressed. We will not be back.Special Features:
- An oasis in the woodsBillygoatgruffDined on 11/7/2014If you are looking for an upscale restaurant and bar different from the usual fare in The Woodlands, Morton's Grille is definitely the place to go. We were there for our anniversary dinner and it was a great dining experience. The service is excellent from the front door to the table. Starting with a tasty shrimp and grits appetizer everything was well prepared. Our steaks were cooked just as we ordered and paired well with the macaroni and cheese. We enjoyed our special night there and plan on making it one of our top "date night" destinations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Enjoyed a round tale for 6 people. One steak was over cooked but immediately rectified and the manager came over for the first cut and bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bechris12Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent service and great Food. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beatSteveDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and service. Only a negative was the excessive up selling. Easy to say no but got a little aggravating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014The Service and hospitality were wonderful!! We chose to share the chopped salad-- plenty, but ordinary, rather blah and wilted... Will try an appetizer next time... However, our entrees of the 6 oz. Filet were wonderful.. I chose the Oscar- style and hubby had Boubon peppercorn.. Au. - gratin potatoes were very yummy and enough to share.. The pecan... Bread- pudding was amazing.. And I don't even like sweets!!! Regular coffee was also quite nice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Grille - DisappointingluvgoodsteakDined on 10/30/2014Loved Morton's Grille the first time we tried it in 2013 for my birthday. This year, not so much. My first steak at MG melted in my mouth so of course, I wanted to go back this year. Steak was chewey, not so great; noise level so loud it was difficult to enjoy a conversation. Plans for my birthday in 2015 - probably NOT Morton's Grille.
- Service/FoodAD22Dined on 10/25/2014Our waiter was AMAZING. He was always on the look out to serve your needs. He took GREAT care of us. Food was delicious!! I have to mention our dessert, the key lime pie. It was divine! (Best one I have ever had). Definitely a five stars restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experiencemingpartyoftwoDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I had a wonderful bottle of wine and our salad was fresh with a great loaf of herb encrusted bread. We absolutely enjoyed our ribeyes cooked to perfection and our side were asparagus and twice baked scalloped potatoes, that were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014not a big fan of music selection but otherwise great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDineFineDined on 10/17/2014The salmon was excellent as was the skirt steak. We shared two dishes and found both wonderful. The shrimp salad was a bit blah. I would try a different one next time. Over all, the food was really good. Our server was very attentive. It is a great place to go as the movie theater is just across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor steak - Badddddd! TimeDigs8686Dined on 10/14/2014$40 dollars for a burnt steak Our other order was in error Too! Special occasion for my sons 18th birthday. Terrible experience and normally I get great food and service. The B team was obviously working that night!!
- First time at Morton's GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014This was my first time at a Morton's Grill. I've been to their full resturants several times in the past. When I arrived, I was met in the lobby with a very loud bar that was in full song. There isn't anything separating the bar from the dining room. I changed out reservations from dining inside to the lovely outside tables. Our server was impeccable. Offering up any specials and recommending to us something we might like. Our appitizser, the truffle french fries arrived hot and wonderful. Our salad was split very nicely between the two of us. And it was a good portions also. For our main we ordered the bone in rib-eye. They both came out with perfect precision and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- AnniversarysteakconnoisseurausDined on 10/4/2014I took my wife her for our anniversary dinner. I would define us as steak lovers. We started with Shrimp Diablo great taste to them. The steaks where cooked perfectly and had excellent taste. My wife added the blue chess butter to hers and I choose the black truffle butter. Both were excellent choices. We also added sides of Jumbo Asparagus and Mashed Potatoes. The only negative thing is we didn't like the sauce they used on the Jumbo Asparagus. I consider this place on par with other high end steak restaurants such as III Forks in Plano. The service was great and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love?AmazingDined on 10/4/2014Great food, excellent service and a wonderful atmosphere. Morton's never disappoints. The more-limited menu of the Grille is a little disappointing--I'd have liked a few more options, especially for appetizers and desserts. But everything I ordered was scrumptious. I got a grilled flank steak with chimmichurri sauce and frites. The BEST fries I've ever had--thin, crispy and perfect. I know you don't go to a place like this for fries but these might be worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodUsingPointsDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were very good. The one thing lacking is a more expansive appetizer menu. Also wish they would turn the music down.Special Features:
- Great addition to The WoodlandsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent steak and exceptional service.....just what you would expect from Morton's, they did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Mysticcat4Dined on 9/25/2014We had a birthday party there and the staff was incredible!! The food was awesome. I ordered flowers thru open table and they were perfect!! We ,6 of us, will definitely be back for future birthdays!!! Besides excellent food they took a picture of all and gave it to the birthday girl!! A remarkable day!!! Also got to use my Landrys card!!!Special Features:
- serviceGuestDined on 9/24/2014When we had dinner at Mortons it took more than one hour to get asked from the waiter what we want, and this only because we had enough from waiting and we got proactive ..no water offered, no drinks, no menu for food. This isn't what you would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedWAFcriticDined on 9/20/2014The food was good but I was most impressed with the staff. It was my birthday. Not only did they give me a free dessert but they took our picture and put it into a birthday card signed by all the staff. Regarding the service, the management checked on us a bit more than the waiter did but it was still goodSpecial Features:
- Great food, and tasting house wineMMJJDined on 9/19/2014GReat food, and very tasting house wine. Sure I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic!dm1015Dined on 9/18/2014I took my daughter to Morton's for a special dinner for her 18th Birthday. It was absolutely wonderful! Terrific food and service! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineTimtodinDined on 9/13/2014Very nice ambiance, Wait staff was attentive and personal, we did not feel rushed in ordering or eating, the food was nicely served and was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceMMJJDined on 9/12/2014I went there hosting a late business lunch, and my invitees left very and absolutely satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodSws1jctDined on 9/6/2014We have dined here several times now. The food is always great with a nice selection. Good drinks... The wait staff is the best. This past weekend we had Seth waiting on us. What a great young man. The management does a great job in training the staff. They are friendly, knowledgeable and there when you need them. The managers go around to make sure all is ok and to help when needed. Definitely a go to place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasion diningAdventurousDinerDined on 9/6/2014We chose Morton's for a family birthday dinner and were pleased with everything from the menus with the Happy Birthday script at the top to the complimentary group photo. All of our menu choices were spot on. We will remember Morton's for future celebrations.Special Features:
- Loved my lunch at Morton's Grille.RealfoodieDined on 9/5/2014My visit this time was with a friend from Houston. She enjoys a place where the food is good an must have elegant ambience. Morton Grille delivers on both. The Resturant is beautiful. The staff was very attentive. With all there is to offer in the Houston Market, Morton's Grille can definitely compete. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014We are not all that picky about our meat but our steaks were very overcooked.
- GREAT ANNIVERSARYTeemasonVIPDined on 9/1/2014THE MENU HAD PERSONAL TOUCH WITH A ANNIVERSARY MESSAGE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodAmandaDined on 9/1/2014The food was fantastic and I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Morton'sluv2eatDined on 9/1/2014When I asked for restaurant week menu the waiter had to ask the manager first. She wasn't pleasant after we ordered from the restaurant menu. I had to ask twice for a ice tea. I had the pork sliders and it was ok. The food was acceptable but not good. I thought Morton's was one of the nicer restaurant to go to with nice ambiance, service, and food but I was wrong. When I ate my fries they were crispy but as you eat towards the middle they were soggy. By that time it was too late to complain about my fries. I thought the fries were soggy because maybe I took to long to eat them but my other 2 friends fries were crispy. Usually when you eat at a restaurant the wait staff would come ask how is the food but the waitress never asked us.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Was not impressed. The chopped salad looked minced it was cut so small and it wasn't crisp. It seemed limp. I had one giant blue cheese ball in my portion and my husband had none. I can say that my "dirty" pork chop was excellent, a 2 boned cajun spiced delight. My husband's cajun spiced ribeye ($40) on the other hand had no marbling of a ribeye and had more of the texture of a strip steak. For marinating over 20 hours, it was a little tough. We did enjoy the bread pudding. The service wasn't exactly attentive and the restaurant was not that busy. Nothing came out quickly, not our drinks or our food. For the $180 price tag for two people, I wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- food was inaccurate and room tempgapgirlletDined on 8/31/2014this is the third time i have dined here and the service along with the food were not exceptional for a steak place, food was not hot at all just room temp and steak looked like it had been sitting for a while, love the atmosphere and bar and outside area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service, very nice atmosphere, close to home - just what we are looking for.Special Features:
- Wine needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wines BTG are boring for a restaurant of that stature. Needs work badly. Bor-ing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our lunchSusanfromTXDined on 8/25/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday with lunch at Morton's. Food and service exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Good!MaryjomDined on 8/24/2014From the greeting from the host to the service, to the food, an overall good experience. My husband and I tried Morton's Grill for Houston Restaurant Weeks with our son, his wife, and their two teenage children and it was not a disappointment. We're pleased to help them help the Houston Food Bank and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.