Morton's Grille - The Woodlands
25 Waterway Avenue
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Morton's Grille - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortonsgrille.com/
- Phone: 8325850794x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am-11:30pm, Saturday: 4pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Catering available from menu selections. Please contact Janette Jordan for details.
A word from Morton's Grille - The Woodlands
Thank you for reserving at Morton’s Grille - The Woodlands. We look forward to serving you. Great options for sharing, classic steakhouse fare, inventive hand-crafted cocktails and exceptional service...Casually Elegant, Undeniably Morton's. For special events, private Boardroom information and online reservations, visit our website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Morton's Grille - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Morton's Grille - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (41)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (40)notable wine list (35)great for lunch (30)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (9)Show More
- Very goodUsingPointsDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were very good. The one thing lacking is a more expansive appetizer menu. Also wish they would turn the music down.Special Features:
- Great addition to The WoodlandsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent steak and exceptional service.....just what you would expect from Morton's, they did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Mysticcat4Dined on 9/25/2014We had a birthday party there and the staff was incredible!! The food was awesome. I ordered flowers thru open table and they were perfect!! We ,6 of us, will definitely be back for future birthdays!!! Besides excellent food they took a picture of all and gave it to the birthday girl!! A remarkable day!!! Also got to use my Landrys card!!!Special Features:
- serviceGuestDined on 9/24/2014When we had dinner at Mortons it took more than one hour to get asked from the waiter what we want, and this only because we had enough from waiting and we got proactive ..no water offered, no drinks, no menu for food. This isn't what you would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedWAFcriticDined on 9/20/2014The food was good but I was most impressed with the staff. It was my birthday. Not only did they give me a free dessert but they took our picture and put it into a birthday card signed by all the staff. Regarding the service, the management checked on us a bit more than the waiter did but it was still goodSpecial Features:
- Great food, and tasting house wineMMJJDined on 9/19/2014GReat food, and very tasting house wine. Sure I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic!dm1015Dined on 9/18/2014I took my daughter to Morton's for a special dinner for her 18th Birthday. It was absolutely wonderful! Terrific food and service! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineTimtodinDined on 9/13/2014Very nice ambiance, Wait staff was attentive and personal, we did not feel rushed in ordering or eating, the food was nicely served and was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceMMJJDined on 9/12/2014I went there hosting a late business lunch, and my invitees left very and absolutely satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodSws1jctDined on 9/6/2014We have dined here several times now. The food is always great with a nice selection. Good drinks... The wait staff is the best. This past weekend we had Seth waiting on us. What a great young man. The management does a great job in training the staff. They are friendly, knowledgeable and there when you need them. The managers go around to make sure all is ok and to help when needed. Definitely a go to place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasion diningAdventurousDinerDined on 9/6/2014We chose Morton's for a family birthday dinner and were pleased with everything from the menus with the Happy Birthday script at the top to the complimentary group photo. All of our menu choices were spot on. We will remember Morton's for future celebrations.Special Features:
- Loved my lunch at Morton's Grille.RealfoodieDined on 9/5/2014My visit this time was with a friend from Houston. She enjoys a place where the food is good an must have elegant ambience. Morton Grille delivers on both. The Resturant is beautiful. The staff was very attentive. With all there is to offer in the Houston Market, Morton's Grille can definitely compete. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014We are not all that picky about our meat but our steaks were very overcooked.
- GREAT ANNIVERSARYTeemasonVIPDined on 9/1/2014THE MENU HAD PERSONAL TOUCH WITH A ANNIVERSARY MESSAGE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodAmandaDined on 9/1/2014The food was fantastic and I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Morton'sluv2eatDined on 9/1/2014When I asked for restaurant week menu the waiter had to ask the manager first. She wasn't pleasant after we ordered from the restaurant menu. I had to ask twice for a ice tea. I had the pork sliders and it was ok. The food was acceptable but not good. I thought Morton's was one of the nicer restaurant to go to with nice ambiance, service, and food but I was wrong. When I ate my fries they were crispy but as you eat towards the middle they were soggy. By that time it was too late to complain about my fries. I thought the fries were soggy because maybe I took to long to eat them but my other 2 friends fries were crispy. Usually when you eat at a restaurant the wait staff would come ask how is the food but the waitress never asked us.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Was not impressed. The chopped salad looked minced it was cut so small and it wasn't crisp. It seemed limp. I had one giant blue cheese ball in my portion and my husband had none. I can say that my "dirty" pork chop was excellent, a 2 boned cajun spiced delight. My husband's cajun spiced ribeye ($40) on the other hand had no marbling of a ribeye and had more of the texture of a strip steak. For marinating over 20 hours, it was a little tough. We did enjoy the bread pudding. The service wasn't exactly attentive and the restaurant was not that busy. Nothing came out quickly, not our drinks or our food. For the $180 price tag for two people, I wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- food was inaccurate and room tempgapgirlletDined on 8/31/2014this is the third time i have dined here and the service along with the food were not exceptional for a steak place, food was not hot at all just room temp and steak looked like it had been sitting for a while, love the atmosphere and bar and outside area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service, very nice atmosphere, close to home - just what we are looking for.Special Features:
- Wine needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wines BTG are boring for a restaurant of that stature. Needs work badly. Bor-ing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our lunchSusanfromTXDined on 8/25/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday with lunch at Morton's. Food and service exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Good!MaryjomDined on 8/24/2014From the greeting from the host to the service, to the food, an overall good experience. My husband and I tried Morton's Grill for Houston Restaurant Weeks with our son, his wife, and their two teenage children and it was not a disappointment. We're pleased to help them help the Houston Food Bank and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationDollymomaDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at this mortons. The first time we had to adjust to a complete different atmosphere than the regular Mortons. Televisions and higher noise level. The food was very good and love the waterway location. Celebrated my daughters 25th birthday. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what IS medium rareFifiDined on 8/23/20144 of us, 1 dinner served as ordered - two steaks were ordered medium and served well, one salmon ordered medium rare -served first well done, then remake was raw, then third one was medium to medium well. OK they comped my dinner but ruined our experience. So sad. For the price and with so many places to choose from we will not be returningSpecial Features:
- I was hoping for something nicer.luvtodine2Dined on 8/22/2014It was ok. The french onion soup had a funny taste and there was very little sauerkraut on the rueben, my steak was very good but the oscar topping was ok, I wouldn't get it again. The service was fair not great like what you would expect at a Morton's. The Margarite flatbread was good but the regular bread ok. Our waiter forgot the broccoli side dish so we didn't have a side. Our dessert was a coffee drink which was very good. All in all it was ok but I won't be back.Special Features:
- Just OkayVWGTODined on 8/22/2014Good service. Overpriced expense account destination.
- Morton's grille conceptMJCreightonVIPDined on 8/21/2014This concept is great. Much more fun with the menu and the interior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NardDined on 8/21/2014We did the Houston Restaurant Week lunch. Fantastic! Will go back !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was great, but not for the price. My husband and I ordered from the restaurant week menu so we spent less than normal and we still felt that, for the price, we wouldn't return very often for a steak and drinks we could get just as good at a cheaper venue. However, service was fantastic and the restaurant was quiet and had a dimly lit, intimate feel. (We went to dinner at 7:15 on a Wednesday night)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and had an amazing time.AJDGDined on 8/16/2014We normally eat at Perry's but decided to give Morton's a try for Houston Restaurant Week. The service, food, and atmosphere was great. They also are a part of Landry's Reward Club so that was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashdiningallthatDined on 8/16/2014Food was great, however our dining experience this time was somewhat off. Service slow and had to ask for simple things like bread, another round of beverages and utensils. Noise level high, during meal; difficult to hear what each other was saying. A larger bar area for pre-dinner drinks would be a great improvement.Special Features:
- First timeHotrodDined on 8/16/2014First time dinning here. Loved it. Service was great. Steak was cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weeks LunchTXseniorsDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Morton's and we were all very pleased. Our server Maria was attentive and took care of our needs. We all chose our lunch from the Restaurant Weeks menu and all were very happy. The food was beautifully presented and well seasoned. We all brought food home with us to enjoy later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014As always the food was amazing. Highly recommend the Texas Redfish, the filet mignon with blue cheese butter and the Smokey Joe's mac n' cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Had the Houston Restaurant Week menu and it was delicious. Only issue was that we had food leftover to go and had trouble getting it packaged for food to go! But the food is so good, having leftovers should not happen very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingcandaDined on 8/9/2014My wife, another couple, and myself went as part of restaurant weeks. We all ordered drinks, and additional appetizers and a topping for our steak. In the reservation I noted that it was my wife's birthday. Despite us reminding the staff twice, no mention was made. The restaurant was loud, which I kind of expected. The service was poor; inattentive, inefficient, and seemingly inexperienced. Simple things like removing wine glasses for people not drinking wine, removing the empty cocktail glasses when bring out another, and bringing out new silverware when there is none for the next course. Simple things you expect from a higher end restaurant, but we received service more like Chili's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Great place to celebrate an anniversary and birthday. Free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good serviceluvmytriDined on 8/9/2014The food was good, but not fantastic. The service was very good. Drinks from the bar were very tasty, but was disappointed with small bar area. Not really a place to gather with friends at the bar. Pretty noisy atmosphere, and tables are pretty close together. Overall it was a nice experience, but again, nothing outstanding or noteworthy.
- Great ServiceTexasTea79Dined on 8/9/2014The manager and my waiter offered fantastic service. The manger greeted us when we arrived, learned that it was my dad's birthday and ensured that he had a memorable evening. My steak was good, the au gratin potatoes were fantastic and the peanut butter dish was delicious.Special Features:
- Will NOT recommendTitaDined on 8/8/2014the partial food that I ate was excellent. Had the worst waiter (David)in my life. TAco bell can offer better service. Manager noticed that I was not being help and came to issue matter. I could see he was doing an excellent job but my waiter was the worst. Service took for ever that we had to ask to pack our lunch since I had to go back to work and he didn't pack the french fries and when I told him he told me he would get me some. When I got home there were a few fries that looked that were somebodys left over. I thru away the whole lunch because I was afraid he did something bad