Morris Tap and Grill
500 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Morris Tap and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://morristapandgrill.com/
- Phone: 9738911776x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 12-10
Friday and Saturday 12-11
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Eric LeVine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Any catering questions, please call 973-891-1776.
- Private Party Facilities: We have plenty of room and we want to share it! Contact Casey to book any of your events: birthdays, bridal & baby showers, rehearsal dinners, retirements, or a cocktail party in our bar or tree room. Packages are available.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Labate 8779304382
A word from Morris Tap and Grill
The Morris Tap & Grill (MTG) is a place designed to provide friends and families a place to enjoy great food and special times. Our new chef, Food Networks' "Chopped Champion" Eric LeVine and his culinary team are excited to bring to you a menu sure to be the most unique around and by far the best. Not to be out-done, our acclaimed beer menu will always offer you the latest in hand-crafted beers. Beer isn't your thing?? Try one of our signature cocktails or one of our 14 wines by the glass. Our Happy Hour and bar specials are not to be missed.. Mon - Friday, 4pm-7pm, enjoy $4 select craft beers. Select wines by the glass are $6 and select martinis are $5! Tuesday..select pints are half price!!! Thursdays, Happy hour never stops!! Happy Hour till we close! Make sure you like on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with our many happenings: Cooking Classes, Kitchen Bar, Cuisine and Brew Clubs as well as many other events we come up with every day!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morris Tap and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (23)hot spot (20)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Night outCaprioDined on 9/27/20141st time dining here and was very pleased. Appetizer was very good-Fried Calamari and entrees were very good also. Their menu has interesting selections. We will definitely go back to try some other choices. The bar was very busy, and would like to sit at the bar the next time. They have entertainment, which is a plus for us. All and all great night!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, excellent beer menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- great food, great serviceMaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Can never go wrong here. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first time experience!MeganLeighDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try MT&G for months as our friends are regulars and friendly with Chef Eric. We were pleasantly surprised by the great service, food and, most importantly, the extensive beer list. We have been looking for a good ginger beer and they had an incredible one from the UK. We are going back just for that beer alone! Our server was very helpful and attentive and our dinners were served right away. Both our dinners were very good and the dessert (peanut butter brownie sundae with salted caramel gelato) was fantastic. Chef Eric even greeted all the guests at their tables. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentluvagoodmealVIPDined on 9/6/2014They give you delicious chips and a sauce . I had the ribs and my partner had the pork chop both delicious . Also had the Kane beer. Which was great . The fries were yummy. Everything was cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite!!NathalieDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Morris Tap and Grill many times for both lunch and dinner. It never disappoints! The fried calamari is some of the best we've ever had. Delicious fig and Gorgonzola flatbread. My husband had the half chicken. It was moist and perfectly seasoned. I had the Chef Eric special Basa with mozzarella fish with broccoli. It was so delicious, that though I was so full from the apps, I ate it all!! Our server Sebastian was friendly, and attentive. Chef Eric always comes out of the kitchen to greet his diners. We highly recommend Morris Tap and Grill! Make sure you make a reservation on Friday and Saturday night if you don't want to wait a long time! Then Enjoy!!Special Features:
- All Hail Chef EricMaps1102Dined on 9/5/2014My husband & I went here on a whim when it first reopened & heard that a Chopped Champion was the new executive chef. Fell in love with the food. We have brought so many people back with us & suggest it to anyone that asked. Out of everything we have ever order, & my husband doesn't like to eat the same thing twice, there hasn't been one dish that wasn't delish! Everything is cooked to perfection & any little requests (sauce of the side, no mayo, extra veggies, bacon tacos) has been done without any complaints. And the fact that Chef Eric takes the time to come out & talk to you & make sure that you enjoyed everything is just one more little thing that goes a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experienceDavidAlexanderDined on 9/1/2014This was my second time coming here and I am very pleased. Fish tacos were delicious. Fried calamari was the best I ever had. Good service, my only complaint was that it took too long for dessert and the check. Total time there was 2 hours which is a bit slow for courses in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Beerray7746Dined on 8/30/2014Decided to come to the Morris Tap and Grill for the extensive list of beers they always have on tap and was great as usual! The buffalo chicken dip is always a winner for an appetizer and the specials on the menu were great as well! Our server took the time to tell us what food options would pair best with the beers that we selected as well.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter Guiseppe was very attentive and friendly. He made out dining experience extra special!! Food was very good. We did not stay late, but what we heard of the musicians was very good too!!Special Features:
- Good as usual, but ....jcziiVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I really like this restaurant, and usually bring our adult children when they are available. The food is creative and tasty. We are going to not come as often as we have, as it is pricey. The service also constantly tries to sell. Asking for more expensive drinks, additional appetizer, desserts, espresso. I feel like they are trying to hard to sell and the bill is always higher than I want to spend for such a place.Special Features:
- Tabor Tavern "light"GumboGalDined on 8/19/2014Traveling west on Route 10 around dinner hour has prevented our visits for years. So, at the end of August, one has a chance of getting to MTG from Parsippany Morristown area in a reasonable amount if time. The atmosphere reflects strongly on the overall experience. A Home Goods decked out middle class Denny's diner. Everything (food, service) was ok. The bar area was full of young people, filling a void in this neighborhood. They have quite an extensive beer menu. A good place to meet east & west Morris County friends when there's no traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014food quality has dropped recently, used to be better. I will avoid it for a while. There are plenty of places to go that have better food and good beerSpecial Features:
- Great time.YummYumDined on 8/8/2014Although prices were on the high side, the food was great! Two beers I was looking to try were also not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadarIrishInnsDined on 8/5/2014The food was fantastic, with a menu that changes by the season. The beer list is extensive. I go there often and is one of my favorite eateries.Special Features:
- Great food and brews!njfoodieDined on 8/3/2014Vegan and vegetarian friendly menu. Excellent and ever changing variety of craft beers on tap. Flights of beer and whiskey available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time and very enjoyable. My husband loved the extensive beer menu, especially the IPA week specials. We had the deconstructed caesar (nothing special), the short ribs pappardelle and the pork slab mac and cheese. Our entrees were excellent and piping hot. The desserts looked and sounded amazing but we didn't get any. The house made chips were a little over seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here...will be back!LisaandAlDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time here at MTG, recommended to us by 3 different people. They were right! Food was excellent, different dishes than your ordinary restaurant. Extensive craft beer menu and very decadent desserts. When we pulled in, the parking lot was packed. That's always a good sign of a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always On PointAimeeL911Dined on 8/1/2014We love to go to Morris Tap and Grill for "date night". The food is always on point and the ever-changing beer list is amazing. As a couple, we love to try new things but its hard for us to stray from getting something with Chef Eric's short ribs in them because they are that good.Special Features:
- Love this place!morristownguyDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten there three times in the last few weeks after being introduced to it by a friend. Chef Eric is creative and very personable. Giuseppe is our favorite waiter. Burger and wings were great. Especially like the flatbread and fish taco. We hope to return many times. Amazing beer selectionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Went for my wife's birthday and it was a very pleasant surprise. Would love to see more of a wine list, but the beer choices are awesome and the food was even better. Three Generations were at dinner and all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnercarolVIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was very busy. The menu offers many options from burgers to entrees like Salmon. I was very pleased with the salad selections which included a deconstructed ceasar. The bar menu was good and one family member ordered a flight of bourbon for tasting,which was fun. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentScottyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Nice variety with interesting twists. Chef clearly took time to think the menu thru. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersAshesDined on 7/14/2014I've been to MTG many times, but I took two friends who have never been. They both absolutely loved everything about MTG!! They also especially greatly appreciated our server - they raved about how wonderful and helpful he was. Both can't wait to return to explore everything on the menu - the one said she was simply blown away with the presentation alone of everything! Thanks for a great night; once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MTGAshesDined on 7/5/2014Had a fantastic dinner - 2 of us had the special citrus marinated pork chop which was simply delicious!! Also had the Italian ravioli's and the southwest burger - all enjoyed their meals (and drinks of sangria too!!) We had a great waiter/server like always! We love MTG - have never walked out disappointed; always leave bragging about meal days later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMrsSDined on 7/3/2014MT&G is consistently an overall great experience. The atmosphere is friendly, the chef walks around and says hi to people every time I am there and the food is always great!Special Features:
- Great Craft Beer SelectionCraftBeerFan18Dined on 6/28/2014I've been here a few times now and the food is very good and I like the seasonal menu offerings. The craft beer list, which is mostly on tap, is great. I always have a flight or two of the beer offerings. I recommend it for anyone looking for a fun time, good food, and wide selection of craft beer.Special Features:
- newexperienceDined on 6/28/2014It's an attractive restaurant and the food was unique and very flavorful. The service was very good with a knowledgeable waitress who was friendly yet not intrusive. Our food came out very quickly and was hot and delicious. The Chef himself came to our table to ask how things tasted and if we were enjoying our dinner. My husband and father-in-law enjoy different kinds of beer so there were many to choose from for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good-different, without being weirdglorgirlDined on 6/14/2014Lots of enticing items on the menu which will require us to return to Morris Tap & Grill to try them. Ditto for the beer listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugely disappointing!AvidFoodieDined on 6/11/2014Went for a belated wedding anniversary dinner. We have seen the restaurant traveling between work and home, we were excited to try. Loved the "Open table" booking. The atmosphere was like a random food stopover point somewhere on a long road trip. Food was fair to good, but for the prices being charged we expected MUCH better. "Dry" sums up the food! The flatbread appetizer, the chicken roulade, the bread pudding all lacking moisture. The shrimp and crab meat bites were really nice. The mustard brisket sandwich was excessively over-sauced! The free chips over seasoned. The bread pudding was burnt on the bottom. We are still talking about our experience, but not as might be wished. We plan a "do-over" on the anniversary meal ....elsewhere!Special Features:
- You call that service????EsqbabyVIPDined on 6/7/2014After reading all these reviews - we thought we would give it a shot. Food - eh...service - not so great. Our food was definitely forgotten - in fact sat under a heat lamp for way too long. A medium hamburger - their special "baconeater" that could "never come back as anything but medium" (according to the waiter) - came back TWICE like a hockey puck. When I had the manager come over - she said she would speak to the kitchen and that was all we saw or heard from her. No apologies, no can we offer you anything else on the house. NOTHING. So in turn, I will NEVER give them my business again. It wasn't even crowded so there is no excuse for this type of service. EVER
- The following 281 reviews are from the Morris Tap and Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014most dishes are delicious. The spicy buffalo chicken and bacon dip is our least favorite.... wings are awesome...Special Features:
- Great restaurant!NathalieDined on 5/31/2014We have eaten at the Morris Tap and Grill many times, and each time it gets better! Delicious fig and Gorgonzola flatbread. Tender fabulous calamari to start. Then me husband and I had barbecue ribs. They were fall off the bone good, tender and tasty! We really love the way the French fries are prepared too! The back dining room is a bit too noisy, so if you want more quiet, ask for the Tree Room when you make a reservation. You definitely need a reservation on Saturday night. All in all a great restaurant with a varied menu. There's something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time at MTG.BBQFANDined on 5/24/2014Chef Eric is always warm and gracious, a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamsDined on 5/24/2014Waited very long time for main meal to be served. Do not think it was the wait staff's fault. Asked for bread, and was given toasted hamburger roll, sliced....not acceptable. Food tasted very good, but I was not satisfied with quantity vs. price. Probably will not come again.Special Features:
- Good Stuff!ZamboVIPDined on 5/23/2014Went for our first visit last Friday eve. Restaurant busy as expected and we were seated right away. Our waiter Sebastian was very effective in showing us the elements of the menu. Good beer selection. Of particular note was the tuna tartare flatbread, the short rib sandwich, wings(yes the ghost pepper rub was the hottest wing I ever had!) and the calamari. All done very well. The only dish that did not please was the Grilled shrimp. The fried "croquette" was way too heavy and did not accompany the delicious shrimp too well. While the waiter was very good, he was a bit full of himself and pushed a bit too hard for us to fill out the comment card to say how great he was! We enjoyed it and will be back.Special Features:
- Not Your Average Pub FareeviedruDined on 5/17/2014My favorite thing about this restaurant is that there are half a dozen or more dishes that I've never seen anywhere else. And it's extremely rare that there are any ingredients on an "American" menu that I don't recognize; again, several! Ideal beer menu; varied but not overwhelming. Unique and delicious. Can be difficult to hold a conversation on a Saturday night because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Delicious, Casual FareOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Great local restaurant for a casual night out. They do a nice job on classics like burgers and fries (my burger-fanatic husband approves). They also have fun menu items that are different, ie tuna tar tar flatbread, and equally as tasty!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better each time!Jaz000VIPDined on 5/16/2014We've been to Morris Tap and Grill multiple times. The first time, honestly, we weren't impressed. For some reason, the beer list seemed uninspired and the food was so-so. Maybe it was us, or just an off night. I've been there 2x since (once to give it a fair second chance, and this time as a tie-breaker) and each has been very enjoyable. This time, Chef Eric Levine greeted us at the end of our meal and even provided his business card to we could contact him for any future concerns. As I've posted in other reviews, my fiancee's seafood allergies make dining out a challenge sometimes, and Chef Eric told us that a personal phone call will ensure she has adequate options (off-menu, if necessary) available for any of our future visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!happydinerDined on 5/16/2014Always happy with our experience here. From the beer to the food..and everything in between!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.