9014 Peacock Hill Ave
Gig Harbor, WA 98332Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.morsowinebar.com/
- Phone: 2535303463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call us for off site catering options as we do these to customer specifications.
- Private Party Facilities: Morso has a separate private dining space in our Gallery. We can accommodate up to 26 guests in a variety of seating configurations tailored to your event.
- Private Party Contact: Steve 2535303463
- Entertainment: Morso is an intimate listening room style venue where the performers and audience share a unique experience. Morso concerts are all about the music where touring artists enjoy playing and the audience appreciates great original music. Please see our website for our upcoming performances and call for tickets.
A word from Morso
Since we opened, Morso has been voted the best wine bar in Gig Harbor each year. With our pictureque waterfront view of Gig Harbor Bay, Morso is that comfortable neighborhood place to enjoy lunch, gather for Happy Hour, stay for dinner or hold a business meeting. Our menu selections are inspired and influenced by cuisines of the world along with wines from around the world and right in our backyard. Out on the town, on your way home from work or just catching up with friends, stop in, you’ll never feel out of place. 21+ guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Morso - Best Restaurants in Gig Harbor ›
Morso reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (10)special occasion (10)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Go to spot.FrazierDined on 10/18/2014This is a 21+ only wine bar with great food fun atmosphere and lots going on. They have featured artist, authors, wine tasting, featured foods and many more events going all the time. So pair the great food fun atmosphere and the constant activities and that makes it our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, noisy and raucousRainerDined on 9/26/2014Won't be back for dinner. Parking a nuisance. Reservation system online is great, too bad the rest didn't measure up. $$$$ expensive.Special Features:
- Oktoberfest SaturdayMBH31Dined on 9/20/2014Too bad more people didn't come out for the Ayinger beer tasting. We enjoyed it, and the Brew plate lunch special was great--one of the best German potato salads I've ever tasted, and the mustard sauce for the bratwurst was great. I always enjoy Sauerbraten.Special Features:
- Luke warmPerfectDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I ordered the halibut. When it arrived both our fish was just slightly warm, the potatos & vegetables were hot! I think our fish was left waiting for the rest of the meal to cook. I will give this place another try on our next visit to Gig Harbor, it was a very nice restaurant with a great view & very good service.Special Features:
- Gig Harbor Gemmcd51Dined on 9/12/2014Wonderful weather, food, and service! When you're in this beautiful town, give Morso a try, ... you'll not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Gig HarborHarborbabeDined on 8/29/2014Love this local Wine Bar - Interesting menu ~ offers lighter food fare or larger meals. The food is very good. Service is excellent, attentive, friendly, customer service oriented staff. Beautiful view of Gig Harbor and when weather permits they have a lovely outdoor area for dining. Our go to spot for dining.Special Features:
- OutstandingMalacDined on 8/12/2014Morso's is a real gem. It has gret food - small plates as well as more substantial, but nothing ostentatious. The wine list is superb and their special meals paired with excellent wines are delightful. I am already looking forward to the carroulet this winter. Last year they ran out the night I went - worth going early in the season. The view on the terrace is terrific and the interior is friendly, but not ostentatious. This charming place is a great addition to Gig Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food and wine menu was great both. The wine recommended by the server was fantastic with the food we ordered. Great ambience and view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeJeffjohnDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful night and enjoyed a great set of appetizers and dessert! The wine was amazong and the list to choose from was very large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place more every time.IMAFOODIEDined on 7/31/2014We were celebrating birthdays and took family members to Morso. They were totally impressed with the service and the food. We were able to snag a table on the deck and enjoyed the amazing view along with our meal. Morso is our go to restaurant in Gig Harbor and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/20/2014We sat out on the deck overlooking the harbor. It was perfect 72 degrees out, the food and wine were great. I had squash ravioli and husband had the flatbread, we also had Brie for appetizer which was so yummy. Locals sat on either side of us, you know how good a place is that the locals go there for special dinner.Special Features:
- Good news in Gig HarborNail56Dined on 7/12/2014We picked Morso from a Trip Advisor rating and we're glad we did. Our waitress wasn't a novice and brought a special ambiance to the meal -- not to mention the $80 Chardonnay we splurged on. We all ate different dishes but the ratings (between munches and chomps) were all the same: great. I didn't record others' items but I had a light meal of the steak salad -- the spicy treatment of the steak made the evening. That and no hurrying of the diners made the evening. Our party ranged from 24 to 94 and all enjoyed the meal, all expressing surprise to find this in Gig Harbor. We marked it down in our minds as a "special event" spot for the future. The restaurant isn't huge, so if you have a truly large party this might not work.Special Features:
- HorribleTessietVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was cold, overcooked, too spicy,very small portions for the cost, management did comp our meals. We waited over an hour after we ordered to get the food!
- The following 89 reviews are from the Morso reviews archive.
- Delicioso!GigHarborNewbyDined on 6/21/2014Beautiful view! We started with the baked brie. THAT was good! Then we shared a beet salad that was also very tasty. I had the Barolo braised beef that was out of this world. Very good. My friend had the copper river salmon that was also prepared very well. Our waiter was very pleasant and took care of us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome dinnerMJMArtDined on 6/21/2014WOW! That baked brie is to die for! Every meal we've had there (several) has been beyond exceptional. It's the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or meet friends. The view is incredible. What a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food, wine and serviceLynniemacDined on 6/20/2014We booked a table at Morso to celebrate my husband's retirement. The early evening was awash with sunshine. Every aspect of the meal was perfect. The lovely view of the harbor was exquisite. Equally noteworthy was every course we ordered from appetizer through dessert. The only downside to the location was the noisy atmosphere. We will return to this fine establishment for all it has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morso - not so greatDineOutQueenDined on 6/3/2014The butternut squash raviolis I had would probably been ok, but they were smothered in a pungent guyere cheese sauce, which absolutely obliterated their subtle taste. The walnut & chicken salad, although very small portion, was excellent. My husband had a clam & fish dish that he said was "oddly" spiced. I didn't try it - but we went elsewhere for our dessert. Since this was for our 36th wedding anniversary, needless to say, we were extremely disappointed. We won't be returning. The one bright spot was our waiter, who was truly fantastic, bringing a sample sauce for my husband to try in case it was too spicy (it was) so that saved him ordering a dish he couldn't have eaten.Special Features:
- Always the Bestfarr76Dined on 6/3/2014I have dined her often with friends and we have always had excellent service and the food is always wonderful. The happy hour is good and they offer seasonal changes on their food items which I really like.Special Features:
- Morso on the HarborFlossieDined on 5/30/2014Very lively with a superb wine list. The food is the best in Gig Harbor, no exceptions. The view cannot be beat. Try Steve's Cheese.Special Features:
- Excellent fresh fishwoodchuckDined on 5/29/2014We had dinner at Morso a couple of days ago during an overnight stay in Gig Harbor. We both had fish, which was prepared with care and expertise. The service was excellent without being intrusive. We took advantage of the outdoor seating although it was a bit cool, and were rewarded with a delightful view of the harbor. Prices were in line with the quality of the place, so Morso would be in the occasional or "special treat" category for us if we lived in the area.Special Features:
- MKwinenfoodDined on 5/24/2014We have been to MORSO a number of times, it never disappoints. This time we went to hear live jazz and celebrate my husband's birthday. Wonderful evening, food delicious as always, jazz fabulous and service terrific. Always start with their baked brie, yummy. Wine list is outstanding, smaller portions then other restaurants, but price reflects this as reasonable and always leave full. Where else could you get a perfect filet mignon for $25 !Special Features:
- Fantastic!ShawDined on 5/24/2014Morso never disappoints! Great food, good wine list, wonderful service and view. Had a wonderful date night with my husband and enjoyed everything about our experience.Special Features:
- Definitely will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014We had such a great experience. We visited for my wife's birthday dinner, twice I called to change my reservations, and the staff at Morso were so accommodating. The food was great. Our waiter was great. Overall, I would definitely recommend Morso to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morso is very mych so!jkreeseDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I made last minute reservations on Friday night to have dinner at Morso. We arrived a few minutes late since we were driving from Bremerton. They sat us a table right next to the big windows so we could take in the scenic harbor view, which was awesome. Our waitress Laura never missed a beat. She was very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable about the wines and menu. Her service was prompt, complete and always with a smile. My wife had the ribeye special and I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli - both were prepared perfectly and tasted oh so good. Laura suggested a wine for us that was also perfect. We think we have another top favorite in Morso. We will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Laura was awesome! We sat outside and she turned the heaters on, had great suggestions for apps and wine and gave great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste TreatOilonH2ODined on 5/18/2014Savory, salty, sweet flavors are all well captured in sauces and ravioli filling. Adequate portions and prompt service make an inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gig Harbor GemMikePDined on 5/14/2014Birthday celebration for my wife and everything about Morso was absolutely perfect. This was our first time there and we have definitely placed Morso at the top of our list for dining anywhere in the area. Met the owner who was delightful. One of our favorite all time dining spots, ever. The wait staff was attentive and professional. Can't say enough great things about Morso. Mike P, 5/14/14.Special Features:
- Open Table saves me againVeegerDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day. Out of town. Bride and Mother-in-law. Ruh-roh. Picked mid afternoon. Lot's of reservation time slots--can this be good? What am I missing? Got there, only a few other diners there. (Yaay for not picking noon!) Immediately acknowledged our reservation, seated us great service. Good food. The MIL loved the background music and was singing along quietly with a contented smile on her face. Wine was good! (MIL also happy!) Mussels and other food was good. Everyone enjoyed what they had, no room for dessert. Definitely worth four stars and would go back again--as would my Bride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful place!YumYumDined on 5/2/2014We fought the traffic down on Friday night and it was well worth it! They had a Cinco de Mayo menu, which included a wonderful shrimp-stuffed chile relleno, great tostadas, and spicy pozole. We also had the Barolo braised beef (my husband's favorite) and a nice cod meuniere. It was all delicious--as we've come to expect from Morso. The service was great and so were the wines! I just wish we lived closer to Morso. We would be regulars. ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time.BaddadDined on 4/25/2014Food was really good. a good wine list. wait staff very knowledgeable on wines.will going back to try different wines and foods. Nice setting looking out at Gig harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service & cuisineLavendargirlDined on 4/25/2014Went for our Anniversary and were greeted with a free glass of champagne. Our dinner was delicious and the wine recommendations were spot on. Great view table on a very busy night. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morso is a favorite local placeMikeyLikesItDined on 4/22/2014My wife and I enjoy Morso mostly when we can combine dinner with their (numerous) entertainment events - dinner first and then the show. My daughter is a wine-lover and I love our occasional father-daughter dates at Morso - especially on a Sunday where she can introduce me to some expensive wines on the Sunday $5.00 clearance list. We treasure our time together at Morso. And when the crowd-noise-level permits, Steve has some really good tunes that play most of the day and night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Morso's offers seasonal specials. Right now featuring asparagus which we had in a flatbread appetizer. Entree special is BBQ ribs, Kansas City style - Yum Yum! They will have a different style BBQ for the next several weeks. The last time they did this we went nearly every week and were never disappointed. We frequently join their Friday night wine tastings. The menu offers "little plates" for dining but there is plenty of great food to satisfy your hunger. Our favorite regular main dish is the Braised Beef - rich flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mom's night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014The wine list was great, food was delicious and the bartender was so helpful! You can't beat the view either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightShawDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night here. Food was great. Staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- becoming a habitlocaliteDined on 3/14/2014lovely neighborhood spot near home with ambiance, views, great servers, esp Charity, and a great time to catch up with neighbors and friends. Lifts my mood, makes me focus my hearing (as its loud and jumping on a Friday night at Happy Hour) and enjoy delicious bites of varying sizes. Just tried the steak salad and it was just the right size. Of course wine selection goes without saying. Fun to try new wines and wineries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good romantic dinnerRichDined on 2/14/2014The food was great. The service was okay but could have been more prompt at the beginning of the evening. The wine and beer list was extensive but our server was not very knowledgable about the wine selections. This was the biggest letdown for a place touted as a " wine bar". The servers should be the experts on the establishment's wine selections, either red or white.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencewsmcbrcDined on 2/14/2014Morso is a very small yet very quaint restaurant with one of the largest wine selections in the area (if not the state). The ambiance is nice and the service was great. The food was great too. I would recommend going during the day when there is nice weather as they have a great outdoor seating area with wonderful views of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to wine aboutFeedTheBeastDined on 2/14/2014We visited on a busy Valentine's evening. We were seated in the art gallery and enjoyed the experience tremendously. We tried scallops, which were delicate and wonderfull. We also had lamp lollipops which tasted great. The wine went perfect with our meal. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. We will come here again.Special Features:
- Morso does not disappoint...againagatorDined on 2/14/2014My second dining experience and it was just as wonderful as the first. Service was fabulous, food was fantastic...couldn't ask for a better Valentine's Day dinner. It didn't hurt either we were there with another great couple for company. We appreciated the table by the window as well. It was worth waiting for (we got seated a bit later than our reservation time). Can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer and we can sit outside to enjoy the beautiful view. Well done Morso. We'll be back!Special Features: